Chapter 11

The Last One

Hyerim’s POV

 

I knew long ago, courtesy of the Yunjae fan club and their countless gifts to Yunho. Most of which he has kept it in the drawers in his study. Also, through the years, I myself have received things from the fan club, expressing their happiness that their oppa has finally settled down but I can never compare to his one and only love. I had actually expected myself to react more violently than the ‘o’ that formed on my lips when I went through the items of their relationship.

 

I have never confronted Yunho about it, feeling that it was a conversation that will lead to nowhere. I was willing to accept them all silently, and maybe a part of me would like him to continue treating me like that. Sometimes I see guilt oozing out from his eyes, now I could put a reason to it. I guess my life will be similar to Jiyeon, I will tolerate it like she did. As long as their relationship does not blow up in my face nor do I see it in the headlines of the newspaper. I shuddered, thinking if that were to happen, how do I account to my dad. my belly, I smiled as I thought of what good friends Woohyun and my unborn child will be. Jiyeon and I can also bond due to the bad decisions that we made, being embroiled in their saga.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Parking my car in the underground car park, clutching the steering wheel tightly. I was battling with myself if I should give him that very big bouquet of flower that I have bought for him. On congratulating JYJ on their concert in Seoul. I did not know of this upcoming concert, till he sent me the details and told me to meet him before it. Turning around in my seat, I picked up the flowers and quickly left the car, before I could change my mind. Winding through the corridors, I felt slightly out of place, for dressing more formally than the staff there. Or was it the big bouquet of flowers that drew their attention. Either way, I was hurrying as I was going to be late. I did not want to give him a bad impression. I headed towards the place that had more staff gathered at that area, when I was close enough, they looked at me with wide opened eyes as though questioning why was I here. I couldn’t find a good enough explanation for being here thus I shifted uncomfortably and looking around. Hoping that I will somehow chance upon Jae’s name on the door.

 

“Yunho-ah!” whipping my head towards that familiar voice, I saw his warm smile and him waving his hands. He still looked fabulous, maybe even better than the last time that we met at his house. He had minimal makeup on and his hair was tousled. Wearing nothing more than jeans and a white tee, geez how could he look so good like that. Now, I felt even more out of place, putting more effort in my dressing than Jae himself. I think I was gapping at him like a fool thus he came up to me and pulled my hand into the room.

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

It was slightly more than an hour before the concert and fans were streaming in. I could hear some of them chanting but I was used to this god like treatment. Lying comfortably on the sofa while scrolling through my phone, the door suddenly opened. I took a peak and saw that it was Jae, wanting to take another dig at him for wanting to dress so simply for our opening song, till I heard what Jae said next, got me sitting up straight immediately. “Yunho-ah, thanks for the flowers! Make yourself comfortable.”

 

Jae was all smiles and I could tell that he was genuinely happy receiving his favorite flowers from him. But Yunho, as far as I could tell, was having a hard time being comfortable in my presence. Getting to my feet, I walked up to him and gave him a hug. I mean, this was no time to contemplate Team Yunho or Team Changmin was better right: as long as Jae is happy. I think I can accept either.

 

I felt like stabbing myself in the guts when I heard what came out of my mouth next, “Jae, is this why Changmin is uninvited?” I saw Jae stopping mid action of grabbing a chair for Yunho he just blinked his eyes and muttered, “No one was uninvited, they just chose what was more important.”

 

At that, he motioned for Yunho to take a seat and looked at me, willing for me to leave the room. I grabbed the door knot, not before making sure my handphone was with me. I was so going to get to the bottom of things. Seems like I am no longer Jae confidante, so I should seek someone else for an answer. I bumped into Junsu on my way out. I had to manhandle him out of that place for he was making a fuss for wanting to enter to grab his stuff. I pinned him against the wall outside the room while I dialed Changmin’s number. After much waiting, he finally picked up. It was obvious from his voice that he has been drinking a lot.

 

“Yah! Shim Changmin! What are you doing? Why don’t I see your here at JYJ’s concert? Shouldn’t you support us? Or maybe declare your love on stage. I can probably set up a segment for you though it’s a little last minute.” His replies sounded like a dejected puppy, with many sighs and pauses in between, but he still couldn’t give me a concrete reason why he was not here to support his Jae. At last, he asked if Jung Yunho was here. Now it was me who turned quiet. As though he was right in front of me, I started looking around, till I caught the eyes of Junsu, who was still pinned against my arm and the wall. I have never thought his quizzing eyes as mesmerizing but at that moment, I could not control myself as I leaned forward for a kiss.     

 

Junsu’s POV

 

A hard shovel was what I could muster, not wanting to attract more attention to ourselves. Hoping that none of the staff will think too much or actually have that much time to check out what we were doing. Wishing that I had Jae hyung’s eyes at that moment so I could convey without words my anger and how crazy I thought he was without opening my mouth.

 

I left him in the dust after giving him one more indignant look. I mean kissing in front of the public? Even when we were together he was not so daring, not even when he dated those girls. Much less when I am a guy and …

 

Aish, I think I need to clear my head so that I can face him properly during our concert later. But first, I will need to grab my bottle and handphone. Seeing that Yoochun did not stop me when I tried to enter our room, I made my way in.

 

- To be Continued -