Chapter 7

The Last One

Chapter 7 

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

I felt bad, I seriously do. Felt bad for hurting hyung but most of all I felt bad for lying. I took out my phone and sent a text to Changmin, stating that I did what he told me to do though I did not agree at first. After hitting the send button, I slumped into my seat and squeezed my eyes shut, praying hard that whatever I had done was right.

 

Jsunsu’s POV

 

Seriously, what have everyone been busy with till we don’t even have the time for a gathering? I muttered under my breath while I tugged harshly at the chicken thigh. I have no idea of the art of cooking but I offered, at least I have the sincerity. Not like a certain someone by the name of Jae hyung…. The least Changmin, Yunho Hyung and Yoochun could have done was to offer to pack something over… I thought I was the baby here. We have been putting this gathering off for too long, far too long. Woohyun can speak in proper sentence now, just short of 2 months to his second year.

 

Just when I shut the doors of the oven, I heard Woohyun squealing and then his tiny footsteps as he made his way, running, to the kitchen. When he saw me he immediately holler, “ Appa!! Umma is making me again!! Appa Appa!!!” I immediately felt better when I picked Woohyun into my arms and gave him sloppy kisses all around his chubby face.

 

After which I started telling him that he can’t call me appa later but he has to call Jae hyung his appa. When I saw him pout, I started pouting with him but when Jiyeon walked through the door, both of our faces broke into a smile. Jiyeon came towards me and took Woohyun into her arm, and then she smiled at me and told me not to worry. I flashed her one of my smile and went back to cleaning the kitchen up.

 

I don’t know when did all of these started but I am beginning to fill hyung’s place in this home. His guest room is no longer for guests but more like my permanent place. In the past, whenever hyung spent the night at his apartment, I will be scolding him for being irresponsible again. But now, whenever he is back, it casts me back to reality. Though Jiyeon does not agree but I feel that I will need to tell hyung about my relationship with her.

 

Oh and one more thing, I didn’t tell Jae hyung that I invited Yunho hyung too! We are brothers for life and our relationship should not be gone cause of those frivolous things named love. But there again, their love was never frivolous; it shone for all to see… I am starting to regret inviting him but brotherhood comes first, I reasoned with myself!

 

I am really looking forward to the gathering for now as I brought the slightly burnt chicken out of the kitchen and set it on the table. While my eyes were eagerly looking for Woohyun, to spend our last few minutes together before the door starts knocking.

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

“ This stupid Junsu, I really don’t think that he knows how to spell stupid,” I muttered under my breadth and started punching away on my phone. Guess who I saw when I parked my car, yeah you guessed it right. The great almighty Jung Yunho parking his freaking car too. I dared not to think how awkward the dinner setting would be later. And then tahh dahh I almost choked on my own freaking saliva when I saw that woman, Hyerim, walking out of the car. The bulge in her stomach, it is undeniable that she is more than fat.

 

That is when the panic starts setting in. It is not that I am trying to play a nanny to Jae just for the mere fact that I am his best friend but because a few days ago Changmin just texted me that Jae has agreed to give it a shot with him. And the last thing I will want is the effort that we have put in just gone to nought.

 

I have never been any firm believer in any faith though I am a Christian that goes to church during the little times that I deem as me being free. But now, I can’t believe that I am clenching my fist, praying to God that everything will be fine.

 

Reaching the front gate of the house, I spotted Woohyun stretching out his little arms to me. I couldn’t help but take him into my arms. I guess that’s the best decision that hyung has ever made, by having Woohyun. Before my sharp senses have noticed, Jiyeon was talking to me and I can’t help but keep avoiding her gaze. For fear of my sympathy will come oozing out of my eyes. I kept trying to keep myself busy with Woohyun and I guess that Jiyeon caught the hint and left me alone.

 

There, there! My sharp senses maybe blurred for a moment but not now! Nothing will ever elude my gaze. Instead of saying that I am experiencing heartbreak, I would say that I couldn’t believe my eyes. I walked towards him and pushed Woohyun into the arms of Jiyeon then proceed to pull him away. Maybe there is a way to salvage all of these, maybe if we just retreat into our very own world….    

- To be Continued-