Waiting For You

WITH YOU {Completed}
Hebe looked out at her window,as the season are changing now.Spring is coming soon,as she open her window and breath the fresh air that it brings.It has been two years now since he last saw Jiro,and there is no hope that she'll ever see him again.She let out a sigh,and felt the heaviness in her heart , yes ,he is still in her heart.

Barely a year ,after Jiro left,Hebe's father was laid off from work,and they end up moving to another part of a city to get a job.Somehow ,they quietly settled in here.The place is better,less crowded and better neighborhood for them.

She also graduated from high school now,and she is in college .She commute in the city everyday to school.Luckily ,she got a partial scholarship,and that helped them in her expenses.But pretty soon,she knows,she have to look for a job to help out her parents for her daily expenses.And her Dad has been getting sicker and weaker everyday, pretty soon ,he needs to work less and rest more.

Hebe is all grown now,a beautiful young lady,gone are the pig tails on her hair,the scrubbed face and the innocent eyes.She have grown,but to what she doesn't know.Her heart still yearn for Jiro,the man who promised her that he will come back to her.But to when,she does not know,but she believed it in her heart.

Hebe came out of her reverie,when she heard her Dad coughed,as she scramble to get to him.He did not go to work today,for he has been feeling sick lately.He has been having fever for two days already and has been coughing.The doctor suggested for him to be taken to the hospital,but her Father refused,saying it is only a flu.

"Dad ,are you alright?" Hebe asked."Did you take your medicine already?"

"Yeah,I did,can you just prepare me some hot tea,maybe ,I will feel better after a drink of hot tea." he said.

"Sure Dad." Hebe said.

"Don't you have a class today?" he asked."What time is your class?"

"Yes,I have at ten o clock,but I don't think I can leave you today." Hebe said

"No ,I will be fine,just make me some hot tea and then you can go to school." he said."I'll call your Mom at work,if she can go home early,if not I will just go to sleep,when I wake up,it will afternoon,and your Mom will be here."

"Are you sure Dad?Why don't I bring you to the hospital,you need to be checked." Hebe said with concern on her voice.

"No,it is just a flu,I will be fine,stop fussing like your Mom." as he coughed some more and let out a force smile.Hebe can only stared at her Dad,her face in a frown as she looked at him."Now run along,before you miss your classes."

Hebe,does not have a choice but leave her Dad at home.She phoned her Mom on her way out ,voicing her concern,over her Dad.Her Mom,was also concerned and she decided to go home early to check on her husband.She felt that he has been hiding what he has been feeling lately.She have to bring him to the hospital,one way or another.

Hebe arrived in school just in time for her class.Selina and Ella who were her friends in high school,goes to the same university as her.They met up for lunch after class.

"Hebe,how was your Dad,I heard he was sick?" Ella said.

"Yeah,but he is not doing too good.He is still having fever and cough,and it seems he is getting short of breath,most of the time now,despite of the medication." Hebe said."I am getting worried."

"Why don't you bring him to the hospital?" Selina asked.

"He refused,saying ,it is only a flu.But today,Mom is coming home early and she is bringing him to the hospital." Hebe said."I am scared."

"You still don't know.what he have,for all we know,it is just a flu." Ella said."So just hold on,don't be afraid.'

"I need to get a job soon.My Dad won't be able to work for now.And I feel guilty to ask Mom for spending money anymore." Hebe said.

"You know,my cousin works in one of the big company downtown,I'll ask her if they are hiring for now." Selina said.

"Nowadays,it is hard to find jobs,because of the downfall in the economy.But I really need a job so bad."Hebe said.

"I'll call her tonight and I'll give the company's name and address to you,so you can apply." Selina said.

"Thanks,Selina." Hebe said."I have to go,I need to check on my Mom and my Dad,what is going on right now.I'll see you tomorrow." and with that Hebe left her friends and headed home.

Jiro was sitting on his desk,looking out from his glass window,overlooking the city.He let out a deep sigh.

Hebe,where can you be?Why you did not wait for me?I have been looking for you for more than a year now,and yet I still haven't found you.Does it mean,we are not meant for each other?How come my heart is saying something else?Jiro have all these questions in his head.

And then the intercom came in."Sir,Miss Tiffany Hsu is here to see you."

"Alright send her in." he said,as he waited for her....