Chapter 4

WITH YOU {Completed}
It was a cloudy day as Hebe,looked out at her bedroom window.Pretty soon it is going to rain,Hebe thought.She hates to go out when it is raining.She just want to stay in her bed and sleep and hibernate when it is raining or the weather is cold.And it adds up that the road will be messy and it will ruin her shoes and mess up her hair.

She slowly went to the bathroom to shower.She wondered if she is going to see him today.She did not see him yesterday and the day before that.Maybe her meeting with him that day is by chance,for she have not seen him again even on her way back home in the afternoon.

She drank her juice and bite on a toast and started on her way.She checked her stuff before locking the door behind her.

By the time she was out on the street,the rain started pouring,it started as a drizzle and then the drops started.And as she opened her umbrella and dropped her bag ,somebody picked it up for her,and it was Jiro.She was not prepared to see him that morning and the suddenness of it put a coloring on her cheeks that she cannot control,as her heart beats faster.

"Oh,Hi,Good morning,thank you for picking it up for me."Hebe said,trying to control herself.

"Hello Hebe."Jiro said with a nice smile."Can I share your umbrella?"

Hebe smiled and nodded her head,as Jiro took the umbrella from her hand and hold the umbrella for her.

"Are you going to work now?"Hebe asked.She looked at him and he was still wearing a jeans and a tee shirt and a sneakers,probably not appropriate for a working outfit,unless he have a different job than the usual.

Jiro nodded but did not elaborate his job,and it sort of puzzled Hebe what he actually do for a living.They finally reached the bus stop,as Jiro still quiet but was thinking of what to say to her.

"What time do you usually go home in the afternoon?"Jiro asked.

"Around five in the afternoon.Why?"Hebe asked.

"No,I am just asking,I don't want you walking in the alley that late like the last time.I just want to make sure that you are safe."Jiro said.

Hebe was touched that he was concern about her safety."The last time was I have to stay behind after class for detention"as she smiled at the thought and then laughed "And I have a hard time catching a bus during the rush hours."

"Uhmm seems like you are a trouble in class."Jiro said laughing and teasing her."And I thought you are a sweet girl."

"Yes,I am sweet,it is just my friend put me in trouble by passing the note and I got caught."Hebe said."And the teacher caught me not paying attention to the class, previous to that."

"Do you always give the details of your life to a stranger?"Jiro asked looking at her amused.

"No I don't,but I don't consider you a stranger."Hebe said.Somehow this guy seems so complicated.She could not understand him.

"I am glad that you don't consider me a stranger,but then I am worried because we only met a couple of times,hardly not a stranger,is it?"Jiro asked,as he looked at her.She looked baffled and confused,as he smiled at her.She sure is innocent and naive,he thought.He loved it when she blushed,it make her prettier and more attractive.She is so young,so pretty and so innocent,what a dangerous combination,he told himself.It is the combinations that make her very attractive and that make it hard for him to resist that face.He is not suppose to get to know anybody and get close.... but it seems he can't keep away from her.
His bus have come and as he looked at her.

"I have to go,my bus is here."Jiro said"Thanks for letting me share your umbrella." and with that he was gone.

Hebe looked at his back.Somehow she could not understand him,and somehow,the mystery in him seems to draw her more to him.