Chapter 20

WITH YOU {Completed}
A week after their fight,and Hebe has not heard anything from Jiro at all.She wondered if it is all over for them now.No calls,and he was not even in the office to begin with.He went for an overseas trip without telling her.She does not even know when is he coming back.

She wondered if his silence means it is the end for both of them.She cried and cried but is seems her tears have ran out on her.She can't even cry now.But her thoughts are all filled with Jiro but she can't do anything now,can she?She just concentrated on her studies and work.

Although she came to work,she can't even bring herself to go to Jiro's office to check if he was there.She was to afraid of whatever she will find out.If he was there and he does not even contact her then it means that he does not want to see her at all and to know that will surely hurt her the most.Jiro not wanting her at all will surely hurts.But she waited and waited for his call all day and all night but none came.

Semester is almost over and finals is within a week.The holiday is almost here.She started to look for a suited gifts for her parents and Jiro and she wondered if he will even contact her for the Holidays.But she got her gifts to him if ever they will see each other.

Finals came and still no words from Jiro.She might have died and gone to heaven and he will never know as tears ran in her face.So that means everything is over for them now?Hebe decided to resign from her job as she gave her notice to the manager that week..She does not want to stay here anymore.There are too much memories already.She just have to go.

Two days after she handed her resignation paper,she got a call from Jiro's secretary for her to go to his office that afternoon.She hesitated to go,she does not want to go and then to see him and be a complete fool in his eyes.But the desire to see him one last time before she goes is more than anything else.She just hope that she can keep her tears in the bay and not be a foolish girl in front of him.

She went in the afternoon,just as she was told,long after the employee are gone for the day.The office was empty when she walked in.The secretary told her to wait inside his office as she said her goodbye for her for the day.She felt nervous seeing him again.It has been weeks and they have never talked after that.She wondered what is his mind right now.

Just then Hebe heard a sound on her back as she turned around and there Jiro in his suit.He looks serious and powerful and look every inch in his position as the head of the company.And Hebe felt more dawdy in her simple clothes that she wore from school to work.She wondered now whatever he sees in her in the first place,as she bit her lips.

"There you are,So how are you?" Jiro asked as he stared at her.He missed her like crazy but he have to give her the space that she needs.He forced a smile on his face.

"I am just fine,How about you?" Hebe asked.

"Just fine." Jiro said as he walked to his desk and to get far from her before he'll do something that he might regret.

"You called for me?" Hebe asked.

"Yes,the personnel told me that you handed your resignation letter the other day.I want you to stay .The economy is hard as it is and you said that you really needed your job..Why don't you stay?" Jiro said in his business voice as it hurts Hebe more.

"I .....I can't stay anymore." Hebe said.

"If my presence is bothering you,I can promise you I will not bother you anymore.You don't have to worry about me,Won't you consider staying?" Jiro said

""Thank you but I have to think about it.Is that all?" Hebe asked.

"Yes,that is all" Jiro said as he turned his back on her.

"Goodbye Jiro." Hebe said and with that she left.By the time Jiro turned around she was gone.And he didn't even stopped her,as he stared at the spot where she stood.

Hebe rushed outside the building.Seeing Jiro so cold hurts her a lot.She should not have come to see him at all and just have kept their memories together in her heart...tears ran one after another .She will never see him again. Whatever they have has ended and it hurts her a lot more than she could ever imagine.....Her first love has gone...and there is nothing she can do about it......