Chapter 9

I Just Wanna

Krystal's POV

I'm still overwhelmed about what happened earlier. I suddenly picked up my phone and was contemplating whether I should send her a message or not. But what will I type? It's our first time talking again after a long time and I really missed her. Having a conversation with her again felt really great. She said we should remove the awkwardness between us and I couldn't agree more. So this is what being in love feels like... I can't stop smiling. My daydream was interrupted by a phone call.

*phone ringing*

"Ssul?"

"Hello Soojungie!"

"Hey, why did you call?"

"Nothing! Can't I call my bestfriend?" Haha! Same Sulli as ever.

"Hahahaha! So how have you been doing?"

"I think I should be the one asking that... How are you and hyung?" Why so sudden? Aish..

"Uhm... we're okay... actually, we talked a few minutes ago..."

"Really?! What did you talk about??? Tell me! Tell me!"

"Wait! Don't be too excited!"

"Just tell me!"

"Okay..." I said taking a deep breath. "I said sorry... for what I did... and you know her... being the kind person that she is... said it was okay... that I didn't need to apologize... that I was right... that what she was doing was too much..."

"Mm..."

"And I realized how stupid I am for trying to be away from her. Now here I am, wishing I didn't do it. 

"Soojungie, don't call yourself stupid... I think what you did was just normal... you were unsure and scared, right? I understand you."

"Ssul... after what I did... do you think... she will still love me?"

"Why don't you find out yourself?"

"This is not easy you know..."

"Well try~" Sigh...  "By the way, I saw your first episode and you were so great as always!"

"Haha.. thanks Ssul..."

"Well... looks like you need to prepare your plan for hyung... good luck! Bye!"

"Plan? What pl-.. Hello?" Did she just hang up the phone? Aish... Well.. yeah..  good luck to me.

 

NEXT DAY

"Director-nim, can I play with Dal Bong?" I asked as Dal Bong, Rain oppa's dog in the drama ran towards me.

"Okay okay.. but don't make yourself too, tired."

"Yes." I bowed and took Dal Bong with me to the bench. Dal Bong is a sweet and smart dog. He is very obedient when we're filming. Hmm... Amber also has dogs, Jack Jack and Gongju... Gongju means princess in English. Did she name Gongju after me? I asked her before why she chose that name for her dog and she said it's her favorite Korean word that's why she picked it. And now I'm wondering, was she telling the truth that time or did it have something to do with me? Who knows.. Sigh..

"Dal Bong-ah... How are you?" I said as I scruffed his fur. "Do you think Amber will watch our episode tonight? Will she give me her attention like she used to? Sigh... You know, she has two dogs that's why she's very kind to dogs too... I'm sure you two will get along really well." I patted his head then he happily ran around the bench.

In this drama, Yoon Sena's personality is a little bit far from mine. She can boldly tell someone about her feelings, she does what she wants and she's not afraid if she'll fail or if she'll be criticized. But me, I'm her opposite. I'm not confident enough especially when it's about what's inside me. I'm always in my comfort zone. Actually, only the closest people know the real me and one of them is Amber. So I know how I much I hurt her. I hope she knows how sorry I am. This time, I'll make it right. I can't let her slip farther away from me.

After a few minutes, the director gathered us again for the next scenes. After filming, our director, staff and all the cast had a small party for the success of our pilot episode. We received a lot of positive feedback and compliments about the story and acting. it made us all happy so it pushed us to continue doing our job well. After dinner, we all headed home and as usual, I went to the dorm to watch the second episode. When I reached the dorm, Luna unnie and Vic unnie are already in the living room but Amber, isn't here yet. Luna unnie said she's out with her friends. Is she watching my drama with them? Maybe not.. but I'm still hoping..

When our drama went for commercial, Vic unnie decided to check her instagram.

"Oh... Amber updated her instagram."

"W-what is she doing unnie? I asked curiously.

'Uhm... it's a video.. here." Vic unnie faced the phone towards me and Luna unnie and saw Amber, Min unnie and Hyoyeon unnie dancing in a silly way with buckets on their heads. Sigh... so she didn't watch... Tsk... My drama came back on so my unnies and I gazed back on the TV but I wasn't so interested anymore. She chose her friends over watching my drama... Argh! I shouldn't act this way! This is so selfish!

"Grrr!" I was surprised because I said it out loud which made my unnies look at me.

"Soojungie? What are you doing?" asked Vic unnie.

"Uhm... n-nothing..."

"Strange.." said Luna unnie and looked back at the TV again. I took out my phone and clicked new message. I wanted to send Amber a message but I stopped myself. Don't act too obvious, Krystal, I said to myself and shove my phone away. I continued watching the drama without understanding the story. When the drama ended, I told my unnies that I'll go home. I took a shower to make my mood lighter. After that, I my laptop and went on YouTube. I want to watch our Red Light performances because I missed performing it. After watching our performances in M!Countdown, I saw a video entitled "f(x) Red Light Show Champion 1st Win." I clicked it and saw Amber and Vic unnie receiving our trophy. Ah right, we missed the awarding part because Luna unnie, Sulli and I needed to go to our schedules. When the video reached the encore, our song started playing and confetti continuously fell on stage. Everyone gave my two members a hug and handshake. Amber started singing but suddenly, Minah from Girls' Day hugged her from behind. Minah kept hugging Amber with her head leaning on the llama's shoulder. What's this?! My blood started boiling. And Amber didn't even realize it?! Grrr! Ah why did this happen?! Amber turned around to see who it was then hugged Minah back. Aish! I replayed that part more than 10 times. The more I watch it, the more I feel jealous! It's normal to hug but the way Minah hugged Amber seemed more than that. Why did it look so sweet?! When the video ended, I quickly turned my laptop off. I got my phone and searched for Amber's picture in my gallery.

"Why are you so charming?" I said talking to Amber's picture. "If ever Minah will confess to you, would you say yes? I can't believe I'm talking to your picture right now. Ha! Am I going crazy? What if, I'll confess, what would you say? Sigh..." I put down my phone and hid it under my bed. I closed my eyes and heaved out a sigh.  "Amber... I want to love you."

 

Amber's POV

"Hey guys, I'll go home now. See you next time." I waved good bye as I got on my car. I missed Krystal's drama today. I told her that I'll try to watch it but as I said yesterday, I can't bare her doing sweet scenes with guys especially with L. However, I want us to be back to normal again which means I need to be okay with it. She will never like me romantically and I have to deal with that. I should be contented with us being just friends. It is less stressful and more acceptable. When I got to the dorm, Luna and Vic unnie are already asleep so I just quietly went to the kitchen and drank some water. After that, I took a shower and my laptop. I hope someone uploaded today's episode on YouTube. Woah there it is! I peacefully watched it and can't help but to be engaged in the story. While watching her, I slowly accept reality. And it's fine. I'm gonna be fine now. No need to be bitter and sad because our friendship is more important. After watching, I decided to send her a message. Don't get the wrong idea, I just I wanna say this episode is very good. Friends do that.

To: Princess Krystal

         Hi Krystal, episode two is really good! Well, good night :)

 

Krystal's POV

*phone beep*

I was already sleepy when I heard my phone beep. I took it from under my pillow and opened the message. My heart pounded non-stop as I saw her name.

From: Stupid Amber

         Hi Krystal, episode two is really good! Well, good night :)

My lips curved up from ear to ear. What should I reply?

 

Author's note: Comment please. :) :P <3 And the line "I want to love you", I got that from My Lovely Girl ost. It's "Saranghae Jullae "in Korean or "I want to Love You". :)