Chapter 3

I Just Wanna

Krystal's POV

When I went in, I thought she was already behind me but she stayed outside for a while. I joined the girls who were in the living room watching TV. My eyes were focused on the screen but I'm not really paying attention to the program because I was waiting for Amber to come in. After a few minutes, the door opened and she went straight to her room. Luna unnie invited her to watch TV but she turned it down. I remembered what she said earlier, that starting today, she'll distance herself from me... so that's why she's in her room now, because I'm still here. I feel so terrible that I told the girls I'll be going home. Before, Amber would watch me until I get inside our house, making sure that I got home safely though our house is just a minute away from their dorm. Now, I'm walking alone. I decided to take a shower to help me clear my mind. Suddenly, her words echoed in my head, her confession, her voice, her tone when she was saying sorry... she's saying sorry for loving me... for having feelings for me... but should she really be sorry? She didn't do anything wrong... Then again, her words, the part when she said she would stay far from me... it's just... why do I feel like this? Why is my heart aching? I wanted this... because I can't accept that I have feelings for her, too. I mindlessly finished my shower and dressed up.

I lay down but my mind won't shut up. What will I do tomorrow? How should I face her? i'll just ignore her, right.. That's what I'll do. I then plugged in my earphones and listened to Oohyo's songs. Before, I just liked her songs because of the tune but now, i'm not only listening to the tune but also to the lyrics. Was this song made for me? This is not helping. I turned the music off and just shut my eyes tightly. I need to sleep. I need to prepare myself for tomorrow. 

 

THE NEXT DAY

I quickly fixed myself before heading out the house. We have an early schedule today because we will be having a fan sign event in Daegu. When I arrived at the dorm, all the girls were still busy preparing their things. I was looking for a certain girl but I can't find her. I don't know why I wanted to see her... maybe to check if I can handle this situation well.

"Vic unnie, where's Amber unnie?" I asked our leader. I only drop the honorifics when Amber and I are alone. 

"Uhm I think she's already in the van." she answered. I wanted to ride the van too but it would be too awkward if it's just me and Amber there. Sulli came out from the room with her bags. 

"Hey Ssul, are you going to the van now? Let's go." I said hoping she'd say yes.

"Uhm not yet, I still have things inside. Go ahead, hyung is there." I sighed. I guess I don't have a choice. I went to the van and saw her seated at the back with her hood over her head, her headphones on each of her ear while her hands are busy with her Rubik's cube. It's impossible for her not to see me since I took the seat in front of her again. I was waiting for her to poke my shoulder, or do a prank on me but nothing... all I hear is the sound of her Rubik's cube. But why am I waiting? I agreed to this, and she's really serious about it. I should be happy right, because there wouldn't be Kryber anymore. A few minutes passed and our members finally joined our silent moment here.

"Alright everyone, this is gonna be a long ride so don't stress yourselves, okay? Relax."

"YES OPPA." We chorused as the van's engine roared to life. Of course, Vic Unnie brought a lot of snacks for us and my mom gave me some, too so the members and I could eat together.

"Amber, what do you want to eat?" Vic unnie asked the girl who was just silent the whole time.

"Uhm... I'm not really hungry."

"Hyung, are you okay?" asked Sulli.

"Yeah... why?"

"Nothing, it's just that you are so quiet."

"Do you have a head ache again unnie?" asked Luna unnie.

"No... I'm fine.. don't worry..."

"Hey kids, don't bother her too much... she said she's fine." said Vic unnie. All I could do is swallow the invisible lump in my throat. An hour or so had passed and Luna unnie and Sulli fell asleep too. I feel so restless, I need to keep my mind preoccupied so I just watched the view outside.

"Hey Soojung-ah, give this pillow to Amber."

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"This pillow, give it to Amber... her neck will hurt if she continues to sleep like that." Vic Unnie pointed to the person behind me.  I looked back and saw Amber in a very uncomfortable position. I didn't have a choice but to follow Vic Unnie. I tapped Amber's knee trying to wake her up.

"Am...Am..." I called out softly. Saying her name is very difficult right now. She woke up and our eyes met. "Here." I said holding out the pillow still looking at her in the eyes. She hesitated a little before taking it. I heaved out a sigh and faced in front again. After a few hours, we finally reached our location and fans were already waiting for us there. We went on stage and took our seats. Like Amber said, our positions were already arranged so like usual, we always sit next to each other.

 

Amber's POV

We're now seated here, with her on my left side. I loved our seating arrangements because I was always next to her, but now, I hate it... because it means she feels uncomfortable right now. It would just be for a few hours, I can handle this. The count down begins for me. The event has started and it's time to meet our fans.

"Hi Amber unnie~" greeted a fan.

"Hello~ How are you?" It's really hard to smile when you know someone is not happy that you're in the same place with her.

"I'm fine unnie... This is for you. I know how fond you are of magic cubes so I bought this Fisher's Cube for you. It's really fun to play it, unnie." said the fan who looks so nervous right now.

"Wow... thank you very much! I will learn it later when I get home." At least, my fans are making me happy. They try to put a smile on my face with the simple things they can do. At least they show they care and love me. Receiving this simple gift made me want to cry. I'm just so emotional right now but I tried to fight it. The fan now bid me good bye and moved to Krystal.

"Krystal unnie, these are for you." The fan gave her a paper bag of dried mangoes. "I hope you'll eat them, unnie.. You can share them with Amber unnie and the others." When the fan mentioned my name, I didn't know how to react so I just pretended that I didn't hear anything. The event went on and we got a little hungry since it's lunch time already.

"Amber unnie, please ask Soojung what she wants for lunch because manager oppa will buy." I looked at the girl on my left who's busy with her phone. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Krystal," She looked at me as she heard her name and turned her head back to her phone. I tried to sound normal. "They are asking what you want for lunch."

"What will they be having?" she asked still facing her phone.

"I don't know, do you want me to ask?"

"No... just tell them I'll eat what they'll eat."

"Okay." I stood up and walked towards the others. I'll get used to this soon. I went back to my seat and got my mini cube from my pocket. I just need to do something while waiting for the food. Suddenly, I heard a loud shout from the crowd.

"AMBER UNNIE SARANGHAE!!!" I was so touched. I put my cube down and made a heart shape with my hands.

"SARANGHAEYO! GOMAWOYO!" I said and it made the fans so happy. I was waving at them the whole time. I decided to sit at the edge of the stage to make small talks with the people in front. I need this, I need to laugh so my pain would go away even just for a few minutes.

"Amber, time to eat." A staff came to me and helped me stand up. I saw Krystal and the girls approaching the stairs. Krystal was on her way down, she is somewhat having difficulty. I wanted to run and help her,but I stopped myself. Then one of the staff held her hand and she got down safely.

"Amber, eat first. Stop playing with that." Vic unnie said as I fiddled with the cube the fan gave me.

"Wow.. hyung.. how do you solve that?" asked Sulli.

"Uhm.. I'm not sure but I think it's just the same algorithm."

"Ah Vic unnie, here are dried mangoes. A fan gave me a while ago." I heard Krystal say from the other end of the table.

"Oooh! So many, how many bags are in there?" asked Luna.

"I don't know, she said all of us can eat it." said Krystal.

"Okay, oppa, unnie... dried mangoes for everyone." shouted Vic unnie.

"Hyung, have some." Sulli said while holding the bag in front of me.

"No... it's okay..."

"Huh? But you like this, too." she said.

"Ahm... I don't feel like eating it today." I said as I continued eating my meal.

 

Krystal's POV

When I heard Amber say that she doesn't want any, I felt bad. Is it because it's my favorite? I can't understand myself, the reason why she's like this now is because of  me. Argh!

Before lunch, when she was playing with the fans, she looked so happy, she's having fun goofing around, making people smile. She used to do that to me, too that's why I never got bored in events like this. I took a glance at her while she's playing with her new cube. She's really like a kid.

"Ssul! Puppy! I got it!" she said holding the solved cube up in the air. 

"Wow! Daebak! Of course, you solved it!" said Luna unnie. I stared at Amber's smiling face. I miss her.

After the event, we all headed home so we won't be on the road so late.

"Hey girls, would you like to visit the house I live in with Jessica unnie?"

"Oh for your reality show? Wow! Okay okay!"

"Soojungie, I can't, I still need to sleep early for my Fashion King filming tomorrow." said Sulli.

"Ah okay... Luna unnie, Vic unnie?" I said looking at the two.

"Amber, let's go?" said Vic unnie. Oh no...

"Uhm... I'm gonna meet Min and Hyoyeon later." she said. Whew. Thank god.

"Mmm... okay. So it's just us three Soojung." said Vic unnie. When we arrived at their dorm, I went to our house first to change and to get my car. The unnies said they'll freshen up first. When I was already in our garage, I saw Amber drove off from the parking lot meaning it's safe to enter the dorm now.

"Let's go unnies?"

"Alright!"

 

Amber's POV

"Hey Min, what happened to that Llama?" asked Hyoyeon.

"You know... same problem." whispered Min.

"Hey... stop whispering... I know you're talking about me." I said.

"Oh... well, what's the matter? You survived the first day." said Hyoyeon.

"I know.. one down... how many more to go? Forever?"

"Am... I know what you're going through is tough... but it's for the best right?" said Min.

"She invited the girls to visit her and Jessica unnie's place. Though I know she wouldn't ask me, it still hurts." I sighed then looked at my two friends. "Help me get through this?" I said. The two dorks approached me and sealed me in their arms. "I feel so broken right now, thank you for holding me into one piece."

"Am... be strong, okay?" said Min.

"Yeah, we're always here to catch you. We love you no matter what you are." assured Hyoyeon. 

"Hey, let's ride our skateboards. The fresh air would help lift your spirit up." suggested Min.

"Right! C'mon, get up llama!" I followed them outside. Yes, doing a lot of things will help me forget everything. I just need time. I have my friends, I'll be fine.

 

 

Author's note: Hmmm... I'm not sure if this chapter is sensible or not... Waaah! I think I'm going crazy! So... comment please?