Chapter 13

I Just Wanna

Sulli's POV

After watching AS4U, we continued having chit-chats. We definitely missed having these kind of moments but I noticed Soojung wasn't much in the mood. Is it because of what we've watched? Tsk tsk... What will I do with you Soojung? The unnies went to the kitchen to get some snacks while hyung is just sitting on the floor playing with her magic cube. Soojung on the other hand is just here beside me without uttering a word. Sigh.. oh my best friend. 

"Why so quiet? What's on your mind?" I whispered as low as possible.

"Sigh... a lot..."

"Bothered?"

"...."

"Jealous?"

"...."

"Worried?"

"Sigh... all of the above..." she said in a low voice. "I never knew it would be this hard..."

"What is?"

"Making her love me again..." she said heaving out a sigh while taking a glance at hyung. "Look at her, she's always far from me."

"Because that's what both of you agreed on, right?"

"But she said we can treat each other normally again... but this is not normal... she's still distant..."

"Well... maybe if you tell her how you feel, things might get better..."

"What? b-but... I can't do that.."

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared..."

"Huh? You said you're okay now..."

"No... no... I mean... I'm scared... that she might reject me... that she might do what I did to her..." 

"I understand what you mean... but... how will you know?"

"I don't know..."

"You know Soojung... you know it... you just have to be brave enough to do it..."

"You're right..."

"You girls look really serious." Hyung said as she sat beside us. Soojung's expression suddenly changed. 

"Hmm? No no... just having some 20 year old girl talk, right Soojungie?" I said and gave out a smile. Soojung just nodded and smiled lightly.

"Oh.. okay..." she said as she continued fiddling with her cube. 

"Hmm... What are the unnies doing in the kitchen? Let me check on them, okay?" I said and stood up. Soojung looked at me like she's in panic again but I just mouthed "Fighting" and walked away. 

 

Krystal's POV

My heart is pounding hard again. What will I do? Come on Krystal Jung Soojung, you can do this. I looked at Amber, she's so busy with her cube but she looks so cute. I took a deep breath. Time to make a move.

"Uhm Amber?"

"Hmm?" she said with her eyes still on that confusing toy.

"Could you teach me how to solve that?"

"What?" she asked without looking at me. "Wait a minute I'm almost done." she said with her hands moving so quickly. "Stop timer!" then she clicked something on her phone. "Oh! I beat my old record! Haha!" she said proudly before facing me. "What were you saying?"

"U-uhm... I want to learn how to solve that, could you teach me?"

"Really? Why became interested all of a sudden?" Hurry Krystal, think of an excuse!  

"Because... it looks cool... and it makes people look so smart." Lame... so lame. Argh.

"Haha! Yes... that's why I look smarter because of this." she said showing her dorky grin which made my heart flutter. Calm down. "Do you really want to learn?" she asked with a serious face.

"Y-yes."

"Really?" she said as she leaned a little towards me.

"Yeah.."

"Really really?" she said but this time with a smile.

"Yes~" I said with a chuckle. 

"Really really really???"

"Yes yes yes!!!" I giggled at her dorkiness. I missed this Amber so much.

"Haha! Okay, wait... I'll get my other cube." she said and went to her room. I looked at the kitchen and saw Sulli giving me a thumbs up. I smiled. I can do this. "Alright, here use this one because it's much smoother." she said and handed me the cube.

"So... before we start, you need to be familiar with the parts first, okay?" 

"Okay.." I said while looking at her.

"So these... are called centers... they will never change their positions, okay? So white will always be opposite yellow, blue will be opposite green, and red will be opposite if orange, get it?" I nodded as I look at my cube. What did I get myself into? "Next, these are called the edges." she said as she point at them. "And these are the corners. It's important to know these parts so it will be easy for you to solve." I think I'm getting dizzy now. She then started telling me the first step. At first, I was really focused but later on, I didn't pay much attention about the lesson anymore, rather, I was more focused on this moment with her, with her so close to me. I wish I didn't have to make an excuse just to talk to her. Why is it so hard for me now? "So, are you getting it?" she asked bringing me back to the real world again.

"Uhm... a little bit..." I said shyly.

"Haha... that's okay... It's really hard at first because you need to be familiar with the algorithms."

"Ah... yeah... it's really hard to remember."

"How's your tutorial going?" Sulli said all of a sudden. I looked around. What? They were here the whole time but I didn't notice? Was I that focused? How come I didn't see them? 

"It's going on well... Krystal's a fast learner." Amber complimented then tapped my shoulder. "Just practice those steps first. When you are already familiar with them, we'll proceed to the next." she said before standing up. I continued doing the steps she told me.

"So..." said Sulli taking a seat next to me. "... you're really gonna do that?"

"Sigh... yeah... crazy, right?"

"Haha! Well... you need to do everything.."

"True... but can my brain really handle this?"

"It should, or else..."

"Or else what?"

"You lose a chance... remember, you're trying to win her back."

"I know I know..."

"Oh... here she comes..." said Sulli and went back to join the unnies.

 

Amber's POV

These girls really whisper a lot. I wonder what they're talking about. Sigh.. never mind. However, Krystal really suprised me today. She suddenly wanted to learn how to solve the cube. Is she trying to impress someone? Maybe L? Or other guys. Sigh... One thing's for sure, it's definitely not me. I sat beside her again and looked at her. Why don't you just have a boyfriend already, so I can stop feeling this way. Because I'm still protective, I'm still caring, I'm still... ugh... stop heart, stop.

"Am? Am?"

"Huh?"

"What should I do if the color is at the left side again? I always forget, sorry."

"Ah... it's okay. Like this." I said and showed her. She carefully watched my hands play with the cube.

"Okay okay... let me try again." she said eagerly and did what I did. I just looked at her. I hope you'll find a good guy who'll take care of you. 

"I did it!" she said showing me her cube. She finally completed the first layer.

"Good job!"

"Hey you two, come here and eat first." said Vic unnie which made Krystal and I look at their direction. "Amber, can you get some more milk tea from the fridge?"

"Alright."

"No... let me get it." said Krystal.

"Why? No I'll do it. Go ahead and eat." I said and went to the kitchen. I got two bottles of milk tea and some cookies. I placed them on the coffee table and joined them in their circle. I sat beside Krystal because that's the only space available.

"Here." Krystal said holding a fork with a piece of rice cake on it.

"Huh?"

"Ahh." She's been doing this a lot. I stared at her for a few seconds, wondering why she's doing this. "My arm is about to fall off." she said which made me open my mouth. She smiled and stuck a piece again on her fork. I was waiting for her to feed it to Sulli, or the other girls but she just ate it herself.  What are you doing, Krystal? 

The day finally ended and Sulli needed to go home. The girls wanted her to stay a little more but she needed to go somewhere with Choiza oppa. 

"I'll visit again soon, okay?" she said as she rode the car. We waved good bye and went back inside.

"Okay, clean up time!" shouted Vic unnie.

"I'll clean the living room." volunteered Luna.

"Then I'll wash the dishes." I said.

"Let me help you." said Krystal as she gathered the plates and went to the kitchen.

"No... it's alright... you can go home now... I'll handle this."

"Why? I wanna help. I ate too." she said and started soaping the dishes. I just sighed in defeat.

 

Krystal's POV

Amber and I are now washing the dishes. I looked at her and she seems deep in thought. Is something bothering her?

"Hey... why are so quiet all of a sudden?"

"Mm? Am I?"

"Yeah.."

"I'm just thinking about something.."

"What are you thinking about?"

"Uhm.. nothing.."

"C'mon... tell me..."

"I-I'm... I'm just confused."

"About what?"

"About you..."

"What?'

 

Amber's POV

Damn... Why did I let that slip out of my mouth? I looked at Krystal, she has this confused expression on her face.

"N-nothing... forget what I said." I said and walked out of the kitchen. "I'm just gonna take a walk." I shouted and opened the door. 

"Me too." I heard Krystal say. I was walking on a fast pace, trying to get away from this situation.

"Am! Amber!" I heard her calling me. I looked back and saw her walking behind. Oh why? "Hey, wait!" she ran and caught up with me. "What did you mean back there?" she asked as she grabbed my arm.

"N-nothing... I told you... forget it." I said calmly.

"Then if it's nothing, why are you walking away?"

"Nothing... please Krystal... just forget it... okay?" I begged.

 

Krystal's POV

I looked at her as she begged me to believe what she's saying... but I know... it isn't nothing. Her eyes are sad again. Do I always make her sad?

"You said... you're confused about me... Why? What did I do?"

"Krystal... please..."

"Just answer... I want to know... I want to know what you're thinking..." she just stayed silent while looking at the ground. "Amber, are you mad at me?" she shook her head. "Are you annoyed when I'm around.?" 

"Of course not..."

"Then what is it? What did I do?" She looked at me straight in the eyes.

"You... you do this to my heart everytime." she said as she held my hand and placed it on her chest. "You make it beat so fast, that I can't breathe. But sometimes, I just want it to stop." 

"W-why?" 

"Because... it is beating for the wrong person." she said and put my hand back to my side. "I know we've talked about this before... I'm trying... okay? But when you're near me, this stupid heart, beats by itself...that's why I'm walking away..." I was shocked. She still has feelings for me. It means, she still loves me, right? "I'm sorry Krystal, I don't think I can do this." she said as she started walking again.

"Amber, wait!" I ran after her and made her face me. I looked at her in the eyes. "Amber..." 

"Why?" she asked with her eyes on mine. I don't care anymore. I put my hands on her shoulders, leaned forward until my lips touched hers. 

 

 

Author's note: Please don't kill me.