Chapter 5

I Just Wanna

Next day, Krystal's POV

"Unnie, let's go bowling tonight when I get home from filming, please~" I said as I barged in the dorm. I saw Vic unnie and Luna unnie on the couch watching TV. 

"What? Won't you be too tired?" asked Vic unnie looking at me in disbelief.

"Yes but I really want to go bowling... I'm so stressed..." I said taking a seat with them.

"Omoya! Hahahaha! Ah Amber unnie is really... hahaha!" Luna unnie's laughter really got me curious.

"Aish what's that?! Hahaha! The writers really got humor, right?" said Vic unnie.

I looked at the TV and saw Amber on it. AS4U is on and they are having a parody of My Love from the Star where Amber is the guy and Sungjae is the girl. There was a scene where Amber was trying her best not to laugh because of Sungjae. She's having fun, and I'm happy because she's smiling again. While staring at her face, all that she said last night came back to me... She still wants us to be friends... like casually... I know in my heart that I like her... I like her so much... I'm just afraid of what others might think, or already thinking... I don't want them to judge me... but who am I fooling... all these times of being away from her, made me miss her more, made me love her more, I guess avoiding her won't do any good. But what will I do? I can't be with her. Sigh... This love... this kind of love... Why is it so difficult? Love is free, right? Love is for everybody. But why do I feel like loving her would cost so much? Not with money, but with judgements, comments, and labels. Why can't we just love who we love? Why do we need to explain? To please everybody? Why can't we just say, I love her, because she's kind, loving, caring. I love her because she is Amber. Can't I just say that?

My train of thoughts was interrupted when the door opened.

"Amber unnie, we just saw you playing as Do Min Joon in your AS4U episode. Haha! You're funny! I think you can be an actress, too!" exclaimed Luna unnie.

"Yeah! Yah, is the kiss at the ending real? Why did Kangin oppa cover you! I wanted to see the kiss!" said Vic unnie which made Luna unnie and Amber chuckle while I just smiled at them.

"Oh... Ddyooddungie, you're here.." she said casually when she noticed me at the corner. I smiled at her shyly. Wow.. she talked to me..

"Hey... we'll go bowling later, wanna join us?" asked Vic unnie while looking at Amber.

"Oh.. uhm... will that be okay?" she asked turning her gaze at me. I don't know how to react that I stuttered my answer.

"S-sure..." I said still a little shy. She smiled at me then looked at Vic unnie again.

"So what time will we go?" she asked.

"Uhm.. Soojung said we'll go after her filming."

"What time will you get home Soojungie?" asked Luna unnie and all eyes were on me.

"Uhm... I'll be done at 10..." I said while glancing at Amber.

"Ah... then I'll go meet Min and Tiff first, okay?" she said waiting for my answer.

"Okay.." I answered softly. She then went to her room and changed her clothes. 

"Bye! Just send me a message Puppy!" she said and went out.

"Uhm unnie, I need to go too... we'll only film for a short time since we only need to do a few scenes."

"Okay... see you later Soojungie!" chorused my unnies. I was hoping to see Amber outside but she was already gone. She's so fast. My mood got a little low but I then heard my phone beep.

From: Stupid

         Good luck on your filming. Fighting!

A smile instantly formed on my face after reading it. I got on my car feeling butterflies in my stomach. 

As soon as I reached the filming site, all I thought about was bowling. I'm not excited about the game, I'm excited because Amber will be with us. The director called us for the last scene and I got up eagerly. When the director shouted "CUT!" my heart pounded non-stop knowing that in just a few minutes, I'll be with her, I'll see her. I immediately gathered my things, got on my car and sent a message to Vic unnie that I'm on my way home. When I arrived at the dorm, I saw them waiting in the living room yet I noticed someone is missing.

"Where's Amber unnie?" I asked.

"Oh... she said she'll be a little late." I frowned a little and all my excitement flew away.

"Don't worry, she'll catch up!" said Vic unnie and patted my back. "Let's go! I'm so ready for bowling! I followed my unnies to my car. When we arrived at the bowling alley, we got our bowling shoes and Vic unnie ordered a lot of food. I watched them playing while I unethusiastically toss the bowl when it's my turn. A few minutes passed but Amber still hasn't arrived.

"Will she come?" I asked my members.

"Yeah... that's what she said." answered Luna unnie. I looked at my watch and it has been half an hour. Maybe she won't come, I thought. My turn came again, and I luckily knocked down all the pins.

"Wow! Nice shot!" I heard a voice shout behind me. When I turned around, I saw her sitting beside Luna unnie while wearing a bright smile. I wanted to be mad at her, but what for? I just gave a smile back.

"Thanks." I said and sat on the seat across from hers and took a bite from my sandwich.

"Yah Amber, show us what you got!" dared Vic unnie.

"What? But I have never played this game before." she said.

"Soojungie said it would be easier if you don't know how." said Luna unnie.

"Really?" she asked eyeing me. She was waiting for my response but I can't answer since my mouth was full so I just nodded my head.

"Oh.. okay." She stood up and held a bowling ball up. "Here goes nothing~" She tossed the ball that immediately went to the gutter. The unnies were laughing so hard that their voices echoed in the room. I wanted to laugh out loud too, but I was shy so I suppressed my laughter by covering my mouth. I turned around so she won't see my expression.

"Stupid." I said to myself.

"What was that?" I gasped at the sound of her voice. I didn't know she was standing behind me so I quickly faced in front.

"N-nothing..." 

"I heard you, you said something." she said teasingly.

"I said nothing!" I answered showing my annoyed face.

"Whatever you say...." she said with a smirk and went to the counter. I followed her with my gaze. Aish, this girl.

 

Amber's POV

I miss teasing her like that. She still looks pretty with her eye brows meeting at the center. I'm fine with this. I'm fine with us being like this. At least I can be with her.

"May I have a hotdog sandwich please?" I asked the lady at the counter.

"What else?"

"And a coke float, too. Thank you." I took out my phone to play while waiting for my food. Why do I feel like someone is watching me?

Krystal's POV

What is she doing there? What's taking her so long? I kept glancing at her and I don't know why. Just when I thought of glancing at her again, that's when she decided to take a look at me, too. My heart raised. Oh my god, she caught me! I quickly looked away and pretended to type a message on my phone.

 

Amber's POV

Was she really looking at me? But why? Does this mean we're okay? Sigh... never mind.

"Here's your order." I heard the lady say. I gladly took my food and paid. I took a seat next to Vic unnie while watching Luna struggling with the heavy ball.

"Go Luna, go Luna!" I cheered to boost our Puppy's confidence.

"Hey, we have a lot of food here, why did you still order those?" asked Vic unnie like a strict mom.

"Uhm.. because I miss American food." I said while munching on my sandwich. Why is Krystal so quiet?

 

Krystal's POV

Ah.. she misses American food. I remember when we were still trainees, she was still new to Korean food and didn't want the taste. She isn't used to eating rice too so adjusting was really a big problem for her.

"Hey, Jung Kry, want some?" I heard her call my name while holding her sandwich up. I politely shook my head.

"Wow! Hotdog sandwich!" exclaimed Luna unnie after her turn.

"Say ahh!" said Amber and Luna unnie happily took a bite. Ouch... my heart.

 

Amber's POV

The girls finally got tired and it was time to go home. Krystal and I didn't talk much, but I was glad that I could be around her again. I think she agreed with what I said last night otherwise she wouldn't let me join them, right? Maybe, it's best for us to be friends this way. Maybe she was right, my actions were too much already and it's not normal for us anymore. I think I'm finally moving on though it took a lot of convincing. I convince myself everyday that Krystal Jung and I will never ever happen. And I'm learning to accept that. Just a little more time.

We finally reached our dorm. Vic unnie and Luna still wanted Krystal to stay but she said she has an early schedule tomorrow so she needs to rest now. 

"Unnie, I'll just see you guys tomorrow, okay?" she said while standing by the door.

"Okay, just call us when you need anything okay?" Krystal already went out the door. I know I said I won't do things anymore like I used too but, I just can't stop myself. I wanted to watch her go home but I can't do that. 

"Uhm... I need to get something from my car." I said and passed by her. I opened the car door and pretended to get something but actually, I was just waiting for her to get in their house. I kept peeking through the windows. When I heard their door closed, I went back inside the dorm too.

 

Krystal POV

As I closed the door, I can't stop thinking about her. Did she really get something from her car? But why do I feel like she just said that so she could watch me? Amber, what should I do with you?

 

 

Author's note: Honestly, I really don't know what I'm doing. Sorry for this lame chapter guys. Did the story turned out weird? Sorry... And I feel lazy to proofread right now so if there are grammar errors, sorry <3