Chapter 2

I Just Wanna

Amber's POV

"So... you feel like she's avoiding you?" asked Min. I'm now at Miss A's dorm hoping my friends can help me understand what's happening. Good thing the other members were out so Min and I got the dorm to ourselves. Hyoyeon is still working. Ugh..

"Yeah... she never talks to me like she used to. She doesn't even look at me... like I'm invisible or something." I said while playing with a Dorito chip in my hand.

"But why? Did you do something that she doesn't like?"

"No... I didn't even know what I did to make her act like this. I can't understand her." I said with frustration in my voice.

"Am, can we be honest with each other?" asked Min and this got me curious.

"Yeah sure."

"I know that you act boyish and you're really caring in nature. I know that, but the way I see it, it's like Krystal is more than a friend for you."

"What?" I asked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you give Krystal too much attention. Like when you guys go up and down the stairs for example, why do you need to hold her hand or wait for her?"

"It's so obvious, she's wearing high heels and she might fall down." I said defensively.

"Sulli, Luna unnie and Victoria unnie are wearing high heels, too... why do you only help Krystal?"

"Because... because..." I don't know what to say.

"Here, watch this." she said as she held her phone towards me.

"What's that?"

"I'm sure you're aware of your couple name "Kryber" right?" I nodded. "These are fancams of you and Krystal." She clicked a video and I saw Krystal and I during our performances and fan sign events. The fans captured the way I look at her, the way we whisper to each other. There was also a video where we were walking outside while it was drizzling, I was like the boyfriend holding the umbrella over her head. "So? What can you say about it?" asked Min.

"I was just taking care of her, that's how you do it here in Korea, right? Unnies should take care of the younger ones."

"Yes... but don't you think it's too much? You act too sweet towards her."

"What should I do then? Should I stop?"

"Amber, what do you really feel for Krystal?" I was taken a back by this question. Should I tell the truth now? 

"I don't know... nothing..." I lied.

"Hey Amber, we've been friends ever since you got here so don't you dare lie to me!" said Min while threatening to hit me with a bowl. "And no, I am not gonna judge you. Never." She said with a stern look. I made eye contact with her. Okay, she's serious.

"Alright... I like her... I can't deny it anymore... Before, I thought it was just a sisterly love thing... but no... I admire her... and I feel like.. I want to protect her..." I said with all the courage I have. "And since this kind of relationship is not accepted here, I'm trying my very best to stop this feeling I have for her. But I can't. So now... all I can do is to take care of her like this... I didn't know I had gone too far.." I said as I cover my face with my hands. "What should I do now?"

"Talk to her." she answered quickly 

"How? She won't even go near me."

"Just find the perfect time." I felt Min's hand on my shoulder. I raised my head and nodded. I stood up from the couch and made my way towards the door. "Hey Min, any advice?" I asked before heading out.

"Be yourself, and say what you feel."

"Okay, thanks dude. Love yah.. I'll just send Hyoyeon a message."

"Good luck!" I got on my car and drove off. I played the song I wrote for our Pink Tape album. If she only knew that this song was for her. I decided to drop by my favorite milk tea place to buy some for me and the girls. 

f(x)'s dorm

"Ssul, Puppy, Pororo~ I have milk tea for y~" I was surprised to see a blonde-haired girl in the dining area with the girls. Why is she here? She's supposed to be at home now.

"Hyung! What's that?" asked Sulli and grabbed the bag from me excitedly.

"Uhm... milk tea... I only bought four... I didn't know Krystal's here." I said awkwardly. She was looking at me. Wait, she's looking at me? Anyway... "Uhm.. y-you can have mine, Krystal." I said. I didn't even wait for a response and just walked towards my room.

"Hey where are you going?" I heard Vic Unnie ask.

"Just gonna change my clothes." I shouted. When I came back, I went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. I glanced at her and saw my milk tea cup in her hand. At least she's drinking it.

 

Krystal's POV

I came here so I can talk to her but now that she's here, I don't know what to do. She's in the kitchen now, should I go there? Sigh. I stood up and walked in the kitchen. She's now facing the sink washing her hands.

"Am?"

"Aah!" she jolted as she heard my voice. When she saw me, her expression changed again. "Oh, it's you." she said.

"Mm.." I paused for a while as she went to the corner to wipe her hands with the towel. "Uhm.. would you want some?"

"No.. it's okay. I already brushed my teeth."

"Uhm... can we talk?" Can I do this? Whew... what should I do? She looked at me for a few seconds, like she's thinking.

"Uhm.. okay... I think we really need to." she said. We decided to talk outside so the other members can't hear us. We are now sitting by the door, we were supposed to talk but neither of us opened our mouths.

"Krystal, what's happening to us?" she asked. Oh no.. this is it. I put the milk tea cup down before speaking.

"I.. I don't know.." I answered as I lowered my head.

"Did I do anything wrong?" she asked again. I shook my head. Why am I like this?

"Then why? Why are you avoiding me? Why are you so cold to me?" Her voice didn't sound angry, rather, it's a tone demanding  for answers.

"Amber... it's hard to explain."

"Please, give me an answer, so I'll know what to do. I can't figure you out Krystal." I carefully arranged my thoughts in my head. I don't want to hurt her with the words that'll be coming out of my mouth.

"Amber, I'm very grateful for the way you take care of me, and for the attention you give me. But, I think... it's not right anymore."

"Because I'm a girl... right?" What she said caught me off guard.

"Y-yes... and I don't like how we're being paired up... it's just unnatural..." My hands trembled while I'm talking. I don't want to say those but I need to. I don't want my feelings for her to grow deeper.

"Do I... make you feel uncomfortable? She asked so softly it was almost like a whisper. I bit my lower lip then nodded.

"Sorry... for allowing myself to be this close to you... for making you feel uncomfortable." I just listened to the words she's saying. "Sorry, for acting this way... for... for crossing the line..." I quickly looked at her when she said the last part. "Yes... I crossed the line between friendship and love. I'm sorry." I gasped at her sudden confession. I wanted to say something but I was so speechless.

 

Amber's POV

"I guess you feel disgusted now, huh?" I chuckled to hide my pain and embarrassment. I looked at her trying to read her mind but nothing. "Don't worry, I'm not crossing farther anymore." I said. She looked at the ground again. Please tell me what's on your mind, Krystal. "Do you have anything else to say?" I asked hoping she would talk more but she just shook her head. I guess this is it. I stood up and she looked at me noticing I'm no longer beside her and stood up too. "Starting today, I'm gonna distance myself from you... so you won't be uncomfortable anymore... Hmm... don't worry... I'll only be near when I have to... like during performances or fan sign events... we can't avoid that since we have our positions arranged, right?... but if it's not really necessary, I'll make sure to be far from you as possible, okay?" While I was talking, she was just staring at me. Please say something. I waited for her to talk but she just nodded. I guess she agrees with everything. "So... yeah... that's it." I opened the door and let her go in first. I stayed outside for a few minutes to wipe my eyes. When I came in, I directly went to my room.

"Unnie, let's watch TV first!" I heard Luna say.

"Uhm... no thank you... I have a headache again." I shouted trying not to crack my voice. 

"Okay..." I heard Luna's faint voice. I lay on my bed and took out my phone.

To: The Min Min

         I did it. 

After sending the message, I didn't wait for her reply. I just closed my eyes hoping everything will be okay tomorrow.

 

 

Author's note: Ouch! My heart was ripped apart by this chapter. What do you think guys? Does this make sense? Please comment <3