Chapter 1

I Just Wanna

Amber's POV

"Krystal, give me your bag."

"No, it's okay Amber." she said as she made her way to the van. She's been treating me like this lately. Before, I usually help her carry her things and she would happily let me. But now, she seems... distant... I can't reach her anymore. I sighed and got on the van too. I was surprised to see her at the back with Sulli. We would always sit together before. I looked at her but she was busy with her phone. I took the seat next to Vic Unnie. We are on our way to Show Champion. As we got off the van, I waited for her so we could walk together but again, she walked with Sulli. I looked at her in disbelief. She didn't even look back at me. She just went on straight ahead. 

"Amber, let's go." I heard Vic Unnie say.

"Yeah." I followed unnie inside the studio.

We are now preparing for our Red Light performance so all of us are having our make-up done. I was looking at Krystal, wondering why she's like this to me. Did I do anything wrong? I can't understand.

"Hello Amber-shi."

"Oh hello~" I greeted the camera man. "What is this?"

"Ah just for Show Champion backstage."

"Ah... okay~"

"So what will you perform today?"

"Red Light. It's for our comeback stage."

"I heard you also wrote a song for this album."

"Oh yes... It's called Summer Lover. It's like the partner of Hot Summer. Haha!" I tried to sound happy. They also filmed my other members until it's time for us to come on stage. My members are wearing high heels today and it was normal for me to help Krystal since she's afraid to fall off the stairs. I was ready to hold her hand but she managed to climb up by herself and avoided my hand. I just helped my other members and went to my position. I need to clear my mind first. We proceeded with our performance and after recording, we went back stage to watch how we did. I really stood behind Krystal to see if she'll avoid me again or talk to me. When she turned around, she was surprised to see me. I gave her a wide grin like I used to but she just gave out a faint smile and walked away to join the others. I followed her with my eyes. Instead of sitting with them, I sat a few seats away and took out my phone. I sent a message to Min and Hyoyeon, my two bestfriends. I just need someone to talk to. They didn't reply, I guess they're still on their schedules.  I just kept my phone, leaned my body backward and closed my eyes.

 

Krystal's POV

I watch her as she took a seat over there. I don't know... Amber and I are really good friends. We hang out together, we even go to amusement parks and ski resorts together and I liked how she treats me. I was so comfortable with her that I was afraid that I might get too attached to her. There's nothing wrong with that, right? But seeing how she treats me, it feels like, there's something more to what we are. And it scares me... I'm scared because I know... I'm not like that. I can't be... no.

"Where's hyung?" asked Sulli while looking around. "Hyung!" she called as she saw Amber at the corner. "Come here!" Everyone looked at her direction as she walked towards us.

"Why?" she asked.

"Nothing... why were you over there?" asked Sulli.

"Uhm... just resting... I have a headache." she said with a sad tone. She didn't look at me and I felt hurt. But why would she? I did the same to her.

"Here." Vic unnie took out a tablet from her bag. "Ask the staff for some water and take that. You can't have a headache today." Vic unnie said.

"Thanks, unnie." Amber said and went to the staff. 

"Amber unnie looks sad today, doesn't she?" said Luna unnie while watching Amber.

"Maybe because of her headache." said Sulli.

"No... she was like that even before we got here." Luna unnie said again. I can't help but to look at her. I made her sad today, again.

"Okay girls! Let's continue recording!" shouted the director. We went on stage again for our second recording but this time, she didn't wait for me. She went to her position directly, her face expressionless. After our dance, we didn't have any schedule so the girls and I decided to go home. We were on our way to the van and she was walking ahead of us. Luna unnie noticed that so she walked faster to catch up with her. I watched as Luna unnie tickled Amber to get her attention. She smiled at Luna unnie, but not the happy one, not the dorky one, just a smile, a sad smile. The smile you give when you feel sad inside. I watch her as she sat at the back, her eyes not leaving the window. I sat infront of her. She was so quiet eventhough Luna and Vic unnie are telling jokes, I can't hear her laugh... and now I feel so guilty.

 

 

Author's note: So this is the first chapter. It's really short, I know but this is what i got so far... what do you think? Does this make sense?