Chapter 11

I Just Wanna

Amber's POV

I've always loved watching love stories. I know it's hard to believe but yes, I do like them. I don't know... maybe because I also get the feeling of being in love when I watch them, like I am the character in the story. Even though I'm boyish, I still have a girly side, rather, a soft side. However, this kind of love story is beautiful yet painful. Hazel Grace, the lead female character is fighting for her life everyday, considering every breath she is taking a miracle. She wants to be in love, but at the same time, she's afraid because she knows that she could be gone anytime and would just leave her lover in tears. But then, this guy Augustus, still bravely declared his love for Hazel Grace. He has a point, no one will live forever... so why waste time? If you love someone, just say it, just do it. It would be more tragic if everything ended without you saying anything, right? Now I realized, maybe that's why I let myself cross the line after all. At least she knew how I felt, and I knew her answer. It's better than just wondering, what if? And here we are, we're still friends, and friends is alright. Friends, can we really be just friends? Friends friends friends, c'mon Amber. Just friends okay?

Through the end of the movie, all of us were already making sniffing sounds. What a great love story. Painful, beautiful, true love. I hope God is writing a beautiful love story for me, too.

"Alright! I need something to drink. I can't breathe anymore." We heard Vic unnie say. We looked at one another's faces and laughed. All of us have puffy eyes and stuffy noses. Haha! "How about you girls? Want some water?"

"Yes please!" We chorused and Luna volunteered to help leaving me and Krystal here in the living room. I took my phone and used the screen as a mirror. Oh I look like a newly-cried llama.

"I think my eyes will be painful tomorrow morning." I heard Krystal say behind me.

"Oh no... do you have filming tomorrow?" I asked facing her and stared at her eyes. Oh... they are really puffy.

 

Krystal's POV

I forgot to answer her question because her eyes were glued to my face. Why is she staring at me? What's wrong with my face?

"Hey Krys?"

"H-huh?"

"I'm asking if you have schedule tomorrow..."

"Oh... luckily I don't... or else this is a big problem. Haha!"

"Then that's great! Wait here, let me get something from my room." she said and stood up. Luna unnie and Vic unnie came back from the kitchen with glasses of water. 

"Where's Amber?" asked Vic unnie with her round eyes.

"Uhm she said she'll get something from her room." I answered and drank water. Amber suddenly came in with her guitar.

"Oh.. will you have a concert unnie?" Luna unnie teased.

"No... I just want you guys to listen to this." she said. She sat on the floor and started plucking the strings. I was surprised when I heard the intro of Yoon Sena's song in my drama, the one sang by Kim Tae Woo oppa. 

"Is that?" I asked not able to finish my question.

"Yup... I love the sound tracks so I searched for this. Haha." I know I'm not Yoon Sena right now but why do I feel a blush coming on? Well... she didn't like it because of me, did she?

"Oh... I also listened to that when I was browsing on YouTube. Tae Woo oppa is really good." added Luna Unnie.

"Correct! Uhm Amber, will you have schedule tomorrow?" asked Vic unnie.

"Nope! And Krystal won't have either... how about you guys?"

"I'm free tomorrow" answered Vic unnie.

"Me too!" exclaimed Luna unnie.

"Really? Woah! Uhm... Let's call Sulli and have a party tomorrow! What do you say?" Amber suggested with her dorky face.

"Hey that's a great idea!!!" said Luna unnie. "Soojungie, dial Sulli's number now!"

"Okay okay!" All of us suddenly became excited. I clicked on Sulli's name and put it on loud speaker.

*phone ringing*

"Hello?"

"SULLI-YAH!!!"

"Oh? Unnies? Hyung? Kyaaaahhh!"

"KYAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" We all laughed at our silliness.

"Hahahaha! Yah Ssul, do you have time tomorrow? Can you come here? We're all free tomorrow so we are planning to have a small party and it would be happier if you'd join us!" said Amber excitedly.

"Really??? Omoya! What time???"

"From morning 'til night! Like the old times!" I answered.

"So you're coming?" asked Luna unnie.

"No, you're coming! I'm telling you to come!" demanded Vic unnie and our laughter roared again.

"Of course I would! I'll be there as early as possible!"

"OH YEAH!!!"'

"Alright, see you tomorrow Ssul! We've missed you so much!" added Amber. When the call ended, Vic unnie and Luna unnie already planned about the food that we will cook tomorrow.

"So, Luna and I will go to the supermarket. Will you girls be okay here?" asked Vic unnie. My heart raised, just me and Amber here? Omo... The unnies already went out and Amber and I are left here in the dorm. What will we do then?

 

Amber's POV

"So it's just you and me." I said as I closed the door. When I turned around, I saw Krystal just silently sitting on the couch. 

"Uhm.. yeah..." That's strange... why did she become quiet all of a sudden?

"Hey... are you okay?" I said as I took a seat beside her. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-no... I just remembered the movie we watched..."

"Ah... the story is beautiful, isn't it?"

 

Krystal's POV

It feels awkward now that we're alone. No... I don't think I feel awkward... I think I feel... I feel... nervous. Amber is making me nervous... in a good way...

"Ah yes... I like it very much."

"Those are two brave people, aren't they?" I was confused with Amber's question.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She paused for a while before answering.

"Hmm.. I mean... taking that risk.. to love someone... is a brave thing to do, isn't it?" I'm listening to her words carefully. "Their situation was uncertain, and they know it... but still... love erased their fears away." she said and gave me a smile. "Sorry... I feel like being a cheeseball today.. Haha!" she said jokingly. I never knew she has this side. I just nodded in agreement. Yes... fearless love... 

"How about you Amber, would you also love fearlessly?"

"Mm... actually... I already did..." she said with a smile. She already did? "I loved... though I know that person wouldn't do the same." I looked at her as she reached for her guitar. Is she... talking about... me? "But I'm happy that we're friends now." she added. Oh my gosh she IS talking about me. What will I do?

"Uhm... but why did you still do it? Why did you still love that person?" I asked hesistantly but I really want to know.

"You know what... I've asked that myself a million times... but... I can't find the answer... because I think there is no answer. When a person loves someone, I think that person doesn't need to have a reason for it... the same way we feel for our favorite food. If I ask you, why do you love mangoes, what would you say?" she said making eye contact with me.

"U-uhm... because I love it?"

"See? It's the same. No reason, right? Or maybe there a hundred and one reasons... and you could just summarize it with: I love that person, because I love that person. Period." she gave me a smile. Oh Amber... why are you like this? Is this your revenge? Your making my heart beat so fast. "Maybe my love story isn't written yet. Haha!" I looked at her with guilty eyes. Your laughter, is it real? Or am I hurting you again? I'm so sorry.

 

Amber's POV

Oh Krystal Jung... I know I told you that we're just friends... but sometimes... I'm still hoping... Sigh... Is it possible to unlove a person? Is there even such a word? I want to unlove you... but I can't... right now, we're only at the friendship stage... but still... you're two steps higher... just two steps higher from the friend-zone. 

 

 

Author's note: I hope this chapter isn't confusing. Please comment? Love you guys! <3