Chapter 8

I Just Wanna

Amber's POV

I opened the door and let her out first. What's happening? Why did she suddenly want to take a walk with me? I silently closed the door and followed her. I was just walking right behind her when she suddenly stopped and faced me so I stopped walking too.

"Why did you stop?" she asked.

"Because you stopped." I answered.

"I stopped because I was waiting for you to walk next to me."

"Oh... y-you want me to walk next to you?"

"Yeah... that's why I joined you, right?"

"Ah... okay..." I said as I went next to her. We were walking for a few minutes now but neither of us were talking. This is very awkward. I know I told her that I want us to be normal again but I still have feelings for her. Ugh... No no no... I promised myself that I should go on... Sigh... 

"So... how are you?" she suddenly asked which cut my flow of thoughts.

"Oh... I'm okay.. How about you?"

"I'm okay, too."

"Mm... are you enjoying your filming?"

"Yes... I was so happy that they chose me for the lead female role... Though it's very tiring, it all goes away after receiving positive comments about it." She said with a smile. Wow... I missed that smile. "And you? I see you're also having fun in AS4U.."

"Haha! Yeah... Kangin oppa and Sungjae are really funny guys. Whenever we are filming, it's like we're just playing... that's what makes me enjoy it." I smiled at her.

"Really? Wow... too bad I had schedule when Vic unnie and Luna unnie guested there."

"Yeah... you missed a lot of fun.." I said while smiling at her. "Anyway, maybe you and L can visit us some time." As much as I hated to say it, I think that's more sensible than to say she should visit alone since she's in a drama, right? But I think what I said made her a little confused because her eyebrows furrowed a little.

"W-why? Why with L oppa?" she asked in a curious tone.

"Uhm.. because he's filming with you..." Did I even make sense? Sigh... We continued walking around the village.

 

Krystal's POV

L oppa? Why did she suddenly mention him? Does she think I'm interested in him?

"Ah... o-okay... if the producers invite us, why not? Haha." I said while faking a laugh.

"Oh... I've watched an episode of Jessica and Krystal. Your house looks great." she said. Oh yeah... she haven't seen it personally because I didn't invite her. Ugh.. I was so stupid.

"Ah... yes it's interesting because the kitchen is at the 2nd floor. Even unnie and I didn't expect such a house." I added to save myself.

"Yeah... and it's funny when you found all the cameras on your first day."

"Haha.. yeah... unnie and I are good in hide and seek so we know the good places for hiding."

"Ah really? You and Jessica unnie play that?"

"Yeah when we were young..." 

"Mm.." she just nodded her head and there was silence again. I wanna know what she's thinking, what she's feeling, and if there's a chance for us again.

 

Amber's POV

While we're walking, I occassionally stop and look at my phone because of Min and Ailee. They kept sending me messages about random stuff. After replying, I looked at Krystal and saw her standing awkwardly beside me. I think she was waiting for me to finish with my business.

 

Krystal's POV

I wonder who she's sending messages to. Could she be interested in someone right now? Please, I hope not. Wait for me, Amber.

 

Amber's POV

"Uhm... sorry about that... Min and Ailee are flooding me with messages." I said with a chuckle and I noticed Krystal's expression change. I wonder what she's thinking.

"Oh.. Is it important?"

"No... just pranks and stuff."

 

Krystal's POV

Whew... Just and Min and Ailee... What a relief...

Pranks... I miss those pranks. I remembered one time when she played a prank on me, too. I asked her to accompany me to my solo activity and she agreed. When that day came, I sent her a message asking if she's already in the car but she replied she wasn't because she was sick and can't go with me. I was so angry because she didn't tell me beforehand. I was already in a bad mood but when I opened the door, she gave me a shock and laughed at my reaction. I felt angry at her but after seeing her laughing, made my anger go away. She's really naughty but she keeps her promise and those are one of her sweet gestures that I like most. 

"Oh... do you always play pranks with one another?"

"Yes... and they're telling me what their prank is for Hyoyeon tomorrow since she was so busy the past few days. Haha!"

I admire their friendship because they treat each other really well. Though their ages are different, whenever they're together, it's like all of them are born in the same year. They play jokes, they skateboard, they enjoy being themselves, especially Amber. She's not afraid of anything. I wish I was brave like her. I wish I would have the courage to show who I really am. I'm trying, starting today, I'll show what I really feel. Here it goes.

"Hey Am, a-about what happened to us... about what I said... I'm... I'm sorry..." She stopped walking and looked at me.

"Krystal... it's okay... like what I've said... I shouldn't have let myself cross the line... I wasn't thinking... I didn't think about what you'd feel... and what others might think.. and it's normal for you to react that way... so it's okay."

"But I think I was so rude to you... that I ended up hurting you... I know I should've just talked to you... I'm really sorry."

"I'll admit... It was really painful when you started ignoring and avoiding me... I didn't know what I did... I only realized when Min talked to me about it... and she's right...you're right... it's... too much..." No Amber... it wasn't too much.. I was just stupid...

"Uhm... were you... mad at me?"

"No... of course not..." she said with a smile. "And I really meant it when I said that I still want us to be friends... Let's remove the awkwardness between us, okay?" What she said made me feel so relieved. It's good to know that she's not mad.

"Okay..." I smiled shyly back at her. I wanted to hug her, but she's not showing signs that she wants to... instead, she stretched her hand forward for a handshake.

"Friends, Princess Krystal?" I hesitated at first before taking her hand. Our palms touched and her warmth flowed through mine. I smiled at our hands and looked at her.

"Friends, Stupid Amber." I wanted to hold her hand longer but I felt her grip loosen so I didn't have any choice but to let go. We walked back towards the dorm while having small chitchats. I'm so happy, I'm already on the first step. I hope I could make it to the second.

 

Amber's POV

Just holding her hand for a while made me so happy. I'm really glad that she insisted to talk to me again. At least, I know what to do now. She agreed to be friends with me again so it means we shouldn't feel awkward with each other. I could be around her again without worrying if she feels uncomfortable or not. And about my feelings for her, is it really time to let her go?

"So, here we are." I said as we reached the front of her house.

"Yeah... uhm... I hope you could watch the second episode of my drama tomorrow night." 

"Ah... I'll try.."

"Okay... good night Amber."

"Good night." I waited for her to get in the house. When she closed the door, I smiled. Friends, friends is better.

 

Author's note: Hmm... I hope this chapter wasn't disappointing... what can you say dear readers? Could you comment your thoughts please? Thank you <3 Sorry if it's short, too. I'll write a better one next time :)