Your Story

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun walked in school, his right hand touched the wall and all the locker has found his way to his classroom. He suddenly felt how someone grabbed his shirt from behind, pulling him back as Baekhyun open his mouth to say something, when a hand covered it.

 

Baekhyun dropped his books he held in his left hand as he stumbled back, feeling how the panic grabbed him. He can't see anything, he can't hear any voices, or he can hear someone breathe as Baekhyun got pulled further back until his back met a warm body.

 

Baekhyun tried to grab the hand for his mouth, not wanting to be a part of a stupid prank, nor get into trouble either. He suddenly felt the other hand grab his shirt, trying to pull it open, and Baekhyun were stuck in the person's grip. Baekhyun panicked more by now, screaming in to the hand for help as he tried to pull himself out from the grip, struggling against the other still unknown person.

 

Baekhyun felt scared, he can't see the person nor hear the person's voice, he can't do anything. Baekhyun panicked, he really did, until he came up with something he could do. He open his mouth, literally biting the persons hand hard as a loud and painful shout was heard from behind him as Baekhyun took the chance to call for help.

 

 

Someone! Help! H-”

 

 

Baekhyun felt the hand cover his mouth again, someone swore behind him as Baekhyun tried to kick the persons leg, hitting him hard as he swore more and Baekhyun literally did everything he could to get out from the grip.

 

 

Yah! Baekhyun! Where are you?! Baek?!”

 

 

Baekhyun called for Kai, screaming into the person's hand as he wanted to try to bite it again, but he failed. Baekhyun's shouts were muffled, but he's pretty sure that Kai heard him anyway.

 

 

Baekhyun?! Yah! Whoever is keeping him, let him go or I will kill you!”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how the person's grip lighten and then Baekhyun flew forward, landing hard on the floor as he whined out loud. Fast footsteps was heard shortly there after, and then he felt how someone grabbed him again.

 

 

Baek, are you alright?! What happened?!”
“I-I think someone... someone tried to... Someone tried to...”

 

 

Baekhyun couldn't let the words out, he didn't want to admit it, he didn't want to say it out loud. But Kai sounded confused as he helped Baekhyun up from the floor, being fast to pick his books up for him.

 

 

Who was that? Baek, what is going on?”
“I-I don't know, I was just walking towards the classroom again, when someone grabbed me and then tried to pull my shirt off.”
“I can see that, here, hold out your hands. And let me fix your shirt.”

 

 

Baekhyun did as Kai said, feeling worried, who wants to... him? The thought made Baekhyun shiver, but it was sadly enough true. But he can at least say that the person were a boy, and he must have been pretty tall and strong, because Baekhyun could barely move in his grip. But who would want to do such a thing to Baekhyun? There isn't many gays in their school, and the few Baekhyun knows about is more feminine and not tall and strong. There might be someone who's secretly gay and took advantage of Baekhyun's blind eyes.

 

 

There, now you look like before. Lets go, before someone comes back.”
“Hey Kai... You didn't see someone run down the corridor, did you?”
“No, sorry. I think whoever who wanted to hurt you got away. Lets not leave you alone here for now and on.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as he followed Kai towards the classroom again, wondering who the hell that person was. Baekhyun wish he could see now again.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun walked towards the exit of the school, Kai running to his dance class, Sehun running for his part time job, and Kyungsoo to his cooking class. Baekbeom is running late, he called Baekhyun and told him that he was going to run late, but that he could be there 15 minutes late. Wow, everyone is running today, aren't they?

 

Baekhyun sighed as he suddenly felt someone's presence behind him and before he could react to it, a hand landed on his head and startled him as he was about to scream when he heard the familiar and kind voice.

 

 

Hello Baekhyun-ah! How are you doing little man?”
“C-Chanyeol...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how his heartbeat slowed down after he got totally scared and pumped up. Chanyeol was silence for a while, he probably stared at Baekhyun's pale face and how stupid he looked, until he open his mouth again.

 

 

Sorry if I scared you little man, I thought you heard me walk behind you.”
“No, it's okay. I'm just a little... scared from earlier today.”
“Uh? Something happened?”
“Mm... Someone.... tried to... me.”
“What?! Where?! Who?! Are you okay?!”
“I'm fine, but it was thanks to Kai who looked for me. If he hadn't notice me being gone... Well, you know.”
“Hey... Are you really okay? You look terrified?”
“I-I do? Haha, sorry.”
“Hey, Baekhyun, were are your friends right now? Shouldn't they be watching over you or something?”
“They all had to go and Baekbeom, my brother who was going to be here and pick me up, is running late. I think he's running even more late by now.”
“Then do you want to go out and grab a cup of tea?”
“I don't know, I just want to go home and lie in bed, since there is nothing else I can do anymore...”

 

 

Baekhyun mostly talked to himself in the end, but he bet that Chanyeol looked as worried at him as his friends. It wouldn't be weird. But none of them knows how it is to be blind and he bets that Chanyeol knows even less than his friends does right now.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun's pale face, the depressed glimpse in his eyes and the way he stared out at the thin air, he looked like no one understood him and it made Chanyeol's heart break a little. Those eyes, he has seen them before and his mind pictured up his sister's face right away.

 

 

You're so... silly...”

 

 

Chanyeol mumbled, he felt depressed as well by now while he thought about his sister. But when he glanced down at Baekhyun his mind changed. He felt how he grabbed Baekhyun's hand, how he tighten his grip a little before he begun to walk.

 

 

Let's go and grab a cup of tea or coffee, I want to tell you something I think you would like to hear about it.”
“A story about what? W-Wait, please, I-I'm scared.”
“Don't worry, I won't hurt you, I wasn't the person who tried something on you. You can trust me, because... Because I know how it is to be blind or almost how to be blind.”
“Y-You don't know a thing-”
“Don't say that, not until you have heard my story.”
“W-Wait! What about my hyung?!”
“Call him, tell him that a friend is taking you out.”
“C-Chanyeol please, can't we go home to my place then. Please.”
“Fine, we can do that, where do you live? Or do you want to wait for your hyung to come?”
“Let's wait for my hyung to come right here.”
“As you want, here is a bench, sit down, so you won't get tired.”
“Thanks...”

 

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to sit down as he sat down beside the boy, he knows that Baekhyun was kind of nervous right now. He probably think Chanyeol might be the one who tried to him earlier, but it isn't like that. Chanyeol has been caught up with Suho the whole day, he studied and tried to learn more about their subjects.

 

 

You know, you're a really weird person. Suddenly wanting to talk with me.”
“I think you're pretty and kind, and you just seem to be such a wonderful person. Your friends love you a lot, they were really depressed while you were gone, I could tell since I came around that time and they looked so... depressed.”
“It was because... because of what happened to me and about that day.”
“Do you mind... if I ask what happened?”
“Let's not talk about it here, it's something I... rather not let other people in this school get to know about it.”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded understanding as he saw a car pull over and a guy jumped out from it fast and walked fast over to Chanyeol and Baekhyun while he smiled kind. Chanyeol can tell right away that this young man is Baekhyun's older brother, their faces looks pretty similar, just like Yura's and Chanyeol's faces did.

 

 

Hello Baekhyun, I'm here now. And hi, you are?”
“Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you. You must be Baekbeom.”
“Yes I am, thanks for watching over my little brother-”
“He's coming with us, he kind of asked me if we could hangout and I decided to wait for you to come.”
“Okay, it's fine. Then lets get going, I have to get back to work.”

 

 

Chanyeol let Baekhyun grab his hyungs hand and walk towards the car and Chanyeol followed them as they got in to the car. The car ride was almost awkward silent, only Baekbeom talked and tried to not make Chanyeol and Baekhyun feel all awkward and stupid. But it didn't help, Chanyeol felt a little stupid to be honest.

 

Baekbeom, Baekhyun's hyung, parked the car beside a pretty big house, which made Chanyeol stare at it for a while before he got out with Baekhyun. Baekhyun walked on his own over to the house, he probably feels familiar with the area as he walked up to the door and got in. Chanyeol followed a little awkward as Baekbeom sneaked in after him.

 

The house is amazing, it looks old but classic, very beautiful and to be honest it gave you a cozy feeling. Baekhyun got his jacket and shoes off as Chanyeol and then Chanyeol let Baekhyun grab his hand and for ones he led the way.

 

 

This way, before mom and dad will come and start questioning you.”
“Okie dokie, your choice cap.”

 

 

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun who walked passed the living room, a room with two couches, a big TV, some bookshelves, some candles, statues and a small living room's table between the TV and the couches. Then they walked by the kitchen that was on the right, a big and white kitchen with a lot of space, it looks to belong to a real master chef to be honest. And then they walked up for some stairs, with the walls filled with photos and small cute paintings.

 

Chanyeol smiled at the photos, he saw Baekhyun on some of them and some was probably on Baekbeom. Chanyeol got dragged to the right after they stepped up for the stairs and down for a corridor. They passed some doors until the end of the corridor where Baekhyun open a door and dragged Chanyeol in and then closed the door again.

 

The room was Baekhyun's room, a pretty big room to be honest. There is a keyboard standing behind a window, the bed stood in a corner, a desk stood under the other window with a lot of papers on it, but they are all blank with a pencil lying beside them. There are two bookshelves in here, only filled with books and then a door that is probably a closet.

 

 

So... Here is where I live and well, hide.”
“It's nice, mind if I look around a little more?”
“No I don't mind.”

 

 

Baekhyun walked over and sat down on his bed as Chanyeol walked slowly around and looked at the things as he stopped by the desk and saw the blank papers. He then saw one paper with something black on it that lied somewhere under the other blank papers. Chanyeol took it out as he stared at the beautiful drawing of a bird and then he looked out through the window and understood where the inspiration came from.

 

 

What beautiful birds that lives here, you must have liked the view a lot.”
“I did, trust me.”
“So, mind if I ask you something I asked before?”
“Just ask.”
“What happened to you? What happened to your e
yes?”

 

 

Chanyeol walked over to the bed and sat down beside Baekhyun who sighed a little, he looked depressed but he seemed to be able to talk about it at least.

 

 

It was a normal day, mom text me to hurry home, so I did. I took a shortcut through an alley to come home a little earlier and then I saw those two men outside the alley argue around a truck. When I walked away from them, I just heard a sound and I was surrounded by a thick mist, that I now know was gas. My eyes took damage to it, I remember blood that streamed out from them and I fainted. My eyes didn't get the chance to recover from the gas, so I became blind. And that is my story I guess.”
“I feel sorry for you, it is actually a little tough to be blind, I know that. But your life isn't over, you still have so much you can do.”
“How do you know things like those? Have you been blind or something? That's impossible.”
“It's because my sister was blind, though she was born blind. But think at least like this, you got the chance to see things, what color the sun, the water, the trees, the flowers, almost what everything had. But she didn't.”
“Y-You have a sister who's blind?”
“Was. She ended up in an accident as well... and passed away.”

 

 

Chanyeol tried to keep his voice steady, he doesn't want to let himself get depressed right now. Chanyeol saw the look Baekhyun got on his face, the worried and pretty hurt expression.

 

 

I-I'm so sorry, I-I didn't know-”
“It's okay, I understand you a lot. You see, people just say that they understand you to support you. They want to cheer you up, but they don't really know how it is to be blind. I can never understand how it is either, but I can almost understand it. I can at least understand it a little better than normal people. But I'm not saying that I'm a better person than others, I rather actually keep that fact to myself.”
“Tell me... Did she ever... find happiness in her life?”
“Oh yes, everyday! That is what surprised me the most to be honest. She was always smiling and... that is my motto, it's from now and on anyway. No matter how hard the situation is, I will always smile like an idiot.”
“How could she be so... happy?”
“Because she kept say that there is no point to be depressed, instead it's better to find the good things in life. When I saw you... I thought about her, about her life. You reminds me a little of her situation, because there was a short period where she got depressed, like you. She closed herself in, she tried to pretend she didn't exist and that was when I thought she had lost it. That she had lost her hope. But she came back, I don't know why or how, but she cheered up and she kept nag on me. She kept ask me when I was going to let her meet my girlfriend or boyfriend, but I never got one, so it's a little shame I guess.”
“You don't make me feel much better right now...”
“Hey, why are you so down? Did you die 19 years old and lost your life? No, you're strong Baek, stronger than others. I don't get it why you're so depressed. Sure loosing your sight maybe isn't that fun, but what else keeps you down?”
“I... I just want to be able to do things I liked to do before...”
“What did you do before? Tell me. Tell me more about yourself. I would love to hear you out.”
“Why? Am I that interesting to you?”
“Yeah, because I like you. I told you that I know a little how it is to be blind. And I... I want to help you, I just... think I like you a lot. So please, don't be shy, tell me your story.”
“B-But I have already told you my story. I ended up in an accident and-”
“No, not that story. Your real story. The story about you, the real you. Not about an accident that happened to you, without who you are.”
“You mean who I was.”
“Okay, who was you before the accident?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who begun to played with his own fingers. His head hung low as Chanyeol waited for the boy to open his mouth again. The silence took over for a long time before Baekhyun finally dared to speak up again.

 

 

I used to paint a lot... And I loved to be home alone to just sit and play piano, sing and... to be creative you know... I used to love hapkido, even though I at it and I don't remember anything from it. A-And...”
“And what? Tell me, don't be shy, I won't laugh at you.”
“I... really liked to... check other guys out...”

 

 

Chanyeol swear he felt the urge to chuckle as he just waited for Baekhyun to hit him. But the boy just stared a little down at the floor until Chanyeol understood that he probably didn't know what else to say.

 

 

Then why don't you play piano and sing like you used to? Draw is a little harder though, but I know something else you can do. Oh and I know a lot of other stuff you might find funny. Don't worry, there is still a chance for you to go back to who you was. Sometimes you just need to... change some things.”
“You think it's possible for someone like me to be who I was before?”

 

 

Baekhyun turned his head towards Chanyeol's direction, Chanyeol could tell that Baekhyun had begun to find a little hope, even though it wasn't much. But a little can sometimes be enough to fire up that sparkle.

 

 

I know you can, because I have seen someone who has fought her way through life with a smile on her face to the last breath.”

 

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun who looked to think a little, like he consider to believe in what Chanyeol said or if he should just ignore all this and pretend they never had this talk.

 

 

But the only way for you to go back to who you were, is to start believe and try.”
“Do I really have that power...?”
“If you don't have all that power, let me lend you some. If you need some hope, I will lend you some. If you need my help, you know where to look. Just say the word and I will try my best to help you.”
“I still don't get it... Why?”
“Why? Why what?”
“Why do you... want to help someone like me? We have just met, I barely know you. I barely have had the chance to get to know you and you have barely got the chance to get to know me. Still... You want to... help me?”
“Baekhyun, I just don't want to help you, I want to make you smile again.”
“But... just tell me... Answer me... Why?”
“I told you before, didn't I? I know a little how it feels to be blind, even though I never truly have been that myself. But I know a lot about that pain and suffer, and I know a lot how to make those go away. And... I told you before... I like you Baekhyun, you're not like everyone else.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, even though he knew that Baekhyun couldn't see him. Still, Chanyeol felt a hope inside him, a hope that one day Baekhyun would be able to sense Chanyeol's smile, to sense others smiles and happiness. And that the boy himself would feel happiness.

 


Ayo guys! How are you? ^.^

So I know I haven't updated any of my other fictions for a long time and I'm sorry for that *bows* But a lot of things has been taking up my time lately, until two days ago when I officially went to take a long holiday break. So now I got some time to finally update. *grins*

Anyway, I just want to say thank you all for supporting me! It means a lot to me! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! ^.^

Well, I will try to update as soon as I can again! Until then, take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3