Back To School

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Here he is again, standing somewhere in his room, getting dressed for school as he sighed. He's back to his normal life, or that is what his mother says. She says that everything will be fine, but she has no idea what Baekhyun feels, what he truly feels.

 

 

Hey sweetie, how's it going? Come here, let me help you with your tie.”

 

 

Baekhyun let his mother come in and take over his tying of the tie, as he just stood there. She smiled at him, he could feel her smile at him, and it would be pretty weird if she didn't. Baekhyun felt how his mother his cheek gentle when she were done, but he couldn't see her face nor anything else.

 

 

Sweetie, why do you look so down? Cheer up a little, please.”
“When will Kyungsoo be here to pick me up?”
“He should be here very soon. Come here now, I got your bag, lets get down and let you eat something before you go.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt his mother grab his hand, pulling him with her as she warned him for the stairs, like always. Baekhyun walked careful down to the kitchen, where he could hear Baekbeom sit and talk to his father. Yes, Baekbeom is still here, he's working from here, until he knows for sure that Baekhyun is going to be okay.

 

 

Good morning boys, does the food taste good?”
“As always umma.”
“It's delicious honey.”
“Good morning dongsaeng, wanna eat something with us?”
“I must...”

 

 

Baekhyun almost mumbled his respond to Baekbeom as he sat down, letting his mother serve him. Baekhyun ate under silence, like usual. He doesn't find it very useful to talk to people he can't even see, or to be more exact, he doesn't want to talk to someone without knowing how they look at him.

 

Baekhyun ate up his breakfast, getting up and walked out from the kitchen, finding his way to the bathroom and closed the door. He has begun to find his way through the house without being able to see, which is a little relief to be honest. But he's still not that happy about it.

 

He brushed his teeth as he heard the doorbell ring through the house, Kyungsoo is here. Baekhyun stood inside the bathroom for a while, wondering how Kyungsoo will react to him. Baekhyun hasn't seen, or no, he hasn't met Kyungsoo since the accident day, and he's pretty sure that Kyungsoo knows that Baekhyun is depressed.

 

If Baekhyun don't remember wrong, Kyungsoo came by two weeks after Baekhyun came home from the hospital, but Baekhyun were in his special school that day, and his mother had talked with him. He bet she told Kyungsoo about everything, even about how depressed Baekhyun has become.

 

Baekhyun stepped out from the bathroom when he felt he were done and couldn't hide in there for much longer. He heard how Baekbeom talked with a happy sounding Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo's voice died out as fast Baekhyun walked over to them, with his mother behind him.

 

 

Hi Kyungsoo, long time no seen.”
“Baekie! Gosh there you are! I have missed you so much!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt Kyungsoo hug him tight, like expected to be honest, but he wasn't sure how Kyungsoo looked like. Kyungsoo's voice was though steady, hopefully he didn't feel like crying right now.

 

 

Here is your bag sweetie, now you boys be careful out there.”
“I promise, I won't let anyone hurt Baekhyun nor let anything happen!”
“Thanks Kyungsoo, then we see you boys later today.”
“We do, see you.”
“Yeah, see you.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt Kyungsoo grabbing his hand as he followed him out from the house, to the cool air. Baekhyun held his bag tight, scared to lose it to be honest. Kyungsoo walked beside Baekhyun under silence, and Baekhyun felt how people passed him and he heard someone whisper something with poor thing behind him.

 

 

Hey Baek... I'm sorry.”
“It's okay, really.”
“No, I'm sorry for that day... I wish... I wish that I had tried to make you stay with us a little longer that day. Maybe you wouldn't have gotten hurt that day if I just had-”
“Don't blame yourself silly, it wasn't your fault. Hey, don't ever think it was your fault, okay? Can you promise me that?”
“Okay... I promise.”
“Thanks Kyungie, you're the best.”
“You know, Sehun has talked about this day for a long time now. He can't wait to see you, and Kai has kept say that he miss you, as a friend.”
“I have missed you guys as well, I just have been busy with... other weird school things.”
“Haha, but now you're back, which is a huge relief to be honest.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun smiled a little, trying to push his depressing thoughts away as much as possible. Right now, he's with his best friend, if he shows his depression to him, he's scared that he will worry his best friend more than he needs.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walked under silence for some few more minutes, Baekhyun listen to the traffic and the people around them during that silence. He kind of noticed pretty fast that he hear almost a little better for every day that pass him by since the accident. It's not weird, he doesn't use his eyes anymore, so his other senses becomes a little better.

 

Kyungsoo begun to tell Baekhyun what had happened in school lately, before they would arrive to the school. As fast they arrived to the school, Baekhyun heard many familiar voices, and he's pretty sure that people are whispering about him.

 

 

Isn't that Baekhyun?”
“What is he doing here again?”
“I thought he got kicked out from school.”
“What's wrong with his eyes?”
“Guys, I think he's blind.”
“Wait, was it him who was in the accident?”

 

 

Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun's hand a little tighter, pulling Baekhyun with him a little faster, not wanting Baekhyun to hear what the others says about him. Baekhyun didn't care though, he just wished they all could had whispered a little more quiet than loud and obvious.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

What's up with everyone today? They all seem totally taken back.”
“It's not weird, they all got slapped over the cheek by the truth.”
“They what?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked confused at Suho who sighed and took a deep breathe, not wanting to look annoyed, but he did anyway.

 

 

I meant that they all had spread rumors around our school about a student had been suspended from school, but in fact this guy was in an accident and yeah, when he showed up again, people realized that things wasn't like they thought.”
“Urgh, I hate rumors, I hate people who spread rumors, I hate it when people judge others too. I usually doesn't use the word hate, but today it was needed.”
“I heard and noticed that, but hey, do we have homework for today?”
“Yeah, did you forget that?”
“I did... I need to go to the library and study! See you later!”

 

 

Suho almost flew up from his chair, running out from the classroom and down the corridor, heading for the library, as he got Chanyeol to laugh. It's already passed lunch time, and today Chanyeol and Suho stayed in the classroom due to their teacher who recommended to sit and study extra on their homework, since she thought last time she gave out homework, no one seemed to do it.

 

 

Did you hear? The student, he's-”
“Sch, don't say that out loud idiot! What if Suho hears you?”
“He's not here, he just left.”
“Really? You're just lucky, he might had come back you know.”
“Hey guys, I think he's lost.”
“Oh, there he is. Poor guy, now he can't even find his way in school.”
“He must be depressed, not being able to see.”

 

 

Chanyeol froze by the words he heard, did someone just say that he couldn't see? Chanyeol got up fast, sneaking over to the small group of students peeking their heads out to the corridor, staring at a boy who seemed to try to find his way, but with his hands.

 

 

Not to mention that he got bullied earlier today, now he's lost.”
“Ha, not weird, he can't even see right now.”
“What are you guys doing?”

 

 

Chanyeol asked with an annoyed look, they all turned around fast and stared at the annoyed looking Chanyeol. There is just two things Chanyeol hates the most in this world, 1. people who judge and spread rumors, 2. people who's talking sad and bad about people they don't know behind the persons back.

 

 

W-We didn't do anything-”
“Move. Now.”

 

 

Chanyeol didn't have to say much more, the students run over to their seats, probably getting scared of Chanyeol. Chanyeol usually doesn't try to look annoyed nor pissed off, because then he looks scary. He usually wants to smile and be kind, but when he gets annoyed enough, he will use his scary looking face and height.

 

Chanyeol stared at the students who was reading their books like fools, trying to pretend that he didn't just scold them, but he did. Chanyeol sighed quiet as he looked out to the corridor, seeing something he got even more mad over.

 

 

Hey little kid, how you doing?”
“Are you lost?”
“Ha! Where is Kyungsoo now huh?!”

 

 

Like Chanyeol wasn't pissed enough already. Chanyeol walked fast and annoyed out from the classroom, walking over towards a small group of people. He gave the small gang with boys his death glance, literally getting way to mad this time.

 

 

Yah! What are you jerks doing?! Do you want to die or something?!”
“! It's the scary guy!”
“Run for it!”
“Come back here and I will beat your asses up! Do you hear me?! Don't pick on others!”

 

 

Chanyeol roared after the running boys, feeling how he wanted to run after them, he hates bullies. It was bullies who destroyed Yura's life, it was bullies who forced Chanyeol and Yura to live in a hell, even thought Yura had it tough already.

 

Chanyeol glanced down at the boy now, the boy that some of his classmates said was blind, but he don't know if that is true. He watched the boy stumbled back until his back met the wall, he looked scared. Chanyeol sighed, this was not supposed to happen. Chanyeol walked a little closer, suddenly seeing something. The boy's eyes... He's... blind.

 

 

D-Don't hit me, please...”
“I won't hit you, I just wanted to scare those jerks away. Are you okay? Sorry for scaring you, I'm actually not that scary in normal case.”
“T-Thanks, f-for chasing them away...”
“Uhm, what's your name?”
“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”
“Nice to meet you Baekhyun, I'm Chanyeol. Do you mind if I help you back to your classroom?”
“No... I don't mind.”

 

 

Chanyeol carefully grabbed Baekhyun's hand, the boy's soft and cozy hand. Chanyeol watched Baekhyun look surprised, he must have reacted to Chanyeol's hand's size.

 

 

This way, lets walk straight forward, okay?”
“Okay.”

 

 

Chanyeol helped the boy walk, giving people who stared at Baekhyun almost annoyed a death glance, tired of seeing people stare at him like this. People looked away when Chanyeol passed them with Baekhyun, scared to let their eyes meet Chanyeol's.

 

 

Which classroom is your classroom?”
“9B.”
“Then it is right here.”
“Baekhyun! There you are! I lost you in the- Chanyeol?!”
“Oh hi Kyungsoo, do you know Baekhyun?”
“Well yeah! He's my best friend! Gosh, I'm so sorry Baekie! Thank you Chanyeol for-”
“Take it easy Kyungsoo, he was doing pretty fine back there, he almost found his way back to his own classroom all himself. He would had find his way back if it wasn't for some bullies, that probably won't pick on you for a while. Good job.”

 

 

Baekhyun looked to be shocked, both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo could tell that. Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's hands, finding Kyungsoo's hand instead as he smiled out in to the thin air, but it was for Chanyeol.

 

 

Thank you, for helping me back here. And for saving me from the bullies. You're really kind.”
“Chanyeol isn't like everyone else, he actually had a sister who-”

 

 

The bell rang loud as Chanyeol sighed, he need to get back. He smiled kind at Kyungsoo and then put his hand on Baekhyun's head, mostly to show him that he were leaving.

 

 

 

See you around little man, take it easy now, okay? You too Kyungsoo.”

 

 

Baekhyun seemed to blush as Chanyeol turned around and begun to walk towards his classroom, and he could hear Kyungsoo lead Baekhyun back in to the classroom. But what made Chanyeol smile was that Baekhyun looked so happy. He just got blind, but he did look happy. But Chanyeol knows, that Baekhyun is depressed, he could tell that by the way he looked before he knew Chanyeol was there.

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun laid in his bed, exhausted after today. Though, his mind didn't let him rest, not yet. All that kept come to his mind was that voice, that deep voice. And that pretty big hand.

 

 

Baekhyun! I'm coming in now!”
“It's fine mom!”
“I just wanted to say goodnight, see you tomorrow morning sweetie. Oh and tomorrow Baekbeom will accompany you to school, since Kyungsoo has to take his little brother to kindergarten.”
“Okay, then I will go to sleep now. Night umma.”
“Night sweetie, see you tomorrow.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt his mother's soft and his head light, leaving a kiss on his forehead before she left the room and probably turned off the lights. But that doesn't matter anymore, the light doesn't matter anymore. Everything is dark for him anyway.

 

Baekhyun sighed for himself as he closed his eyes tired, not making any bigger different for his sight, but it felt somewhat good to close his eyes. Baekhyun slowly begun to think about that guy again, his deep voice that still somewhat echoes in Baekhyun's head. He was really nice...

 

 

Stupid bullies...”

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he slowly fell asleep, feeling how he drifted away to his dreamworld, where he were safe from reality.

 

 

***

 

 

It's a miracle that the bullies doesn't pick on you anymore.”
“Mm, I guess.”
“It's thanks to Chanyeol.”
“Hey Baek, do you want some more tea?”

 

 

Baekhyun shook his head, holding a teacup in his hands as he lift it up to his mouth and carefully kept drink the tea he still got. They're at Kyungsoo's house, talking about the latest week and what had happened. Kai got accepted in to an advanced dance class, so he will be busy in the future. Kyungsoo got accepted in to a cooking class he always wanted to go to, and Sehun has just managed to get a part-time job at a bubble tea shop.

 

 

Are you going to be okay without us for so long Baek?”
“Of course we will see you in school and when we have time, but in between that-”
“Don't take me like an amateur guys, I have already went through more than you think.”

 

 

The others sat silent for a while as Baekhyun cracked a bright smile, not wanting to worry them more than he has already done.

 

 

Don't worry, I will be fine. I bet that you all look like depressed bastards, so cheer up. I'm going to be fine, I have been alone before, it's not like you leave me forever.”
“You're right, haha.”

 

 

The others tried to crack some jokes and try to forget about what they talked about earlier, but Baekhyun knows they are worried about him. But he didn't try to cheer them up anymore, they won't start cheer up until he has. And that will take some damn long time...

 


Ayo guys what's up? Well I'm updating some of my fics anyway, and one of them is this one ^.^

So I was kind of just wondering, who is reading mah fic? Who likes it? I have been wondering that quite long now, like what do you really think about this fic? Like I said. I'm just wondering ^.^

Anyway, I just wanna say that I appreciate all your suport! Thank you so much! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! ^.^

Until later, I see you guys around next time I update! Take care until then! ^.^

Peace and love to you all <3