The Future

Blinded By Your Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“So, you and Chanyeol have been sleeping over awfully often lately. It's good to see that you are getting back to how you used to be Baekhyun-ah.”
“Yeah, I think so too... I mean, we get along really well and all.”
“Just don't forget about your other friends, both Kai and Kyungsoo have been worried about you for such a long time. Make sure to pay them some attention too.”
“Of course I'm hanging out with them! It's just that we don't hangout here. Don't worry mom, I won't forget about them. They're always with me in school and we still go out to cafes to talk whenever they have the time. Though, both of them are awfully busy at the moment.”
“I know honey, but it can't be helped. Would you like some more tea to drink?”
“Yes thank you.”

 

He lets his mother gently pour up some more tea in the cup he's still holding and smiles when he hears her stop pouring. Today is one of those rare days when Chanyeol is actually busy with family business and both Kai and Kyungsoo are busy with either work or dancing. Though, his mother saw this as a moment when she can have him to herself for a while. His father and Baekbeom are in the garage at the moment to fix the car that broke down the other day which leaves him alone with his mother.

 

“How is school going for you? I haven't heard any complains from your teachers, though you are studying differently from the others. Is it going well?”
“It was hard to get used to study in different methods, but it's going pretty well now.”
“It's not much longer for you now, only one more year after the summer... Why are you growing up so fast?”
“I'm sorry, I can't stop the time I'm afraid. Things would have been different if I could have done that...”

 

He feels how he falls silent while hugging the cup with his hands. He squeezes it slightly and lets his hands get warmed up from the tea's warmth. He closes his eyes for a couple of seconds and just enjoy the silence. It takes a while before his mother finally decides to open again.

 

“So... After high school... what... are you planning to do?”
“I don't really know to be honest. I don't know if there is anything I can actually do with those cursed eyes...”
“I know it feels hopeless, but there are still plenty of things you can do. You can still play the piano, your talent haven't disappeared and you could probably work with helping people with similar problems you had in the past. Talking about your problems is important and a good way to get rid of the depression. Wouldn't that be nice?”
“Mm... Maybe... Though... I'm not sure if that is what I want to do...”
“I thought maybe it's time to talk a little about the future, after all it's not much time left before you're through high school. Do you know what Kai and Kyungsoo will be doing after they're done with high school?”
“I'm pretty sure Kyungsoo will enter a college where he can learn how to cook even better and Kai will probably become a dance teacher the first two years. Though, they might have other plans. I haven't asked them to be honest.”
“And what about Chanyeol? What is he planning to do? Is he going to stay or move again?”
“I... I don't know... I-I haven't asked him yet...”
“I see... Well, I heard that his parents wants to move to Seoul when he finishes high school. It would open up more opportunities for Chanyeol to study wherever he wants. He has good grades and he's a smart kid, but he's also very talented. I bet that he can become anything if he just puts his mind and heart to it. The future is really bright for that boy...”

 

His mother slowly falls silent, like she's daydreaming. For some reason, he gets a feeling that she's slightly depressed. He thinks he understands why she's having this talk with him: this is probably what she had hoped would happen to him. She would have wanted him to have a bright future where he could do whatever he wants, to become whatever he wants and live however he wishes. Though, that opportunity was taken from him the day he got into that accident that cursed his eyes.

 

“I'm sorry Baekhyun... Sometimes it feels like I'm the reason to why you're like this...”
“It was an accident, so please forget about it. I don't blame anyone except that damn company. It's not like I'm dead, right? I'm still alive and there are still plenty of things I can do. I may be blind, but it doesn't stop me from living my life.”
“I'm sorry... I... I have some things to do. When you're done, you can just leave the cup on the table. I will go out for a while...”

 

Like he thought, his mother is depressed. He can hear a strange tone in her voice, like her voice is on the edge to begin to crack and she's probably crying. It takes only a couple of seconds before he's left alone in the room. He takes his time to just sit there and listen to the silence. He sips on his tea from time to time, but eventually it's too cold for him and he doesn't feel like drinking anymore. He pushes the cup away before he slowly stands up and lets out a small sigh. What now?

 

“Hey Baekhyun-ah... Did you and mom... talk about something special?”
“B-Baekbeom, don't startle me like that.”
“Sorry, it's just that she suddenly came out and wanted to talk with dad.”
“I see... Well... She was asking me what I wanted to do after high school and then she begun to talk about Kyungsoo, Kai and Chanyeol and how bright their futures are. I... I think she realized that I can never have the same opportunities as them. She said that she sometimes blames herself for what happened to my eyes, but I told her that I don't blame anyone. She is probably a little depressed about the fact that I will have to live like this for the rest my life. I will always need help and I won't be able to work like others...”
“There must be something you can do. Don't worry, we will find something.”
“Yeah... Maybe... Hopefully... Anyway, I will be in my room.”
“Hey... Uhm... About... About you and Chanyeol... When are you... going to tell them?”

 

The sudden question from Baekbeom makes him stop and for a second he feels a strange anxiousness within him. He's not ready to tell them yet, especially not now when his mother is already depressed about him not having a bright future. Now is not a good time...

 

“When the time is right... Which is not right now.”
“I understand how you feel and all, but if you keep it as a secret for too long, then-”
“It will backfire, I know. I... I want to talk with Chanyeol about it first...”
“Okay... Hey, school is tomorrow, right?”
“Yeah... I will go to bed early. I will see you later.”
“Isn't Chanyeol coming by today? Have you two fought or something?”
“No, we're alright, it's just that he had some things to do at home. There is a rather big chance that I will sleep over at his place tomorrow.”
“Okay, I will tell mom that if you don't show up by 6 pm or have called me to say that you're coming home, then you're staying at Chanyeol's place.”
“Thank you hyung.”

 

After have thanked his big brother, he turns to walk to his room while being deep in thought. He carefully makes his way upstairs and enters his room before he slowly closes the door. When he hears how it get closed behind him, he lets out a small sigh and leans back against it. He has been fully busy with thinking about him and Chanyeol, about how good they have it right now and how wonderful it is to be able to be in a relationship with him. Though, the problem is: what will happen to them after high school? It's something he has never thought about before and it didn't occur to him that things will change the moment they finish high school.

He slowly makes his way to his bed and then drops his body down onto it. He buries himself in his pillows and the blanket where he can feel a weak scent from someone precious to him: it's Chanyeol's sweet scent. Honestly, he misses him slightly even though he saw him earlier this morning. They are together a lot nowadays, but he gets a feeling that when their midterms are coming up, they will have to be by themselves a little more. Wait... Will that happen when Chanyeol decides to go to college?

Great, now he can't stop feeling anxious about the damn future. He still have more than a year left before he needs to worry about his future, but his mother's words are echoing in his head. Chanyeol has great potential and like she said, he can probably become anything he wants. He's smart, talented and a wonderful person. He has never had a hard time with befriending people, to study and he has many talents. He's good at sports (except for dancing), but he's also really talented when it comes to music. He could probably become a singer or an actor since he's also good looking (according to everyone who has seen him).

The longer he thinks about those things, the more anxious he begins to feel. He thought that finally he has begun to feel calmer about his life and his depression was nearly gone: until now. There are so many problems and so many things that will become problems in the future. He needs to figure out what he wants to do and what he can do, he needs to hear what Chanyeol thinks about his future and what will happen to them. But he will also have to find a way to tell his parents about his and Chanyeol's relationship...

 

***

 

“Wow, you are awfully quiet today Baekhyun-ah. Has something happened?”
“Please don't tell me that you and Chanyeol are fighting behind our backs.”
“N-No, it's nothing like that. Hey guys... I know this might be a little early, but... What are you two planning to do after high school?”

 

Both Kai and Kyungsoo fall silent the moments he asks them his question: what are they planning to do when they're done here? He thought he knew already what they planned to do, but they might have changed their minds.

 

“Well... I thought it was obvious. I'm going to apply for a cooking school and study for three years, after that I will work as a chef. Though, I admit that for a moment I wanted to go to an acting school.”
“I'm planning to become a dancer and eventually a dance teacher. It's my thing and I feel the most comfortable with dancing to be honest.”
“I see... I thought you would do something like that to be honest.”
“Have you... thought of what you want to do?”
“Me...? Well... Not really... Honestly, I don't think there is much I can do in my case...”

 

They both fall silent again, almost like they're too scared to open their mouths. He lets them be silent for a while and thinks a little about what they said. Now when he thinks about it, it has always been obvious what Kyungsoo and Kai were going to do after they finish high school, but Chanyeol on the other hand has never been obvious with what he wants to do.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, there are still plenty of things you can do. Don't give up just yet, okay?”
“Yeah, there is always something you can do!”
“Mm... I know... I was just thinking what could have been my future if I wasn't like this...”
“A-Anyway, are you going to see Chanyeol today? If not, I can manage to get some free time and grab a coffee.”
“I would like that, but I already know that you have work right after school.”
“Then what about me? I can skip one dance practice for once and-”
“Guys, I'm alright. I'm not depressed, I was just trying to think of something I have wanted to do and might be able to do now. You don't have to be so worried. Mondays are busy days for you, so I don't get angry when you cancel plans. Let's grab a coffee tomorrow, like we always do.”
“Okay... Are you sure that... you're alright?”
“Of course! I'm sorry, I spaced out and worried you guys. Either way, can one of you help me out with something before the class begins?”

 

***

 

“... And he was like: why must you always laugh out loud like that? Can't you at least try to act a little normal around me? I laughed more when he said that and in the end he only got even more pissed. Haha, you should have heard how funny he sounded when he tried to growl angrily at me! He sounded like a small puppy trying to bark!”
“I see... It sounds like fun...”
“Hey Baekhyun-ah... Are you... alright?”
“Mm... It sounds like fun...”
“Baekhyun-ah? Yah? Earth to Baekhyun, are you there? Hello?”

 

He snaps back to the reality when he feels how Chanyeol stops him and suddenly kisses his forehead. He looks up towards Chanyeol's face should be and gives him a confused expression. What is he doing in the middle of the street? What if someone would see them?

 

“W-What are you doing? Aren't we on our way home? Do you need to do something?”
“No, it's just that, I was talking to you and you didn't even react to what I said. Or you did react, but you didn't seem to hear what I said.”
“Oh... I'm sorry, I was just spacing out a little bit. You know, I get lost in my own thoughts from time to time without knowing it. I didn't mean to stop listening to you.”
“Did something happen in school today? You have been awfully quiet the whole time since I picked you up. It's not normal for you to be silent.”

 

Chanyeol's slightly bigger hand gently grabs his own and then slowly pulls him with him as he begins to walk. They both continue to walk down the street, holding hands like it's totally normal and not strange at all. What would people think when they see them holding hands? He doesn't know why he's suddenly so conscious about Chanyeol holding his hand or why he's worried to let them be openly in love in public: has he always been this scared to let people find out that he's not straight?

 

“Seriously Baek, you're too quiet. What is wrong? Don't tell me someone has been picking on you lately. I swear, if that is the case, I will-”
“Calm down, it's nothing like that. I have just been lost in thoughts the whole day, that's all. Nothing special happened, I just have a lot to think about at the moment.”
“Would you like to share some of your thoughts with me? After all, I'm not a mind-reader.”
“What? You're not a mind-reader? I can't believe you can't hear my thoughts!”

 

He can hear how Chanyeol chuckles and even squeezes his hand gently to a reaction to what he said. They keep walking down the street, holding hands and talking about the most casual things you can think of. It's then, out of nowhere, that he suddenly realizes that he has forgotten to ask Chanyeol something really serious: what is he going to do after high school? What if he says that he wants to move to a big city and study there? Or what if he wants to become something like a singer or an actor? He's so talented while he himself can't do any of that since... Since his eyes...

 

“Look, you're falling silent again. We were in the middle of a conversation here.”
“I'm sorry... It's just that... I have been thinking... about a thing...”
“What is it? If something has happened, you can talk to me about it. Look, we're almost home now. We will talk later, okay? Whatever it is, we can have a long and good conversation about it. For now, let's get something to eat. Would you like a sandwich or some street food? I will treat you.”
“Chanyeol... You're not... scared of what I have to say, right? You're suddenly acting strange and it's not like you to-”
“Oh come on, don't be like that. Let's just eat something and have a good time. Why must everything be so serious and depressing? Let's have some fun, to forget about school and our problems. I think it's good to just forget about everything boring and-”
“Okay, I get it. You're nervous because of my sudden seriousness. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you like that. It's not that serious Chanyeol and it's nothing bad, I promise.”
“N-Not? So... I'm not in trouble?”
“Haha, no you're not! Why would you be in trouble? Wait, what have you done behind my back? Chanyeol, are you... cheating on me?”
“No, I'm not! I'm innocent! I haven't done anything! It's just that... You haven't been this serious around me before, you looked like you were ready to kick my as serious you were. I thought, for a moment, that I was in trouble for something I didn't know about.”
“Well, I'm not angry at you nor dead serious. I just have a lot to think about, that's all. Come on, let's go home and hangout like we always do. I feel like cuddling and just sleeping today.”
“Alright, I'm coming. There is no point in rushing home, right? Besides, I will lead the way for safety reasons.”
“What, I can't lead the way? That's so mean of you.”

 

He uses the most sarcastic voice he can manage and even pouts slightly. Chanyeol laughs, ruffles his hair before he takes the lead. For now he will forget about everything serious about the future and everything that comes with it. For now, he just wants to enjoy Chanyeol's company and relax. Like he said, he's in cuddling and sleeping mood today...

 

***

 

“Come on, we have to at least eat something. We can't sleep here all afternoon, evening and night without eating something.”
“But I like it here... You're not allowed to leave... Stay here...”

 

Chanyeol chuckles and gently plays with his hair. They both have been falling asleep from time to time since they're only lying in bed all afternoon. Right now, they don't have too much to study and even if they have homework, it's nothing of importance. Though, like Chanyeol said, they should probably get up and eat something. But he doesn't want to leave the bed and he doesn't want Chanyeol to leave either. He likes cuddling with him like this and just fall asleep from time to time.

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Baekhyun-ah~ Come on, let's go and eat something. We need food~”
“Why are you singing...? You sound cute... I like your voice...”
“Thank you my lovely little puppy. But even puppies need food, so come on now.”
“I'm too tired... I just want to stay here... with you... Don't go...”
“Can't I go and fetch some food and come back? I will be gone for only some few minutes.”
“But... I... I want to talk about something first. I want to talk with you.”
“We are talking right now, aren't we? And we can talk while eating too-”
“No, I want to talk right now... Wait, I'm going to get up first.”

 

He has to struggle rather a lot to get up of Chanyeol's chest and to sit down on his lap: to be honest, this is favorite spot. To sit on Chanyeol's lap while talking to him is the best because then he gets a feeling that they're talking face to face while staring at each other. He may not be able to see, but the feeling of “seeing” the person he's talking to feels stronger and better when he does this. He gently sits down on Chanyeol's lap before he grabs the giants hands to make sure that he has his full attention. Honestly, he thinks that Chanyeol is a little nervous by now, but they're going to talk about something slightly serious and nothing bad. Hopefully nothing bad...

 

“So, I have been thinking a lot lately which you might have noticed earlier today. It's... It's something my mother said to me that I didn't think about until now.”
“If it is something bad, please just tell me right away and don't hide it behind pretty words.”
“Chanyeol, it's nothing bad. It's just that... She... She was wondering what you're going to do after you finish high school. She was wondering what Kyungsoo and Kai will do as well and then she asked what I wanted to do. I already know that Kyungsoo want to become a chef and Kai will become a dancer and later a dance teacher. But... I have no idea what you are thinking or planning to do. I thought I knew you better than this, but... I couldn't figure out what you were going to do...”
“Oh... It was something like that... Yah, don't make me worried like that. For a moment, I thought something really bad had happened. Even though you told me it was nothing bad...”
“So, I'm going to ask properly: what are you planning to do after high school? It's not much time left before we graduate and I bet you have already a plan and all. I would like to hear your thoughts and dreams.”
“My thoughts and dreams...? Well... I... Didn't have anything special in mind to be honest. It's something really simple, but I like it.”
“W-What is it? Don't be mean and just tell me already. I-I have been waiting all day to ask you about it. Are you... going to move?”
“Yes, I'm going to move. I'm going to move out of here and leave my parents.”
“T-Then... Are you... planning to go to college or university?”
“Yes, I do. I want to go to Seoul and study there. Of course it will be expensive, but I want to be there and live a good life.”
“I see... I thought you had something big in mind... You said it was simple, but-”
“Of course I'm not going alone. You're coming with me, right?”
“M-Me? W-Wait, a-are you serious? I mean... W-Would you really... take me with you? I mean, I'm a huge burden to you! I'm always in need of help and if we move, it will take weeks for me to find my way around my new home and I can't work yet till I find out what to do with those cursed eyes. I-I can't help out at home either and-”
“I know Baekhyun-ah, I have already figured that out. But I don't see any reason to why I shouldn't bring you with me. I already take care of you here, don't I? Besides, we can figure out your future together. I can work and handle the chores at home. I can take you out and I get a feeling that both Kyungsoo and Kai are trying to move to Seoul too. Everything will be fine and it will get solved. Of course it's still at least a whole year left before we can move away from here and if our relationship isn't going to work, then we will find out about it within the year. But if we get closer and if we still feel the same way we do now, then I know we will last for years. I know how naïve I sound, but I honestly believe we can last for years.”
“L-Love is foolish... I'm not saying that I don't love you, but... It can easily turn around so easily. What if we... stop loving each other? I-I don't like the thought of it-”
“Then don't stop loving me. As long you don't stop loving me, then I won't stop loving you. As long we try, our relationship is going to work. Being in a relationship means to look out for each other, to love each other endlessly without holding back. A healthy relationship means to both give and take, but only to love and not to hate. I get a feeling if we just try, everything will work out just fine.”
“I... I want to believe that... I don't... want us to end... I mean... Without you, I... I wouldn't be here like this... It's so hard to describe what I'm feeling and what you have done to me. What you truly mean to me...”

 

He feels how he squeezes both of Chanyeol's hands and closes his eyes. He doesn't want this to end... He doesn't want his good life to disappear from him again... He doesn't want to feel lost and crushed ever again... He just wants this... Please, just let him have this love... Chanyeol suddenly lets go of his hands and wraps his arms around him. He pulls him into a warm embrace and he can feel his warm breath against his neck. The soft yet warm breath his skin is tickling him so gently, it makes him shiver while hugging the giant back. He buries his face against his chest and feels how it moves softly.

 

“You mean so much to me too... I love you... I don't want this to end... Next time I see your parents, let's talk to them. Next time we're at your house and they're home, let's talk to them. They need to know Baekhyun-ah, else it will be hard to explain later. If we don't tell them the truth now, it will be much harder to tell them later when things have developed even more.”
“I'm scared... What if they... stop us from seeing each other? I can't be without you...”
“They won't because there is not a single chance that Baekbeom would like to see you depressed and hurt again. He would convince them to let me see you, to see you smile and be happy again. Of course I will do my best to explain everything and I will promise them that I'm dead serious about having you to myself.”
“C-Chanyeol... D-Don't say embarrassing things like that... You already know that you're all mine and no one else can have you...”
“And you're mine to keep. No one can take you, not even a crazy scientist.”

 

A chuckle escapes his mouth as he hugs Chanyeol a little tighter. They sit there on he bed for a little longer, only cuddling and talking from time to time. None of them wants to move anymore, not even Chanyeol who was being pushy about leaving the bed earlier. Now they are too busy with cuddling again that they forget about the importance of food and decide to lie down on the bed to cuddle some more. They talk about the future that they want to build, about plans that might never come true or silly scenarios where they try to cook food together in the kitchen or when they're going out for shopping in the big city.

He's busy with imagining a perfect future with his loved one that he doesn't notice how Chanyeol has sneaked closer to him. Eventually he feels how Chanyeol's soft lips kisses his neck and a strong shiver runs down his spine. They braid their fingers together while they lean back on the bed to get into a more relaxing position. They talk, kiss and hold hands. They're busy with being with each other and focusing on the other one that they don't notice the time passing by. Since both of Chanyeol's parents aren't home and won't be home until later, they will have plenty of lone time together.

 

“Baekhyun-ah... I love you... Please stay over the night... I don't want to sleep alone...”
“Mm... I don't have the power to go home anyway... I would rather stay here, with my handsome prince charming.”

 

He hears how Chanyeol chuckles before he kisses him and pulls him closer. He allows the giant to sneak his hands in under his shirt and feels how he his skin gently. The kiss gets deeper and he feels how Chanyeol gets on top of him. The first time they were this close, he was nervous and even a little scared to screw up. Now he only feel love and pleasure to be close to the person he loves. He doesn't want their perfect life to end, he just wants to be loved like this forever and ever. He wants this to last forever and ever till the end of time. Please let this love last forever...

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

Sorry for the long break from updating, a lot of things have been going on and I didn't have any inspiration to write until now. But here is the chapter! ^.^

Anyway, I want to thank you all for reading and subscribing to my fiction! I love you guys so much and your support means everything to me! If you like what you read, upvote or share it with a friend!

Thank you for your support! I promise to try to update soon again! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3