My Boyfriend Is Troubled?

Blinded By Your Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

You did what?!”

 

Baekhyun struggles to not blush like a fool while Kyungsoo literally squeals out of happiness. It doesn't take very long before Kyungsoo hugs Baekhyun tightly and start babbling about this and that, but what he's saying is impossible to hear. Kyungsoo is so excited to hear that Baekhyun and Chanyeol finally confessed to each other that he has a hard time talking.

 

Kyungie, calm down! I can't hear a word of what you're saying!”
“I'm sorry! I'm just too happy to speak!”

 

Baekhyun laughs as he hugs Kyungsoo. Honestly he isn't sure what his and Chanyeol's relationship is right now, but at least he knows that Chanyeol likes him. It is something, right? Okay, who is he trying to fool? He's overjoyed that Chanyeol likes him! Come on, his one sided love has finally ended!

 

I'm so happy for you! I told you that you should have confessed a long time ago!”
“But what if he didn't like me until now?!”
“I don't care, you're both stupid idiots anyway!”
“Haha, shut up!”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo laugh and talk for a while inside of Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun's mother and his hyung Baekbeom must be thinking they're crazy, but at the same time he thinks they're happy to hear Baekhyun shout like this. It was a long time ago since Baekhyun and Kyungsoo fooled around, he doesn't even remember the last time he actually enjoyed fooling around with Kyungsoo.

 

So, what now? Are you two... dating?”
“I... I honestly don't know.”
“What do you mean with that? You have to know!”
“I-It's more complicated than that! I mean, he did confess his feelings and kissed me-”
“HE KISSED YOU?!”
“Shut up you idiot! I don't want the whole world to find out about it!”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly grabs Baekhyun's shoulders and Baekhyun can literally picture his big O like eyes in front of him. He must be shocked, after all Baekhyun just told him that Chanyeol had kissed him. He didn't plan to tell Kyungsoo about it just yet, but it accidentally slipped out of his mouth.

 

Omo, you're so dating! There is no chance that he's not considering you his boyfriend!”
“Who are you two talking about?”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shut up the moment a deep voice is echoing through the room. Baekhyun lets out a small chuckle as he turns his head towards the door opening where the voice came from.

 

Chanyeol! Welcome back! How did the trip to the store go?”
“It went just fine. So, who were you talking about?”
“Well... We were speaking of the devil.”
“Kyungie!”
“What, it's just an expression! Geez, it's not like I would call him the devil. I'm more of a devil than that derp.”

 

Chanyeol lets out a slightly annoyed sigh while Kyungsoo quickly hugs Baekhyun and gets up of the bed. Wait, where is he going? He has only been here for an hour! He's not leaving now, is he? There are still things Baekhyun wants to talk about!

 

Sorry to disappoint you once again Baekie, but I have to go. At least I could spend an hour with you, but I have work to do and-”
“It's alright, you don't have to explain. Thank you for coming by, even though you're busy.”
“I will see you in school tomorrow.”
“See ya!”

 

Baekhyun waves towards Kyungsoo before Chanyeol walks over to him and stops him from waving. So Kyungsoo has finally left huh? Baekhyun lets out a slightly disappointed sigh while Chanyeol sits down on the bed besides him.

 

Hey, don't look so down. He said he was sorry, besides I'm here.”
“I know that he has a lot to do and it's not that I don't want to spend time with you, but we used to be so much closer before... Before a lot of things happened.”
“Don't worry Baekhyun, he still considers you his best friend. You shouldn't worry too much about everything and instead just enjoy your life.”
“Chanyeol... Why are you so good at cheering me up?”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he suddenly pulls Baekhyun into a warm embrace. Baekhyun nearly pushed Chanyeol away at first, but then he remembers that Chanyeol has already confessed his feelings towards him. It's still hard to believe that Chanyeol truly likes him, that their feelings are mutual. Baekhyun wraps his arms around Chanyeol's waist and leans his head against his chest with a smile on his lips.

 

So... It's not like I'm trying to snoop around or anything, but... Who were you and Kyungsoo talking about earlier?”

 

Baekhyun nearly burst out in laughter as he listens to Chanyeol's slightly nervous voice. Is he perhaps thinking that Baekhyun is interested in someone else? Is this giant stupid or something? Baekhyun literally told him the other day that he loves him!

 

Chanyeol... Are you trying to joke around?”
“I'm not joking at all, I'm dead serious here.”
“You silly giant, we were talking about you. That's why Kyungsoo said the whole devil thing, because when someone you're talking about appears in the room just like that, you usually say: 'When you're talking about the devil'.
“I see, that's why he called me devil. Honestly, for a moment I was thinking that you...”
“I'm not interested in anyone else if that is what you're thinking about. Don't mistake me for a stupid teenager who thinks love is something simple to find, I'm not like that.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles lightly as he slowly leans back against the wall. Baekhyun switch his position and leans his back against Chanyeol's chest and holds the giants hands in his own hands. They both are silent for a while and are busy with listening to Baekhyun's mother's muffled voice coming from downstairs. It sounds like she's talking with Baekbeom, but Baekhyun isn't sure since both Baekbeom and his father sounds a little alike from afar.

 

Hey... Can I ask you something?”
“Ask me something? Didn't you just do that?”
“Haha, stop it you little puppy. Seriously though, I have something I want to ask.”
“You know what I have told you over and over again. You can tell me and ask me anything, I will listen and answer if I can.”

 

Chanyeol falls silent for a while before he carefully squeezes Baekhyun's hands with his own. Baekhyun begins to wonder if something bad has happened, but then Chanyeol would have been acting a little more strange. What is he thinking about? Why isn't he saying anything?

 

Chanyeol, are you going to ask something or not?”

 

Baekhyun tries to tease Chanyeol slightly in hope to lighten the mood a little, but he's not sure if he made it any better or not. Chanyeol is silent for a little longer, but Baekhyun has no idea what he's thinking or doing. It's times like those he wishes he could see again because then he would be able to see Chanyeol's expressions.

Since Chanyeol doesn't say anything, Baekhyun assumes that he doesn't want to talk anymore and stays silent. He leans back against Chanyeol and lets his fingers carefully play with Chanyeol's hands. He plays with Chanyeol's fingers while he tries to think about other things that doesn't make him feel worried or anxious. After a while Chanyeol clears his throat carefully.

 

Baekhyun... What... are we? I mean, our relationship... What is our relationship?”

 

Baekhyun stops playing with Chanyeol's fingers the very moment Chanyeol asks his question. He can feel how Chanyeol gently squeezes his hands like he's scared that Baekhyun will say they're friends or nothing special. Honestly Baekhyun isn't sure what their relationship is, but he wants it to be more than friends, that much he knows.

 

Honestly, I don't really know. Though, we're not like friends anymore, that's for sure.”
“Then... Are we more than friends?”
“D-Do you want to be more than friends?”
“If you want to be more than friends...”

 

The room falls into an awkward silence while Baekhyun holds Chanyeol's hands in his. He can't help but to blush while listening to his beating heart. Why is he feeling so shy all of the sudden? Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol suddenly wraps his arms around him and snuggles his head into his neck. A shiver runs through Baekhyun's whole body while his face heats up even more. What is wrong with him today?

 

I... I would really like to... I would really like to be your boyfriend, if you would let me.”
“O-Of course I would let you! I-I'm not going to reject you!”
“Really? So, you... Baekhyun, do you want to be more than friends? I mean...”
“I-I do want to be more than friends! I-It's not like I dislike you since I... S-Since I did c-confess too...”

 

Baekhyun can't handle his embarrassment anymore, he just can't. He hides his face behind his hands and lets Chanyeol burst out into laughter. His laughter is sweet and slightly teasing, but it's also heart-warming. Why is his laughter so warm and wonderful? It's almost music to Baekhyun's ears.

 

I'm glad to hear that. Then I will officially call you my boyfriend. Okay?”

 

Baekhyun nods shyly while he removes his hands. The words echoes slightly in his mind and a smile sneaks upon his lips. Chanyeol is his boyfriend now, even though it felt impossible. They're a couple and they're dating! Nothing can get any better, right?

 

Hey... Let me see your cute face, I really love to see you blush.”
“S-Shut up! I'm not blushing!”

 

Chanyeol laughs as he gently wrestles Baekhyun down onto the bed and tickles him. Of course Baekhyun can't help but to burst into laughter and he begs Chanyeol to stop tickling him, but Chanyeol is merciless. Baekhyun dies in laughter and he even sheds a couple of tears before Chanyeol stops and gently embraces him.

 

Did I go too far? Are you breathing? Are you still there?”

 

Baekhyun laughs while he hugs Chanyeol happily. He usually hates to get tickled, but when Chanyeol does it, he doesn't mind it. Of course he still doesn't like to get tickled and he nearly dies in laughter every time, but it's something he enjoys. Isn't it weird how he enjoys it when he usually hates it? Is it like this to be madly in love with someone?

 

Baekhyun-ah... Do you want to sleepover today?”
“You know I can't, mom won't let me out of the house and she said no sleepovers during school days. I'm sorry, but it won't be happening. Though, I would like you to stay.”
“Then let's have a sleepover on Friday. Just you and me that is.”
“Mm, let's do that. Let's watch a movie and cuddle! Oh, I want chocolate and ice cream!”
“It's not even summer! How can you eat so damn much ice cream when it's not even hot outside? You're such a sweet craving monster.”
“I am! I eat everything that is sweet! So you better run Chanyeol or else I will eat you!”

 

Chanyeol laughs at Baekhyun's silly joke, but he liked it. Baekhyun smiles like a fool and is fast to hide his slightly blushing face. He listens to Chanyeol's laughter and smiles into Chanyeol's chest: why does his stomach tickle so much when he hears Chanyeol's laughter? Why does his heart beat faster when he's so close to Chanyeol? He knew that he liked Chanyeol, like a lot, but he had no idea that he had fallen this deeply into the thing called “love”.

 

Chanyeol... I... I love you.”

 

Chanyeol suddenly falls silent for a couple of seconds which makes Baekhyun a little nervous. Was it too early for him to say something like that to him? Was it too sudden? Is Chanyeol surprised or embarrassed? Baekhyun wants to see his expressions so badly, but he can't. He can only listen to the silence until Chanyeol's hand gently his cheek.

 

I love you too Baekhyun-ah. Let's have a great relationship.”
“Mm... I want to see you every single day... I want to hug you whenever I can... I want to say I love you a lot... I want to be loved back as well... I want a healthy relationship...”
“Me too, therefor I will do my best for you. Baekhyun, I will always be here for you.”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily and closes his eyes. He rests his head against Chanyeol's chest while the giant switch their position. Baekhyun rests on top of Chanyeol who gently plays with the shorter man's hair. His fingertips are so gently and soft, Baekhyun nearly falls asleep from his touch. Chanyeol begins to hum weakly and lets Baekhyun enjoy his voice even more. He hums a familiar melody and it doesn't take long before Baekhyun hums along with him.

After a while, Baekhyun stops humming. He's slowly falling asleep while holding Chanyeol tightly in his arms. It's too bad that Chanyeol can't stay for the night, Baekhyun would have liked to cuddled with him a little more. Maybe in the future he will be able to stay over the night, but Baekhyun will have to tell his parents about their relationship first. Though, how would they react to the news?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sneaks into his house and sighs silently. He's late and he knows it, but his mother might not notice him coming home this late. His parents might have gone to bed early today, but he doubts it. He manages to take off his shoes and jacket before his mother appear in the door opening between the living room and the kitchen.

 

Oh my, why are you so late? Don't you know it's already past 11 pm? Don't you have school tomorrow? You young man should learn to come home in time.”
“Sorry mom, I just couldn't bring myself to leave Baekhyun's house earlier than this.”
“So you were with Baekhyun again? How is that boy doing? Is he well?”
“Mm, he's doing quite good. Lately he has been really cheerful and everyone keep telling me that he's back to normal again. It's really good to hear that he's slowly getting back to his normal self.”
“That's wonderful! You have to invite him over for dinner soon again! I will make a delicious stew for you!”
“Actually... This Friday, I think he will be coming over. We haven't decided yet, but we're going to have a sleepover. If we're here or not isn't decided yet.”
“That's wonderful! But Chanyeol, you haven't forgotten what day it is on Friday?”
“Friday...? What's so special-? Omo, I almost forgot!”
“Geez, at least remember the important days. There are only a couple of few days each year you have to remember, it's only like five dates you have to remember. Are you sure that you and Baekhyun should sleep over at Friday?”
“I-I will think about it. Anyways, what's for dinner?”
“We ate chicken. There are some left if you're hungry. Didn't you eat at Baekhyun's house?”
“He fell asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake him up when his family ate. So I decided to eat when I came back home.”

 

Chanyeol's mother sighs while shaking her head. Chanyeol smiles sheepishly before he sneaks over to the kitchen to eat. That's right, he had totally forgotten what day it is on Friday. Should he really sleepover with Baekhyun at that day? Maybe he should tell Baekhyun that he's not feeling well and not go to school either? He usually does that on this day that is coming up.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

So... Mom... Dad... Baekbeom... T-There is something I would like to tell you.”

 

Baekhyun can literally hear how his whole family stop moving and how they turn their heads towards him. Baekhyun struggles to not chuckle nervously while he keeps his head low. Honestly, he feels really uncomfortable right now. Even if it is his own family, not knowing their expressions makes him nervous.

 

What is it sweetheart? Has something happened?”
“N-Not really, there is just something I would like to tell you.”
“Is it... about you and Chanyeol? Have you two... fought?”
“No, we haven't argued or fought. Uhm... Well...”

 

The words Baekhyun wants to say are stuck in his throat, but he wants his family to know the truth about him and Chanyeol. On the other hand, how does he know that they won't stop him from seeing Chanyeol? He won't be able to see their reactions either, so he can only guess how they truly reacted to it.

 

What is it Baekhyun? Is something wrong after all?”
“T-This Friday I will sleepover with Chanyeol, probably at his place. So, maybe you guys should go out and do something fun together? Lately we haven't been able to do normal family activities, mostly because of me. But if you go without me, then you can do whatever you want to do! I will be with Chanyeol, so you don't have to worry about me.”
“Baekhyun, a family activity includes all the family members. You should come along with us too if you suggest such a thing.”
“You're our son and that won't change. There are still lots of things we can do together.”
“But I want you to do something you want to do without having to think about me! Please, take this opportunity to do something fun! I feel like I'm dragging you down, especially now when I'm home mostly of the time. I want you to stop thinking about me for a while and do something you usually do. Why don't you go and watch a movie? There are many good ones running right now, so you should watch one!”
“Are you sure that is what you wanted to say? It sounds like you're making up an excuse.”
“Yah! I'm trying to make you guys do something fun! If you're really worrying about me, then go out to have fun! It will make me feel better as well.”

 

Baekhyun listens to the table that has fallen silent. His brother isn't saying anything, he's only chewing. His parents are (probably) staring worryingly at him while wondering if he's really alright or not. He is fine and he does think that they should go out and do something fun without him for once. They don't need to drag him along whenever they want to do something together.

 

Fine then, we will go out and watch a movie. Are you sure that you don't want to come along with us? We can eat some food and do something else if you would like.”
“No, I'm good. I will be with Chanyeol and the others might come by as well. I want you to go out and enjoy a normal evening, like you used to do.”
“Don't say it like that, it will make it even harder to go out without you.”

 

Baekhyun only smiles before he finishes eating his food. Honestly, this was NOT what he intended to say. But it all turned out well, didn't it? It can't hurt if his family go out and leave him behind for once. Actually, it might be really good for all of them. Baekhyun will be with Chanyeol anyway and his family might need a normal evening for once.

 

***

 

Chanyeol! Let's go! I'm starving already! I want chocolate and I want to borrow a book as well! I want to hear you read and I want to give you a massage!”

 

Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol's arm happily, but something is wrong. Why is Chanyeol so quite today? Usually he would pat Baekhyun on the head and ask him to calm down, but he doesn't even seem to hear Baekhyun. Is everything alright? Did Baekhyun say something funny? Is Chanyeol... troubled?

 

Chanyeol? Are you listening? Hello? Earth to Chanyeol, do you hear me? CHANYEOL!”

 

Baekhyun stops dead and is fast to slap Chanyeol on the arm. The giant suddenly jolts to the sudden slap and is probably staring confused at Baekhyun. Like Baekhyun thought, Chanyeol wasn't listening. Something must be wrong, why else would he be acting like this?

 

W-What are you doing? I didn't say anything rude, did I?”
“Yah, are you alright? You have been spacing out for a while now and you didn't even react to me calling you. Has something happened?”
“W-Well... Baek... I don't think we should sleep over tonight.”
“W-Why not? Have I done something to upset you? Are you sure that you will be okay on your own? I don't know what is wrong, but it seems to be really troubling you.”

 

Chanyeol is silent for a long time and leaves Baekhyun to his own thoughts. If Chanyeol is this silent and suddenly doesn't want to sleepover... Then something must be troubling him and it has to be something big since he's acting like this.

 

I'm sorry Baekhyun, but... Today... I... I had forgotten something important and I won't even be home until later tonight. I... I will see you another day, okay? Come on, let's get you home. Please do not worry about me and take it easy.”

 

Baekhyun wants to protest so badly, but he can't. The weird tune in Chanyeol's voice stops him from saying anything. Chanyeol silently grabs Baekhyun's hand before he leads him out of the school building to get Baekhyun home. The whole way home is silent and rather unpleasant since Baekhyun knows something is wrong, but he doesn't find the courage to ask Chanyeol what it is.

It doesn't take long before Baekhyun is finally back home and Chanyeol is fast to help him inside. Chanyeol seems to be in a hurry, but he doesn't say anything. What is wrong with him? Maybe Baekhyun should ask him to come and see him later tonight? Though... Would Chanyeol really come if he did ask?

 

Can you make it on your own for a while? It looks like your family is out-”
“Chanyeol... C-Can you come by later tonight? Please, I... I don't want to be alone.”
“A-Alone...? What do you mean? The others will be home, right?”
“Well, we did say that we were going to have a sleepover today and I told them. They decided to go and visit my grandparents and Baekbeom is out, saying something about a date. They didn't plan to leave me alone, but since I said we were going to have a sleep-”
“I get it, I will come by later. I'm sorry, I didn't think they would leave and-”
“It's my fault, I didn't ask you if it really was alright. But... Are you okay? Is there anything I can help you with? Do you... want to talk about it?”
“I... I have to go Baek, I promised to not be late. I will come by later, even if it is late. I will call Kyungsoo or Kai to make sure that you're not alone for too long-”
“I can find my way around the house, so don't worry. There is food I can eat as well, so you don't have to worry. Just promise me that you come by later.”
“I promise Baekhyun, I will see you later. Bye.”

 

Baekhyun smiles and waves silently, but on the inside he's worrying himself to death. Why is Chanyeol sounding so strange? As fast Chanyeol has left, Baekhyun lets out an anxious sigh: will Chanyeol really be alright on his own? What is so special today that makes him act like that and cancel a sleepover? Baekhyun really hopes he's alright and nothing serious has happened.

 

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup? ^.^

I'm so sorry for not updating this fiction or the other fictions for a while. I was focusing on updating one of my fictions during Christmas and before that, but now I'm back to update like I normally do! ^.^

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and that you will keep supporting me! I love you guys a lot and I hope you will keep reading! If you like what you read, leave an upvote or share the story with a friend! By the way, feel free to leave a comment as well! ^.^

Peace and love to you! <3