Lost Happiness

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on the hospital bed, listening to the sounds around him. His mother were talking to him, or no, she were reading a book for him, he knows that since it was one of his favorite old books from one of his bookshelves back at home. His brother were probably working, because he heard constantly tapping on computer keyboards. And his father, he were... He were probably sleeping since he were so quiet.

 

Except from those sounds, Baekhyun could hear people walk by their room, how he heard other women and men talk around them, but outside the room. Baekhyun were about to fall asleep again, mostly because he were bored and his mother's voice while reading the book were so drowsy.

 

But the door to Baekhyuns room went open before he managed to fall asleep as he almost woke up from his half sleeping. His mother went silent, his father seemed to wake up and made a funny sound and Baekbeoms tapping on the computer stopped totally.

 

 

Good afternoon people, how are you today?”
“Good afternoon doctor, we're doing pretty fine in here.”
“I see our little patient is already awake.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little, feeling a little confused by the word “already”. Didn't the doctor say it were afternoon? Then why would it be weird if Baekhyun were awake by now? He don't know, and he doesn't want to know.

 

 

Baekhyun, like you might now you were in an accident for some few days ago. If you didn't know you do it now. As your doctor it's my duty to tell you what has happened to you and why you're here, so I would be happy if you could listen to my voice.”
“I'm already listening to you doctor.”

 

 

Baekhyun made sure to listen carefully, not wanting to miss this important information. He don't know what happened back there, at the street that day, but he would be glad to hear what happened to him.

 

 

You got unconscious for a day and a half, because of the gas you got in to your body. We managed to give you some antidote against the gas for your lungs and blood and mostly for almost all your body parts. But, you see, there were actually a specific body part that took real damage of the gas. And we wasn't sure if this body part were going to heal or not, and I think you know what I'm talking about, don't you?”
“It is about my eyes, right?”
“Yes, it is. You see, your eyes were the first thing that got direct contact with the gas. And the gas wasn't that good for your eyes. You might remember that blood streamed out from your eyes, or do you?”
“I remember that.”
“That was a sign for your body to tell you that your eyes have been dangerous damaged. We tried our best to help your eyes to heal, and we hoped that you wouldn't take to much damage from the gas. But we got the results today.”
“And what is the results doctor?”

 

 

Baekhyun heard his mother's nervous and almost worried voice. Baekhyun had a scary feeling, that what he would hear wouldn't please him. He got scared, scared that things were as bad as it seemed when he saw the mist.

 

 

Well, there is only one way to find out right now. Lets take of the bandage you have in front of your eyes.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt the doctor start to remove the bandage, and he wasn't sure if he should be happy or not. He wasn't sure if the doctor tried to say that Baekhyuns eyes were going to be fine and all, or if it were the opposite. Baekhyun felt the bandage in front of his eyes disappeared, but he were almost to scared to open his eyes.

 

 

At least there is no blood that has streamed out from your eyes since the gas and since we cleaned them. It's a good sign that your eyes won't take more damage, but I can't say for sure that they're healed. You can only open your eyes and find out for yourself if you can see, because the results couldn't tell that either.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt scared, should he just keep is eyes closed and pretend that he didn't hear what the doctor said? Or should he just face the fact and open his eyes and find out for himself if he's still like he should be.

 

Baekhyun felt how he needed some seconds to calm his nerves, to not build up to much hope inside of him as he opened his eyes. He just opened them, not wanting to think to much if he could see something or not, but of course he couldn't help to think about that.

 

Baekhyun saw nothing, and he mean it. Everything were just very weak light, even barely that. Baekhyun felt scared, even worried. What should he do? D-Does this mean that he will be blind for forever? Will he ever be able to see something again? Is he really blind like in really blind?

 

 

It's like I thought... Your eyes took to much damaged. Mr. Byun, I mean Baekhyun. I'm deeply sorry but your eyes, they're-”
“I'm blind... I-I can't... see...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt scared, he felt more than scared, he felt like crying. He can't see anything! What should he do now?! He's blind for god's sake! Baekhyun bit his lower lip, fighting the tears as he just wanted to crouch together on the bed.

 

 

I'm sorry, but yes. You're blind.”
“Wait, isn't there anything you can do for him?”

 

 

Baekhyuns mother tried her best to not sound too desperate, she tried to sound like it was a normal question, which it might is. Baekhyun didn't care though, he already knew the answer.

 

 

There isn't anything I can do right now. His eyes seem too damaged right now, and there might be, just a might that your eyes will heal later, but that is very rare and almost impossible chance. I'm going to tell you the truth son, don't hope to much. I'm deeply sorry, but all I can do is to ask you to take the medicine that I give to your parents, get used to who you are from now and on, and try to live on like before. If you start to feel bad, come back here and I will help you as much as I can, I promise.”

 

 

The doctor got up from the chair and nodded a quick goodbye to Baekhyuns parents and brother before Baekhyun heard the door went close. Baekhyun felt how he couldn't hold it in anymore, how he just crouched together on the bed, hiding his face against his thighs and silently cried in to the blanket.

 

 

Baekhyun? Are you okay?”
“Let him be for a while, this isn't easy for him.”
“Mom, dad, can you two go and buy something to eat for us all please?”
“Y-Yeah, sure. Come here honey, lets get something to cheer Baekhyun up, okay?”
“Okay, we promise to try to not take to long time.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt his mother's hand his head and how she left a quick kiss on his head and then left with his father. Baekhyun just sat on the bed, crying as he felt how his brother sat down beside him and pulled him in to a hug. Baekhyun hugged him, mostly because he just wanted to hide his face from his own brother, but also to find consolation from him.

 

 

Sch, it's going to be okay. I understand you right now B, I really do. I also think this is the worst thing that could happen right now, and it isn't good. It isn't okay right now, but it will be okay. I promise, I will try to help you, I will find someone who can help you.”
“H-Hyung... I'm scared... I-I can't see... What should I do?”
“Just promise me to try to go on with whatever the doctor offers you, and with that I mean he will probably sign you up for some weeks special classes, after all, now when you're blind, you have to learn how to read as a blind, and how to walk and so on.”
“I don't want too... Hyung...”

 

 

Baekhyun just cried, crying against his hyung who patted his back, trying his best to comfort Baekhyun. But to be honest, the only comforting his hyung said to him was that he would find someone who would help him. And Baekhyun wants that, he wants his eyes back. Because without them, he's not even sure if he will be able to have his normal life back.

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeols mother dropped Chanyeol off for school, waving him goodbye before he walked in towards the new school. He's that new student that everyone sees and is talking about. Not weird that they noticed him so well, since he's like 185 cm tall and well, some says he's handsome, not that he really believes it himself.

 

Chanyeol begun to go to his new school for a week ago, and since then he has gotten almost a little used to his new school. It's still weird to go to such a big school, his old school were smaller and not that crowded. Chanyeol though didn't mind, he liked it when it were a little bigger to be honest.

 

Though he feel a little lonely here to be honest. He hasn't been able to make any friends yet, nor managed to talk that much with his new classmates. They all just stare at him, like he's some kind of giant that they can't talk to without drooling over him. Well not everyone drools over him, but they who does stands in the way for everyone else to talk to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol sat down in his classroom, staring out through the window as he sighed tired. His ears is plugged with earphones, his tie is at the moment tied as it should be and isn't hanging that lose, but later the day Chanyeol as a feeling he will loosen it up a little like he always do.

 

 

Uhm hello?”

 

 

Chanyeol saw someone wave a hand in front of his eyes as he heard a weak voice as he hurried to take out his earphones and looked up at a kind smiling guy. He looked nice, like a grandpa does. You know, innocent old men who are kind and all, but a younger version, and not that old at all.

 

 

Hi, you're the new guy, right? Hi, I'm Kim Joonmyun. I have been sick for over a week, so I haven't gotten the chance to meet you. What's your name now again?”
“Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you Joonmyun.”
“You know what, call me Suho like everyone else.”
“Okay, uhm, Suho.”
“Do you mind if I take the seat beside you or...?”
“No, please feel free to sit wherever you want.”
“Thank you so much, you see this is also my old favorite spot, but don't worry, I change seats almost every class.”
“Haha, good to know I guess.”

 

 

Suho smiled kind at Chanyeol as he sat down beside him and took up his books from his bag. Chanyeol felt happy, Suho is kind of the first person who decided to sit down beside him, and talk to him. And he even could call him by his nickname, so it's a good start, right?

 

 

***

 

 

You want to sit down and eat some lunch with me and my friends?”
“Uhm, sure, if you guys wouldn't mind that is.”
“No we don't mind, especially not now when one of our friends are, uhm, gone at the moment.”
“Gone at the moment? Is this person on vacation or something?”
“A pretty bad and hard vacation, but you can say that.”

 

 

Chanyeol walked after Suho as they walked down the corridor. It must look hilarious to see them walk beside each others. Chanyeol is 185 cm tall, and Suho is only 173 cm, which means Chanyeol is 12 cm taller than the boy, and it looks kind of funny to be honest.

 

 

Do you usually sit and eat with someone else Chanyeol?”
“No, not here. Before I always sat with three or two guys, but here I'm kind of alone.”
“Woah, how comes that? That you're alone? I mean, you're pretty tall, handsome and pretty hard to not notice.”
“Haha, I know what you think, but people just avoids me, or stares at me from afar.”
“Wae they do that? I mean, why they do that? It's not like you're some kind of murderer, or are you?”

 

 

Suho looked suspicious at Chanyeol who just laughed at him. Suho smiled kind at him as they walked over to the canteen and Chanyeol let Suho show him the way to the right table with people.

 

They walked over to a table with three other boys sitting, just eating, barely talking. Chanyeol felt shocked, he thought Suhos friends would talk more than sit quiet and just eat. Maybe they have just argued about something? Yeah, maybe they're just trying to come up with something to say?

 

 

Hey guys, how you doing?”
“Oh hello Suho.”
“Who's you're new friend hyung?”
“Oh this? Some random dude I met. No just kidding, this is Chanyeol, my new classmate. He has been here for about a week by now.”
“Oh, nice to meet you Chanyeol, a late welcome to our school. I'm Kyungsoo.”
“Hi, I'm Chanyeol.”
“This is Kai and Sehun, they're my classmates. We usually have a fourth person here except for Suho, but he's... uhm-”
“He were on a vacation, or some kind of weird vacation.”
“Yeah...”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded a little as he took out his lunch and begun to eat. The others sat in silence, listening to the sound of other people eating. Chanyeol felt surprised, why are they so quiet? He don't think they are like this normally, no he has a feeling that they all have the urge to talk.

 

 

So, how long have you guys lived here?”
“For over six years.”
“Since I were born.”
“I moved here when I were 6 years old.”
“And I also have lived here since I were born.”
“And you? When did you move in to our city?”
“For about one and a half week ago.”
“Where there any special reason for you to moving here?”
“Well, I think my mom and dad is just trying to get away from the past.”
“Do you... get mad or think it's rude if we ask what kind of past we're talking about here?”
“Haha, no, I don't mind, but someone else might had gotten mad. My big sister died for two years ago, in an accident. My mom and dad didn't quite get over the trauma, and I'm not sure if I'm over it yet either. But I know she's with me, so I'm starting to not feel to depressed about it.”
“Oh man, we're so sorry to hear that.”
“How old was she?”
“How did she look like?”
“She were 19 years old when she died, so it's a little shame that she died so young. But she were a beautiful woman, she looked though a little to much like me, but more feminine and cute. And she had brown dark hair that was pretty long when she didn't tie it up in a horse tail. She had brown deep eyes and a little chubby cheeks, especially when she did aegyo. Though, she were blind.”
“Wait what?! She were blind?!”
“N-No way!”

 

 

Chanyeol just nodded a little, feeling a little startled. Why did they suddenly get so, uhm, excited? Or no, they were kind of looking more hopefully at him, like he were some kind of miracle in their eyes.

 

 

Y-You're not lying right now, right?”
“Why would I lie about my precious dead sister?”
“True that, but tell us, was she depressed when she found out about it?”
“Oh no, you're thinking she got blind, but she were born blind. Sure, I thought she would sooner or later get depressed about it, but she told me so much about things that she enjoyed, even if she were blind. She got me to understand that just because you're blind, your life isn't over. Not until you let it be over.”
“You're... Perfect.”
“No, I'm not perfect, I'm just being me.”
“No, you don't understand, you really are perfect for something.”
“What is it that I don't understand? Have I missed something out here?”

 

 

Chanyeol asked a little confused, wondering what those boys were talking about. Suho sighed beside Chanyeol and made everyone stare at him as he shook his head a little light.

 

 

Don't drag him in to something like this right away. Let him at least get to know you first. And he might not want to help anyway. I think we shouldn't bother him with this for now. Sorry for letting you get so confused Chanyeol, lets forget about that for a while and just talk about something else. So, where did you live before here now again?”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled as he begun to answer Suhos questions, but he could tell that the others seemed almost a little disappointed. But they were fast to deal with whatever they had a problem with, or at least tried to not think about it and joined Chanyeols and Suhos conversation.

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun, do you want some dinner?”
“No thanks...”
“Sweetie... Please, can you eat a little?”
“I'm not hungry.”
“But you need to eat, just a little.”
“Honey, let him be. If he's not hungry he doesn't need to eat right now. He can eat later.”
“I will make you some yummy food that you can eat later.”
“But I'm not hungry...”

 

 

Baekhyun mumbled as he were laying on his bed, hugging a pillow as he just laid there. He don't know what to do, he doesn't feel to eat, to drink, to even think, but he does. He keeps eating, he keeps drinking, he keeps thinking about that day.

 

His mind is going back to that day every time he gets reminded about his friends. He's worried about them, wondering if they blame themselves for what happened to Baekhyun. Baekhyun though blames himself, no one else. It was is fault that he took that shortcut, that he stopped and stared at the two men arguing. It was all his fault from the beginning.

 

 

Baekhyun, how was your school today?”
“It was okay...”
“When were you allowed to go back to your old school?”
“Whenever I felt for it...”
“Then don't you wanna go back to it soon?”
“Don't know...”

 

 

Baekhyun has lost his hope, his happiness at all. He doesn't want to smile, he doesn't want to go back to school and let people stare at him, bully him for being blind and not be able to draw, to play piano, to do anything like that.

 

 

I will call your principal then, I will see what she says about it.”
“Okay...”

 

 

Baekhyun kept lay in his bed, twist and turned a little then and then, hugging his pillows tight, not wanting to not feel anything. He's scared to be honest, scared to suddenly become deaf, or not to be able to feel anything again. He doesn't want to lose himself like this, he doesn't want to lose his life.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he cried in to the pillow, feeling how he just wanted to do that. He has stopped believe in miracles, he has stopped believe that everyone can life happily ever after. He has stopped to believe that god exist. He has stopped to even believe that he will be able to be happy ever again.

 


Ayo guys! So I'm back with a new chappie, the third to be exact! Wow, I neecd to update this fiction a little more, right? ^.^

So, what do you think this far? What do you think will happen? How will Chanyeol meet Baekhyun? It's a good question, right? ^.^

I just wanna say thank you so much for all your wonderful support this far! Subs, comments and upvots are very well appreciated! But up to you! ^.^

Else I see you soon around again! Until then, take care and have fun! Bye bye~ ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3