Coming Out

Blinded By Your Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Hey Baekie, you have to calm down a little. I know that you're nervous, but you have to remembered that no matter what happens from today and on I won't leave your side.”
“I-I know... I-It's just that... I-I'm really scared...”
“I understand, but please keep in mind that both Kai and Kyungsoo will come and support us if anything happens. Besides, Baekbeom won't let anything bad happen.”

 

He can only nod slightly to an answer while Chanyeol is slowly leading him down the street. Today is the day they both decided to talk to his parents. He admits that he has avoided his parents and even forced Chanyeol to not go near his house for a couple of days, but eventually Chanyeol put his foot down. He knows that he has only tried to runaway from his problems, but Chanyeol won't let him go on like this any longer.

 

“I told you, everything is going to be alright. If something happens, we have several people backing us up. My parents already know about us and they're fine with it – even Baekbeom is okay with this!”
“B-But they're not like my parents! B-Baekbeom would probably have done everything to split us apart if I wasn't blind...”
“Don't say that. Hey, listen to me. I know that you're worried and you have been anxious for days now. I'm doing this for you. I'm not forcing you to do this only to tell the whole world that you're mine and mine only, even though I don't mind doing that. I'm doing this so you can finally relax and be more open with your parents. They're worried about you as much as you're worried about them finding out about us.”
“Y-You're right... I-I just...”

 

A sigh escapes Chanyeol's mouth before he stops him and quickly lets his hands grab his cheeks. He can feel Chanyeol's warm and slightly big hands hold his cheeks gently before a pair of soft lips leaves a quick peck on his lips.

 

“Don't worry too much about it, okay? Everything will be alright in the end, trust me.”
“O-Okay...”

 

Chanyeol pats him on the head before he pulls him with him again. They head down the street and he keeps listening to the sounds around him. Cars are passing them, children are playing in the distance and he can hear chatters around him. Eventually it becomes calmer and it doesn't take long before he realizes that they're probably right outside his home. Just as he was about to ask if they're home yet, Chanyeol stops him and gently squeezes his hand.

 

“We're here... Let's get over with it and just tell them straight out about us.”
“D-Do we really...?”
“Baekhyun, we have already talked about this. There is no point in turning around now.”
“F-Fine... B-But if anything happens...”
“I will take you in and make sure to love you better than anyone else can.”

 

A slight blush spreads on his cheeks as Chanyeol chuckles lightly. After that they both gather their courage and enter the house. The moment they step inside, they hear Baekbeom talk loudly with someone who he can guess is his mother since Baekbeom is using a rather high pitched voice. He only does that when he talks to their mother or when he's extremely nervous.

 

“It looks like everyone is home...”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbles, but he can hear him clearly. He wants to sigh and tell him to forget about their plan, but he knows all too well that Chanyeol won't let him back out at this point. He's stuck and the only way out of this mess is to walk forward.

 

I-I'm home!”
“Ah, Baekhyun-ah! What a great timing you have!”

 

It doesn't take long before Chanyeol has helped him to get his shoes and jacket off. The moment he's ready he forces himself to walk further into the house and listens to his mother's cheerful humming in the kitchen. He can feel Chanyeol following him and how he slowly pushes him forward if he stops to hesitate. They both end up in the kitchen where he can hear Baekbeom mumbling silently and his mother busy with cooking.

 

“Oh, I see that Chanyeol is here again. It's good to see you Chanyeol.”
“It's nice to see you too Mrs. Byun. How are you today?”
“I'm fine, thank you. Baekhyun-ah! Baekbeom just told me something amazing!”
“B-Before we talk about that... M-Mom... We need to talk.”

 

His mother is fast to fall silent and he can only imagine her reaction. He can see her frozen on the spot with confusion showing on her face: why would her son suddenly want to be so serious with her? He feels how Chanyeol gently pats his back to show his support and to encourage him to continue what he wanted to say.

 

“I-Is something wrong sweetie? You're suddenly so-”
“I... I have something I have to tell you all – it's... It's important.”
“Oh... Then I will go and get your father right away.”

 

He can hear his mother hurry out of the room before Chanyeol helps him further into the room and makes him take a seat by the table. He can hear Baekbeom speak lowly with Chanyeol before he turns to his little brother.

 

“It's good that you finally have made up your mind on telling mom and dad.”
“I guess that I would have to tell them sooner or later anyway...”
“That's right, that's why we're doing it today. If we want the future to work out, then we need to tell them about us early.”
“Chanyeol is right Baekhyun-ah. Besides, I think it will make things easier for you. They might be shocked in the beginning, I mean their cute little Baekhyun is actually-”
“I get it! Please don't put more pressure on me!”

 

He cries out loud as the other two chuckles slightly. He feels how Chanyeol walks over to him and massages his shoulders lightly. It feels good and he can't help but to close his eyes for a short while. He's so tense and nervous – what if they won't take him seriously? What if they forbid him seeing Chanyeol? Baekbeom will speak up for them, right...?

 

“Now, everyone is here. So, Baekhyun-ah – you had something you wanted to say?”

 

He feels how the anxiousness washes over him and he nearly loses his voice for a moment. But when he feels Chanyeol squeezing his shoulders and encouraging him silently, he realizes that he can't run away from this secret any longer. It's something really ridiculous, but it's hard to come out to your family and tell them that he's gay and not the cute little angel they all thought he was. He guess that no matter when or where he will tell them about him and Chanyeol, they will still be as heartbroken as they can be. He guess it's just up to him to just hear the truth already...

 

“Mom... Dad... Baekbeom... I... Uhm... T-There is something I haven't told you about...”
“We understood that much. Go ahead and tell us what you need to say, we're all listening.”
“You see... Uhm... I... I have a confession to make... For a while now... I... I have been seeing Chanyeol a lot...”
“We already know that Baekhyun-ah, after all you two are like best friends.”
“Mm... But we're not just best friends... W-What I'm trying to say is... I-I love Chanyeol... I have been in love with him for months now... We... W-We have been going out... b-behind your backs for a couple of weeks now... M-Me and Chanyeol... are a couple and I... I truly wish to be with him. He makes me happy, he treats me well and he truly loves me. I... I don't want to be without him... I-I wanted you to know since I'm planning to stay with Chanyeol for a long time. I'm not planning to let him go and I'm not planning to let anyone get in our way. Chanyeol loves me and I love him – so I hope you all can accept us as we are.”

 

He said it... It finally slipped out of his mouth. He can only feel how his face becomes hotter and how Chanyeol is squeezing his shoulder proudly. The room falls into a heavy silence and for a moment, it felt suffocating. He can't see their reaction, he can't hear anything either and no one is saying anything. He's about to get up and leave the room before things becomes worse, but Chanyeol's firm grip keeps him still on his chair a little longer until Baekbeom speaks up.

 

“I know it's shocking, both of you didn't have a clue about it. But... I have known about this for a while and I have seen them: they're really sweet and just like any other couple. I... I also thought it was weird to hear about our little Baekhyun being together with another man, but... But if it truly makes him happy, then I don't see any reason to why we should be upset. After all, he has never been this happy since the accident. It's all thanks to Chanyeol.”
“We... Don't know what to say...”
“Please don't look at me or Baekhyun in any other way than you did before. We won't treat you any differently, so we only ask you to not treat us any different than usual. What Baekhyun said is true, we both are not planning on letting each other go that easily. I have decided to dedicate my whole future for Baekhyun and to make him happy. This is something we both want and I'm planning to keep him by my side for as long as he's happy with me. Mr and Mrs Byun, I know that you find this rather weird and maybe even a little disgusting, but our love is not different from yours. Please accept us as we are, that is the only thing we will ever ask of you.”
“M-Mom, dad! I truly love Chanyeol! I-If you can't accept us... I... I don't want to be a part of this family... I... I don't want a life without Chanyeol... T-That's why... Please...”
“Baekhyun-ah... Are you sure this is really... what you want?”
“What your mother is trying to say is: Are you sure those feelings you have right now are real and not from your loneliness?”
“I-I'm sure that they're real! This is me! I-I have been interested in boys for a long time now! I-I just didn't know how to tell you about it...”
“And... This is something Chanyeol wants?”
“This is definitely what I want. I promise you to do everything in my power to make Baekhyun happy and to let him live a happy life.”
“Do you realize that what you're saying is that you technically plan to eventually...”
“I'm planning to marry Baekhyun if that is what you want to ask, sir.”
“M-Marry...? My little Baekhyun-ah...? Y-You....?”
“I'm sorry if I appear rude Mrs Byun, but I'm not planning to let anyone else take Baekhyun away from me. Of course I won't hold him back against his will, but if he loves me and wants me, then I'm planning to keep him to myself.”
“I still... I still can't believe that...”

 

His mother is mumbling by now and he's pretty sure that his father is staring down on them both. He doesn't know why, he just gets a feeling that both of his parents are rather upset and shocked from the sudden news. Baekbeom did speak up for them, but even his words didn't seem to reach their ears at the moment.

 

“I would like to have a word with my son alone Chanyeol-”
“I-If it is about me and Chanyeol, then you can say it right here and now. C-Chanyeol is a huge part of my life right now and I'm not planning to cut him out of my life either-”
“I can't allow my own son to marry another man! Are you crazy?!”
“Dad! Don't say such a thing to them! Don't you wish for them to be happy?”
“Are you also going to confess something?! That you also have a hidden male lover?!”
“I don't have a male lover and I don't swing that way! But that doesn't matter as long the feelings are mutual!”
“I refuse! I refuse to have my youngest son to become one of those gay men!”
“Then I'm not your youngest son anymore!”

 

Anger overwhelms him and he doesn't really know what he thought in that moment, all he knew is that he wanted to get out. Chanyeol didn't stop him from leaving this time, instead he followed him in silence and made sure that he wouldn't hurt himself on his way. He can still hear Baekbeom scream at his father and of course his father is screaming back at him, but his mother is dead silent. He doesn't like this feeling... He doesn't like this situation... He... He doesn't like how everything have become like this...

 

“I'm sorry... I had hoped for your parents to have a better reaction...”
“No... It's better to hear what they truly think about me...”
“Baekhyun-”
“Don't apologize. Please, don't do that. If you do, it will feel like I did something wrong. I... I honestly think that loving you isn't wrong... I don't understand why it is so hard for people to accept that not everyone fall in love with the opposite gender... Am I really... that disgusting to them...?”
“I don't think that is what they meant. I think they're just shocked and maybe Baekbeom can talk some sense into them. Come on, let's leave for a while. I will treat you something sweet. Maybe we can go and see Kyungsoo or Kai for a while as well?”
“No... I just... I just want to sleep...”
“Okay, we can do that too. I will just stop by to buy some ice cream for us, okay?”
“Mm... Okay...”

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

So, a lot of things went rather wrong today. Not only did he convince Baekhyun to confess their relationship to his parents, but he also assured him that nothing bad would happen. Look at them now, walking down the street with Baekhyun's head hanging low. It looks like he's about to burst out in tears any second and it doesn't look like he can say or do anything to comfort him this time. Instead he makes sure to buy him something sweet to eat (his favorite chocolate and cherry ice cream) and something simple to eat for dinner when he will get hungry.

It takes a couple of minutes before they arrive to his home and they're lucky that his parents are working over today. It wouldn't be any good if they had seen Baekhyun in his state and asked him what is wrong. They might have indirectly upset Baekhyun more than what he already is. He hurries to help Baekhyun into the house and makes sure to put the ice cream in the freezer before they sneak up to his room.

The moment they enter the room, Baekhyun heads straight to the bed on his own. He doesn't say anything, he doesn't even seem to care that he might trip on something on the floor. He just walks straight forward and lets his body drop down onto the bed. He studies Baekhyun in silence for a while from the door opening. He lets his thoughts travel around in his mind and the longer he stands there, the more guilty he begins to feel. Maybe...? Maybe he was foolish to think that Baekhyun's parents would just accept them like his own parents...?

 

“Chanyeol... Why are you not coming...?”
“Baekhyun... Do you...? Do you think that... I was wrong in pushing you to-?”
“It doesn't matter what I think... What is done is done...”
“So... You do think I was stupid to push you to tell them the truth?”
“I never said that!”
“But you never said that you didn't.”

 

A tired sigh escapes Baekhyun's mouth as he sits up on the bed while his arms are hugging a pillow. He looks rather upset, but he doesn't seem to be angry which he finds weird. Shouldn't he be angry at him? He pushed him to do something that went really wrong even though he didn't intend it to end like this...

 

“I... I don't think what we did was wrong... I think you were right when you said that they needed to hear the truth. They did need to hear it because... Because if we truly plan to live together for a long time like this, then... Then they need to know about us. They need to get their time to accept us.”
“Can't you at least be angry at me? I mean, you should be really upset by now!”
“I am upset, but it's not you who made me upset. You wanted us all to get along – you only want everyone's best. I... I think that is one of your charms to be honest and I really like that about you. I like it that you want to be honest with everyone and not hide anything. That's why I'm not upset with you. You didn't do anything wrong, it was them who rejected us and they didn't want to listen.”

 

He feels how he falls silent and he can only stare at Baekhyun. Since when did he become so... mature? He doesn't know what it is, but he suddenly sees Baekhyun in a new light. He didn't realize it, but Baekhyun is honestly considering to put his family behind him to be with him. He himself had already planned to do anything to be with Baekhyun, but he didn't think Baekhyun would feel this strongly for him. It really makes him feel stupid for believing that he's the only one who has those strong feelings towards the other...

 

“Are you... upset with me?”
“N-No... I'm not... W-Why would I be upset with you? It should be the opposite.”
“It's just that... You're not coming over here...”
“I just... I just thought you wanted some space.”
“Don't be stupid... I want you right here.”

 

Baekhyun is fast to pat the empty spot besides him and he even looks a little sad like a cute puppy. He feels how he can't resist Baekhyun's cuteness and hurries over to him – like an owner calling his dog. He hurries to sit down besides Baekhyun who hugs him and buries his face against his chest.

 

“I don't care if they don't accept us... Of course it hurts, but... If they truly wish for me to be happy... If they truly love me for who I am, then... Then they should be able to accept us...”
“Yeah... You're right... It might take some time though...”
“I don't care... As long they won't try to split us apart, I don't really care...”
“Baekhyun-ah... You're so mature... It's kind of y...”

 

A small chuckle escapes Baekhyun's mouth as he finally looks up at him. He stares into those eyes that sadly enough can't stare back at him. One day... One day he hopes that he might be able to stare back into his eyes, just for a moment... But for now, he's just happy to have Baekhyun right here with him.

 

“I love you Baekhyun-ah... Let's make up with your parents tomorrow or eventually when they have calmed down.”
“Mm... For now I will let them think about what they said... About what we said... Eventually... They will accept us... I just know that they will...”

 

He smile and gives Baekhyun a long and sweet kiss before they cuddle down on the bed. They braid their fingers together, whispers softly into each other's ears and laughs lightly. For now they will just enjoy their time together. This is what they both truly wants and if everything feels just like this after a year, then he's sure that he has found the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. He's sure that eventually they both will realize that there is no one else who fits them better than they do...

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

It's a sleepless night. Or for him it is. He can hear Chanyeol snoring quietly behind him and he can feel his warm arms wrapped around his waist. Honestly, this would have been more than enough for him to fall asleep – if he didn't have so much to think about. His parents. Baekbeom. His relationship with Chanyeol. His future. Their future. The road he walked down on suddenly begins to split up into thousands smaller paths and there are no signs to tell him which well to go. For the second time in his life, he feels lost.

Of course he knows what he truly wants – happiness. Who wouldn't want it? To him, Chanyeol is happiness. But... Losing his family to obtain this happiness... He's not sure if he's ready for that. Of course he wants to believe that someday, even if it takes years, his parents will accept him for who he is. He wants them to accept him and Chanyeol. He wants everyone to be happy together – even if that is just a simple and even a little childish dream.

 

“Baekhyun...? Are you still awake...?”

 

Chanyeol's sudden deep voice startles him slightly, but he calms down when he feels the soft lips gently kiss his neck. A small shiver runs down his spine as he closes his eyes and leans back against his lover.

 

“Did I wake you...?”
“No... I just... I got a feeling that you wouldn't sleep properly...”
“You should sleep... You sound tired...”
“I'm fine... I won't sleep until I know that you're feeling better.”

 

Once again Chanyeol kisses his neck gently and lets his arms squeeze him slightly in the embrace. A smile sneaks upon his lips and all his doubts suddenly disappears. Why is he so nervous and anxious? Why is he worrying so much? What he really wants is right here besides him and he's busy with looking the wrong way.

 

“Hey... Whatever happens from now and on, I won't give up on you so easily.”
“Mm... I know... Thank you... For loving me.”
“That is exactly what I wanted to tell you.”

 

He lets Chanyeol cuddle with him a little longer before he closes his eyes to sleep. There is no idea for him to lie awake and worry about the future – he won't get any answers from it. All he can do is to pick a path to walk down and see where it leads. As long he holds onto Chanyeol's hand tightly, he knows that everything is going to be alright – even if they get lost.

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

So I'm finally back with an update! I know it has been a really long time since I updated and I promise, I am trying my best to keep updating. ^.^

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you will leave a small comment or share it with a friend if you enjoy it. Else, I just want to thank you for your wonderful support! I promise to try to update soon again! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3