Unexpected Turn

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun sat in school, enjoying his best friend's voice, listening with closed eyes and smiling. Kyungsoo has an angelic voice, and Baekhyun admit, he think Kyungsoo is better than him, much better than him. But whenever Baekhyun says that, that Kyungsoo is better than him, his best friend just deny it and tries to convince Baekhyun that he's the better one, which is not what Baekhyun think.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly stopped to sing as Baekhyun looked fast up, staring over at his best friend who were holding his phone in his hands, looking concentrated on it before he seemed to answer a message and then put the phone away and looked over at Baekhyun.

 

 

Hey Baek, me and Kai is going out today again. We wanted to ask, can't you come along with us this time?”
“I don't know Kyungie, I don't... I don't really feel for it.”
“Oh come on, you always keep say that. Please, Sehun is also coming along with us. You know, it isn't a date for me and Kai again, it's just a friendly hangout. Remember when we used to do that before?”
“I get it, you want me to hangout with you guys like we used to do. But seriously Kyungie, I don't have time today.”
“Really? Why? Tell me here and now.”
“Mom and dad wanted me to come home earlier today, look I even got a text from them.”
“I don't need to see it, you wouldn't lie about something like that Baekie. But seriously, when will you be free again?”
“Hopefully tomorrow, so will you guys for yourself today and let me join you tomorrow afternoon instead?”
“Okay, we will. But promise me no more canceling, okay?”
“I promise, nothing can make me cancel our friendly hangout tomorrow afternoon.”

 

 

Kyungsoo smiled big and happy at Baekhyun who smiled kind back. Baekhyun admit it was actually pretty long time since he went out with his friends, just to relax and have fun. But mostly is because they all have been busy a lot, and then Baekhyun got a short period when he just wanted to go home and be creative, draw something, make some music and so on. And he has slowly begun to get out from this period when he just want to be alone, and to be honest, he misses his friends a lot, even thought he see them almost every day.

 

 

So, are you coming with us today Baek?”

 

 

Kai came out from nowhere, almost startling both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo at once. Sehun appeared behind Kai as well as they both smiled kind at the boys, but mostly Baekhyun since the question was to him and not Kyungsoo, but of course Kai paid Kyungsoo some attention as well.

 

 

Uhm actually, I have to go home right away after school. Mom and dad wanted me to come home as fast as possible, so I can't today.”
“Oh, okay then. But you're still coming Kyungsoo, right?”
“Of course, we're still going, Baekhyun especially wanted us to do that for him. And he will join us tomorrow.”
“Great, then we can go out for bubble tea tomorrow afternoon then?”

 

 

Sehun looked excited as Baekhyun laughed and nodded, he don't mind that. Kai and Kyungsoo exchanged some glances before bursting out in laughter and nodded. Sehun smiled happy, but he still looked a little confused, probably wondering why everyone were laughing at him.

 

 

W-What so funny guys?”
“Haha, nothing Sehun, nothing.”
“But seriously, what?”
“It's nothing, we promise you.”

 

 

Baekhyun just smiled kind at Sehun who shrugged his shoulders confused and sat down on his seat. Kai did the same and sat down beside Sehun as Baekhyun returned to Kyungsoo, trying to remember what he was about to ask Kyungsoo earlier, before Kai and Sehun appeared.

 

 

Oh right, what is for rumor I have heard about some kind of gas leak?”
“I don't know either, I just heard that one of the industries around here has been secretly keeping dangerous gas.”
“I know, I heard that as well, but is it true? I mean, where could they hide dangerous gas without special weird gas equipment?”
“Don't know, but it also says that they're trying to sneak the gas out from the city now, but no one really knows if it's true.”
“Huh, it sounds like bull to me.”

 

 

Kai spoke out from nowhere again, poking his in to their conversation once again. Baekhyun just stared at him as he shook his head almost disappointed, like he thought Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were two dumb es.'

 

Kyungsoo eyed Kai who looked up at his boyfriend, seeing the warning glance and understood Kyungsoos warning as he slowly nodded and cleared his throat a little awkward.

 

 

But it might be as true as you two say...”

 

 

He almost said that a little too awkward as Kyungsoo sighed as Baekhyun laughed a little at him before the teacher entered the classroom once again, making Baekhyun and his friends shut up totally. After all, making a teacher pissed of here is dangerous. You might get detention and extra homework, plus cleaning the whole school. It's not fun, they all have been through it, and it's a hell. So respect your teachers kids, just respect them and do as they say.

 

 

***

 

 

Baek, are you sure that you can't come with us today?”
“Sorry Sehun, but mom barely ask me to come home early usually, it must be something important so I gotta go. But I promise, tomorrow we will go to the bubble tea shop and hangout just like before. But you guys have fun without me today, it's just one more day without me.”
“Pinky promise me that you will come with us tomorrow afternoon.”
“I promise, nothing can cancel our plans for tomorrow.”

 

 

Sehun smiled as Kai smiled a little sad, like he wish Baekhyun really could come along. But Baekhyun have to go, and he got reminded by that when his phone vibrated and made him take a look at the message he got.

 

 

I gotta go, mom is waiting at home, wondering what is taking me so long time. See you guys tomorrow then.”
“Don't forget, you're coming with us tomorrow afternoon! You said nothing could cancel it, now keep that promise!”
“I won't forget, I will keep my promise like I always do.”

 

 

Baekhyun laughed a little as he waved goodbye to his friends and begun to walk towards his house, wondering why his mother suddenly wanted him to come home so early. Baekhyun walked in a normal pace, even thought his mother told him to hurry home, even asking him what is taking him so long. Baekhyun just chuckled at the text and kept walk in his normal pace towards his home.

 

But it didn't take long before his mother text him again, this time writing more inpatient and even sounded like she were whining and couldn't wait for him to come home sooner. Baekhyun sighed as he decided to speed up his pace, wondering what is wrong with his usually very calm and lovely mother. She's still lovely though.

 

After some few more minutes, Baekhyun got another text from his inpatient mother as he sighed, noticing that she were slowly sounding like she got stressed by him not showing up. Maybe something has happened? Maybe he should hurry home and check her?

 

Baekhyun walked down the street a little faster by now, trying to hold a pretty high pace. But he knew that it would still take him at least 15 minutes to walk home. But then it him, if he take a shortcut through an alley only some few meters up the street, he will win 5 minutes and he will be home after 10 minutes walk after that.

 

Baekhyun took a quick decision and decided that it was worth it, after all five minutes shorter is pretty much to be honest. So Baekhyun walked down for the street until he found the alley he were looking for and sneaked in. He had to climb over a small fence before he managed to get out from the alley, and out to the street again.

 

Baekhyun though noticed something, there is a weird and unfamiliar truck standing right beside the street. He almost stopped to stare at it before he remembered his mother and took some few more steps. But he didn't have much time to think about his mother again before he heard shouts from behind and turned around and looked over at the scene that was made by a man who were screaming and troubling another man, who seem to be the trucks owner.

 

 

What the hell is that truck for something?! Is it that gas your freaking company is hiding?!”
“Hey calm down, I'm just a delivery man, I got an order to deliver some things and took a break here, is that wrong?!”
“You're little liar, you're one of them, aren't you?! Your scum!”
“Hey calm down, I haven't done anything wrong here! I'm just doing my job!”
“Then let me see what's inside the truck!”
“Never! How do I know that you're not a thief and planing to steal something from me?!”
“Me a thief?! Ha! You're the scum here!”

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he noticed something, he had dropped his keys to his house. He saw them on the street, some meters away from the truck as he sighed. He walked over, picking up his keys as he mentally thanked the two men for starting to argue and fight, because if they hadn't, he would had lost his keys totally.

 

 

Hey, don't open that!”
“See, what is that?!”
“Okay, now I had enough!”

 

 

Baekhyun looked up to find the truck owner push the other man away, closing the door a little quick, not looking like the door were closed at all to begin with, as he rushed over to the driver seat and turned the engines on. Baekhyun just let it be, pretending that he didn't see anything as he hurried to begin to walk again.

 

But things wouldn't end like he thought they would. He thought the other man would give up and go home or go back to whatever he were doing. And he thought he himself would go home, hear his mother out and ask her why she suddenly wanted him to hurry home and get an answer from her. But it wouldn't be like that.

 

Baekhyun walked as he heard a weird sound and then a loud thud right behind him. He automatically jumped and turned around fast to see what were happening, but he didn't have the time to see nor react to what were happening.

 

Screams were heard as Baekhyun got cough in some kind of mist that were thick. He caught right away by it and held his breathe as he looked around to find his way out, but also to see what were happening.

 

 

Get away from the mist! It's dangerous! Everyone, back away from it!”

 

 

Baekhyun felt his eyes suddenly burn in pain as he cough more. He felt how his mind went blank and how his sight got blurry, but the worst feeling were that his eyes were burning of pain. He collapsed on the ground, screaming by the pain from his eyes as he felt how something streamed out from them, and when he looked down at his hand that tried to cover his eyes, he saw something red.

 

Baekhyun cried of the pain until he fainted in the middle of the mist, just remembering someone calling for help and how he thought he saw a shadow run in to him, but he's not sure if that even happened anymore.

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol packed his things as he begun to wonder how his new home would look like, how the new city would be like, and how his new school would be like. He has heard bad news about the town, about a company having illegal dangerous gas gathered in one of the factories, but tried to sneak it out from the city.

 

An accident happen there and the gas leaked out, some people got hurt, but no one was reported dead. Yet. But hopefully the gas didn't affect them to much. And the police calmed the citizens with that the gas wasn't the same dangerous gas the factory had, it was a less dangerous one, but if you're really unlucky, the gas still can hurt you, but not kill you.

 

 

It's sick, right darling?”
“It was an accident, and it was a man's fault, thinking that the truck driver were some kind of smuggler and forced one of the doors open. The truck driver tried to close it, but the man were still going violent so he tried to get the truck away from the man, but it ended bad.”
“But still, the truck driver could had checked the door better.”
“Mom, just let it be. It was an accident, not a planed terrorist attack, right? So stop it and start think positive at things, like you told me.”
“He's right honey, take some deep breathes and think positive. After all, it were your idea to move to this city, not mine.”
“About that, are we there soon? I'm starting to wonder if we live in another country all of the sudden.”
“Haha, no we're still in South Korea. We're there within some minutes.”
“But how many minutes is some minutes?”
“You sound like an inpatient child Chanyeol.”
“It's about 20 minutes, okay?”
“Okay, but please don't lie to me, I really hate to just sit here and do nothing.”
“Why don't you read a book? You love books, right?”
“But all my books are packed down, I forgot to take one with me in the car.”
“Then stop complain and play some games on your phone.”
“My phone is dead, I have already used up all my battery.”
“Huh, you're really like a child sometimes sweetie, you know that?”
“I know that umma, I know that.”

 

 

Chanyeol sighed as he lend back and stared out through the window, wondering if he ever will be able to arrive to the new city, to his new home. He also wonder, will he be able to go back to his sister soon again? He hope so, since he already miss her. Even thought he knows that she's still with him.

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun woke up to a weird sound, not knowing where he were, nor what had happened. He barely remember anything, just that he were on his way back home, and he took a shortcut somewhere. He remember two men, he think they were arguing by... a truck?

 

He don't remember what the men said, nor what they truly argued about, but he remember that shortly after that, he heard a weird sound behind him and when he turned around, he were lost in a mist. Almost like he had ended in another dimension. But not for real.

 

After that he just remember pain, and he think he saw blood. But that can't be true, can it? Baekhyun felt how he had something for his eyes, feeling confused and almost a little nervous, why is there something in front of his eyes?

 

 

Baekhyun? Are you awake sweetie?”

 

 

Baekhyun heard the familiar voice, feeling calm again by it. His mother were here, beside him he think. He felt her hand land on his as he tried to speak without sounding totally groggy.

 

 

U-Umma, w-where am I? Why can't I open my eyes?”
“You're at the hospital sweetie, and you got bandage for your eyes for safety sake.”
“Safety? Why?”
“Don't worry, everything is going to be fine son.”
“Appa, you're here too?”
“Yeah, and guess who else is here.”
“Baekbeom?”
“Hi little man, how you doing?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt a hand land on his head, making him smile a little. His hyung is here, his hyung is back home from the big city. He can't believe it, his own big brother, Baekhyuns best friend and protector is right here.

 

 

I-I think I'm okay, I just feel a little weird.”
“That's good to hear, that you don't say that you feel like hell.”
“Hyung, can you really be away from your job?”
“Yeah, don't worry. They understood the situation and let me go to see you.”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled as he begun to remember how it was when he were little. Baekbeom were always studying, but it wasn't weird, because he loved to do that. Baekbeom were naturally smart, and he still is. That is kind of the funny thing with Baekhyuns family, that his brother is one of the smartest guys ever, some even called him a genius. And Baekhyun is said (by others) to be a musical genius, which feels weird.

 

Baekhyun remember that every afternoon Baekbeom came home, he would help Baekhyun to make a sandwich or something else to eat and drink, and then he would sit down and study beside Baekhyun who would sit and draw something. Baekbeom kept Baekhyun company, even if Baekbeom were 15 years old and busy with studying, he would always find time to sit down with Baekhyun who were only 8 years old and keep him company.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun fell asleep after some minutes, mostly because he felt tired like damn. He woke up later, hearing his mother's worried voice. He think she didn't know Baekhyun were awake like his brother and father, because they talked about him like he couldn't hear them.

 

 

What should we tell him when he wakes up tomorrow morning and finds out about this? Will he... be able to... handle it?”
“Don't worry honey, the doctor said it was still a chance that nothing got damaged. He can't know until tomorrow morning anyway.”
“Dad is right mom, so calm down a little. I think whatever happens, Baekhyun is going to be Baekhyun. It's not like nothing will change, not like that anyway.”
“Lets decide to not tell him until the doctor confirms it, okay?”
“Okay...”

 

 

Baekhyun didn't dare to stop pretend he were sleeping, and after a while he slowly fell asleep again, not knowing if he were getting soporifics or something, because it felt like he fell asleep without he wanted it or not.

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol and his parents arrived finally to the new house, the movers already starting to prepare to carry everything out. Chanyeols mother hurried to help the men to tell them where to place every furniture and so on. Chanyeol and his father walked after her, deciding to help the men to carry some boxes for them.

 

After some hours of talking, moving many different furniture, they were finally starting to get some things on their places. Chanyeol got a pretty big room, all his boxes with things and surprisingly enough, he got a own music room where his parents would put all his instruments he had somehow managed to either get and buy during the years.

 

 

Thanks for all the help, you did a great job.”
“No thank you ma'am for hiring us. Have a nice day.”
“You too.”

 

 

Chanyeols smiled at the movers who left, they had already paid them and now Chanyeol and his parents could concentrate with packing things up. His mother ordered them around right away, his father got the task to pack all the living room things up, and Chanyeol was going to help his mother with the kitchen things.

 

 

***

 

 

After another one hour, Chanyeol were back in his new room, packing his own things up as his mother were away and grocery shopped with his father. Chanyeol had packed up the kitchen, helped his father with the living room, and then he could go back to his own room.

 

He slowly put everything back like they were in his old room, or as much as in his old room as possible. He knew this new house, new city and new kind of life wouldn't be like his old life, like it used to be. But he wanted to try to keep as much from the past he could, even if it means to try to have his room like it were before.

 

Chanyeol had memorized where some special books were supposed to stand, and how the CD's should be standing in the bookshelf. He knows how he wants to have his room, and he has it almost like before, just that his closet door and the door out to the rest of the house have changed sides. Before the closet door was to the right and the normal door to the left, now it is the opposite, which feels weird.

 

Chanyeol sat down on his bed after a while, he had put sheets and blankets on it, making the bed look like usual and it felt good. He felt happy, happy that he could see his room look like his old one. Though the walls are painted in white and isn't that dirty, it's more fresh as well. The house is almost totally new built, so it's not weird if everything else in here is more fresh than his old house.

 

But Chanyeol likes it, he's just wondering how his new life will be like. Or no, how his new lifestyle will be like.

 


Ayo guys! So here is the second chappie! So, what do you think about it? I would love to hear a little what you think about it, so I know what kind of expectations you got ^.^

Else I just wanna say thanks for subscribing to my fiction, it means a lot! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! ^.^

See you next time I update, until then I have a nice week ^.^

Peace and love to you! <3