I'm Always Going To Protect You

Blinded By Your Love

Chapter 11

I'm Always Going To Protect You

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Yah, is this really... such a good idea?”
“It is! Let me catch that bastard!”
“You seem too confident...”
“Yeah, what if something goes wrong?”
“Don't worry, I won't let him get me this time!”
“It has already been five days since the last attack...”
“I don't think he's going after you for a while.”
“Maybe I'm not enough attractive to make him want me...?”
“Yah, don't say that! You're really attractive already!”

 

Chanyeol shouted as he suddenly realized what he said. Baekhyun blushed like a fool just like Chanyeol who tried to say something to make him sound less erted, but the others stared at him with wide eyes.

 

I-I m-mean, y-you shouldn't d-dress up for that b-bastard...”
“Someone is jealous!”
“I'm not jealous!”
“Such a jealous giant!”
“What? You want Baekhyun for yourself?”
“I rather have Baekhyun for myself than letting some take him!”

 

Chanyeol shouted embarrassed as Baekhyun blushed like a fool as well. Baekhyun's face was first blank before it broke into a huge happy smile. Baekhyun reached his arms out and tried to hug Chanyeol who stood too far away from him, so he ended up hugging D.O who laughed. Baekhyun was fast to search for Chanyeol who felt the boy hug him fast.

 

Kya, you're too cute for me Chanyeol! But I have a hard time imagining you being cute. I mean, I don't know, I get a feeling that you look like a macho man!”
“Chanyeol being a macho man?! Hahaha! In my !”

 

Kai laughed as he held his hands over his stomach to not collapse on the floor. Baekhyun pouted and even stuck out his tongue towards Kai who only laughed. Chanyeol let his arms hug Baekhyun back as he smiled happily.

 

Don't worry, I'm not a macho man, if you don't want me to be one.”
“I want you to be this warmhearted giant like you already are!”
“You're the cute one Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun giggled happily as Chanyeol hugged the boy tight. To be honest, Chanyeol doesn't like this idea about letting Baekhyun walk around alone in the corridors as a “bait” for the . But according to Baekhyun, this is the only way to lure that bastard out of his hideout.

 

Okay, time to go back to work-”
“Wait... Let's stop this plan.”

 

Suho spoke calmly as Chanyeol looked up at him. The others stared at Suho as well as Suho held up his phone and showed them all what he has been reading lately.

 

The chance of succeeding is barely 40 %, which means the chance of failing this plan will be over 60 %. There are many people who has thought just like you do Baekhyun and they all ended up getting hurt even more. I didn't believe it first, but after researching about this for a while, I strongly recommend-”
“Yah, don't talk to me like I don't know what might happen. I know very well that I'm taking a huge risk here... And it will be all my fault if something happens-”
“Then stop doing this then-”
“Yah! I'm tired of being useless! This guy is getting on my nerves and I won't stop until we have caught him!”

 

Baekhyun shouted mad as Chanyeol was fast to grab the boy's hands to turn Baekhyun around so he could face him. Baekhyun went silent as fast as Chanyeol sighed a long and pretty tired sigh.

 

I know that you're tired of people hurting you like this. They're taking an advantage of your blind eyes, but that doesn't mean that you should just give them even more opportunities to hurt you. If Suho says it's too dangerous, it's too danger-”
“It's not like we're talking about getting killed!”
“But getting isn't fun either! Calm down and think about it Baekhyun! Do you really want to give that a chance to get you?!”

 

Chanyeol let his voice echo through the small room they all are gathered in. Baekhyun stood silent for a while before he snatched his hands away from Chanyeol.

 

You're not cute anymore...”
“I'm not cute then. I'm rather ugly like hell than letting someone hurt you.”
“Me too!”
“Me three!”
“Me four!”

 

Baekhyun just turned his back against Chanyeol as the others sighed. Chanyeol hesitated before he grabbed Baekhyun's shoulders and squeezed them gently. Baekhyun is really tensed, it's almost like he's scared to be alone with his own friends.

 

Let's stop this for now... We will watch over you all the time to make sure that nothing will happen. We will get that guy, I promise. But not yet. Let's get more prepared for everything first, okay?”

 

Chanyeol spoke calmly as Baekhyun just nodded and walked towards the door. But he almost walked into the door than walking towards it. Kai and D.O got up fast to grab Baekhyun's hands while Sehun opened the door for them. Then Suho and Chanyeol followed them out as they split up to leave for their classes.

 

We will see you after school!”
“Do so!”

 

Chanyeol begun to walk with Suho towards their classroom as Suho put his phone into his pocket and sighed. Chanyeol glanced down at him as Suho glanced back up at him.

 

Are you happy? You got my to lie right in Baekhyun's face.”
“It's for his own best.”
“I don't know, I think we should just catch-”
“The ... He has heard us talk.”
“W-What? H-How do you know that?”
“Well, it was after yesterday's talk. I saw a shadow by the corner and before I could say anything, I heard how someone ran away. I'm not sure if it truly was the , but I can't think of someone else who would eavesdrop on us than him.”
“That's true... You didn't see anything else than the shadow?”
“Only the dark hair that disappeared as fast I looked towards the corner.”
“It's not that much to go after.”
“But Baekhyun will be safer like this. For now.”
“You truly like him huh?”
“Are you kidding me? I adore that little guy. He's really cute, yet I feel so sorry for him.”
“You think he's pitiful?”
“Not really, but I get that feeling sometimes. Don't you?”
“Well, I think he's a little pitiful when he's alone and can't see. I feel sorry for him, I want to help him more.”
“Don't worry, you're helping him enough. Now, what was the homework now again?”
“Geez, don't tell me you forgot to do it again.”
“Ahahahaha, I did.”

 

Suho sighed as Chanyeol chuckled and laughed almost nervously. Suho smiled though as he begun to explain the homework again. Chanyeol listened a little as he let himself space out at the same time.

He got Suho to lie to Baekhyun and the others. He got Suho to tell them a fake lie about people trying to catch their themselves. Baekhyun would only end up hurt if he kept do reckless things like this. Chanyeol just hopes that Baekhyun won't be too mad at him after all this.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Geez, are you sleeping again?”
“Mm...”
“Do you want me to read the text out loud once again?”
“No thanks...”
“But you have to study.”
“I remember the text.”
“Really? Then what is the answer to question number three that goes like this...”

 

Baekhyun listened to D.O who begun to read out the questions from the text book as Baekhyun answered them. He truly remembers the text, so he doesn't have to listen to it again. But he can't help to feel annoyed. Why he's annoyed, he can't actually tell.

 

Yah, you truly know all the questions.”
“I told you so, now let me be.”
“Are you going to sleep?”
“No, I'm going to think about life and rainbows and about how stupid question you just asked.”

 

Kai sighed beside D.O who just ignored what Baekhyun said, like he didn't hear it at all.

 

Whatever, you don't have to answer. Just don't slack off too much.”
“Are you even going to let him say stuff like that?”
“Well obviously yes, since I don't scold him.”
“Why are you ing against me now?”

 

D.O argued a little quietly with Kai who seemed kind of annoyed. Baekhyun sighed as he just closed his eyes, even though there is no difference between having them open or closed. Baekhyun thought a little about what Chanyeol told him earlier while he listened to D.O and Kai. After a while, Baekhyun felt calmer and sat up.

 

Hey... Chanyeol is right... Suho too... Let's quit the plan.”
“Didn't we already agree to that earlier?”
“You guys did... I didn't until now.”
“Geez, don't put yourself in danger please.”
“Yeah, you have gone through enough already.”
“I know, let's go out and grab a coffee after school!”
“You two can go, I promised to go home early today.”
“Why? Is something wrong?”
“No, not really. I just feel like... doing something today.”
“Doing something? What is that?”
“I won't tell you, not yet.”
“Oh come on, you're being such a meanie right now.”
“Yeah, don't keep secrets from us!”
“It won't help to complain. Patience is gold!”
“That's not what they say...”
“Who's waiting for something good never waits for too long!”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”
“It's just like I said!”
“You three! You disturb everyone! Quite down!”
“Sorry teacher!”

 

They all hurried to shut up for a while and pretended to work a little before they begun to whisper to each other again. Baekhyun didn't realize that everything slowly had begun to get back to normal again. Slowly and carefully he's turning back to “normal” again. But will this last or will something bring him down again?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Huh? You want me to do what?”
“I want you to go home and bring your guitar to my house.”
“Why?”

 

Chanyeol stared suspicious at Baekhyun who can't see him, which is too bad. Baekhyun stood outside the classroom with Chanyeol who grabbed the boy's hand to take him home. He promised Baekhyun to walk him home earlier this morning. Nowadays, it's almost only him who takes Baekhyun home after school.

 

I'm telling you, it's a secret.”
“Are we going to play together?”
“I want to hear you play.”
“Then why don't we just go home to my place for a while?”
“Won't you mother and father find it disturbing to have me there?”
“Why would they think that?”
“Because... I'm blind... Won't they... get reminded about... your sister?”

 

Baekhyun asked carefully as Chanyeol smiled. This adorable little boy, he truly doesn't even think about himself at the moment. Chanyeol felt how he smiled like a fool while his hand squeezed Baekhyun's gently.

 

Silly little Baekhyun, you're thinking too much about things you shouldn't think of.”
“But isn't it true? What if I hurt their feelings?”
“They're actually only happy to know that I'm taking care of you.”
“What is that supposed to mean? It sounds like I'm a child.”
“Haha, you know what I mean Baekhyun.”
“Yeah... I do... But is it really okay to go home to your place then?”
“Yes Baekhyun, it is. We have barely been at my place, so I think it's more than okay. Do you want me to text your parents for you?”
“Yeah, here is my phone.”

 

Chanyeol received Baekhyun's phone as he wrote a quick text to his mother with only one hand. Chanyeol looked up the whole time while he wrote the text, he doesn't risk to let Baekhyun walk out on the road or get hit by something while they're heading home towards his place.

 

There, your mother is informed about you going home to my place and might eat dinner with me.”
“Okay, then everything is all good~”
“Hey, tell me for real; why would just suddenly want to hear me play the guitar?”
“I don't know, I just feel like doing something new and different today.”
“Oh, really? That's something new.”
“Yah, don't say it like that!”

 

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol smiled at the boy. It's good to see Baekhyun smile like this. Chanyeol never met Baekhyun before he got blind, but he gets a feeling that Baekhyun looks quite like he used to do. Chanyeol hopes that the boy is as happy as before, if not happier.

 

Hey Chanyeol, I know what I want to do another day!”
“What is it?”
“I want to go for a long walk in the woods! Can you take me for a walk one day, pretty please!”
“Haha, of course I can. Only if you promise me to not slack off during your classes.”
“I promise! No I swear! I won't slack off as much as I can!”
“Good! That's the spirit!”

 

Chanyeol smiled happily as they finally arrived to his house. Chanyeol unlocked the door and helped Baekhyun to get inside before he let go of Baekhyun's hands. Chanyeol's parents aren't home yet, which means they will be a lone for a little longer.

 

Are you hungry? Did you get enough to eat during lunch?”
“Don't worry about me silly, I'm fine.”
“Then do you want something to drink?”
“I will tell you if I get hungry or thirsty, I promise. Now show me to your room again!”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he got his shoes and jacket off before he grabbed his bag and one of Baekhyun's hands. Chanyeol then begun to lead Baekhyun over to his room as he threw his bag into a corner.

 

Your house smells funny.”
“What do you mean with that?”
“It smells... Sweet. Sweeter than my house.”
“It's probably mom's perfume.”
“Haha, I don't think she sprays it all over the house. Especially not in your room.”
“Then... I don't know what it is.”
“Me neither, but I like it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun carefully let go off his hand. Baekhyun then walked around a little and found his way around the room before he found the bed and sat down on it. Chanyeol walked over towards the bed and grabbed the guitar on the way, since this is what Baekhyun wants to hear after all.

 

So, what kind of song should I play for you?”
“Anything that is cheerful.”
“A love song maybe?”
“Is it cheerful?”
“You will have to guess.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he slowly begun to play on the guitar. Baekhyun closed his eyes as he smiled. He listened to the tones the guitar made as Chanyeol almost closed his eyes as well. He also loves the sound of music. He's happy that he's able to play on the guitar like this, because this has kept him happy for years.

 

Kya... You're really good...”
“Thank you... Do you know which song it is?”
“Haha, it is Love Song.”
“Exactly! Ironic huh? Let's play another one.”
“Give me something calm and sweet this time.”
“Okay, just as you wish.”

 

Baekhyun smiled as Chanyeol watched the boy a little in between. Baekhyun looked really happy and he truly enjoyed the music. Chanyeol smiled as he almost lost himself in the playing as well. So this is how Baekhyun must feel whenever he plays the piano huh? Chanyeol let the tones take over the room as he suddenly heard Baekhyun talk to him again.

 

Thank you... For protecting me...”

 

Chanyeol just smiled as he kept playing. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol heard him, but Chanyeol doesn't know what to say. He just kept playing until the words finally came to his mouth again.

 

I will always protect you... Baekhyun.”

 


Ayo guys! Here I am again! ^.^

I have to apologize for the almost whole week late update, I'm so sorry *bows apologizing*

This was the last week in school before the summer break, which has finally begun and I got some times to correct my chapters and now I can update them! I know I'm late, but better late than never, right? ^.^

I just want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, which I hope you guys understand! Thank you all for being awesome readers! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! But it isn't a must, so please don't feel forced! But it would be fun if someone would write a funny comment! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say. I will try to update in time next time! I see you next time! Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon/evening! Take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3