Nine

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hey Kwon littles!” I called as I walked at their direction. They were sitting at a bench under the tree in the middle of the schoolyard.

 

They were waving at me and so I smiled and waved back at them. I came from the building and went out to fetch them and to eat lunch. Jiyo was drinking his juice and Jiya was combing Luna’s hair.

 

“Ji,” she called while fixing the hats that she always wore everytime she sits beside me. She handed me her I.D to put it inside her bag.

 

‘Kwon Jiya’ I read. And she was smiling widely at her picture. I named her Kwon Jiya since that was the only information I had from them. Jiya was her name and of course, they said that they’re my children so I won’t miss my name out on them.

 

“Jiyong, are we going home now?” the boy asks and peeked beside me.

 

“No, we’re going to the building after lunch. Is that okay with you, guys?” I asked and took a glance at Jiya who was struggling wearing those hats.

 

“O-okay. Are you gonna dance, dance, dance again?” he asked and I nodded, looked at him at his reflection in the mirror.

 

“Yes, but I’ll record first because it is not good to dance after eating,” I answered.

 

“Why?” why? I don’t know. I just heard that it isn’t good to dance or exercise after eating.

 

“Because your tummy will get hurt,” gosh! What a lame answer, but I’m reasonable right? Is my answer okay?

 

He just nodded and offered his lunchbox.

 

“Cookies?” he asked. Oh no! Not again. You don’t know what happened next when I got allergies after eating those cookies. Where did he get that anyway?!

 

I looked at the box murder. I was teased, mocked and laughed at when everyone notice my situation.

 

“Thiyong, are you okay? You thould reth and drink loth of water,” Youngbae said while holding his tummy while chuckling. He was the one who really lolled at me.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Thop ith guyth, pleath. Why are you doing thith to me?” I looked at the twins who were snickering too. “Where did the cookieth came from?”

 

“My classmate gave it to me,” he answered.

 

“Let’s continue danthing. I’ll juth record tomorrow,” I said mumbling my words that I was thankful that they could still understand.

 

That day ended with a laugh. And I was relieved that my allergy was recovered in the morning. So, no to cookies Jiyong.

 

“COOOOOOKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!” she yelled again that it made me stepped on the break suddenly. I looked at her and I was thankful that this car had a seatbelt because if it hasn’t I swear to God that I might be running to hospital now.

 

“Just don’t shout. My God, you’re giving me a heart attack. God, Jiya!” I said, touching my chest, feeling my heart racing so fast. “Please, don’t shout again, you kiddo!”

 

She glared at me. See? She’s just about to smashed her head but her attitude didn’t disappear!

 

“You know, I was allergic to that cookies yesterday. I can’t eat that! You want me to die?” I asked and continued driving. “It will make my throat swell and it would block my airways and so I can’t breathe then it will cause me death. Do you want me to die?” I asked again and glanced at her.

 

She shook her head. “It’s chocolate flavor, Ji. You will not die to chocolate. Eat it. Jiyo’s classmate gave that to him and said she likes you. How could a kid like you Ji? You’re old and ugly!” she grunted. What? Ugly?!

 

“Cookies?” he asked again and smiled at me. Alright cookies, I’ll eat you for the sake of these children.

 

“In order for us to get to know you, I’ll ask you some questions, Ji?” I sighed. This kid really? Is she really five year old or sixty-five year old? I feel like I was talking to a grandma. “I will put you on my scrapbook if you’ll answer me,” she smiled creepily.

 

“Alright,” I said without protests. I don’t wanna be yelled again like, ‘AAAAANNNSSSWWEEERRR!’

 

“What’s your hobby?” she asked while holding her notebook and a pencil. She made Luna sit beside Jiyo and asked the boy to fasten the doll a seatbelt because she said I was a rascal driver.

 

“Composing? Singing? Dancing?” I said while thinking.

 

She glared again.

 

“What?!” I asked.

 

“Answer me surely. Why are you asking me that?!”

 

“Okay. Okay. Chill! Why are you always angry at me?” I asked.

 

“Because you’re ugly!”

 

“Because I am ugly?” I sighed amused by his answer. Is that all? It’s just because I’m ugly that’s why she’s always yelling at me? Wow. Just wow. This kid. Jinjja! Argh!

 

“Jiya~~~” he called. “Let me just do it,” he offered. That’s right. Let Jiyo make the business. He’s calm and peaceful unlike Jiya who acts and looks like a monster.

 

“Okay, Okay,” I answered and received the penetrating eyes of Jiya who was crossing her arms beside me.

 

“You sure to answer or I might kill your dog,” she threatened me then turned her gazes back in the streets. Oh, really stubborn girl. Where did you get that attitude?

 

“Dad.. A-ah.. I mean Jiyong-ah, what do you want to watch on TV?” he stuttered? Did he just call me Dad? It’s awkward but I found myself smiling.

 

“Uhmm… Music Bank? Inkigayo?” I probed to myself and I felt a sudden sting on my neck, thinking that there might be something or someone massacring me from behind. I forced a wide smile and turned my gaze to her. “Music back, Inkigayo, M-Countdown, MTV, Weekly Idol, Running Man, Infinite Challenge, The Return of Superman, Real Men, Immortal Song,” I said then catch my breath after a uttering those words rapidly.

 

“Wait-wait,” he said and stopped me from speaking as he jot down on his notes. “How old are you, Jiyong?”

 

“27.”

 

“Height?”

 

“170 cm.”

 

“Weight?”

 

“Pass,” I said then took a glimpse at Jiya who were looking at me murder once again. “What? I don’t know my weight.”

 

“Continue?” he asked and the girl nodded.

 

“Bestfriend?”

 

“Youngbae.”

 

“Favorite color?”

 

“Black.”

 

“Food?”

 

“Sushi.”

 

“Ew. You eat sushi? You like raw fishes? Ew,” she commented and it’s my turn to roll my eyes at her.

 

“Continue?” he asked again and I nodded.

 

“What’s your favorite thing?”

 

“Favorite? Hmm.. My limited edition beats headphones that I ordered and customized in U.S for my solo debut during heartbreaker,” I said and recalled how I was so happy when I first had my customized earphone that only made just for me.

 

I gawked at Jiya and saw her face in horror. She paled and she was like someone who saw a ghost.

 

“Hey, you okay?” I asked and she just nodded. I turned to Jiyo. “Is that all the questions, Jiyo?”

 

“Uhhmmm… Uhhmmm… Would you want to marry, Mommy?” the car filled with silence. I just continued driving and just focus on doing it. I don’t know what to answer.

 

I shouldn’t be the one to answer that. Their mom, their mom once asked me that but I failed to answer her properly, without selfishness, without hindrance, without ambitions. I failed, and now she slipped off and I don’t know if I still deserve to ask her that. To ask her if she could marry me. Things changed now. She has a life already, far from me. She has a boyfriend who’s there with her in her downfall while I am rejoicing of my success. Maybe, she’s not the girl I used to love before.

 

“Ji?” I got my senses back when I heard him called my name. I was too much deep for idling. “Can you unlocked the door now?”

 

I looked around just to see that we were already on parking lot. I was totally occupied by that question. I unlocked the door and helped this girl in taking of the hats in her head.

 

We sat in one of the private rooms then ordered our food. We were just silent, no one dared to ask me again and only the kids were talking and smiling at each other. Maybe they already forget what happened earlier. They’re still kids and easily get destructed to things.

 

“Jiyong, Jiyong,” he cupped my cheeks then got a piece of tissue then wiped the side of my lips. I was frozen a bit but then smiled at him. This kid is really me. I smirked then patted his head.

 

“I’m fuuuuull!” she said then caressed her tummy as she laughed.

 

“Me too!” he cheered and high-fived with Jiya.

 

“We were going to the building, alright?” I said then they both nodded as they jumped inside the car. I put on the hats on her head then started the engine.

 

--

 

Jiyong busied himself inside the recording room, reviewing and redoing their recorded voices while the twins were at practice room playing with their own self with the free staff and dancers.

 

The question that Jiyo asked awhile ago kept on r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter