Twenty Six

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#gate #unprepareddad

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I was solemnly walking my way towards GD’s place as I typed in his code and waited for the door to open itself.

 

The house was silent, there’s no sign of human significance. Where are they?

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

I jumped on my feet and held my chest. “You surprised me.” I said and exhaled. “I came here for the twins.”

 

“Ah. Jiyong didn’t inform you?” as soon as I heard it, I suddenly felt nervous. Didn’t inform me what? Inform me that he took the twins away with me? Farthest from where I am? And Youngbae is here to buy his place? Is that what GD didn’t inform me? Is he avenging? What have I done to be treated like this?!

 

My tear sac started to open and let the damn tears fell. Youngbae looked perplexed and then started to panic upon seeing me crying.

 

“Where are they? Where did he take the twins? How am I supposed to live without them? What have I done to Jiyong, for him to do this cruelly to me?” I said as I punched Youngbae’s chest. He was dodging my attempt and defended himself.

 

“Chill, Taeyeon. He won’t do that to you. I thought GD told you that he’ll bring the kids on his set for the variety show,” he said and made me calm down on the couch. “He may be a complete bastard Taeyeon, but Jiyong loves the twins so much for letting them stay away from you.”

 

After hearing what Taeyang said, my heart feels at ease. Everytime, every day that Jiyong proves that he really cares and love the the twins, I almost forget that I hate him. How could I disregard the fact when my eyes, could witness it and my ears could hear it from his sister, his friends, my members and of course, from the twins.

 

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry about Jiyong, on how he was acting towards you.”

 

“No need to say sorry, it wasn’t your fault. Maybe we’re just destined to be like this.”

 

“Then I feel sorry for the twins. They can’t have the complete family that they wanted.”

 

“Somehow, someday Taeyang, they will understand.”

 

“I hope so, but Taeyeon what was really the reason if why did you left him?”

 

The reason? No one knows it except my members. How could I trust Taeyang if he’s close to Jiyong?

 

“I was pregnant and I never stand for myself ever since Taeyang, except for that night. I chose to be selfish but I was rejected, and rejection is one of my biggest fear. So, I opted to be silent for years to save my child from rejection by their father. But maybe, the reason isn’t important anymore. We were just teens—sensitive and shallow. I’m already living the consequences of the present and I have to deal with it,” I said and exhaled deeply. Maybe I felt a little bit of regret just by looking at Jiyong being happy with the twins but I am thankful for what the present gave me.

 

“Why don’t you just two get married?” I was surprised. Married? That would be absurd. If he wanted to marry me, he must have done it 6 years before.

 

“That’s not gonna happen. Anyway, how are you?” I asked. Changing the sensitive topic.

 

 

He shrugged. “With me? Nothing. Same old. But with Jiyong… hmmm.”

 

I was tempted to ask but we agreed it already. We shouldn’t meddle with each other’s life until he figured things out on his own. I don’t want to risk my relationship with Baekhyun for whatever petty feelings Jiyong had for me.

 

And as if Taeyang was reading my mind he spoke, “He’s dating Kiko again. It’s weird.”

 

WHAT??!!

 

I know Taeyang is fully aware that Jiyong and I were really not in good terms so I don’t know how to fish some information without looking like a nosy ex-girlfriend.

 

“What’s weird about that?” everything Taeyeon. Everything.

 

“She broke his heart after dragging him on her high life. She’s younger by 3 years by the way. He hated her. We hated her.”

 

Now I am more curious of what really happened on their relationship. What’s with her and their breakup that made Taeyang wonder why Jiyong was dating her again?

 

“Why does he hate her? Why did you guys hate her?”

 

“Jiyong met Kiko a year after you left him when he started to give up on looking for you. She helped him get up on his knees and enjoy life with drugs. The love that was supposed to be for you was shifted to Kiko that he get blinded by the wild life that she give. We hated her for ruining Jiyong’s life, but still she continued to chase him after we splashed some water on Jiyong. He hated her but I don’t know about now.”

 

That chopstick dopehead harlot. I could still remember how she slapped me last time! And then I will find out how she ruined the life Jiyong wished to have! And to find out that they were back together! Jiyong must be insane! Is he going back on using drugs? Because I won’t let him! It could be an advantage for me at the cases against him but I don’t want Jiyong to ruin his life.

 

I nodded, unable to give a decent reaction of what I just discovered.

 

Taeyang and I continued talking about other things but the thought of Jiyong is still left on my mind. Why was he doing this? Why is he dating someone who ruins his life? Was he that dauntless, yearning for pain to feel hurt?

 

 

I went straight home and remembered Baekhyun whom I haven’t seen in days. I really like him so much but sometimes, I wished I was dating someone on my age. That someone whom I can be with everytime, whom I can be with for the whole day without restrictions from work or worrying about time or whatever.

 

But then I know it will just remain as a wish. I’m perfectly happy with Baekhyun. I had nothing to ask for more.

 

I went to my room and rolled on my bed. I missed the twins being with me here. The last time I checked, I scolded Jiyo for not treating Baekhyun nicely. I was so mad that day that I can’t even determine what was I doing. And to see that my twins were being taken away by the man that they just met.

 

These days has been such a drama in my life. I just want to relax, but I think that was too hard for me to reach.

 

I went online to check my feed and read some news. I read every comments on my IG account even though mostly anti-Taeyeon fans were so insistent on bashing me.

 

While I was at it… I can’t help but to type in and search for… Kiko Mizuhara. Things I do for curiousity.

 

My fingers were restless as the search continued.

 

Kiko Mizuhara

 

I went out and grabbed my things. If I stayed inside the unit for a little longer, I won’t stop myself from stalking to that girl! I shouldn’t intrude with their affair. If Jiyong wants to be a drug lord, what do I care? That’s his call, not mine!

 

As I was trying to have an alone time, I went to eat ice cream to cool down my burning nerves.

 

I was walking my way to the shop when I accidentally bumped on someone…

 

I think destiny was having fun playing with me.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“No problem…” she said and smirked at me.

 

I didn’t mind her for I know it will just ruin my day. I was just thinking if I should concern myself over this thing. For one’s it’s my children’s father’s life. If he wants to ruin his life, I don’t have a stop for that. I’m just concern ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter