Twenty Two

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#UnpreparedDad @gdandme94

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV                                                                                                                                  

 

I woke up with a huge grin on my face. It’s been days after the event of Jessica yet the euphoria never left my sentiment. I just can’t easily erase this smile on my face. It’s really good to feel happy and smile after the things that just happened on me. I can’t believe I’m still alive and kicking—thanks for the twins and Baekhyun who still keep on holding me down to live.

 

“Eonnie, good morning! You seems so happy!” Seohyun greeted me once I walked out of my room. No one shares room with me since the twins were with me.

 

I took a seat on the kitchen island and watched Seohyun murder the eggs. She’s not that bad on cooking but I would prefer if she gave up on the idea of being a cook. Excluding the fact that Sunny and I were still not in good terms, she was the one who knows how to cook but for now, I’ll tolerate’s Seohyun’s chief skill.

 

“I’m just so happy that Baekhyun is here in Korea,” I replied.

 

I really wanted to have a quality time with Baekhyun while he’s here to cover up the times that we were away for work. I’m not an overly attached and obsessed girl, I just missed him so much.

 

Seohyun placed the food in front of me and I stared at it before taking it on my mouth. Baekhyun might be younger than me but he has a part of him that makes me like him more. He has his wits, he’s talented and he makes my world brighter. He is esoteric, just like me, only few people knows who I really am.

 

I was holding my phone when it started vibrating.

 

Baekhyun calling…

 

It’s just a phonecall but why do I feel like I’ve run 20km dash? Why am I panicking?

 

Seohyun looked at me laughing and shaking her head in amusement.

 

I sneered at her and then stood up to answer the call. Distance really makes me feel surreal. Why am I panicking? He’d been calling my phone for almost three years yet my heart wanted to leap out on my chest.

 

“Hey,” I said once I settled myself inside my room.

 

“Did I wake you up?” he replied.

 

I am 26 years old yet I am acting like I am a teenage girl who just saw their crush.

 

“No. I was already up. Why?”

 

“I see… Noona, can we have lunch later?”

 

“Oh, sure.”

 

“Alright, see you later?”

 

“Okay,” then I ended the call.

 

When I went back to finish my breakfast, Seohyun asked. “Are you going somewhere?”

 

I nodded. Luckily, we have no schedules for today.

 

After hours, I arrived at the café where we will meet. I waited for almost 10 minutes for he texted me that he was stuck by the fans.

 

I was looking at him religiously while he was walking. Luckily, this place is somehow secluded from the high way. He looked so cute. Screw those who were saying that nobody’s perfect because Baekhyun is just too perfect for me. I am so lucky for that because out of all people who likes him and deserves him more, he chose to be with someone who’s a disgrace on her family, who got pregnant outside marriage but I don’t care if what other people say. As long as we could still be together, I will never let him go. I know Baekhyun loves me, for he will not endure those criticisms and bashes that people throw to us. I don’t know how to give back that love and cares he gave to me other than returning that favor and giving him the assurance that he well deserves.

 

“Did you waited for too long? Sorry, Noona,” he asked.

 

I shook my head and stood up as we roam around.

 

“I feel so happy,” I said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I feel free. I’ve been longing for this time to come because you’ve been very busy for the past months and thank heavens that the company still have a heart to let you have a break for awhile. It feels fresh, I think I’m partly dreaming,” I said and smiled. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and then I looked at him.

 

We walked with smiles on our lips while we were holding hands.

 

He came closer to me and whispered, “Can you feel me now, Taeks? Is this close enough?”

 

We settled on one of the restaurants around the place that is not crowded. We talked about the experiences that Baekhyun had when they were promoting their Wolf and Growl. I also shared my experiences about tours on different countries that he mentioned.

 

“Noona, by the way. How was the case with Jiyong-hyung going?” I suddenly felt sour but I didn’t let him notice it.

 

Actually, we already had the first trial last day on the regional court. I was with my lawyer but Jiyong just sent his representative for he was busy doing his promotion. I think he just made it as an excuse ‘cause he’s scared at me. He knew that I could defeat him that’s why. The case was just about the custody and showing all the evidences and requirements for the custody of the twins. Of course, I was prepared. I should be! It’s my twins that we are talking about here!

 

“It’s fine. I think, I am now ahead of him,” I said to him and he nodded.

 

“How about you with your members?” I grimaced. Of course, he was talking about Tiffany and Sunny. Sad to say that we still are not—not until they’ll ask for my forgiveness and reflect on their sins. I’m not saying that I am not a sinful creature because I am just one of them but ugh! It’s frustrates me just by thinking about it.

 

I didn’t answer him and just continued eating.

 

“Noona, they maybe did wrong to you but they did it for the twins, right? They just made the twins happy. Don’t you want them to be happy?” I shook my head. “Noona, you all should talk about the problems so everyone will be happy and peaceful. I don’t want to see you fighting and blaming each other. You lived for almost half of your life, are you just gonna throw that bond away?”

 

“Baek, all I have for now is the twins and you and my pride. If I’ll let them step unto my pride, it is also giving them the opportunity to do that again or to do worse to me,” I said to him and he just sighed. I already settled on my decision and not even him could retract it.

 

We continued eating when he asked if how was the twins because he haven’t seen them after the incident. As what I’ve observed for the past months of them with Jiyong, they’re fine. I really  like how Jiyong made the twins room on his house. Surely, Jiya really likes it. She really likes to be treated as princess and Jiyong was spoiling them. They’ve already made a bond between them that maybe, I could hardly break it after the trials. Seeing Jiyong how he took care of the twins, I know and I can feel it that he loves them already.

 

“How was going on with you and Jiyong-hyung?” I was frozen for a bit and looked at him after.

 

“Of course, he’s still stubborn about the idea of giving up the twins custody. I will not let him do that, he should cherish the moments while he is still with the twins cause I will crush him down,” I said with full of hatred. Thinking about what Jiyong did to me angers me that I wanted to bury him alive.

 

He sat back then crossed his arms. He was looking at me intently and I felt like melting. It was so intense.

 

“So,” he said. “Taeks, we’ve been together for more than 3 years and I would like to keep it as long as I could.”

 

That made me stop. There’s no doubt from Baekhyun’s love but I am just afraid that what if one day, what Jiyong did to me will happen again? I mean, hurt me and be broken alone. I was in love with him but why do I feel broken?

 

He put his hand above mine on the table. “Baek, I know this is so sudden from me but always take care of yourself. Think about yourself first before looking after me. I’m a grown up woman. I raised two kids for more than 6 years already. I don’t want to give you an obligation because you love me. Just tell me if you can’t take everything that was happening now, huh? I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter