[SEE YOU AROUND: PART 1]

MAKE IT A REALITY: G-DRAGON & YOONA ONE-SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

I closed the umbrella as I stepped inside Dara’s office. It was Wednesday so after my 9 to 5 work, I came here to attend a class that they were teaching. Dara works at a nonprofit organization called Triumph. Its aim is to help out the youth in any way they can. They have different extracurricular programs available that students can take. It keeps them out of trouble and on a straight path. 

I met Park Dara in one of the charity events they organized. My company was still starting and I was there to make connections and possible clients. (By the way, I organize events and parties of all kinds.) I got to talking with her and a fire ignited in me to help out these youths. As a kid who didn’t really have extracurriculars to keep me busy, their cause got me interested.

Dara was happy when she heard I wanted to be involved and we became friends. That was seven months ago and she told me that it was a good opportunity for me to attend this leadership class they have every Wednesday so I can know more and learn about handling the students. 

And that is why I’m here, six in the evening in Triumph’s headquarters. I groaned as my phone notified me that I have a late meeting I still have to go to after this. Talk about a long day. 

The class is taught by Daniel Lee, one of the leaders in the organization. With five minutes to spare, I sat down on a seat next to one of my friends, Yuri. I met her through Triumph as well. 

“Hey, did I miss anything?” I asked as I brought out my notebook. 

“No, the class hasn’t started yet but I heard from one of our classmates that another leader would be speaking next Wednesday. One of the best, I heard.” Yuri whispered to me. 

“Great. I’ll have to check my schedule if I can attend next week.”

Yuri then clinged to my arm. “Oh come on, Yoona. You have to. Also, I have a cousin who’s turning 21 in two months. I told her I know a great event organizer who can do the preparations for her.”

I smiled and rolled my eyes. “Did I say I’ll check my schedule? I meant I’ll wipe my calendar clean for next week!” 

We both laughed.

Everyone here in Triumph has been so kind and accommodating. They also do things like promote your business even though you don’t tell them to. That’s what made me stick around, I think. There’s a certain feeling of community even besides reaching out the youth. 

“Seriously, Yuri. Thank you. As a start-up business, you don’t know how much you spreading the word means.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. I’m investing on you so I can get 50% off your services on my wedding.” Yuri snickered.

Huh. I didn’t know Yuri was engaged. “I didn’t know you have a fiance! Congratulations!”

“Thank you! But I don’t have one!”

“What?”

“See that guy?” She pointed at the guy who was in the tech booth and managing it.

“Taeyang-ssi? Are you dating him?” 

“Nope.” She popped the ‘p’. “We haven’t even talked! He doesn’t know it yet but we are going to get married.”

She sounds so sure I can only nod at her. 

“I like your pants suit by the way! You look immaculate! And that ponytail! Girl, you look like a boss!” Yuri complimented my outfit. I was wearing a white pants suit. I had an important meeting earlier with a big client so I had to look my best. I didn’t have time to dress down and besides, I still have that meeting later. 

“All right everyone, welcome to tonight’s session. I’m Daniel Lee and you already know you can just call me Tablo. That’s what everyone calls me here in Triumph.”

Halfway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter