Change In Plans....

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

Please excuse all the grammaticall errors.  I will come back and fix them.


You watched as Jiyong and the rest of the group walk back into the club.  You feel your heart follow him inside and you can’t get the anger in his eyes out of your mind.

“Chris…Chris are you ok?” you hear Melanie ask and you turned back to see Chris slowly standing up with the help of Jonathan.  Chris let out a grunt and rubbed his jaw as he stared at you and you make your way back to them on unsteady legs.

“I’m sorry Chris,” you apologize.  You grab a hold of his jaw and squint under the dim street light.  “I’m really sorry.”

“Who is he to you and why did he drag you out here?” Chris questioned you.  You looked at the three of them and you could see that they were all wondering the same thing.  “What did he say before he went back to the club?”

You look at Melanie and Jonathan and you let out a sigh of relief when you see them shrug in response.

“We should go back to the hotel,” you quickly say.  You turned around with your clutch in hand and began to make your way around the building towards the front. 

“I know he’s a part of the company we’re working with,” Chris stated.  You glanced to your side to see Chris walking next to you.  You saw that he wasn’t looking at you but straight ahead of him but you still knew that his question was aimed to you.  “His face is plastered throughout the building but the question is.  Who is he to you?”

“He’s someone I use to know,” you answer quietly as you approached the busy street.

“We figured out that much,” Jonathan stated.  You looked at him as he stood beside you.  You hailed a cab and opened the door.  You watched the three of them climb into the cab.  You told the driver the address to the hotel and closed the door.  You step away from the cab and you see Jonathan roll down the window.  “Get into the cab.”

“I can’t.  It’s too small, plus I kind of want to walk home,” you replied.

“Get in now,” Chris said and you groaned as you see the cab driver reach over and open up the passenger side door.  You slide into the front seat and closed the door before leaning your head against the cold glass window.  You stare out the window as the cab pulled away from the busy club and you replay what Jiyong had said to you.  The pain you’re feeling right now is nothing compared to the pain I went through when you left.  It played in your mind like a broken record.

“It’s him isn’t it?  He’s the guy,” Melanie whispered softly and you turned to see her staring at you.  You see the other two look at Melanie in confusion before looking at you.

“What do you mean the guy?” Chris asked you.  “What does she mean by that?”

“It’s nothing,” you respond as you rubbed your temples.  “It’s nothing at all.”

“Obviously it’s not nothing if he dragged you out of the club and punched me,” Chris angrily snapped at you.  “Don’t you think I deserve an explanation as to why someone punched me for no reason?  Don’t you think we’re all sick and tired of wondering what your connection with this company is?  Aren’t you tired of hiding it all?  So who is this guy and why is he so ing pissed off at you and how do you know this damn company?”

You’re taken aback by the anger in Chris’s voice and yet you feel your own anger surge through your veins.  You turned back and glared at him.

“I want to know why you’re so ing curious Chris.  Why do you want to know so badly?  Why do you care so much about it all?” you snarl back at him.  You see the startled look on all of their faces.  You’ve always been the calm one and you knew that they’ve never seen you this angry.  You hear Melanie softly say your name and you glared at her.  You instantly feel bad when you see her shrink back into the seat but the anger in you still coursed through you.

“No.  Why do you guys care at all?” you snapped.  You turned back around in the front seat and looked out at the passing buildings.  You all sat in silence and waited until the cab slowly pulled up to the hotel building.  You paid the driver and thanked him before climbing out of the cab and made your way up to your room.  You opened up the door to your hotel suite and you stood in the hallway.

“You guys want to know so badly.  So I’ll tell you guys,” you say as you ushered the three into your hotel suite and they cautiously walked to your living room.  You toed off your heels and tossed them aside after closing the door.  You grabbed a blanket from your room and the one picture you always carried with you.  It was your favorite one.  You walked back into the living room where your three fellow dancers sat nervously.  You gently placed the picture frame on the coffee table before making your way to the large window that over looked Seoul.  You sat on the edge and watched as each of them picked up the picture of you and Jiyong.

“His name is Kwon Jiyong,” you softly say.  You turned back and looked out the window and let out a sad sigh as you the ring hanging on the necklace around your neck.  “He is my…I mean was my fiancé.”

“Fiancé?” you hear Chris question you and you silently nodded.

“Yes fiancé.  He punched you because he apparently was watching us dancing together and he just assumed that you were my boyfriend.  I’m sorry he did that to you,” you apologized again.  “Jiyong and I were what you would call high school sweethearts.  We met the summer before high school.  We were both sixteen at the time.  Jiyong was and is still signed with YG Entertainment.  He joined YG Entertainment when he was thirteen and he had always had a love for music.  Jiyong is also known as G-Dragon and he is the leader of a very famous Idol group here in Korea called Big Bang.  Their pictures are plastered all over the building and their music is always playing.  That picture on the table was taken on August 19th, 2006.  I know that because it was the day that Big Bang debuted here in South Korea.  It was also the day he proposed to me.”

You turned around and you smile fondly at the picture sitting on the coffee table.  You stand up to grab the frame and returned to your spot by the window.  You stared down at the picture and you remembered when it was taken.

“Did you see us up there on the stage?” Jiyong asked excitedly as he ran towards you.  You scrunched up your nose as his sweat drenched body engulfed yours and you hear him laugh as you squealed. 

“Jiyong-ah you’re all sweaty,” you say as you wrapped your arms around him.

“I know.  Did you see us?” he asked again as he tightened his grip on you.  “They loved us.”

“Of course they loved you guys,” you said happily. “You guys were awesome out there.”

“Thanks babe,” he whispered softly into your ear.  You blush as he pulled away from you and slipped his fingers in between yours.  You feel him tug on your hand as he rushed you through the crowd of people who were congratulating all the members.  You followed him into the back room where all the YG family were resting and hear the room erupt with cheers as Jiyong and the rest of the Big Bang entered.  It was only once the two of you entered the room that Jiyong let go of your hand and you stood back as everyone congratulated the newly debuted group.

“Congratulations,” you hear someone say to you and you turned to see your good friend and fellow trainee Bommie standing beside you.  You looked at her in confusion and she grinned at you in return.

“What are you talking about Bommie?  Why are you congratulating me?”

“Because of this stupid,” she said as she grabbed a hold of your left hand and pointed to the ring that was sitting on your ring finger.

“How did you find out?  He asked this morning,” you asked as you flushed with embarrassment.

“Who else do you think helped Jiyong pick out the ring?”

“You helped him pick out the ring?”

“Of course, you think he has enough fashion sense to pick it out himself?”

“So you knew and you didn’t tell me?”

“And ruin the surprise?  Aish, I swear some people’s kids,” Bom said with a sigh.  You grinned at the sight of Jiyong walking back towards you.

“What are you two talking about over here?”he asked and you giggled as he raised a suspicious eyebrow your way.

“Bommie was just congratulating me,” you answered.

“For what?  Yah, shouldn’t you be congratulating me?” he exclaimed with a pout.  “We just debuted.”

“Why should I be congratulating you for debuting?  It’s nothing special,” Bom replied with a glare.

“Nothing important?  It’s very special.”

“Not as special as this,” Bom sassed back.  You roll your eyes as Bom jerked up your left hand and shoved the ring into his face.  You smile back at him when you see his face soften and a large grin replaced his scowl.

“You’re right.  She is special.  So very special,”he said softly and you let out a laugh as he circled his arm around your waist and pulled you against his body and he softly placed a kiss on your cheek. 

“I love you,” you quietly whisper.  You cupped his face as you leaned in to kiss his lips.  You placed your forehead against his and stared into his eyes.  You feel a sense of warmth spread through your body at the love shining in his eyes.

“I love you too baby,” he whispered back to you.  The both of you turned as a flash went off to find Bom holding up a camera aimed at the both of you.

“You two are so cheesy,” you hear her say before rolling her eyes and pretending to gag.

“So you know the president of this company because of this Jiyong guy?”  You rapidly blink as you are pulled out of your memory at the sound of Chris’s voice.  You give your head a quick shake and focus your attention on Chris.

“I’m sorry what did you ask?”

“I asked if you knew the president of the company through Jiyong,” Chris repeated.

“Although I didn’t know about YG until after Jiyong and I started seeing each other.  Jiyong isn’t the only reason why I am familiar with YG Entertainment and the people involved with the company.  I know the president of YG is because I once was a part of YG Entertainment.  When Jiyong and I first started dating, we couldn’t see each other often because Jiyong was always training.  So Jiyong had told me that he had devised a plan that allowed us to see each other all the time,” you smile along at the memory.  “One day after school, I met him and he took me to meet Yang Hyun Suk.  Jiyong said that I should audition to be a singer too and then we could train together and so I auditioned and Yang Hyun Suk accepted me into the company.”

You sighed as you remembered the excitement you and Jiyong had felt back then.  You looked at Chris, Melanie and Jonathan.  They stared at you with wide eyes and waited for you to continue.  You placed the picture frame next to you and curled your legs underneath you and the blanket.  You stared out into the dark night and watched the traffic.

“I became a trainee with Jiyong and while in YG I discovered my love for dancing.  I watched as Jiyong succeeded and I was there by his side when he debuted with Big Bang,” you said with a sigh.  “I was so happy knowing that he had finally achieved his dream although Big Bang didn’t make it really big until the year after they debuted but it didn’t matter because I was happy knowing that Jiyong was happy.  While I stood in the sidelines and watched Jiyong live out his dreams, I found myself questioning mine.  I kept these questions to myself because of the fact that Jiyong was busy living the life of a celebrity and he couldn’t be burdened with my little insecurities.  So I debated and debated and two weeks before Jiyong and I were suppose to get married.  I left for LA to pursue my own dreams.”

You pursed your lips sadly and you remembered the day you had left.  You remembered the desperation in his voice in the messages he had left you and the way he had called out your name in the air port.  You felt a trickle of tears flow down your cheek and you quickly brushed them aside.  You placed a crooked smile on your face and faced your fellow dancers.

“I stayed in LA for four years and I got to do what I loved to do.  I had multiple offers to return to South Korea and dance with many of the famous stars today but I always refused.  Kevin, our boss, knew my story and he helped me when I first moved to LA.  Kevin always accepted my decisions to refuse regardless of how much the companies had offered him until this offer came across his desk.  He didn’t give me the chance to refuse.  Yang Hyun Suk gave me the option to refuse the offer once we arrived here in Seoul but as you can tell I took the challenge.  Tonight was the first night in the three weeks that I’ve been here that I’ve seen Jiyong,” you softly said.  You slip your legs out from beneath you and bring your knees up and wrapped your arms around them before laying your head on your knees.  You faced the three flabbergasted dancers and waited for them to say something.

“So…so you use to train with these people?” Melanie softly asked.

“Yes.  I actually knew Bom, Minzy and Chaerin before I left.  Dara was accepted into YG right before I left, so I never really got to know her.  But they are doing really well,” you answered.

“You just up and left everything here in Seoul?” Chris questioned you.  You silently nodded and bit your bottom lip.  “Do you ever regret it?”

“All the time,” you replied.

………..

“Fifteen minutes,” you yell and you watch everyone collapse.  You shake your head and laugh when you hear Dara let out an exaggerated groan.  You walked your way to the camera that Jonathan was holding and sat down to review the footages.

“Are you okay?” you looked up as you hear the beautiful Bom approach you.  You gave her a smile and nodded.  “I heard about what happened last night.  Are you okay?”

“Who told you about it?” you nervously bit the inside of your cheek.

“Word gets around,” she said with a grin. 

“I forget how quickly word spreads,” you replied.  You watched as she took a sip from her water bottle before facing her.  “I’m fine.  You know how Jiyong gets when he’s angry.  He doesn’t think before he acts sometimes.”

You see her nod in agreement as she twisted the cap back onto the water bottle and set it down beside her.  You raise an eyebrow at her when you see the smirk on her face.  “I corrected Seungri that Chris isn’t your boyfriend.”

“Should’ve known Seungri would tell people,” you reply with a roll of your eyes.  “And how do you know that Chris isn’t my boyfriend.  Maybe he is.”

“Because if he was your boyfriend, you wouldn’t be wearing the ring Jiyong gave you around your neck,” she replied and you instantly reached up and tucked the ring back underneath your t-shirt.  You see her give you a cheeky smile and you feel your cheeks burn.  “You thought I wouldn’t notice?  I was the one who helped him pick it out remember?”

“I could never forget that,” you replied.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone,” she reassured you.

“Thank you.”  You give her an appreciative smile and you feel her tug at the camera.  You scoot back on the seat and you hold up the camera.

“Oh I always miss that step,” you hear Bom say as she scrunched up her face in embarrassment.

“But you’re doing great.  You’ve already memorized all the steps for the other song.  Now it’s just this one and you guys pretty much already have it down,” you say proudly.  “A couple more times and you guys will be able to move on to the next track.”

“You haven’t heard yet have you?” Bom asked and you gave her a confused look.  “Yang Hyun Suk wants to push it back.”

“What?”

“He wants us to promote in Japan afterwards,” she said with a pout.  “Does it mean that when we finish with this song, you’re done?”

“I’m not sure,” you slowly say.  You reach for your cell phone and see no missed calls from Yang Hyun Suk.  “I haven’t heard any of this.”

“Oh, well does it mean that you’re going to go back?” she questioned.  “You know back to LA?”

“I…I don’t know,” you answered honestly.  “I really haven’t thought about it.  I thought I’d be here a lot longer and I don’t have anything lined up after this.  I…I just might stay a bit longer.  I’m not sure though.”

“Please do,” she exclaimed happily.  “You can watch us promote these songs.  You have to be there.”

“We’ll just have to wait and see what happens,” you say with a sigh.  You look at the clock and you see that the fifteen minutes had passed by too quickly.  You stand up and return the camera to a quiet Jonathan.  “Ok everyone, fifteen minutes are up.”

You laughed again when you heard Dara groan again.

………..

“Bye you guys,” Bom exclaimed.  You laugh as you watch her bounce around the studio excitedly at the news that her manager had just informed them.  “We get an entire week off before promotions.  Do you know what this means?  It means I can sleep in.”

You chuckle softly as you watched her give Dara a happy shake before running out the studio door.  Even though she was four years older than you, it always amazed you how much younger she acted.  You always loved that childish part of her.  The fame hadn’t changed her one bit and you were happy that she stayed the same.  You took a drink from your water bottle before throwing it into your duffle bag.  You shrug on your favorite hoodie before slipping the strap of your duffle bag over your shoulder.  You wait silently for Melanie, Chris and Jonathan to finish packing.

You turned when you heard the door of the studio open up.  The studio’s not booked for another thirty minutes.  You tilt your head to the side as you see a shorter female you didn’t recognize scurry into the dance studio and you hear her call out your name. 

“That’s me,” you answer and you watch the lady motion for you to come forward.  You see her look around nervously at the three other people in the room before looking back at you. 

“Is there something I can help you with?” you ask as you slowly approached the stocky lady.

“Yang Hyun Suk is looking for you,” she answered quietly.  “He wants you in his office immediately.”

Your ears perked up when you heard Yang Hyun Suk’s name.  You nervously fidgeted with the strap of your duffle bag.  You knew from past experience that if Yang Hyun Suk was looking for you, you were in trouble.  The last time Yang Hyun Suk was looking for you and Jiyong, the older man had scolded the both of you for hours about the inappropriate behavior that had been going on in his company.  You smirk when you remembered that it was because you and Jiyong had been caught making out by Sean in one of the empty recording studios and word had gotten back to Yang Hyun Suk.  You also remembered that he forbade you and Jiyong to be alone together for the longest time.  You mentally laughed at the memory before you felt a pain shoot through you at the memory of Jiyong’s soft lips on yours and you instantly lost the smirk. 

“I’ll be there shortly,” you said to the nervous lady and you watched as she scurried back out the door.  You turned to see a confused Melanie, Chris and Jonathan.

“Everything ok?” Jonathan asked.

“Yeah, it’s ok.  Yang Hyun Suk just wants to see me.  Go ahead without me and I’ll see you guys back at the hotel once I’m done,” you answer.  You see them give you a slight nod and you quickly made your way out of the studio and up the elevator to the sixth floor.  It was only the second time that you had visited Yang Hyun Suk’s office since you had returned to Seoul.  Although you had known Yang Hyun Suk since you were sixteen, the man still terrified you and you could feel your heart rate speed up as you got closer to his office.  You hummed nervously as you walked down the lit hallway towards his office and you remembered what Bom had mentioned earlier.  He wants us to promote in Japan afterwards.

You let out a sigh and you feel yourself relax a bit.  Yang Hyun Suk probably only wanted to inform you about the change in plans and you let out a sigh of relief.  Yes, he just probably wants to tell me about the change in plans.

You gently knocked on the door and you hear a muffled call for you to come in.  You slowly open the door and step into the spacious office to find Yang Hyun Suk on the phone.  You gingerly close the door and stand in front of the door until he motioned for you to sit down.

“Finish it and then come up here immediately,” he gruffly commanded into the phone.  You cautiously approached the desk and you see him point to a chair.  You do as he says and sit in the designated chair.  You hear him repeat his command again before hanging up the phone.  You squirm in your seat under Yang Hyun Suk’s intense stare.  “How were rehearsals today?”

“Fine,” you answer.  You apprehensively tug at the hem of your hoodie when you see him nod in response.  “Am I here because there’s been a change in plans?  I was told today that the girls will not be releasing a second mini album this year.  Is that true?”

“Ah, I see that you’ve already heard the news,” he replied.  “I often forget how some of my artist like to gossip.”

“I really wouldn’t call it gossiping,” you replied.

“Speaking of gossip,” he stated with a frown and you feel your stomach clench a bit.  “I heard about an incident that happened last night at Noise Basement.”

“I’m sorry.  It won’t happen again,” you reply.  “It was just a misunderstanding, that’s all.”

“You aren’t seeing this other dancer are you?” you hear him question you. 

“No…no I’m not seeing him,” you answer honestly.  You see him narrow his already tiny eyes and you feel him study you.  You shake your head and whisper softly again this time. “I’m not seeing anyone.  I haven’t seen anyone…anyone since…”

“Jiyong?” he finished your sentence and you nod.  You see his stern features soften and you look down at your fingers to avoid his understanding gaze as you let out a shaky breath.  The two of you sat there in silence until Yang Hyun Suk cleared his throat, making you jump slightly and you looked up to see him staring at you with unreadable eyes.  “I didn’t call you up here just to inform you about the change in 2NE1’s plans.  I have another offer for you.”

“Another offer?” you repeat after him.  “Another offer doing what?”

“To work with another one of my artists of course,” he stated. 

“You want me to work with another group?”

“Not really a group this time,” he replied.  You watch him shuffle some paperwork around before looking back up at you.  “You’d be working with a solo artist this time.  Like 2NE1, he has demanded to work with you also.”

“When would I start?”

“Well the album isn’t scheduled to come out for another month and a half,” you hear him say.  “I am estimating that he would want to start rehearsing in about two weeks.  But of course 2NE1 has requested that you stay and work with them while they do their promotions.”

“They want me to stay?”

“Of course they do and I would like that you stay and oversee that they are executing your choreography correctly and to help them if they have any problems.”

“You said he,” you stated.  You knit your eyebrows as you replayed the conversation and you felt a knowing clench in your stomach.  You bite the inside of your cheek and nervously flick your finger nails as you waited for Yang Hyun Suk to answer.  “This offer to work with another one of your artist.  Who would I be working with?  Who is this he?”

You watched as the older man opened his mouth to speak only to be interrupted with the sound of his office door opening and loud footsteps walk in.  You didn’t bother to turn around because you knew that there was only one person in the whole company that would walk into Yang Hyun Suk’s office without knocking.  You stop breathing as you hear him stop behind you and rest his weight on the back of your chair.  You feel a slight shiver go through you when you get a whiff of his cologne and you hated knowing he still had that effect on you.  You turned around slowly and met the cold gaze of the man you were still in love with.


First off I'd like to say thanks to all my subscribers and readers.  Thank you guys so much. Thank you guys for being so patient.   I love hearing from all my readers and your thoughts.  So please leave a comment and let me know what you guys are thinking.  Thank you guys again!  You guys are the best.