Who Are You?

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

You're nervous and it's causing a gnawing pain to shoot up from the pit of your stomach.  You'd be curled up into a ball and crying from the pain if you weren't waiting for Yang Hyun Suk in his personal office on the sixth floor.  Your knuckles are white from clutching the arms of the chair you were currently sitting in while your feet shook rapidly and you wish that he'd appear before you changed your mind.  Standing up from your seat, you begin to pace the large space on unsteady legs in an attempt to calm yourself.  You run a sweaty hand through your hair and try to learn the art of breathing again.  You stop in midstride when the office door swung open and stared at the older man walking in before giving an awkward bow.  

"There's no need for you to stand there.  You could've sat and waited," he said with a wave of his hand towards the chair.  Only if he knew.  You take small steps to the chair you had occupied minutes before and obediently sat down.  "I was stuck in another meeting."

"It's fine sir," you mumble softly. 

"Sir?  As I've said before, there is no need for formalities," Yang Hyun Suk stated firmly and all you do is nod.  "How are you enjoying being back?"

"It's ok," you lie.

"Have you taken this time to relax?" he asks gruffly.

"Yes, for the most part."

"Have you seen your parents?" you hear him ask.  You're not taken aback by his straight forward attitude, you're more surprised at the question he had fired at you.  Of all the things you thought he'd bring up, you had not expected him to mention your parents.  You watched as the older man cocked an eyebrow and waited for your answer.

"N-no, I haven't."

"You need to do that.  They're worried about you.  Your father said that the..."

"You've spoken to my father?" you ask desperately, hoping for any kind of information about your parents since you had stopped stalking their tiny store.

"I speak to them every once in a while.  I'm aware that the last time you spoke to your father, it didn't go very well," Yang Hyun Suk stated.  "Your mother called me recently though.  She thought she had seen you outside of their shop and asked if you were back." 

"A-are they doing well?"

"As well as they can manage while worrying about their only child," he said with a sad smile.  "You should visit them soon and see for yourself," he directed.

"I will," you promise.

"Make it sooner than later okay?"

"I'll try."

"Fine," he accepted your answer with a quick nod.  "Now about the offer to work with Jiyong.  Have you made a final decision?"

"I-I have," you reply nervously.

"And?"

"I will take the job offer but on one condition."

"And what is this condition?"

"That I can terminate the contract at anytime if I feel that I cannot work with Jiyong anymore," the words tumble out like you had rehearsed while you watch for Yang Hyun Suk's reaction.  As usual, you cannot read the older man's thoughts and you find yourself hoping for any response.  Even an angry one would do.

"Is that the only condition then?"

"Y-yes," you answer hesitantly.

"Fine  then," he declared as he shuffled papers around on his desk.  "The plans have changed slightly.  Jiyong's comeback has been pushed back, therefore it will give you two months to work on the comeback."

"Two months?" you repeat stupidly and you were positive you had a matching expression on your face.  Two months.  You'd be working with Jiyong for at least two months and the probability of it being longer was high.  How were you supposed to work with him for two months?

"Yes, two months.  I believe Jiyong and Teddy just finalized the track list for the album.  We are still currently in talks with the broadcasting stations about a possible show case for Jiyong's comeback.  Although I'm positive we'll be going with what SBS is offering," you listen to him ramble on.  "He'll need a strong comeback after what he's been through these past few years."

He'll need a strong comeback after what he's been through these past few years.  What had Jiyong gone through since you've left?  The list of questions continuously ran through your mind.  Questions you knew you had no right to ask even though you wanted to so badly.  Your thoughts are interrupted at the sound of Yang Hyun Suk clearing his throat and you look up to meet his curious gaze.  "Is there something you'd like to say? Or maybe ask?"

"N-no, I mean yes," you mumble.  "I was wondering if it was possible for me to have one of the dancers that accompanied me, stay and help?"

"I am fine with that as long as it doesn't interfere with the job."

"It won't.  I promise."

"It is settled then.  How are your accommodations?  Are you fine at the hotel or would you like to be moved to an apartment?"

"The hotel is fine.  I'm barely there as it is."

"Alright then," he stated with a glance at his watch.  "If we're done with this meeting and you have nothing more to discuss.  I'll have the contract drawn up and you can sign as soon as it's done."

"Okay, there's no rush."

"Fine.  I'll let Jiyong know of your decision and have him contact you with the title tracks," he says with finality in his voice.  You take it as a hint and begin to stand up to leave only to be stopped by the older man.  "You can ask the question you have been itching to ask," he says with a soft smile and you're once again taken aback.

"W-what?"

"The question about Jiyong.  You've always been horrible at hiding your thoughts.  Go ahead and ask me," he urged and you wonder if you were really that easy to read or if it was one of Yang Hyun Suk's talents.

"Jiyong.  What happened?  What has he gone through since I left that makes you say that he'll need a strong comeback after the past few years.  What happened?" you ask without any shame.

"I will only tell you that Jiyong has had a few trying years but it has made him a stronger and more knowledgeable person," you hear him answer you and it does nothing to quench your curiosity. 

"Thank you," you say with a polite bow and head for the office door.  You're once again stopped when you hear the president speak your name and you face him once again.  "Yes?"

"I'm glad you decided to stay.  You made the right choice," he stated with a large smile which made his eyes disappear before looking away and busying himself with making a phone call.

"I hope so," you whisper quietly to yourself as you made your way out of the office and closed the door gently.  "I really hope so."

………..

You massage your sore muscles as you shuffle into the hotel room and quietly shut the door.  It was quarter after nine and all that was on your mind was taking a hot bath and passing out on the comfortable bed.  After your meeting with Yang Hyun Suk, you had gone down to the dance studio and snuck in thirty minutes of privacy before the first group of trainees had filtered in for a class with you.  Originally, the idea of teaching the trainees had left a bad taste in your mouth due to the fact that you'd have to report back to the president about their progress.  The knowledge that that your critique could ultimately end a trainee's dream terrified you and you were not willing to be the one to crush their dreams.  With that thought in mind, you made the decision to go through the classes without much interaction with the trainees.  The less you interacted, the less likely you'd become attached to them.  Or at least that had been the original plan.  You had it all worked out in your mind until you saw their eagerness to learn and that you were actually enjoyed teaching the classes.  Teaching the trainees left your body tired and aching but happy.

You stifle a yawn while you wander around your room and gather some bath soap, your IPod and the plush hotel robe you had planned on stealing when you left.  You stop in the middle of your trip to the bathroom when you hear a soft knock on your hotel door and let out a groan.

"I heard that so don't pretend you're not in there because I know better," Jonathan yelled from the other side of the door and your shoulders slump.  "Open up the door."

"Open up the door," you mimic him with a grumble and make a face as you head towards the door.  You don't hide your distain for the tall handsome man as you open the door and meet his smiling face.  "Yes?"

"Were you busy?" he asks as he eyes your arm full of bath salts and robe.

"I was just going to take a bath," you answer before stepping aside to allow him enter your hotel room.  You watched him nervously rub his hands on his dark jeans.  "What's up?"

"Chris, Melanie and I are going out to the club tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go?" he questioned you as he turned around and made his way towards the tiny couch.

"I think I'll stay in tonight.  Plus the last time I went to the club with you guys, Chris got attacked," you reply.  You quickly deposit the bath soap, robe and IPod into the bathroom before returning to the mini living room of your suite to find Jonathan studying the forgotten album Teddy had given you.

"What's this?" he asked with a look of confusion.  "Heartbreaker?"

"That is Jiyong's first solo album," you clarify as you sat down on the couch and faced the tall man.

"This is an album?  Wow the packaging is amazing," he stated while examining the album.  "If albums were packaged like this back in the U.S. I'm positive people would be more willing to buy them.  I know I'd be buying more of them.  This is awesome."

"Yeah.  It is awesome."

"So you say this is his first solo album?"

"That's what Teddy said."

"Teddy?  Who's Teddy?" he questioned with a cocked head and a confused look.

"He's the guy who gave me that copy."

"Have you listened to it?"

"Not yet.  I actually forgot all about it," you answer as you pick at the fuzz on your sweater nonchalantly.

"Are you going to listen to it?"

"Eventually," you say quickly which earned you a raised eyebrow from Jonathan.

"Speaking of the ex," he stated as he placed the album back onto the coffee table and faced you.

"Yes?"

"How did the meeting with the president go?"

"It went pretty good.  At least I think so considering that fact that he should be happy since I agreed to take the job," you said matter of fact like.

"So you took the job offer?"

"I did," you say with a stiff smile.  "I'm not sure if I made the right choice but I did."

"Are you scared?  You know, working with him?

"Terrified, actually," you answer honestly.  "I was going to talk about this with you tomorrow but since we're already discussing it.  I know that you are supposed to return to L.A. after this week with Melanie and Chris but I was wondering if you didn't have anything booked, that maybe you'd like to stay and work with me?"

 "I actually have to meet up with Kevin and assist with the workshops in two weeks.  If anything, I can stay until the end of next week" he offers.  "I just need to speak with him about it first."

"Alright.  Plus anything will be helpful," you say graciously.  "So what'd you guys do today?"

"The usual shopping and sight-seeing," he supplied with a smile.  "It was fun."

"What time..." you're interrupted by the ringing of Jonathan's phone.

"It's Chris," he says with a sad smile.  "Are you sure you don't want to go?"

"Positive," you answer.  "I'd rather take a long warm bath."

"Okay then.  I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yep," you say with a nod.  "Have fun and try not to get into any trouble."

"I know I won't but I can't promise that Chris won't," he replies with a chuckle and you laugh along with him.  You follow closely behind him as you walk him to the door and bid him a goodbye. 

Sighing happily, you make your way to the bathroom and fill the bath tub with warm water along with a bit of the bath soap and the smell of lavender filled your nose.  You drag yourself out of the bathroom while the bath tub finished filling.  You stroll into your bedroom and turn your laptop and check your emails.  None.  Frowning, you wander over to where your phone laid and flicked the screen.   No messages.  You didn't know why you did that since you barely ever got messages.  Pursing your lips, you toss the phone back onto the bedside table and ambled out of the bedroom.  On the way back to the bathroom, Jiyong's album caught your eye and you slowly shuffled towards the coffee table.  You stop and stare at the extravagant plastic box before reaching out and picking it up.

"Heartbreaker.  Why did you call it Heartbreaker, Jiyong?" you ask yourself as you turn the box over and over until the writing on the top of the box caught your attention.  For the first time since you received the album you silently read the track list before narrowing your eyes as you read the title of the forth song again.  Butterfly.  Your eyes grow when Teddy's words played in your mind.  Just listen to it.  We both know Ji's better at writing his feelings into lyrics than expressing it out loud.  Just listen to it.  And like a ton of bricks, the realization hit you head on.  This album was about you.  You were the heartbreaker.  Why else would the nickname he gave you be used as the title of a song?  You quickly drop the album and listen as the plastic box hit the coffee table before returning to the bathroom to shut off the running water.

You shed your clothes quickly and try to ignore the heaviness in your chest as the thoughts began to play in your mind.  Butterfly.  It could just be a coincidence.  Right?  Right, you confirm with yourself.  It's just a coincidence.  It's nothing more than a coincidence.  You peek out the bathroom door and stare at the plastic box sitting innocently on the table and you frown.  It felt as if the album called out for your attention now and as you tried to disregard it, the more it called your name.  Shaking your head you march towards the bath tub and sink in it with a relaxed sigh as the warm water covered your sore body.  Reaching over the side of the tub, you pick up your IPod and slip in an ear bud in an effort to silence the love call Jiyong's album seemed to send out to your mind.  Butterfly.  You take in a deep breath and shut your eyes but all that played behind your eyelids was a memory you'd rather not think about. Throwing your head back, you let out an aggravated cry.  Nothing seemed to help and you couldn't stop thinking about the stupid album sitting on the coffee table.

Ripping the ear bud out, you toss it over to where the IPod was sitting before stepping out of the tub and wrapping yourself in the fluffy robe.  You purposefully walked into your room and grabbed your laptop.  You take it into the bathroom and settle it onto the bathroom counter before shuffling over to the coffee table and angrily snatched the album.  You quickly un-box the album and free the CD.  As you walk to back to the bathroom, you take the time to study the blonde Jiyong, who was holding an apple, on the beautifully designed CD and you can't help but admire how amazing he looked.  You slip it into your laptop, search for the forth track and hit replay. 

You slip back into the warm water and you're surprised at the sound of an acoustic guitar welcoming you along with Jiyong singing.  Jiyong used to hate singing.  You remember how much he loathed taking the singing lessons.  It's all about you, my butterfly.  My butterfly.  Butterfly.  And with that, you know for a fact that it was indeed not a coincidence.  This song had been meant for you and you were sure the there were other songs on this album that were also about you.  You close your eyes, allow the soothing music and Jiyong's smooth voice take you on a journey into the past where it was only you and him.

"Jiyong," you exclaimed with a scrunched up face as a shiver went through your body.  "You're breathing too hard."

"Am not,"he denied.  You squirm when you feel him purposely blow hot air onto the back of your neck which in turn made the short hairs tickle you.  You elbow the skinny man and giggle at the rewarding groan of pain echoed in your ear.  "That was mean."

"You deserved it," you snap back.  You grin when he lets out a chuckle.  How you loved hearing him laugh.  It was a lazy Saturday afternoon and luckily you and Jiyong had gotten the weekend off after a week of hard training.  There the two of you were squished onto the living room couch with you wrapped up in his arms, legs tangled and the T.V. blaring in the background.  "Sometimes, I wish we could stay like this forever."

"What do you mean?" he says into your hair.  You turn around in his arms to face him and match his grin with a shy smile.

"I mean like this," you emphasize with a sweep of your arm.  "Just us laying around the apartment with nothing to do.  Nothing to worry about.  This will be a rare thing after you become famous."

"You mean after we get famous," he corrected you.  Saying nothing, you tuck your head underneath his chin and snuggle deeper into his embrace. 

"Jiyong?"

"Hmm?"he replied with a gentle kiss on to the top of your head.

"Why do you love me?"

"Who says I love you?" he smartly asked.  As much as you know he is joking, you can't help but be hurt and so you push yourself away from the warmth of his body only to pulled back.  "Babe, stop, you know I love you so much."

"Jerk," you mumble into his shirt.

"I heard that."

"Good," you say with a pout and silence surrounded the two of you.  You lay there in his arms listening to his heart beat softly and you feel his breathing slow down.  It wasn't until you thought he was sleeping that you voiced the question again.  "Why do you love me?"

"Because," you hear him say sleepily and you're shocked.  "Because you have these eyes that swallow me whole and when I see your smile, I can't seem to breathe.  I love you because you call me out when I'm being an idiot.  You make sure I eat.  But most of all, I love you because I just do.  Because you make me feel complete.  When you're not there, I feel empty.  I know I always want to be with you, holding you, kissing you, bickering with you.  Anything, as long as I'm with you.  I don't ever want to imagine my life without you.  I can't imagine it.  You're like the cool breeze that blows in from the Han River on a warm summer day.  Like the music to my lyrics.  Like...like my butterfly."

"A butterfly?  Really?"

"Yes, a butterfly."

"Why a butterfly?"

"Because, just like a butterfly.  I watch you move and I'm mesmerized like a child watching fluttering butterflies dancing in the sky.  You're delicate, some might even say soft and I always want to protect you.  I never want to hold you too tightly because I'm so afraid that I'd damage those wings of yours but I want to keep you and make sure you'll still free to fly.  At the same time I'm too afraid that you'd fly away.  So you be my butterfly and I'll be your flower," he whispers softly and oddly enough you understand his reasoning.

"I love you," you softly state.

"I love you too," he replied and you hear the sincerity in his voice.  "Only you, my butterfly."

You open your eyes with a shaky breath and stare at the bathroom ceiling while the song drew to a close and then replayed itself for the hundredth time.  The bath water had gone cold and the overflowing bubbles were now non-existent, leaving behind nothing but soap residue.  But you pay no attention to it.  Instead, you're aware of the intense pain throbbing from within your chest cavity.  A pain you can't seem to rid yourself of.  Pushing yourself up, you flip the bath tub plug with your toe, close the shower curtain and rinse the rest of the soap off of you.

Ignoring the playing music you step out of the shower and shrug into the warm robe.  You stare into the mirror and you feel hollow.  Empty.  This was what these memories, the ones you had managed to brush aside, were doing to you.  The memories were slowly eating you inside out, leaving you writing in pain.  With unsure fingers, you run them through your wet tangled hair before tossing it up into a messy bun.  The playing music shut off immediately after you closed the laptop and carried it into your room.  Placing it on top of the dresser, you rummage through the drawers until you pull out a large t-shirt and shorts.    Quickly, you slip on the t-shirt and tug up the shorts before checking your phone once more only to find that you had no messages.  The pain in your chest continued to throb as you turned off the lights, settled yourself into the large bed and snuggled underneath the thick comforter.

You desperately clutch to the overstuffed pillow and close your eyes in hopes that sleep would take you away before your memories got a hold of you once again.  You buried yourself deeper into the bed as the clock on your nightstand ticked away, reminding you of every second that you weren't sleeping.  He'll need a strong comeback after what he's been through these past few years.  Your eyes fly open when your busy mind replayed the conversation you had with Yang Hyun Suk earlier that day.  I will only tell you that Jiyong has had a few trying years but it has made him a stronger and more knowledgeable person.  What did he mean by that?  What has Jiyong gone through?

You can't seem to shut off your mind now as the questions repeated itself.  You lay there as your last hopes for a peaceful slumber flew out the window and the need to feed your curiosity made its presence known.  Turning over you stare at the clock and groan.  Twelve fifteen.  You hated the amount of questions rushing around in your mind.  What aggravated you the most was the knowledge that no one was going to give you a direct answer regarding Jiyong.  Of course, they had every right to not answer them, after all you had no right to ask them in the first place.  You were the one who left.  But their half assed answers wasn't going to calm the raging concern you still felt for Jiyong.  You wanted, no needed, to know what they were talking about.

Flinging the comforter off, you flip the bedside lamp on and climb out of bed.  You rest your eyes on the discarded laptop on top of the dresser as you marched towards it.  You reach for it and hesitate.  After you left Seoul, there had been multiple times you wanted to check up on Jiyong and the guys.  But you couldn't get yourself to do it.  It would've only hurt more, so you did the only thing you could do.  Shut that part of you out.

With trembling hands, you hold onto the laptop and climb back into bed.  You sit with your back resting on the headboard, laptop laying in your lap and your heart beating in your ears.  You turn the laptop on and expertly navigate yourself online.  You pause and stare at the webpage and question your own sanity for wanting to do a search on Jiyong.  You felt like you were going crazy but you knew you wouldn't be able to rest without knowing what he had gone through in the years since you had left.  You place the cursor in the search box and click.  With eyes closed, you quickly type in Jiyong's name and hit the enter button before changing your mind. 

Peeking from one eye you read a few headlines.  Nothing really caught your attention.  A few fan club sites.  A few links to past interviews.  Links to music videos you've never seen.  Edited pictures of Jiyong.  Pictures of Big Bang.  You continued to search through until a headline caught your eyes and you feel the air being kicked out of you.  You reread the headline in hopes that it's just your imagination being worked up due to your lack of sleep.  Nope.  You had read it correctly.  Accused of.  Admitted to.  Jail?  Charges?  Big Bang's G-Dragon.  Scandal.  As if your brain had a mind of its own, you continued to read the articles.  The rumors.  The comments.  Everything.

It hurt you to imagine the all the pain, the hate, the accusations that he had endured.  And your guilt screamed at you.  You weren't there.  You weren't able to shield him from every rock thrown his way much less soften the blows he had received.  The media had hung him up to dry in the public eye and you knew nothing about it.  He had gone through so much in the past few years and you weren't there when he needed you the most.  The guilt, it ate away inside of you as you continued to read the numerous articles.  You had lost count and soon enough they blended together but you continued to examine each of them.

Calmly, you shut the laptop and pushed it aside.  Your head is swirling with every article, every comment, every speculation, everything you had read minutes ago.  You don't know whether to cry for Jiyong or to be angry at the media and you find it hard to breathe.  The walls, they seemed to be caving in and the pressure inside your chest is threatening to explode.  In the dimly lit room, you can't help and think that everything seemed to have shifted closer to you.  It felt like the hotel bedroom shrank and was continuing to shrink.  Hunched over, you clutch at your stomach.  You feel nauseous.  Quickly slipping out of your bed, you bend over the garbage can and the dry heaves violently shake through your sore body.  With one last dry heave, you wipe away the saliva and stand up.

You needed to leave.  You needed fresh air.  You wanted to move.  Anything, as long as you were out of your hotel room.  You didn't care where.  You just wanted out.

You jump out of bed without another thought, you throw on a hoodie, a pair of jeans, socks and tennis shoes.  Slipping your phone into your back pocket, you rush out of the room with your keys in hand and run out of the building.   You slide into your car and begin to drive with no destination in mind.  You don't allow yourself to think.  You don't want to think.  You roll all the windows down and the music is playing so loud you can't understand the words anymore.  But you really don't care.  All you want to do is feel the wind whipping through the car while the music vibrated through you. 

You gradually come to a stop and silence the music when you find yourself in front of the entertainment company.  It seemed funny how in such a short period of time, you found yourself running to it.  Running to a place filled with people who felt nothing more than contempt for you.  The building, it called out to you, like a secret begging to be spilled.  Slowly you pull into the parking lot and climb out of your car.  You take the time to stop and study the building once again before heading in.  You don't head to the dance studio though. 

Instead, you're drawn to the elevator and before you know it, you're standing in it with the third floor button pushed.  You stare stupidly at the accusing number until a ding vibrates in between the walls, signaling that you had reached the destined floor.  Cautiously, you step out and stop while the elevator doors closed behind you.  If you ever want to talk, you can come up to the third floor.  You hear Teddy's offer loop in your memory and you hope he's in his studio.  You really needed to talk to him.  You had questions you wanted to ask and hopefully he'd supply you with honest answers.

The third floor welcomed your presence with silence.  Nothing accompanied you but the green glow of the LED letters on the dark walls while you walked the empty hall.  You stop periodically and read the lighted words to yourself before continuing towards what you could only assume to be Teddy's studio.  It didn't hit you that you were reading song titles until a certain word caught your attention.  A word you had heard too often, as of lately and even in the brightly lit hallway, it taunted you.

"Heartbreaker," you whisper softly while you reached up and ran a gentle finger across the green letters.  Looking away, you quietly returned to your journey to Teddy's studio.  As you neared, muffled music slithered through the crack of the glass door and uncertainty coursed through your veins as you reached for the door handle.  You let out a relieved sigh when you look into the frosted glass door to see a figure sitting in front of computers with his head bouncing along with the music.  You summon the courage, open the door and hurried in before you could change your mind.

"Teddy?  Are you busy?  Can I talk to you?" the questions spill out and you wait for a response.  Your eyes grow as you watched the person in the chair slowly turned and you found yourself face to face with someone other than Teddy.  Someone you should've known would be in the studio at this time of the night.  "J-Jiyong?"

"Teddy stepped out for a minute," the handsome man informed you after turning the music down.  You feel your heart skip a beat as he gave you that lopsided smile you adored.  "You can wait if you want."

"N-no.  It's ok.  I'll.  I'll just go," you stumble with your words as you back up.  Your hands reaching behind you in search of the door handle.  "I can talk to Teddy another time."

"He'll be back soon though."

"It's ok.  It can wait," you say with a shake of your head and you catch a glimpse of something in his eyes.

"So," he says softly.  "You decided to take the job, huh?"

"Y-yeah," you answer.  You studied him and you swear you're seeing stars when he smiles.  You're at a loss for words, so you manage to repeat yourself.  "Yeah."

The two of you stare at each other a thick blanket of silence covered the two of you.  It leaves you feeling uncomfortable.  "I-I guess I should go," you state before turning around to grip the metal door handle.

"Wait," you hear him say.

"What?" you ask while turning back around to face him.  You're stunned to find that he is only a few feet away from you now.

"You're going to need this," he says with a shy smile and a wave of his hand.  It is only then that you noticed his out stretched arm.  "It's a copy of my album."

"Oh.  Oh yeah," you reply before closing the gap and accepting the thin clear case.  Guilt began to eat away inside of you once more as your fingers slightly brush against his and you can't help but notice the tired lines etched into his face.  Before you can say anything, you watched as he spun around and busied himself with the computer.  You knew you needed to say it.  You needed to do it.  "J-Jiyong?" you say in a hushed whisper.

"Yeah?" he says as he met your gaze.

"I'm sorry," you utter softly and you study his unreadable face intently before saying it again.  "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?" he repeats and you continue to search for any sign of an emotion but he remained blank.  The only thing you see is a flicker of something in his eyes.  Something you couldn't quite put your finger on.

"I'm sorry," you apologize again.  "I'm sorry for it all."

"And you think that just because you apologized.  It'll somehow wash everything away?" he states.  "Did you expect me to just accept your apology?"

"N-no," you stutter.  Although Jiyong's face was void of any type of emotion, you can hear the anger in his controlled voice.

"Because forgiving is a hard thing to do.  You know that right?"

"I-I know.  I just wanted to apologize for...for everything."

"For what?" he repeated you again. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there.  I'm sorry for everything you've gone through these past years.  I'm sorry," you answer and you know he's fighting hard to hide the fury he's feeling.  The angry tick of his jaw gives him away and you slowly back away as he inched closer to you.

"You should be" the pain in his voice is raw and it rips through you, making you wince.  He's standing in front of you now and you can't help but wonder how he had moved so quickly without you noticing.  He's so close, you can feel the rage permeating off of him.  "You should be sorry."

"I am.  I am sorry.  So sorry," you reply honestly and for the first time you witnessed the pain he kept inside.  "I wasn't there."

"No, you weren't there were you?" he yelled as he angrily wiped away the tears.  His bony finger jabbing into your chest.  "You should've been there.  I needed you.  I needed you so much and you left me.  Left me.  How could you do that?  You weren't there.  Dammit, you weren't there when I needed you.  I hate you so much."

"Ji-"

"No," he interrupted you with a shout.  "You're going to listen to me now.  I hate you.  Two weeks.  Two weeks before our wedding.  Two ing weeks and you left me with nothing but a damn note.  It hurt so much.  Don't you know how much it hurt?  Why?  Why did you leave like that?  Why would you do that? How could you just leave?  You were my life."   You had been expecting this confrontation and yet you were stunned.  You do nothing as he yelled and threw up his arms.  " But now that you're back.  I'm going to make you feel the pain I felt.  How does that sound?  I'm going to make you hurt like you hurt me."

And with that he closed the space between the two of you and you flinch as he brought a gentle hand up to your face.  You're taken aback when he wiped away the tears that you silently cried.  You're even more surprised when you see his face soften up.  "You haven't changed much at all.  You're so beautiful, it makes my heart hurt and it leaves me questioning my own sanity.  Do you know why?"

"N-no," you croak out.

"Because as much as I hate you.  All I want to do is be near you again.  I want to taste you again.  I want to see if you still taste as sweet as honey," he whispered softly and you instinctively close your eyes as his lips hovered above yours.  A quiet sigh escapes from between your lips as his fingers found their way to the crook of your neck.  His soft lips crush down on yours while his arm s around your waist, pulling you closer to his body and you automatically mold yourself to Jiyong.  Every fiber in your body screamed for you to stop.  Instead, you wrap your arms behind his neck with a moan as he deepened the kiss. 

Nothing existed in that moment except for the feeling of Jiyong's lips on yours and your bodies pressed together.  As wrong as it was, you cherish the feeling of him for a second before pushing him away.  You both stood still, both breathing hard.  Shame was written on both yours and Jiyong's faces as the two of you jumped further apart as the studio door swung open.

"Jiyong?" A chill ran through you at the sound of a female's soft voice questioned quietly.  Still breathing heavily, you spin on your heels to meet the confused gaze of a beautiful dark haired girl.

"Narumi," you hear Jiyong state shakily.  "What are you doing here?"

"I took an earlier flight," she answered happily and you look from the gorgeous girl and Jiyong.  She must've read the confusion on your face as she turned and faced you.  You're surprised when she held out her hand towards you with a warm smile.  "Hi there, I'm Narumi.  I'm Jiyong's girlfriend.  Who are you?"