Only Kwon Jiyong

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

Yay!  AFF is back.  I've missed it.  I came on and found that my latest chapter went missing.  I wanted to let everyone who commented and subrcribed before AFF went offline, I  read them and thank you guys for commenting and subscribing.  Again thanks to hellhathfury for agreeing to be my beta.  


" you Kwon Jiyong," you snarl in return.  You could feel the trainees watch your every move and you were furious at Jiyong but more than anything, you were hurt.  You turned around swiftly and returned to the spot you had once occupied beside Jonathan.  You bite into the side of your cheek as you seethed.  You checked the time on the clock and took a drink out of your water bottle before moving once again.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'll be fine," you reply as you bend down and place the water bottle next to your duffle bag before handing Jonathan the video camera and faced the group of quiet trainees.   You clap your hands and you see the trainees instantly return to their places on the dance floor.  "Ok everyone, we'll go through it one more time."

You watched as Jonathan knowingly made his way to the computer and waited for your signal.  You stood in front of the trainees and faced them before giving Jonathan a quick nod and soon enough music flowed through the speakers and flooded the studio.  You studied each of the trainees and made a mental list of the ones who needed more help.  You attempt to ignore Jiyong's presence and you refuse to acknowledge the slight shiver that ran through your body, knowing that he was following your every move.  You look up briefly and meet Jiyong's cold eyes before returning your attention to inspecting the trainees until the music came to a slow end.

"Good job everyone.  There are a few of you who need help but overall, you all did extremely well.  That will be all for today and have a great day," you yell with a smile.  You return to the back of the dance studio where Jonathan had been filming and you watched as the trainees filed out of dance studio.  You continue to ignore Jiyong's presence as you began to clean up the studio once all the trainees were gone.  "Jonathan can you grab the stack of CDs on the desk over there and bring it to me?"

"Sure thing boss," Jonathan replied with a salute and a smile as he jogged over to the computer and you couldn't help the smile that wanted to appear on your face as you finish cleaning up and pack your duffle bag.  You play with the cap of your water bottle and watch Jonathan come back to you with a handful of CDs.  You see him smirk before handing them over to you.  "Don't you ever get tired of carrying around so many CDs?  I don't know if you know this, but a while back they invented this thing called a USB drive."

"Oh yeah?" you laugh at the smart comment and shoved the stack of CDs into your duffle bag, thankful that Jonathan was helping you ignore Jiyong.  "Please tell me more about these things called USB drives."

"Well you see their about...eh...I'd say like this big," Jonathan said as he brought up his two hands and showed you the size of what a usual USB drive would be.

"They seem really small."

"They may seem small but they are still really great to have around.  Remember some of the best things come in small packages," Jonathan replied and you arched an eyebrow at him.

"Really?  So are you trying to convince me or are you trying to convince yourself of something that is entirely not related to USB drives?" you retort with a small laugh.

"That's-that is not what I was implying.  I-I was talking...talking about USB drives.  I was saying they're really small but they hold...they hold a lot of stuff," you can't stop your laughter from bubbling over when you see Jonathan turn red.  "I-I was talking about USB drives."

"Sure sure," you tease with a smirk.

"What I was," Jonathan exclaimed.  The teasing was interrupted by the sound of Jiyong's loud and over exaggerated coughing and both you and Jonathan turned to look at the coughing man.  You meet Jiyong's angry eyes and you throw him a glare in return before turning back around.  You give Jonathan a shake of your head that was accompanied with a roll of your eyes while Jonathan arched an eyebrow at you.  Before you could continue on your teasing, Jonathan's phone went off and he gave an apologetic look. 

"Go ahead and answer it," you urge him and spin around to zip up your duffle bag.  You looked back up as Jonathan ended his phone call.  "Chris and Melanie?"

"Yeah.  They're waiting outside for me," you listen and nodded in understanding.  "Why don't you come with us?"

"I don't think so Jonathan.  I just want to go home and sleep."

"Are you sure?  You know I can call them back and cancel."  You watched as Jonathan looked at you and then behind you at Jiyong and back at you and you understood what he had been trying to get at.

"Thank you but I'll be fine Jonathan," you replied.

"If you need me just call me ok?"

"Ok Jonathan.  Now go before they decide to call-," you're interrupted at the sound of Jonathan's phone ringing again and you laugh.  "Just go."

"Alright.  Remember anything, just call."

"Got it," you say and watch as Jonathan made his way around a seething Jiyong and out the dance studio door. 

"Is he your new boyfriend?" You pay no attention to Jiyong as you do one last look around the dance studio and notice your forgotten hoodie sitting a few feet away from you.  You quickly walk over to pick up your hoodie and toss it on top of your duffle bag before facing Jiyong.  "Answer me dammit.  Who is he?"

"Why are you still here Jiyong?  Shouldn't you be doing something other than bothering me?"

"So is he the one you're ing now or do you just enjoy flirting with every man?"

"Go away Jiyong.  I'm not in the mood for this right now," you snap back as you brush aside the loose strands of your hair and glare at Jiyong. 

"So tell me sweetheart.  Is he better than me?"

"That is none of your business."

"You are my business."

"The hell I am Jiyong," you huffed.  You angrily reach up and rip out the hair tie holding your hair back and retie it back up into a pony tail as you glowered at Jiyong.  You're confused when you see Jiyong's fierce stare soften and you're even more taken aback when Jiyong strode up to you.  "Wha-what are you doing Jiyong.  You're in my personal space."

"Did I do that to you?" Jiyong softly asked you and you look up at your exposed arm.  You had forgotten all about the four bruises on the inside of your arm that had appeared shortly after Jiyong dragged you out of Noise Basement and you instantly dropped your arms.  You clamp your arms against your body when Jiyong reached for your arm again.

"Stop it Jiyong," you ground out and jerk out of his grasp.  You scowled at Jiyong's strength when he pulled you closer to him and pried your arm from your body.  "I said stop it Jiyong.  I'm fine."

"I forgot how easily you bruise," Jiyong stated quietly as he stared down at your arm.  You ignore the electricity running through your body when Jiyong gently ran his fingers up and down the bruises that had just begun to fade.  "I'm sorry.  I was out of line that night.  It's just..."

"It's fine Jiyong," you reply.  You push Jiyong away and refused to look at the skinny man who still made your heart beat fast.  You turn away and reach for your hoodie and threw it on before looking back up at Jiyong who had been watching your every move.  "Why are you here Jiyong?  Don't you have a solo album you should be working on?  A photo shoot to do?  A CF to film?"

"Not until later," you hear Jiyong reply.  "I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have grabbed you that hard.  You always bruised like a peach.  I was just so angry."

"It doesn't matter anymore Jiyong."

"Yes it does."

"Just forget it."

"I can't just forget it."

"Why Jiyong?  Why are you doing this?" you ask as you throw your hands up in the air. 

"What?  What am I doing?"

"Why won't you just stay away from me Jiyong?  Everyone wants me to stay away from you.  Why won't you just let me stay away?"

"Who wants you to stay away from me?"

"Instead of asking that why don't you ask for a list of the people who want me to see you again.  I'm positive that list is shorter than the list of the ones who have told me to stay away from you."

"Tell me who."

"It would be better for me to stay as far away from you as possible.  It doesn't matter anyways Jiyong."

"It matters to me.  Because you matter to me," Jiyong yelled and you watched as a frustrated Jiyong ran a hand through his hair.  "So ing stubborn."

"That's right.  I am stubborn," you reply as you walked to the bench and grabbed the water bottle next to your duffle bag.  You take a drink from the water bottle and stare at Jiyong.  The both of you stood there in silence until the telling ring of your phone sliced through the silence.  You slip your hand into the pocket of your duffle bag and extract your phone to find a text message from Jonathan.

"Back to your boyfriend," Jiyong snarled.  You bite the side of your cheek as the anger laced words stab your heart.  "You never answered me.  Is he better than me?"

"Shut up Jiyong," you spat back.  "What does it matter to you anyways?"

"Because when it comes to you, it matters," Jiyong replied softly and you feel like you're drowning in his beautiful eyes.  You feel the room shrink and you're suffocating, so you tear your gaze away from his.

"Jiyong," you whisper as you wonder to yourself how someone could affect you in such a way.  But Kwon Jiyong could always make your heart speed up.  You close your eyes as Jiyong reached up and ran a gentle hand down the side of your face before coming to a stop and cupping your chin.  Only Jiyong knew how to touch you and you hated how weak you felt the moment you opened your eyes and found Jiyong hovering over you.  You shivered slightly when Jiyong gently your bottom lip.  You drew in a shaky breath and pushed Jiyong away once again.  "Stop.  I can't do this.  I can't."

"Why?  Because of your boyfriend?" Jiyong snarled as he advanced towards you.  You could feel the anger permeating off of him and you struggled to breathe correctly.

"Stop it Jiyong," you yell as you continued to push Jiyong away from you before sitting down beside your duffle bag.  You drop your head into your waiting hands and let out a frustrated scream.  "Why can't you just stop?"

"Not until you say you'll work with me," you hear Jiyong say and you're stunned.  You look up and stare up at Jiyong.

"Wha-what?"

"I'll leave once you tell Yang Hyun Suk you're going to work with me."

"You've got to be kidding me right?" you ask a stone faced Jiyong.  You shake your head in amazement.  Only Kwon Jiyong would have the gall to do something like this. 

"Take the job offer."

"Or what Jiyong?  Tell me, why do you want me to work with you so badly?" you question Jiyong and once more you watched as his features soften and you're afraid.  You really weren't sure why you were so afraid or why you were holding your breath but you were.  "Why Jiyong?  Why me?"

"Because it's been four years and I want to know how my best friend is.  I miss my best friend.  I miss you," Jiyong replied softly and you feel the air rush out of your lungs.

"Jiyong-ah," you murmur.

"Just say yes.  Please?" you hear him plead.

"There's so many people who...who don't want me to..."

"Let me deal with them."

"It's not a good idea."

"Think about it then."

"You just wanted me to accept it a minute ago and now you're telling me to think about it?"

"Just think about it.  Say you'll think about it."

"Jiyong."

"Think about it," Jiyong ground out in a low tone.  "Please?"

"Fine Jiyong," you answer slowly.  "I'll think about it."

"Ok," Jiyong stated triumphantly and you frowned at your heart as it kicked back up and began to beat erratically at the sight of Jiyong's smile.

"Are you done then Jiyong?  May I leave now?" you ask.  You stand up and slip on your hoodie before slinging the strap of your duffle bag over your shoulder and look at him.  You don't wait for him to answer and make your way past a silent Jiyong and towards the door of the dance studio.

"Wait," you stop in front of the door and pursed your lips at the sound of Jiyong's voice as it echoed through the room.  You turned around when you hear the telling squeak of Jiyong's name brand sneakers glide along the polished floor.

"What now Jiyong?" you asked with an exaggerated sigh.  You watched as Jiyong rummaged through his pockets in search for something and you're confused when he extracted familiar keys.  Keys you had left behind the day you left Seoul.

"I thought I should give these back to you since you're back and they belong to you," Jiyong stated as he grabbed a hold of one of your hands and promptly dropped the keys into your palm.  You instinctively close your hand and grip the set of keys.

"My car keys.  How long...when?"

"The day you left.  I found your car sitting in the airport parking lot.  How could you leave the keys in your car with the doors unlocked?  Don't you know someone could've stolen it?" Jiyong scolded you.  "You can still drive right?"

"Yes..yes," you stuttered.

"Then you can have them back and take it off my hands."

"Why?"

"Because it's not safe for anyone to walk around at night and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Let me guess Teddy told you."

"I have my sources."

"Teddy."

"Maybe.  Anyhow, you'll find her sitting down in the parking lot.  I've made sure she had the proper oil changes and a regular check up.  She should be ready to go," Jiyong said with a small smile and you felt your heart give a slight squeeze.

"Thank you Jiyong," you say gratefully with a smile of your own.  You give your hand another squeeze to see if you were really just dreaming this.  The metal keys had quickly warmed up in your hand and your smile grows.  "Thank you so much Jiyong."

"You're welcome and just think about it ok?  I'd like to work with the best," Jiyong responded and you hesitate before giving him an unsure nod.  You turn around and reach for the door knob only to once again be stopped when you heard Jiyong utter your name which made you promptly turn around and face him.

"Yes Jiyong?"

"I'm glad you're back.  I-I," you hear him say and your heart stops beating as your body fights to breathe.  "I know it's late but welcome back."

"Thank you Jiyong," you softly whisper.  You turn back around and open up the studio door before turning back around and facing him.  "Bye Jiyong."  You quickly walk through the door and gently close the door and release the breath of air you had been holding in.  In a confused daze you made your way out of the building and stopped when you remembered the car keys in your hand. 

You walked around the building to the parking lot and looked around and just like Jiyong had stated, your car sat snuggly in between two expensive looking cars.  Although your car was older and probably worth less than a quarter of the other cars sitting in the parking lot, you'd have to say it was the best one in the parking lot.  You smile to yourself as you slowly approach your car and just like old times, you slip the key into the driver side door and unlock the door with a click.  You toss your duffle bag into the passenger side before sliding into the seat.  You look around your old car and you feel at home.  You set your hands on the steering wheel and clench it before dropping them down into your lap as you continued to look around the clean car.  Jiyong had indeed kept your car clean and maintained.  You stick the key into the ignition and you stop to listen the car purr to life and you the steering wheel and dashboard.  You fiddle with the radio before expertly maneuvering yourself out of the parking lot and blend in with traffic. 

"What are you planning Jiyong?" you whisper to yourself as you lose yourself in your own thoughts, your fingers tapping along with the music playing on the radio.  You mentally replay your conversation with Jiyong in the dance studio and you couldn't understand why he was being so nice to you.  "What is going on in that mind of yours Jiyong?"

"I'm glad you're back."

"What are you doing Jiyong?  You're supposed to be angry.  Why are you being so nice?" you speak softly to yourself.  You scowl as Jiyong's smiling face appeared in your mind and you give your head a quick shake to clear it.  You were preparing yourself for every encounter you had with Jiyong to be a bad one and the one you had in the dance studio threw you off and surprised you.  Truthfully you didn't know how to respond or how to react.  All in all, you were shocked and confused.  "You're supposed to be mad at me Jiyong.  What are you doing?"

"I miss my best friend."

You ignore the passing hotel as you continued to drive the busy streets of Seoul and mused over Jiyong and his odd behavior.  Jiyong's voice echoed through the tiny car and your frown deepened.  Best friend.  Of all the things you figured he would call you, best friend was not one of them.  It had been a long time since anyone referred you as their best friend and you lose yourself in a memory of a certain skinny, crooked tooth, boy grinning and calling you his best friend.

You let out a sigh of relief as your sweaty body connected to the cold hard wooden floor of the dance studio.  You groan from the pain shooting up your legs.  You close your eyes and laugh as the back of Jiyong's head found it's place on your stomach.

"Jiyong-ah your head is heavy," you complained and you hear him laugh at your poor attempt to push his head off of your stomach.

"You love my heavy head,"he says.  You crack open an eye and arch a brow towards him only to see a smirk appear.

"Yeah but not right now," you reply with an exaggerated huff.  You try again to push his head off of you before giving up and placing your hands on top of Jiyong's face.  "Fine.  If you aren't going to move, I'll just leave my hands right here."

"Ok," you hear Jiyong say with a smile.  You let your hands wandered around Jiyong's face and trace the face you had imprinted in your mind.  You smile as you caressed his baby soft skin.  Your fingers drag across his eyebrows and dance their way to his closed eyes.  You follow the bridge of his nose and pinch.  To your delight, you feel him scrunch up his face and the sound of his protest as you squeeze again.  You move from his nose and your fingers outline the soft lips you love kissing and you smirk when you feel them pucker and give your fingers a kiss.  You move your hands away from Jiyong's face and slip your fingers through his sweat drenched hair.  You jump slightly when you feel Jiyong's hand covers yours and return it to his face.  You smile once more as you feel him cover your hands with kisses before stopping.  "Hey babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Has anyone told you that you have huge hands?" your eyes open automatically and you glare down at an amused Jiyong.  You attempt to pull your hands out of Jiyong's and you feel him tighten the clutch he currently had on your hand and you scowl.

"Kwon Jiyong, I do not have big hands," you exclaimed.  You curl your fingers and try once more to tug your hand out of his grip.  You pout when you feel Jiyong pull them closer to him and pry open your hand before placing a soft kiss in the middle of your palm.  "I'd like to have my huge hands back Jiyong."

"But I love your huge hands,"you hear him say and you scowl at the smug look on his face.  "Just like how you love my heavy head."

"They're not big," you say with a pout. 

"No they're not big.  They're just perfect,"he murmurs.  You watched as Jiyong puckered up to give them another kiss before he slipped his fingers in between yours.  Jiyong gave you a tender smile and placed your intertwined hand on his chest and closed his eyes and you followed suit.  You close your eyes and enjoy the comfort that Jiyong brought you.  You stop and listen to the hum of the building while your breathing matched Jiyong's and you feel a sense of peace over come you. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being there.  For believing in me.  For sticking with me when others left,"Jiyong whispered quietly.  "Thank you for being my best friend."

"Your best friend?  Isn't that title taken by Youngbae?" you tease.

"It's different.  He's my best guy friend,"Jiyong argued and you open your eyes when feel Jiyong's head shift off of you and loosen his grip on your hand.  You watched as Jiyong rolled onto his stomach and stared at you.  "You're my best girl friend."

"I better be the only girl friend," you state and you laugh when you see him groan at your lame joke before laying his head back down onto your stomach.  "I'm just kidding Jiyong.  You're my best friend too."

"I love you baby."

"I love you too Jiyong."

You let out a shallow breath and feel your heart shatter as you pull yourself out of the memory.  You safely pull yourself over to the side of the road and run a hand through your hair.  For the first time since you climbed into the car, you smell a scent that had been burned into your senses.  It smelled of cologne, musk  and a iness that belonged to Jiyong.  You try to suppress the tears threatening to flow.  Your lips quiver and you hate yourself for torturing yourself with all the memories.  You attempt to fight the tears but the more you fought, the more they wanted to escape until finally you gave in.  You curled up into the driver's seat and let the tears flow.

You slowly reach over to the passenger side and rummage through your duffle bag.  Through the tears, you manage to find your phone and scroll through your contacts list.  You wipe away the rolling tears and continue to scroll until you found the name you were searching for.  You take a deep breath and select the call button and press the phone to your ear.  You listen to it ring as you beg for your call to be answered.  You struggle to breathe while wiping away the tears and your running nose as it continued to ring.  You give a thankful sigh when you hear the voice on the other end of the phone answer.

"Can you come get me?  Please?" you begged.  "Please?"