Up To Par....

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

“This next floor is where you will be spending most of your time,” Yang Hyun Suk says before stepping out of the elevator and you and Melanie follow closely behind him.   “This is where the dance studios are and right next to them is the cafeteria.”

You follow him down the hall into what looked like the cafeteria.  You admire the waterfall wall in the cafeteria and you notice that even the design inside of the new building also screamed Yang Hyun Suk.  After agreeing to work with 2NE1, Yang Hyun Suk offered to give you and Melanie a tour.  You only accepted after he reassured you that Jiyong was out doing a schedule and you wouldn’t see him today.  The fact that he emphasized on today did not escape you and you knew exactly what he had meant by emphasizing it.  Sooner or later, you knew that Jiyong would eventually find out that you were back in Seoul and was back in the same building as him.  It was Yang Hyun Suk’s way of reminding you to be prepared for the fury you would feel once Jiyong found out. 

Regardless of Jiyong not being there physically, he was everywhere.  The speakers that were strategically place throughout the building played songs he had written.  His voice along with the members of Big Bang and other famous YG artists serenaded you as you toured his second home.  Even outside of Yang Hyun Suk’s office was a wall that was obviously dedicated to all the famous artist of YG.  Your eyes had automatically sought out for his and you studied his picture.  He must have gone blonde at the time and was wearing a red and black ensemble that you were positive would have looked ridiculous on anyone else and yet he looked beautiful in it.  In this picture he had been holding an apple and Yang Hyun Suk must have seen the confused look on your face because he mumbled something about solo promotions. 

The picture next to his was a picture with all of the Big Bang members and Jiyong had looked glorious in it too and it felt as if in this picture, Jiyong looked as if he had been reaching out for you.  You had to fight the urge to reach out and touch the glass.  You took the time to study that picture also and you had to admit that all of the Big Bang members had looked good in it.  They had grown up and matured also.  No longer were they the awkward group of boys trying to find their niche in the hip hop world.  They had finally found their own color and they looked pretty good.

Through the entire tour of the new YG building you had ignored the knowing glances made your way and you had been questioning yourself whether or not you had made the correct choice to stay.  Yang Hyun Suk had offered you an easy way out and yet you refused to take it.  You weren’t sure if it was the glint in his eye or the need to finally face what you had been running away from but you hoped that you made the right decision.  You jump when you feel someone nudge you and look up to see that you had followed Yang Hyun Suk into a dance studio and you were positive he had asked you a question because both Melanie and Yang Hyun Suk were staring at you intently.

“I’m sorry,” you managed to stutter.  “What did you say?”

“The man I spoke to on the phone, he said there would be four of you but there are only two of you.  Where are the other two dancers?” you winced as you hear the slight irritation in his voice and you cleared your throat before answering.

“There will be four of us.  They will be arriving within the next few days.  They had prior arrangements that needed to be finished first, so for now it will be just Melanie and I,” you say as you looked around the dance studio.  You admire the clean wooden floors and the flawless glass walls.  The dance studio was large, the design was simple and the lighting was perfect.  Yang Hyun Suk had made sure that everything was perfect.  You walked through the room and you run your fingers along the row of cushioned seats while you remembered another dance studio where the walls were covered with promotional posters of various YG artists and a young boy staring at them.  You then remember the long nights waiting for the same boy and his best friend to wipe down the floors with cleaning spray and newspapers before calling it a day.  You remember the boy with the crooked tooth once vow to be as famous as those on the wall and that one day millions would scream his name.  He had succeeded.

You jerked around when you hear the door of the dance studio open and see Lee Jae Wook, YG’s main choreographer and someone you knew very well, walk in to the studio.  You see him stiffen at the sight of you but neither of you had a chance to do or say anything because following him was a hoard of, what you suspected, new trainees.  You sense the curious stares directed towards you and the quiet whispers wondering who you were and why you were with Yang Hyun Suk.  You hear Jae Wook yell out to the trainees to warm up before making his way towards you.  You see him study you behind narrowed eyes and a set frown on his face and you back up a few steps.  You can feel the air around him change and you sense the anger permeating off of him as he stood in front of you.  The both of you jump when you hear Yang Hyun Suk clear his throat and turn to look at him.

“Jae Wook,” you hear him say sternly.  “We spoke about this.  You were well aware that she was coming and you agreed that she would be good for 2NE1.”

“It’s different,” you hear him spit out angrily.  “It’s different when I’m facing the person who ruthlessly ripped out his heart and stepped on it before selfishly leaving and letting everyone else pick up the pieces.”

You cringe as you hear the anger that was laced into his words and you hear Yang Hyun Suk clear his throat again.  You interrupt him this time before he could stand up for you again. 

“You’re right,” you slowly say as the rage built a home inside of you.  “You’re right about it all.  I left for my own selfish reasons but when I left him, I knew that there were going to be people, a family here at YG that would always pick him up and support him.  Don’t you remember Jae Wook; I didn’t have a family here anymore.  As I recall you saying to me that I wasn’t up to par to the high standards of YG and turned your back on me.  You said I would never fulfill my dreams of being a dancer and that I should just feel lucky that he chose me to marry him, so I should tie him down quickly and have his babies.  Isn’t that what you said?”

You hear an audible gasp echo through the spacious studio and you face a flabbergasted Jae Wook as he remembered the words that he had once uttered to you.  You angrily turn on your heel and walk out of the dance studio before Jae Wook could do anything and before anyone could see the silent tear sliding down your cheek.  You hastily wipe away the lone tear as you hear the door behind you open and Melanie emerge from the dance studio.

“You ok?” you hear her softly ask you as she gently places a comforting hand on your shoulder and you nod at her.  “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, yeah I’ll be fine,” you say.  You weren’t sure if you were trying to reassure yourself or her but it worked.  It worked a little bit at least.  You take in a deep breath and slowly let it out and glance back at Melanie and threw her the brightest smile you could muster.  She gave you an unsure smile in response.

“You said this was the first time you’ve been back to Korea but why do I get the feeling you know these people and that they know you?  It’s not even just those guys in there.  I mean the guy that picked us up at the airport, he was rather cold towards you and the people we’ve passed in the hallways, it’s like they know who you are and just like that guy in there, they’re not happy to see you.  Why is that?”  

“It’s nothing,” you say with a sigh and you try to avoid the question.  You remembered then that Melanie didn’t understand a single word in Korean so she had no idea about what truly transpired between you and Jae Wook and you let out a sigh of relief.  You stop in mid sigh as you see the suspicion written on her face and you try to reassure her once again.  “It’s ok really.  It’s nothing.  He’s nothing.  He’s someone I once knew in the past.”

“Remind me to pick up a copy of Korean for Dummies when we have some free time,” she says and you laugh at her before promising to remind her.

You mentally made a note to prepare yourself for more angry confrontations.  The rage you had experienced from Jae Wook was nothing compared to what you would receive with the one you had hurt the most.  You weren’t sure if you were ready to face Jiyong yet and you knew that none of the confrontations you were going to experience would ever prepare you for the fury that you were positive Jiyong felt for you.  


I just wanted to say thank you too all my subscribers and silent readers.  I really hope to hear from all of you guys.  Thank you again and I really hope you are enjoying my updates.  :D