You

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

 

First off I want to say thank you for being so patient.  I know I'm horrible.  I'm sorry I've been so slow on updating.  This next chapter isn't as long as the other chapters but I hope you still enjoy it.  Again I'm waiting to hear back from a friend of my roommate's who is currently looking at my laptop.  I really hope you guys enjoy it.  Please let me know.  Please excuse the grammer issues.  I will have to come back and fix them.  I'm going to be going to bed now since it's like three thirty in the morning and I have to work.  


You slowly move away from the middle of the dance floor and walk over to where the computer and stereo was.  You quickly turned off the computer and ejected the CD from the stereo and then again faced the hooded figure.  You pursed your lips before letting out a sigh.  You pursed your lips as you studied the angry smile sitting on Teddy's face.  You take a step back as he stepped forward and you saw him stop and give you a questioning look.  You look away as you brush back the pieces of hair that had managed to come free out of your ponytail.  You hear the quiet shuffling of footsteps and you watched in the mirror as Teddy silently made his way to the bench behind you.  You continued to watch as he shoved your duffle bag aside and sat down before patting the spot beside him.  You hesitate and you see him pat the spot again although this time it was louder and firmer unlike the one from before.  You bite the inside of your cheek and obediently sat down beside the older man.  Neither of you spoke as you fidgeted with your fingers as the silence smothered you.

"I hear you've done well for yourself," he quietly stated and you're startled as his voice interrupted the silence.  You look down at your fingers and silently nodded, afraid to answer.  "I should have spoken to you that night at NB but I had to stop Jiyong from doing something stupid."

"It's ok," you whispered back.  "I understand."

"But I guess that's just another excuse because I could've come down here and talked to you too."

"It is really ok Teddy."

"To be honest I didn't know what to say to you.  I wanted to shake you and hug you at the same time," Teddy stated and you're surprised to hear what he said.  You try to mask your surprise but like always Teddy saw and you hear him chuckle to himself.  "Don't look at me like that."  And with that the silence returned.  You stared ahead at the mirror and you are met with your reflection while Teddy leaned back and closed his eyes, stealing a moment of rest and you follow his lead.  You also lean back, rest your head on the wall and close your eyes and clear your mind of the memories that had been haunting you.

"He changed," you slowly open your eyes as you hear him speak softly.  You feel your heart clench as you turned to stare at the still resting Teddy.  "Jiyong, he changed after you left." 

"Everyone changes Teddy," you quietly whisper.

"No," he replied as he furrowed his closed eyebrows along with a shake of his head.  "He changed.  He became cold, hard and distant.  He wasn't the Jiyong we all knew.  He pushed himself to the point where he over exhausted himself and then he would push himself farther.  When you left, he lost that sparkle he always had when he was around you.  He lost that happiness."

You listened to Teddy talk as you thought about the Jiyong you had once known.  The Jiyong that had been so full of warmth and life and you blamed yourself for being the reason for his change.   "I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry Teddy."

"You did what you felt you had to do.  You can't change your decisions and you'll never be able to change the way others reacted to your decision.  You've done really well for yourself and you should be proud of it.  I'm not saying that what you did was the right thing to do nor am I going to be angry at you.  Don't get me wrong, like everyone else, I was angry when I found out you had left but I'm willing to understand why you did it," you hear Teddy say and you continued to fiddle with your fingers.  "The way you left was cowardly and you should have never left like that.  You just packed up and left a note saying goodbye.  It was cowardly.  You should have stayed and tried to work it out with Jiyong."

"I never fit in his plan Teddy," you replied sadly to see Teddy crack open an eye and you shiver at the coldness you read in his dark eyes.  "He had it all planned out and I never fit in it.  I knew I'd never be good enough and sooner or later I'd just disappoint him.  I couldn't disappoint him."

"He loved you," Teddy quietly stated as he slowly closed his eyes once again.  "Believe it or not he would have given everything away just to keep you in his world."

"But I didn't want him to give up anything."

"No, you only made him give up his entire world," Teddy replied and you sigh.  "You were his world.  You were what made him happy."

"He was better without me.  I would've only dragged him down.  We were both too young to settle down and he had so much more things going for him.  I mean look at him now.  He's famous and he…he looks happy."

"Looks can be deceiving.  It's been a few tough years.  He could've used your strength," Teddy stated simply.  You turned to look at the older man.  You stretch your legs and fidget as your heart and mind fought on whether you had any right to ask him what he had meant.  You once again turned to look at the man resting against the dance studio wall and you open your mouth to ask only to close it once again.  You repeated this motion a few more times before your mind won and you sighed in defeat as you laid your head back up against the wall.  The two of you sat in silence while until you heard him let out a sigh and you cracked open an eye to find Teddy sitting up.  You followed his lead and you too sat up and stared at your hands sitting in your lap and look up when Teddy let out a groan of pain as he slowly stood up and met Teddy's understanding gaze.  "It's good to see that you're doing well.  It really is.  I knew you'd be fine.  I just wish it had gone differently."

"Me too Teddy.  Me too," you reply honestly as you offer Teddy a sad smile.  You stand up and quickly toss the sweat drenched towel and water bottles into your waiting duffle bag before slipping on your hoodie and slinging the duffle bag over your shoulder.  You follow Teddy to the door of the studio and take one last look around to make sure you weren't forgetting anything before turning off the lights and making your way out.  The two of you walked down the hallway in silence and you look up in surprise as you noticed that Teddy walked past the elevator and continued to walk along with you.  You knit your eyebrows in confusion and look at the hooded man only to receive a crooked smile.  "You never leave this early.  The sun's not up yet."

"No, not leaving just yet," Teddy said with a grin.

"Where are you going then?"

"Making sure nothing happens to you."

"What?"

"I value my life too much," you hear him answer and you laugh as you remember an old threat.

"Teddy," you say with a roll of your eyes.  "You don't have to do that.  We were kids back then.  I can take care of myself."

"Yeah but you still shouldn't be walking around at night by yourself.  It's not safe," Teddy replied.  You give him a shake of your head and the two of you walked out of the YG building.  "Come on my car is parked over here."

"Teddy, it's like a fifteen minute walk from here," you say with a sigh only to be interrupted with a firm shake of his head.  "I could hail a cab…"

"I said my car is over here," Teddy mumbled and you pursed your lips at the finality in his voice.  You had lost and so you followed Teddy over to where his car was parked and scowled as you waited for Teddy to unlock your door.  You silently slid into the car after throwing your duffle bag into the back.  "Plus if anything happened to you, Yang Hyun Suk will kill me and well if he doesn't kill me then Jiyong will."

"I doubt Jiyong cares if anything happened to me," you mutter underneath your breath as you looked out the passenger side window and ignore the painful squeeze in your chest.

"What did you say?" Teddy asked as he stole a glance your way.

"Nothing."

"Mmm'kay," you hear him say before focusing on the road before him.

"So is 1TYM coming back anytime soon?" you ask and Teddy let out a chuckle before tossing you a look.  "What?"

"Don't you think we're all a little too old now to make a comeback?"

"1TYM will never be too old for a comeback," you answer confidently and you giggle as you see Teddy an eyebrow.

"I really doubt 1TYM will be coming back anytime soon.  Plus I really am enjoying producing more now," Teddy replied.  "I also don't think the girls now day know how to handle all the iness 1TYM has."

"Oh yeah?" you manage to say without laughing.  "Sounds more like you're afraid to compete with the young ones now days."

"Afraid?  Who's afraid?  I'm not afraid," Teddy exclaimed.  "No one has the kind of swagger that Taebin, Jin Hwan, Baekkyoung and I possess."

"Pssh," you say in between spouts of laughter.  "Still sounds like you're afraid."

"Have you seen the groups that are debuting now?"

"I…no…I actually haven't kept up with the groups since I left."

"None?  Not even…"

"Not even Big Bang," you answer with a nod.  "I…I just couldn't but since I've been back, I see them everywhere so they must be doing very well."

"Yeah.  Yeah they're doing ok."

"I'm glad to hear that," you say honestly and you feel bad knowing that you had ruined the mood in the car.  "So Teddy, tell me about these new groups that are debuting and why you're so afraid…"

"Ha," he says.  "These groups debuting now days are just weak.  They don't have that fierceness that we had.  They're all just pretty boys.  They don't train long enough and so their debuts are soft."

"In other words, I'll have to do my own research because your answer is a bit biased?"

"Biased?  How is it biased?  I'm just stating how it is.  These new groups aren't that great and you should believe me because my opinion is gold."

"Ok Teddy," you say sarcastically as your hotel gradually came into your view.  It hit you then that you had actually felt very at ease joking with Teddy and it had felt nice being able to do that.  You fidgeted with your fingers as the car slowly came to a stop in front of the hotel before speaking softly.  "Thank you Teddy."

"No problem.  If you ever need a ride…"

"No I…I wasn't thanking you for that.  I mean yes thank you for the ride home but I mean thank you for not being so angry at me.  It was nice not feeling hated by everyone for once."

"Hated?  What do you mean hated?"

"Everyone at YG who knows me, they all hate me Teddy.  There's no need to hide it.  No one else does."

"No one hates you."

"No?  You could've fooled me."

"Listen to me, no one hates you.  Yes they're angry at you but no one hates you.  I promise you that.  Just like me, they don't know how to approach you.  You really hurt Jiyong and we were the ones who had to piece him back together.  We were the ones who got to see him fall apart.  So yes everyone may be angry at you but no one hates you.  Just give them time and they will warm up to you again.  I promise.  Everyone still regards you as family.  You're still family."

"Thanks Teddy."

"No problem.  If you ever want to talk, you can come up to the third floor at YG or call me.  Here's my number," Teddy stated before grabbing your phone and you watched as Teddy programed his number into your phone before returning it to you.  You give him a gracious smile as you feel around for the door handle.  

"Thanks for everything Teddy."

"It's ok," he says happily and you quickly stepped out of the vehicle and reach into the backseat for you duffle bag and closed the car door.  "Hey."

"Yeah Teddy?" you ask as you stick your head back into the car and stare at Teddy.

"About what you said earlier, you were wrong; Jiyong still cares about what happens to you.  He'll always care."

"Teddy."

"You don't have to believe me and you can deny it as much as you'd like but we both know you still care about him as much as he cares for you even though it's been four years," he says softly and you can't deny that Teddy was right.  You still cared very much for Jiyong but you knew you weren't ready or willing to voice that just yet.  You give Teddy a sad smile and a nod before closing the car door and stepped back.  You're surprised once again when you see the passenger side window roll down and so you step back up to the car and look through the open window.

"Yes Teddy?" you ask.  You frown when you see him a small box from the glove box of his car and leaned over and ed it out the passenger side window at you.  You cocked an eyebrow as you accepted it and read the cover of what looked like an extravagant album.  "Heartbreaker?  Teddy?  Who's…"

"Before you turn it down, do me a favor and listen to it.  It was Jiyong's first solo album."

"Jiyong's?"

"Yes.  Just listen to it.  We both know Ji's better at writing his feelings into lyrics than expressing it out loud.  Just listen to it ok?  Can you do that for me?  Just listen to it whenever you're ready to.  Ok?" you hear Teddy ask and you give him a quick nod.  You step back once again as Teddy closed the window before giving you a wave goodbye.  You watched as the car pulled away from the curb and drove away.  You continued to watch the car until it disappeared into the night before making your way into the hotel and up to your room.

You look around your hotel and back down at the album in your hand.  You remember your first day you had returned to Seoul and the tour of the YG building.  You thought back to the picture of Jiyong outside of Yang Hyun Suk's office and you recalled that Yang Hyun Suk had mumbled something about solo promotions.  Was this album the one he had been talking about?  Heartbreaker?  Why was it called heartbreaker and why did Teddy feel it was necessary for you to listen to it?  You were unsure of what to do with it.  Should you listen to it?  Were you even ready to listen to it?  You continuously flipped the album over and over before placing the box onto the coffee table in your living room and walked away.

No you weren't ready.

………..

"So what are you doing today?" you groan as you attempt to lift your head up from the bowl of cereal you had been staring at for the past five minutes.  You squint against the bright light coming through the windows of the dining room of the hotel as you search for the owner of the voice that had just asked you the question.

"What?" you manage to ask as you rapidly blink your eyes, hoping that it would somehow get rid of the tiredness you felt.  After a long night out with Jonathan and talking with Teddy, you had barely gotten four hours of sleep before receiving a call from Yang Hyun Suk.

"I asked what your plans were for today," Melanie asked softly and you give her a tired smile.

"Well I want to go back upstairs and sleep but I got a call from Yang Hyun Suk this morning."

"You did?" Chris asked and you see the look of fear that flashed through his eyes.  "What did he want?"

"He just asked if I would like to teach some of the current trainees today since the girls are free for a week," you replied.  You failed to mention that Yang Hyun Suk didn't really ask and that it was more of a command but they didn't need to know that tidbit of information.

"When does he want you to be there?" Jonathan asked quietly and you can't help but notice the look of concern on his face as he eyed you up and down.  "Does he want us to go with you?"

"In thirty minutes and it shouldn't be more than a few hours," you answer as you look at the clock on your phone.  "And he didn't mention anything about you guys.  Do you guys have anything planned?"

"We're supposed to do some shopping late but we're free for a bit," Melanie supplied with a grin.  "Plus I kind of want to hear more of you speaking in Korean."

"Whatever," you say with a smile.  "And before you guys ask.  I am not going to teach you guys any swear words."

"Aww come on," Jonathan said with a pout and you can't help but laugh.  "Not even one word?"

"Nope," you quickly say as shove the bowl of cereal away from you and stand up from the table.  "Ok everyone.  I've got to get ready and how about we meet down in the lobby in ten minutes if you guys want to come?"

"Ok ten minutes," Chris stated as the three of them followed suite and quickly stood up from the table.

………..

"Ok, everyone, five…six…seven…eight," you yell to the group of trainees behind you as you slowly go through the steps again.  You watch the reflections of the trainees as some struggled to mimic your movements while others excelled and picked up quickly.  You run through the steps and make mental notes of the trainees who seemed to be having trouble with the steps and a reminder to try to go at a slower pace.  As the song came to an end you finish your monitoring of the trainees and give everyone a satisfied smile.  "Good job everyone.  Take a five minute break and then we'll go through the steps one more time before the class is up."

"Where did Chris and Melanie go?" you ask Jonathan, whom you noticed had been sitting alone for a while now.

"The wanted to go back to the hotel and freshen up before lunch," Jonathan said with a grin.

"Don't you want to go and freshen up?"

"Not really.  I'm not doing much sweating unlike you," he replied with a smile before reaching over to wipe away a few drops of sweat on your forehead.  "So what do you say?  Are you going to go to lunch with us?"

"I don't think so.  I'm so tired.  I just want to pass out in my bed," you say as you ignore the flutter of butterflies in your stomach.  You stand up from the bench and slip off the thin sweater you had been wearing, leaving you in nothing but the tank top and loose sweat pants you had slipped on quickly that morning.  You untie your ponytail and run your fingers through your hair in an attempt to comb out the knots only to retie it back up into a messy bun and looking back at Jonathan, who had been studying you.  "So what do you think of it all?"

"Think of what?  Listening to you speak in Korean?  Pretty cute if you ask me," you hear him say with a silly grin and you playfully swat at him.

"Shut up," you retorted with a roll of your eyes as Jonathan continued to laugh.  "I was talking about the trainees.  What do you think?"

"There are some natural born dancers in this group and there are some who...who are struggling," he answered honestly and you nod in agreement.  "But overall they're all pretty good.  Is this what you had to do for hours?  Dance?"

"I always looked forward to dancing lessons but unfortunately back then we often had to learn to dance by watching the others," you answer and you see Jonathan give an understanding nod.

"That explains a lot," Jonathan said teasingly and you once again swat at the handsome man only to receive another bout of laughter from him.  You look up abruptly when you hear the door to the dance studio open and see all the trainees quickly stand up and bow to the new intruder.  You look towards the door and meet the cold gaze that belonged to the one and only Kwon Jiyong.

"Is this what you do when you're supposed to be teaching the trainees?  Playing around?" Jiyong spit out angrily as he ignored the group of trainees and stalked towards where you and Jonathan were currently sitting.  You stand up and meet Jiyong's icy glare with your own and only you can hear the next thing he spat out at you and you swear your blood went cold.  "Is he your new toy?  Did you get tired of the other one?  My my aren't you just the little ?"

" you Kwon Jiyong," you snarl in return.