A Preview

Forgiving Is A Hard Thing To Do

I thought I'd try and start writing again.  It's been a long time since I started writing again so it's going slow but I thought I'd share with you guys a sneak peek of this chapter.  I can't make any promises but I'm going to try.


"We'll say goodbye here."  Jiyong had stated and you almost snorted in return.  As if you had needed the reminder.  You had the routine completely ingrained into your memory.  You would say goodbye in the room and wait a bit before leaving the restaurant.  It prevented the possibility of a scandal happening or rumors from spreading and now that Jiyong was a major idol, all precautions had to be taken.  Although, you remember, he hadn't been so cautious when the two of you had arrived at the restaurant.

Silently, you pull away from the doorway of the room and make your way towards your mother.  Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.  As you got closer, you could see her eyes begin to fill with more tears and you feel your chest constrict painfully.  You wait for her to open her arms up before stepping into her embrace.  "Please don't cry," you whisper brokenly into her ear as she pressed you closer to her.  She said nothing to you as tears began to fall down her smooth cheeks and you gently wipe away each.  You feel a shudder rack through her body as your mother attempted to stop her tears and you tighten your hold.  "I'm sorry," you whisper.  "I'm so sorry."

"You'll visit us won't you and stop hiding?" your mother questioned you quietly and you nod in response.  Stepping out of her embrace, you turn to face your father only to find that he wasn't looking at you.  There's a sadness radiating from the pit of your stomach and you know it's there because in the two hours you had spent with your parents and Jiyong at the restaurant, he had not said one word to you.  It hurt.  You give your mother a gentle kiss, another quick hug and watched them leave the room. 

You choke back the tears threatening to fall and fiddle with your shaky fingers.  You slowly count to a hundred before making your way out of the room into the hallway.  You freeze when you feel a hand settle onto the small of your back.  Turning slightly, you see Jiyong beside you and jerk away, scooting as closely to the wall of the hallway as you could.  You were a boiling pot of emotions but the only thing you were feeling at that moment for the skinny man was anger and you didn't care to be anywhere near him.  He says nothing and doesn't attempt to touch you again as the both of you made your way out of the restaurant and towards his car.  You continue to ignore him after slipping into his car and watch him pull away from the curb.  Extracting your phone from your clutch, you send a quick message to Jonathan letting him know that you were on your way back.


Thank you guys for being so patient with me.