So Close And Yet So Far

If You're Not The One-Completed
The days went on and Selina and Jiro become closer.Jiro would stop by to chat with Selina while she was on her break from recording and practice,and Jiro will wait for her in the afternoon,as they go home together.

They talked about her dreams,his dreams.Talked about their frustrations ,their plans for the future,for themselves and their family,they talked about anything under the sun,their family,friens and aspirations.And the more they shared their time together,the more they have learned that they clicked together,and the more closer they become.

One Friday afternoon,while Selina was on her break,and Jiro popped in.

"Selina,do you know,if you are gonna be done early today?" Jiro asked.

"Uhmm,I think,it is the usual time,why?" Selina answered.

"I was thinking of bringing you to my gig with my band today,if you want to?" Jiro said.

"Sure,why not,I have nothing to do after this anyway,and they said we are gonna be early today." Selina said.

"So,I'll wait for you in the lobby,or if not I'll be here to pick you up,is that alright with you?" Jiro asked.

"Yeah,sure ,no problem." Selina said,as she went to her group.

Selina noted the look that Ella and Hebe gave her.They have this naughty grin on their face.

"Who is that guy that you are talking all the time?" Ella asked.

"Oh,that,he is Dadong.He is my friend." Selina said

"Uhmm,just a friend,it seems you have been hanging out with him a lot lately." Hebe said.

"Yeah,we have a lot in common,and I don't know,we just clicked together.I am just having fun with his company." she said.

"Nothing special?You don't feel anything when you are with him?" Ella said smiling.

Selina blushed and smiled back."What am I supposed to feel?" she asked."I just feel comfortable with him,you know sort of secure and happy feeling." Selina said.

Hebe and Ella looked at each other and smiled."He is cute Selina." teasing her.

"Come on ,don't put anything to an innocent relationship." Selina said."He is really very nice."

"Who said ,he isn't nice?In fact ,he is very nice and a lot more."Ella said with a laugh."Just be careful,he is very charming,and I am sure a lot of girls..."

"No,it is just friendship and nothing more,he is after." Selina said,although in her heart,it is saying more and hoping for more than that,for something else...and yes,she is starting to feel something for him.

After the practice,Selina found Jiro waiting for her in the lobby.He smiled at the sight of her.

"Selina I am glad you can be with me today." Jiro said."Today is our first day in this place,and you are my special guest." Jiro said.

"That was so sweet of you." Selina said.Somehow she felt her cheeks coloring,as Jiro looked at her."Uhmm,is my dress alright,I thought you are just jamming tonight,I didn't know that it is a real show."

"Don't worry you look fine.it is not really a big venue or anything special." he said."Hope you'll like our music." as he took her hand."Come on ,we have to take the MRT there."

Selina smiled at him,as they looked at each other.Somehow just being with him,is enough for Selina to have a good time tonight.She felt her heart thumping and singing with joy.

Jiro looked at her.Being with her,made him happy.He is always looking forward in being with her everyday.They have so many things in common and they have so many things that just clicked and yes,she is everything that he dreamed for a girlfriend,but he knew,he have to wait,he knew,it is not yet time for both of them.He just have to love her from within and keep whatever feelings he have for her.For now,they can only be friends,everything have to wait for both of them....

They arrived in the pub ,and there were people already.Jiro lead her to their dressing room,as he introduced her to his band,who are his friends from high school.Everybody was friendly and crazy as they joked around each other.And after few minutes,Jiro lead her out to the table near the stage.

"You can seat here.I hope you have a good time.I have to get ready." Jiro said.and then he signaled the waiter to bring a drink to Selina,and with that he left her.

And soon enough,the lights on the stage was and then came Jiro and his band.They have rock music and Selina hummed along in their songs.Selina noted that Jiro have such a stage presence,and she knew in her heart that this man is born to perform and entertain.Woman looked at him with awe,and Selina can't help but felt a little jealous to all the girls,that would like a piece of Jiro.She felt her heart aching,when she heard their comments and cheers.And Jiro was such a charm as he entertained and flirted with the audience.

Soon enough,their show was finished,as the audience chanted for more and screamed for Jiro.Selina bit her lips.She did not know,but she felt jealous,looking at the girls,flirting with Jiro and Jiro smiling back at them,doing their encore s.She felt her cheeks hot.

It took a while before the audience calmed down,and for Jiro to come back for her.It was getting late.Jiro took her hand and with a wave of hand to his band,they left.

"What do you think of our band?" Jiro asked,as he smiled at her.Selina looked at him,and she felt her heart aches.

"You are really good.You have a very good stage presence." Selina said."I think you will go places.And the girls are all crazy about you." she added.

"Uhmm,are you jealous?" he asked as he laughed.

"Of course not,why should I be." as Selina denied it.

"Good,so you are cool about it?" he asked again,unsmiling, somehow,he felt disappointed.

"Yes,I am cool about it." she answered as she smiled at him. Jiro took her hand.

"Come on,I am taking you for dinner.This time it is my treat." Jiro said."Your price for listening to our music.I hope I did not gave you any head ache."

Selina shook her head and laughed "Good,for I am very hungry now." Selina said.

"But sorry,it is nothing fancy,maybe when we are big star,I'll treat you to a nice place ,but for now,bear with me,for a noodles in the night market." as he laughed.

"Uhmm,that sounds yummy,I think the noodles in the night market are the best." Selina said and smiled at him,and Jiro can't help himself but pinched her cheeks.He wants to kiss her and hugged her and hold her in his arms,if only he could....as his heart aches for her...

Soon the time came for the release of Selina's first album,and it was a huge success.They were the girls wonder in the world of music as they traveled for their promotions.

Due to constant travel and the varying schedules,Jiro and Selina have not been together for sometime.He would see her busy with her group,or being surrounded by reporters if not fans.And Jiro could only watched Selina from a far.He missed their time together,but he have to be happy for her.Finally,she have reached her dreams,just as he prayed for.Now it seems that Selina is the unreachable star and her heart could only hope that one day,he can be with her once again....