Meeting You By Chance Or Fate

If You're Not The One-Completed
Selina woke up as her eyes was blinded by the blazing light from the window.The sun is already up with all it's might and it is still early in the morning.She stretch out her arms,as a smile formed in her lips.Today is a glorious day.She can still feel the elation that she felt,when she won the first prize in the singing contest last night.She can still taste the victory on as she her lips.It felt good to win,and it felt doubly good when the people around you supported you all the way.

Somehow ,she felt a new person today,for she knew that her victory will be the beginning of good things for her and her family.Now is time to reap the harvest,of the farm that she and her family have toiled.The countless piano lessons and the never ending voice lesson that she took,to become,a good singer that she is.

She pulled her hair in a bun.Her face clean and fresh scrobbed from her early morning shower.She went downstairs for breakfast and found her Mom and her Dad.Her Dad was reading the paper,while her Mom busy preparing the breakfast.Both of them look as she enter the dining room

"There is it,our singing superstar." his Dad said,his voice full of pride on his eldest daughter."Did I tell you how much I was so proud of you?"

"Yes Dad,it felt so good to win." Selina said"But then I was sorry for the other two,we became sort of friends during the competition."

"Well just think of it,that somebody have to lose anyway,and it is a good thing,that it is not you."her Dad said.

"I know,but still,I sort of like the two girls with me." Selina said."Uhmm by the way,I have to go to the office today.I have to meet the bosses today.Are you going to the office Dad ,so you can just drop me off on your way."

"Yeah,sure,I can drop you in the office.Do you know what is it all about?" Mr Ren asked.

"Maybe about the contract,or whatever their plans are ." Selina said."I have no idea." and with that,she went upstairs to dress up.

Her Dad drop her off in the office.She went inside as she was ushered inside to the office as she waited in the reception area.She found a seat close to the corner,as she watched the comings and goings of the people in the office.

And then from somewhere,somebody caught her eyes,a tall ,lanky handsome guy came ,as he approached the receptionist and told her his business.He have this charismatic smile that somehow gave a tickle in Selina's heart,that she can't help but smile too.He was told by the receptionist to wait too,as he look for a chair to seat on,and he chose to seat be Selina's side as he smiled at her.

Jiro was meeting somebody,who will help him get a job in the entertainment industry.He loves music and by working in this field,then maybe just maybe,he will have a chance to chase his dreams.

And as he entered the building,he noticed the girl who was sitting in the corner,and was looking at him,when he was talking to the receptionist.Somehow,something is in her ,he could not even explain but he was drawn to her,as he sat next to her.

He smiled at her as he sat by her side and Selina smiled back at him.He doesn't look shy,but somehow he have this certain goofiness about him...

"Hi,I'm Jiro Wang, they call me Dadong ,are you waiting for someone too?" he asked.What a lame first line,he thought.

"HI,I'm Selina,Selina Ren" she said."yeah,I was waiting to be called in side.How about you,you have a meeting with the Boss too?"

"No,not with the Boss,somebody that I knew worked here,and he is going to help me get a job here." he said."You have a meeting with the Boss? Then you must be somebody big then."

"No,I am not,I just ...now I am even embarrassed to say anything,i just won the singing contest yesterday." she said.

"Oh,so you're the big time winner yesterday,Oh my God,you are going to be big soon.Congratulation.I am so happy for you." Jiro said.

"Uhmm,I don't know yet if ,I only know that I want to sing,that I love to sing."Selina said.

"Me too,I love to sing,but I am sure,we don't sing the same kind of music." Jiro said."You are not the kind that will like my kind of music."

"I love pop music and some classical and old songs too." Selina said."You like rock music,don't you?"

"Am I that obvious?" he said as he smiled.

"Uhmm I can't imagine you singing my kind of music,and you have this rockish attitude in you.You have this wild kind of attitude " she said as she laughed.

"When you become popular,I hope you remember me,you're lowly Dadong,and I will tell my friends that I know you and that you are very nice to me." he said.

Selina laughed some more."I don't think,I will be that popular,as you think." she said."How about you?"

"I have a band that I formed with my friends from high school,but I don't even know if ever we will go places.Still I dream of my own music." Jiro said as he looked so serious now."Everybody should have a dream,no matter how remote it is."

Selina stared at him,as she looked at him with admiration. He was such a combination of things,a sense of humor,a courage to face his dreams and the sincerity in his words.

And then the receptionist called out her name,as she stood up,and looked at Jiro."I hope you can also reach your dream like mine.Good Luck to you." as she turned and left and Jiro can only look at her back,and he forgot to reply and wished her luck too.,as he think about her.....