Getting To Know You

If You're Not The One-Completed
The ride on the MRT is something new to Selina.She have never done this before.Jiro guided her through and never let go of her hand.She was amazed at the crowd of people.Somehow,she found it exciting and thrilling,as she have a sheepish grin on .

Jiro just watch Selina,through it all.He have a good time just watching her with a silly smiles and a grin on her face.He felt like hugging her,but hold himself,instead ,he pat her head and smiled at her.She looked so sweet and innocent and yet all grown woman.Somehow being with her ,gave him this happy feeling that he cannot describe.

They finally reached her home,and Jiro let go of her hand.Somehow,Selina felt empty and cold not having a warm hands holding her.She felt like reaching for him,but controlled herself,and she felt shy afterwards.

"Thank You for taking me home.And for my first train ride,I had a good time.I won't forget this." Selina said.

"You're welcome anytime,if you need a buddy."Jiro said."I have to go home,and I'll see you around Miss Superstar."

"Hey,I am not,somebody might hear you,and it is embarrassing." Selina said as she blushed.

"Yes,I know,you will be a star someday.I have this feeling that you are going to be a big star." Jiro said with conviction.

"You have not heard me sing yet,and you are saying that."Selina said.

"I don't have to,I believe in you." Jiro said.

"I am glad that somebody believes in me,even without hearing my voice." she said.

"You won't be a champion for nothing,and HIM won't be crazy to invest on you,if they don't believe in you talent." he said.

"Uhmm,thanks for your vote of confidence,I'll remember that when I am on the stage in front of thousands of people."Selina said with a smile."I hope my heart can take it,when I sing in front of all this people."

"You will,I know you will." Jiro said."I have to go,before it gets dark.Good night Selina,and you still owe me a dinner."as he laughed and turn to go.

Selina just smiled unable to reply,as she looked at his retreating figure..

Days that followed,Selina was busy with conference and rehearsals with her group.They become friends instantly.Ella was funny and friendly,while Hebe is the more quiet and reserved type.But all of them get along fine,and they started to treat each other like a sister.

She will see Jiro now and then,but mostly just to say hello and then he will be gone.Somehow,she always looked forward in seeing Jiro in the office or in the hallway.But she have been very busy lately,that she does not have time to chat with him even for a short time.

Days and then weeks passed by,Selina have recordings and practice to deal with,and she was mostly tired at the end of the day.One early evening,after practice,in one of their session,Selina was on her way home,when she met Jiro in the hallway.She smiled at the sight of him.

"Hey there stranger,I haven't seen you around lately." Selina said.

Uhmm,I have been busy with work and my band gig.I am sure you are very busy yourself." Jiro said.

"Yes,we have started recording already,and they are so meticulous about everything,because it is our first album.They said ,we have to be noticed and make an impact." she said with carefree smile.

"So what is the latest on you?You know everything about me,and I never know what's going on yours." Selina said.

"Not much,it is the same old things.So when is your debut album will be out.I'll buy myself a copy,so you will have a sale." he said with a laugh.

"Uhmm,that is not fair." as she pouted.

"I am just kidding,i just want to see your reaction.I love you when you pout like that,you are so cute." Jiro said,as he laughed some more."So when will be the big day?"

"Next month,we will be very busy with promotion and we will have to travel all over.Isn't it exciting?" Selina said with much emotion.

"Yeah,that is good,I am so happy for you."Jiro said."So are you on your way home now?"

"Yes,and I know how to use public transport now."Selina said with pride."Thanks to you."

But pretty soon,you don't need to do that,you can have a driver or better yet,you will ride in a limousine soon." he said teasing her.

"Oh,that will be too much.You are exaggerating.You are just pulling my leg." she said.

"That is true,I am not kidding you.You looked so innocent,I wonder where did your parents hide you,all this time." Jiro said.

"That's what you think,but I am not." she said.

"You are not what?" as Jiro stared at her."You are not my sweet innocent Selina anymore?"

"You are teasing me again.i am not that naive as you think.I am a street smart too like you." she said.

"When did you become street smart,when you can't even take the train home." Jiro said.smiling at her.

"Stop teasing me,that is not fair,you are so annoying now." Selina said.,as she turned her back on him,but Jiro grabbed her hand.

"I am sorry,i did not mean for you to get mad at me.i just want to see you mad.I don't think you are even capable of being mad,but now i know better.I don't want you to get mad at me." he said as he let go of her hand.

He looked at her,and Selina looked back at him with such defiance.He smiled at her stance,like she was ready to challenge him for a fight.And then he laughed out loud and shook his head.Selina laughed also,and they end up laughing together.

"You are crazy,you know that." he said.

"And so are you.I guess both of us are crazy." she said.

"Uhmmm as I remember,a certain girl named Selina still owe me a dinner.And I think I need to collect it today for i am hungry and broke." Jiro said.

"A dinner, sure,where do you want to a five star hotel?" she said."Anywhere."

"I am not kidding anymore,I am really hungry,that I could eat a horse,I can even eat you now,if you are not careful." Jiro said.

"I am not kidding also,I am hungry too myself.Where do you want to eat?" Selina asked.

"Alright,i just know the place where we can have a cheap but sustaining dinner." Jiro said.And they have the best noodles in town."

"Oh you are making me hungry." Selina said."But I don't eat beef."

"Me too,I never like it."Jiro said"Oh we have one thing in common then.I love roast pork and fish."

"Uhmmm the mention of food,made me more hungry."Selina said."Do you think I am too fat?"

"Why do you have to ask me that,when we are about to eat?" Jiro asked.

"No,just answer the question,yes or no?" she asked him again.

Jiro with a grin on his face trying to control himself from laughing."I don't understand it,you are not making any sense.If I said yes,will you still treat me for dinner.?" as Selina's expression changed.Suddenly Jiro regretted saying that,even if it means only as a joke to him,for Selina looked like,she took it seriously,as her expression changed.Selina was fuming,and Jiro unable to hold his laughter anymore.

"I am just kidding." Jiro said."You look alright,you are not fat nor that skinny.I like you that way.That is the truth,please believe me." as he hold her hand.

"My face is not that big?" she asked.

"Selina why are you asking all this questions now?" jiro said in exasperation."I don't care if you are big and small.I just like you just like that.I just like you as you are." he said."I think you are very beautiful inside and out,and that is the most important thing." he added,his face serious.

Selina looked at him and smiled."You are really good to my ego,that is why I love talking to you."she said."Come on let us go,before I'll eat you myself." as she took his hand and walked with him...Jiro can only shook his head..." Ahhh Woman" ...