Getting Closer

UGLY [Hiatus]

"Ya! What do you mean you had to earn their trust? Weren't you the heir from the beginnig since you're the oldest??" Joongyeon whispers during the lesson. I ignore her and continue listening to the teacher. I can literally feel her pouting.

"Ya! Don't ignore me!" I take out a piece of paper and write something. Joongyeon takes it.

Don't talk to me during class.

"Ya! What the hell? At least answer my question!" Aish this kid.

I'll tell you later just shut up.

"Hmph. Fin-"

"Joongyeon, you have detention after school for talking in class. Clean the entire gym." Joongyeon pouts again.

"Yes sir." Joongyeon bows her head. Pfft. Oops. That was kind of loud. But not loud enough for our teacher to notice. But Joongie surely did. She nudged me.

"You're going to the detention instead of me for that today." urgh. Why...

Fine.

Joongyeon squealed a little louder.

"Add another hour to that Joongyeon." Ugh. I turn to Joong. She smiles apologetically. I scowl. Then I turn my attention back to the teacher.

You better feel lucky you ungrateful bastard that I'm your friend or else you would've been at that 2 hour detention instead of me.

I shove the paper at Joong. A few seconds later I feel something being pushed against my arm. I quickly take the paper.

That's why I always have a place to stay though! Cus you help me out whenever I get detention!

Right. "help" 

Whatever just pay attention. And you wonder why you don't understand anything.

Joongyeon turns to me with an "offended" face but I just ignore it like always. She hmphs and turns back around.

*after school*

"Bye Sandara! Thanks again for going to detention instead of me!" I just wave back. Joongyeon leaves. I sigh.

"Ha... I have to do this again... why is this goddamn gym always dirty? Seriously! Does like a huge racoon monster come in everynight and trash the entire place? Maybe it's the principal's pet? Urgh! This is always our punishment! Why can't we ever clean like a classroom or something small like the other schools? Uggh-!"

"Maybe it's so that we don't become overweight." A new-not so new-voice interupts my ranting. I don't even have to turn to see who it is.

"What do you want Jiyong." I say in a cold tone, not even turning to look at him.

"Nothing, just giving a suggestion as to wh-" I don't bother to hear the rest so I walk faster to the gym.

"Seriously why does everyone freaking bother me about my weight? At least Joongyeon doesn't! Ugh! Don't these people know a thing called manners? Seriously! And don't they know that I exercise everyday? Of course they don't know, they don't bother to know! And it doesn't help either that my exercise doesn't help me lose weight! Seriously! Why do people even care about how much other people wei-"

"Well, maybe because in the old times most people were averagely skinny. Not many fat people in those times." Did he just indirectly call me fat? I glare at him.

"What do you freaking want." I say in a colder tone with ice falling out from it. (It's supposed to be a metaphor)

Jiyong raised his hands up as if in surrender. "I was just answering your rhetorical questions." I look at the annoying kingka.

"They are called rhetorical questions for a reason." I keep glaring at him. WHy is he even talking to me? Must be some stupid dare to start talking to me and then become my 'friend' and then to make me fall in love with him and then make me look stupid in front of everyone. Oh I know what you're up to Jiyong. Don't think you can fool me.

"Why are you even talking to me. It's some stupid dare from your stupid friends to talk to a stupid loner who has a poor friend huh. I know your stupid little jokes and dares so don't try pulling anything from me." And I start to walk faster again. Why is the gym so freaking far away?

"Hey Dara! It's not like that!" Did he just call me Dara? I stop walking, and feel something bump into my back. Stupid Jiyong. This is why I don't even bother to care about the kingkas or queenkas. They are so freaking stupid.

"Don't you dare call me Dara you ignorant idiot." I keep walking. Finally, I see the door to the gym. I push open the gym door that took forever to get to, but get surprised by what's inside the gym.

Oh. My. Goodness.