Not Everything

UGLY [Hiatus]

*naega saraganeun eeyooneun n-*

"Yeah yeah I'm coming out just wait a moment!!"

"Hurry up! I've been waiting out here like a loner for like 3 minutes!!!"

"Haha yeah I'm coming down the stairs just be a little bit more patient!!"

"K I'll be waiting!"

*click*

"Aigoo, looks like Joongyeon's mother called again. Can't she at least get ready while talking on the phone? Goodness!" I mumble to myself. I swear! Every morning I have to wait for her. Someday I'm going to make her walk. Really.

"Aish what's taking thi girl so lo-"

"I'm here I'm here let's go now don't want to be late!!" Joongyeon hastily put her helmet on and gets on my motorcycle. Finally this girl came down! I thought I was gonna age while waiting for her.

"Alright ready?" I keep facing forward, but I can feel her slowly nodding, not really ready.

Joongyeon just nods. Haha, scared much? 

I start the engine and take off. Joongyeon holds her helmet on one hand a the handle with the other. We inserted another handle in the back of my motorcycle because she said it's too awkward holding onto a girl's waist.

"Whoo! I love this feeling!" I scream as we whizz past the cars stuck in traffic.

"Ya! Sandara Park! Just look forward and shut up! You're going to kill us both!" I laugh.

"Haha you always say that but that's never happened and it never will happen!" 

We finally arrive-we didn't die yet-and get off my motorcycle. I take out my black g-wheels from a little basket under my motorcycle. Customized.

"I swear you rich people have everything!" I hear Joongyeon mumble. I just laugh.

"You say that everyday whenever you see my beauty!" I replied, patting my controller.

"That's cus you have like everything!"

"Not everything..." I mumble. Joongyeon looks at me with curiosity.

"What do you mean? You can literally afford everything meanwhile here I am barely able to eat ramen for dinner everyday!"

I just look at her and smile.

"But, dear, money can not buy love." I walk off with a sad smile towards school. Joongyeon stays behind, trying to function what I said. Realizing, I am way ahead of her, she runs to catch up.

"Ya! Why you calling me dear like you're some wise talker, huh? And also, what do you mean money can't buy love? Do you have a guy you like?" Joongyeon looks at me and wiggles her eyebrows like an idiot. I laugh at the sight.

"Puhahahaha! Me? Love? Are you kidding? Naw, I was just stating something that's true in the rich life. You get arranged marriages, you're not allowed to make a scandal with another guy or girl depending if you're a guy or girl. Or sometimes the next heir for the business or whatever can be gay and be forced to marry a straight guy or girl, to keep the image of the business or whatever good. You know, like those stupid dramas you watch. What's it called, "Heirs"? At least that drama is partially accurate. You're not allowed to date some random poor girl or guy from the street. You get arranged marraiges." I turn to look at Joongyeon, to see her all hyped up. Oh crap, I should NOT have mentioned "Heirs". She's gonna be fangirling in 3, 2, 1-

"Kyaaaaaa!!! Omgomgomg the couple looked so cute together especially Minhyuk from CN Blue like kyaaaa!!! Minhyuk and Krystal(A/N the couple in Heirs was Minhyuk and Krystal right? Plz comment!)look sooooo freaking cute together like OMG imagine if that couple was real like I'd-!" And here she goes rambling on about Minhyuk and Krystal couple. Ugh, I don't understand the fun in dramas. Like, even if I did, I don't have the time to watch it. I'm too busy with studying my father's job as the CEO of a big company. As I am the oldest child, I am the next heir for the CEO spot. Which I'm really excited about!!

"Ya Joongyeon. Just asking cus I'm curious, you know how my life is like set, cus I'm like the next heir for this job?" Joongyeon nods, a bit disappointed that she got interupted in her stupid rambling.

"So, that's my future job, what do you want to be?" I've never really asked her this, the thought never came to me. 

"Hmmm, I don't know. To be your secretary?" Joongyeon joked and I laugh for like the nth time today. I'm such a happy person!

"Ha! As if I'd accept you as my secretary! Hahaha just kidding. But, really, what do you want to be?" I turned my tone serious because I suddenly really want to know. I mean, she IS like, my only and best friend after all. Nobody else really wants to be my friend because I'm kind of overweight. And ugly. And short. But I'm smart! I kind of have to be to be the next CEO hahaha...

"Hmm, you know, I've never really thought about it. But I might actually business major and work my way up in a business to become director.  Why so suddenly ask?" We reach my locker and i do my combination."Hmmmm, I don't know." First number. 11. "I just started thinking about my own future." Past the first number, to the second. 12. "And I don't know... I guess you can say I kind of envy you. Becuase you have the choice to decide what you want to major in, what you want for a career... Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I'm heir for CEO, it just so happens that being CEO is my dream job and I'm glad I'm getting it so easily but... I just can't help myself from envying you with all the freedom you have." And straight to the last number. 19. "You know?"

Why mention the lock combo?

It just so happens to be my birthday.

11/12/1984.

No chance of me forgetting my lock combo.

Joongyeon shrugs. "Yeah, I guess, but you also have to underst-" *slam*

I turn to her after closing my locker. "That you don't have it easy either? That you actually have to work for what you want to be?" We start walking to Joongyeon's locker.

"Well, you have to understand that everyone has their difficulties in life, Joongie. Everyone has to work for everything." Joongyeon opens her locker.

"But rich people don't have to work to get their jobs, like you." Joongyeon closes her locker. We start walking towards class.

"Yes, but I had to work to earn my father and my grandfather's trust." We sit down in class. *ring!* The teacher comes in.