Escape

How Do You Know When You Are In Love?

 

 


The curtains were all wide open and the waiting room were filled with sunlight. The sun felt nice on his skin. He closed his eyes and tried to relax his body. He didn't get enough sleep last night, but it somehow become a routine that he woke up in the middle of the night. His nightmare had lessen and he was very happy about. Before he could felt asleep, the door in front of opened and Dr. Lee appared. 

"Do you try to sleep at my praxis again?" He perked one of his eyesbrow up.

"I'm sorry, Dr. Lee" Sehun stand up and made his way to him. 

"There are worse place to fall asleep, now come in" Dr. Lee smiled at him.

Sehun entered the room and sat down in the middle of the couch. "I just notice that is our last sitting today. times flies by." He sat down on his chair and took out his notice book. Sehun nodded. "So Sehun, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling good, just a bit sleepy."

"Are you still having nightmares?" 

"Yes, but it now only happen occasionally." 

"Ok. that's a good progress. Anything in particular why you feel good today?" Dr. Lee asked while chewed on his pencil. That's one of his many habits Sehun noticed about his psychologist.  

"Not really." He shrugged. 

"Oh really? It has nothing to do with the deer boy who spied on us through my window?" He talked louder than normal and pointed with his pencil at the boy who has his face pressed on the glass. Sehun didn't even have to look, to know that it was Luhan. His doctor walked torwards the window and opened it. Luhan was now hiding in one of the bushes, not noticing that half of his body was still clearly to see. 

"Luhan, i am right? Do you want to join us?" 

Luhan immediately jumped out of the bush, there were still some tiny branches in his hair. His clothes were covered in dirt. "Can i?" He asked full of excitement. Dr. Lee smiled at his childness. And this kid is older? "Sure, come in. I wanted to talk to you anyway." His windows were big enough so that Luhan could just step in. "Hey Sehun ah" He waved at him. Sehun just buried his face in his hands.


 

"So you always stalked on me when i'm here??" He tried to patted away the dirt on Luhan's clothes. "Don't use the word "stalk", it sounds so creepy. Besides that i not always here, i have better things to do" He lied.  Dr. Lee raised his eyesbrows, looking at him. 

"Ok, i always here" he murmured. Sehun sighed. 

"Sehun, do you mind leaving the room for a moment? I would like to talk to Luhan alone" The psychologist said and open the door for Sehun. Luhan looked at Sehun in panic, not wanting him to leave. "I am going to get punish?" he wispered, holding onto Sehun's shirt. Sehun ruffled his hair and loosen Luhan's hold. "He is nice, don't worry". Then he disapeared behind the door. Of course he's nice, he gets pay for that. Sehun is so naive sometimes, Luhan thought.

"No need to worry, i just want to talk to you" Dr. Lee sat down and flipped through his paper. "So Luhan, you have been friends with Sehun since you were kids, am i right?"

"Yes, we are best friend" He said proudly. 

"Does Sehun talk about the accident with you?" Dr. Lee asked.

"Not really, he always tried to change the topic. Can i asked if he talk with you about it?" 

"Yes, he do. I'm his psychologist afterall" Luhan's jaw drop. "That's unfair. Why doesn't he talked about it with me?"

The doctor chuckled. "Because he doesn't want you to be sad. Luhan, you know that you are very important to Sehun, right?" Luhan blushed at the statement and nodded slowly. "Since the death of his parents, Sehun has distance himself from other people. He don't want to be a burden to people around him, he don't want people pity him that's why he hide his pain, to shows that he's strong enough to handle his situation. He always thinks about the other's feeling first, that he sometimes forget about his own. He's scared to shows his true feeling, that he might can't control it. And i want you to help him to come out of his shell." He stared at Luhan.

 "Me?" Luhan pointed at himself.

"Yes. I might be his doctor but he trust you the most. Stick to his side, shows him that it's ok to be sad, to let out your anger, to cries all your heart out, to lose control now and then and the most important thing:  to think about his well-being before others. You think i can do that?" 

"Well, uhm, i'm don't think so, i mean i don't think that he will open up to me. You know we have to be very close, i mean it's not that don't want to stick his side, i already am, but.." He his lips nervously.

"Luhan are you afraid that he might push you away?" He chewed on his pencil again. 

"Yes, i am. But also the fact that that" he hesitated, tried to find the right word.

"That he find out about your feelings for him?" He finished Luhan's sentence.

"Yes!" he shouted out. "I mean no! I don't have..." Luhan stared at the amusment expresion on the doctor's face. Luhan breathed out and rubbed his temple. 


Who i am kidding? Damn you Dr. Lee!


 
Sehun stepped out of the praxis room. He looked once again at the bulding as he made his way to find Luhan. He is going to miss Dr. Lee but it was a relieve that he doesn't need it anymore. Sehun has been in therapy for two years.

Since his parent's death.

He still remember the day clearly. He was at Luhan's house and they were having breakfast. He was about to go the bathroom when someone knocked loudly on the front door. They both look at each other, it was quite early in the morning, it was strange that there were visitor. The housemaid opened the door and his aunt stormed in the room. Her hair was a mess, her clothes was wet from the rain outside and her eyes were red from all the crying. She spotted him and tears filled her eyes.  

"I'm so sorry, Sehun." She said between her sobbing and pulled him into a hug. 

"Your- your parent died in a car accident yesterday night." Her voice was barely a whisper. She hold on him tightly. He was unable to moved and his mind went blank. He didn't even noticed that tears were rolling down his eyes. He looked to his right. Luhan was standing there, looking at him with an shock expression. He saw that Luhan's lip were moving but he didn't understand a word.

Everything seemed like a bad dream.

A nightmare.


"Sehun ah? Are you there?" A voice bring him back to the present. Luhan was standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry. I was preoccupied in thoughts." He replied. "Besides that what did you and Dr. Lee talked about?" He looked questioningly at Luhan.
Luhan's face turned red and he tried to avoid Sehun staring. "N-nothing in special. He just wanted to know if i treat you well!" He stuttered.

"Let's us go to the playground!" He dragged Sehun by the wrist. Sehun narrowed his eyesbrows. What's with him again?

The playground was pretty empty. They both were sitting on a swing. Sehun busy reading his book. Luhan lost in thoughts. Do i like him? Nah, I don't like him? Why i am lying to myself? How should i know something like that?! He tousled his hair in frustration. Wait a minute...

Luhan sat himself up. 

"Sehun ah how do you know when you are in love?" His voice full of seriousness.

Surprise at the question Sehun stopped reading his book and stared at Luhan, who swung his leg back and fort. 

"Uhm i'm not sure. I was never in love before. Maybe your heartbeat get faster when you see that person,"

He sneakily looked at Sehun and touched his heart. It's beating faster...

"you will get a warm feeling when the person look at you,"

Sehun smiled at him. Luhan tried to cover up his blushing cheek. Is it getting warmer here?

"and you think about that person constantly"

Luhan gulped. Oh oh that's not good...

"But that's just a few signs" Sehun added. "Why do you ask?" 

"I'm just curious" Luhan quickly replied. Sehun who doesn't seem to be conviced by the answer, lean closer to Luhan. "Lu-" Luhan jumped out of his swing "I have to go home!" Then he ran away, leaving a lost Sehun there. Sehun chuckled by himself.

Luhan, you confuse me every time.


Running away? How can i be so stupid? Luhan facepalm himself. At least now he knows that he likes Sehun more than a friends. Definitively. He sighed. He was about to entered his room, when he heard voices in his father's workroom.    

"Dad, i can't take it anymore! Everytime when i see that boy, i have that picture in my head again" his sister cried out. I didn't know that she is home. They are arguing again. Luhan opened the door a little bit, so that he can see better. His sister was standing in front of their father work desk and his father were sitting on his chair behind the desk. 

"Hara calm down. You giving me a headache." He rubbed his head.

"You act as if nothing happen! Do you think that just because you loaded them with money, makes everything ok again? How can you be so heartless?" He banged his fist on the table and rose. Hara flinched slightly at his action. Sweat were formed on her forehead. He walked to her and grabbed her by the shoulder.  His eyes were furiously "And what should i do after your opinion? Should i handed my only daughter to the police? Hara, your family can't bear this shame" 

Tears started to fall again from her eyes "I just wish I could go back in time, and undo all of the damage that I have done. I was drunk and everything happened too quickly that i didn't see the car in front of me, Sehun's father make a sharp left turn to avoid a crash and i step hard on the brake, the next thing i know is that their car is drifting off-lane and fell from the bridge. " Her voice was shaky and her whole body trembled. Her father soften his looks and took her in his arms. "I was so scared, all i could think at that moment it's that i don't want to end up in jail. They died because of me" She sobbed. 

A loud crash from outside interrupted them. A flower vase fell on the ground. Hara looked up and spotted Luhan who was standing in front of the door. Hara tried to approached him, but he stepped back immediately. 

"Don't come near to me!" He shouted angrily. His eyes filled with hatred as he stared at her. She felt a tugged on her heart. "Lu, i'm so sorry." 

"Hara, i want to talk with Luhan alone" Their father sternly said, his eyes fixed on Luhan. She hestiated at first but made her way out. 

Silence filled the room. The tension were unbearable. Luhan spoke before his father could.

"It's truth? Did she caused the incident?" He looked at his father. There was still a little part of him, hoping that everything is just a misunderstanding.

His father nooded.

He knelt down to match Luhan's height and looked at his son. His deer eyes which showed pain and sadness, his little nose and puffy cheeks which were rosy because of the cold weather , and his lips, which he pressed together, so that he don't cry. He breathed heavily. "Luhan, you know that you can't tell Sehun about this, right?"

"Why not? He deserves to know the truth!" 

"If he knows about it, yours sister is going to jail, it's that what you want, Luhan?"

"Yes, she deserves it. She hurts Sehun." He said as his tears drop down. 

"Luhan, don't be so stubborn. He's just a friend and Hara is your sister, she is part of your family!" Before he could touched his son face to wipped away the tears, Luhan smacked his hand away.

"Do you know how much pain Sehun has to endure because of her? How can i face him now and pretend that i know nothing!" He shouted out.  

"That's why i don't want you to be friend with him anymore" 

Luhan couldn't believe his own ears.

"What?"

"You hear me, Luhan. From tomorrow on i want you to stay away from Sehun. You will break any type of contact with him. And if you dare to disobey me, you are not my son anymore!" He didn't deign to look at his son as he made his way out of the door. 

Luhan just stood there, looking down at the ground. He had always loved his father the most in the family. Even though he was a busy man, he would take his time for him. He was there when Luhan's team soccer win their first match, he never missed out his birthday, when he has to travel far away from home because of business, he made sure to call him everyday. And for that Luhan really treasured him. But at the moment, all he could feel was hatred.  


It was already late afternoon when Sehun arrived at home. There were lights in the house, which mean that his aunt, is already home. Since his parent's death, she made it to her job to take care of him. She was a women in her forty. She was clumsy, a little too emotional, naive but she has a good heart. She owned a coffee shop near the house. Her shop has not much costumers, the most of them were student, and she didn't make a lot of profit. It was quiet strange to Sehun that they can still live a wealthy lifestyle like he used to. When he asked her, how she get all the money, she just said that it's from his parent's saving. He was about to opened the door when he saw a little note on the door.

Go to the rooftop.

Luhan

First he ran away from me, now he wants to be with me. That guy...Sehun shaked his head.

He climbed the stairs up. Luhan was sitting on the ground with a blanket around his body with an empty stare on his face.

"Lu" Sehun called out.  

Luhan turned around and tears were in his eyes as he looked at Sehun. Sehun quickly made his way to him and took Luhan's face in his hand and caressed his cheeks "Hey what's wrong? Are you sick?" His voice full of concern. But Luhan just buried his face on his chest and hold on his shirt tightly. Understand that he doesn't want to talk, Sehun just hug him tightly. It was strange to see Luhan cry. He were always the opinion, that crying would damage his manliness. Inbetween he would always murmured "I'm sorry". But Sehun couldn't understand him.

After a while Luhan started to loosen his hold and distance himself a bit from Sehun. 
Sehun took his chin so that he looked at him. "Are you going to tell me what's going on? You don't have to if you don't feel like it" 
Luhan bit his bottom lip. Sehun gave him a little smile "Hey, don't look so unhappy, it's ok."

"And you not mad at me?" He pouted.

Sehun laughed at his cuteness and pulled him in a hug again. "No, i'm not. How i can be mad at you?"
If you only knew what my sister did...would you still want me by your side? He pressed his lips together. Suddenly he felt how Sehun's body tense up a bit. He broke the hug.

"Luhan i have something to tell you"



  
"You you going to move away?" 

"Yes, but not forever. I just heard it from my aunt that my grandpa is pretty ill, the doctor say that he only had about one year to live. But he lives far away from here. Since i want to spend as many time with him as possible before he dies, i decided it the best when i move there. You never knew when you could lose someone, of all people i should know that" He said with a sad smile on his face. Luhan felt as if he couldn't breathe at that moment. He tried to calm him down.

"But what about shool?" Luhan asked.

"I will get private lesson while i'm there. So it should be no problem to catch up if i go back to shool."

One year. He will be gone about one year.

Maybe that will help Luhan to forget about him easier. It definitvely better than having him here all the time. Notice that Luhan is way too quiet full, Sehun interlocked their finger, leaned closer until their foreheads touched and stared him in the eyes. "I'm going to miss you" 

Luhan blushed at the sudden tendency, he quickly looked down on his feet and earned a chuckled from Sehun. "I will miss you, too" His voice was barely audible. 

I will miss you for the rest of my life. 

"I think we should go down now, it's getting pretty cold and it's already late. I still need to finish my packing. Besides that you really need some rest." As he was about to stand up  Luhan grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him down again. 

"Luhan what are you-"

"Let's us just sit here for awhile okay? Please?" He looked at Sehun with pleading eyes. It's maybe the last time i can be so close to you. Sehun seemed a bit wonder about Luhan being bit too clingy. Maybe it's because of their separation.
Sehun took the blanket that was on the ground and covered it above their shoulder and pulled Luhan closer to him. Luhan rested his head on Sehun's shoulder, wished that time would stop for that moment. 

I'm sorry Dr. Lee, I'm not able to take care of Sehun...
 

 


 

Hello my reader! Since I want to write even more about their past, the next chapter will also be about it. I will include the other character as well. Enjoy the chapter!!