Joy

How Do You Know When You Are In Love?

Jongin was standing in front of the coffee shop, torned between if he should go in or not. He missed Kyungsoo so badly. Yes, he see him in school almost every day but only for a few minutes and that was obviously not enough. He didn't want to talk with Kyungsoo in school, since there were too many people.  Okay, i will just go in! Before he could open the glass door, Sehun's aunt yanked the door wide open. 

"Kim Jongin, are you going to come in or not? You been standing there for nearly 20 minutes!" She had one hand on her hips and a displeased look on her face. Jongin scratched his head and apologized to her. "Now come in." She pushed him in and clapped him on the back of his head.

"Welcome.." Kyungsoo shyly greeted him. 

"Hi Kyungsoo" He looked so adorable in his uniform. I should talk more. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"Me too." Jongin smiled.

"Do you want an ice coffee?" Kyungsoo asked. Jongin looked surprise at him. "How did you know that?" 

"Well, you always order that." 

"You remembered what i order?"

Kuyngsoo blushed slightly. "It's my job to remember that." Then he quickly went back to the kitchen. Kyungsoo hold onto his heart, tried to calm it down. He didn't expect Jongin to visit him this soon. He still need more time to think about Jongin's confession, to clear his mind. He opened the door slightly to get a sneak peek at Jongin. He was looking out of the window. He is really good looking. Suddenly Jongin's eyes wandered in his direction. Kyungsoo panicked and hit his head on the door, as he tried to closed it. Au, it hurts! Sehun's aunt, who witnessed it, ran over to him. "You okay?" Kyungsoo nodded and took the plate with the ice coffee in his hand. 

"I'll bring that out." Sehun's aunt looked after him. "Teenager" she murmured to herself.

"Here is your drink." he placed the glass down and Jongin thanked him. Before he could left, Jongin hold onto his wrist. "Hey, let's us talk a bit."

Kyungsoo pointed at himself "You want to talk with me?"

"Yes, we never do that."

"Okay..what do you want to talk about?"

"Well, you know i wanted to know if", he shifted uncomfortable on his chair. Just ask him! "It's Sehun here?" Not that question!

"He will come later."

"Oh, i understand." 

Awkward silence. 

"You enjoy your drink?"

"Yes, yes, it's delicious." Now you should really do it!

Silence. Again.

"Did you made it yourself?" Oh, someone kill me, please!

"Uhm no, Sehun's aunt made it."

"It's good." Kyungsoo forced a smile on his face. 

Silence. And again.

The doorbell rang and new guest came in. Kyungsoo sighed in relieved. He couldn't no longer endure the awkwardness between them two.

"There are new costumers, i should go to them." Jongin nodded. After Kyungsoo left, he tousled his hair. Why am i behaving like this?! I'm such an idiot. Be a man and asked him on a date. 

Kyungsoo was now behind the counter, busy cleaning up the glass. Ok, now or never. He breathed deeply in and out and stood up from his seat.

"Kyungsoo" The little boy stopped his cleaning and looked up. Kai massaged his neck and avoid his eyes. 

"Uhm yes?" Did he hurt his neck?

"I wanted to ask you", he halted. Kyungsoo stared at him with full of curiosity. "Where's the toilet?"

"The toilet? It's right there." He pointed the door on the right side.

Jongin gritted his teeth."Thank you."  Once he was inside, Jongin hit his head again the wall "ARG! I'm so ing stupid!"

"It's everything okay?"

He quickly turned around. Kyungsoo was standing in front of the door. Did he follow me?

"I heard a loud crack on the wall, i was worried."

"You were worried about me?"

Kyungsoo blushed. "Since you are okay, i will go out."

This is the chance, don't let him escape!

He grabbed Kyungsoo's hand. Their eyes met. But Kyungsoo quickly broke the eyes contact and looked to the side.

"Jongin, i have to go b-"

"Go on a date with me."

"R-right now?"

"No, not right now", he paused, "why do you want it?" Kyungsoo shaked his head.

"I have to work."

"Right right, but you would go on a date with me?" Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he wanted to. There are still part of him, believed that Jongin is just playing around with him. But what if he wasn't? Why do i care about it anyway? It's not like i have feelings for him or anything.

"Are you going to answer me?" Jongin interrupted his thoughts. 

"I don't know if that is such a good idea."

"Then we should test it out or not? Just a little date. You will like it, i promise." He put out his little finger in front of Kyungsoo.

"Pinky swear."

Kuyungsoo giggled at the cute act and interlocked their little fingers. 

"I can give it a try." Jongin pressed his lips together, tried to hide his overload excitement. 

"Yes, you should." 

They both stand there for a while and just smiled at each other. " Woah i never thought that i would ask someone out in the toilet." A grinned on his face. 


Kuyngsoo chuckled. Maybe he will really enjoy the date. 

 


 

Yoona and Sehun were on the way to the coffee shop. Yoona was one of the regular visitor. She really like the small but comfortable shop. Besides it was the best time to talked with Sehun.

"I'm really tired of all these rumors in the school." she complained. Sehun nodded his head in aggreement. He has been tried to figure out Luhan's behaviour the last days. If he was interested in Yoona why does he tried to kiss him? It doesn't make any sense.Maybe Yoona can help him to get some clarity. 

"Can i ask if there's something going on between you two?" 

"No. Well, i'm not sure if he was even flirting with me, i mean inbetween he would always look over my shoulder, like he was looking for someone special". She threw a side glance at Sehun, who narrowed his eyebrow. He searched for someone?

"Have you guys talked since then?"

"Hmm no. He wouldn't even look at me, when i walk pass him. Isn't that strange?". He stopped talking to her. Why? Yoona slow down her step and stared suspiciously at Sehun. "Why are you even interested in our relationship?"

"Because i'm worried about you."

"Oh" There was a blush on Yoona's face but Sehun didn't notice it.  It was the truth, but not the whole truth. Sehun wouldn't admit it but he didn't like the idea, that Luhan go out with someone else. It wasn't jealousy, well, he believed it wasn't. In his eyes Luhan was a magnet when it comes to trouble. He was a little troublemaker.

"And what about Luhan?" 

Sehun stared confused at her. "Luhan?"

"Yes, do you care about him too?" Since Sehun didn't seem to answer her anytime soon, she continued. 

"I noticed it since the party, that there were something between you two. I mean he made all the way from the other end of the room, just to be by your side. Yes, he was drunk but the sparkle in his eyes when he hugged you explain everything. And when he couldn't keep his eyes from you, when you and Jongin were standing in the school hallway, just confirmed my suspicion."

She shrugged her shoulder. "Who knows, maybe he has a crush on you." 

Sehun laughed. "I think you're mistaken."

"Why?" 

Because that's not possible, Sehun thought but decided to keep it to himself. "Fine then why would he try to get you?"

She stopped walking. "Isn't it obvious? He's jealous. He thought that you and i are dating, so he tried to separate us." 

"But you don't like him right?" Yoona hestitated a bit with her question, but Sehun has stopped listening to her. 

Sehun in lips. Everything sounded ridiculous to him but somehow it also make sense. It would explain the attitude of Luhan. Yoona was right, Luhan's eyes were really on him that day. Did he choose the place next to his classroom, so that he could see them together?  That little troublemaker sounded indeed happy when he told him that he didn't like Yoona. He also then stopped flirting with her. So that means he would be furious when i did have feelings for her? There's maybe a way to find it out... 

Well, Luhan you are not the only one who can play around.  

A smirked grew on his face. 

 


 

"I'm so sorry, Baekhyun. I didn't mean to forget about today." 

Chanyeol desparately tried to explain himself through the phone. Today was supposed to be their date, after a long time but he managed to mixed up the dates. He thought that it was supposed in two days . So he went out last night with Luhan and Kris and had a little bit too much drink. He was still sleeping when Baekhyun tried to call him. When he finally woke up, he could see the 8 missed call from Baekhyun. Somehow it was a relieved that Baekhyun didn't come over to him. If he had seen him, half of his body on the couch, the other one almost on the ground, he would be really pissed.    

"I know that you didn't do that on purpose." The sadness in his voice didn't went unnoticed. Did he cry? Chanyeol shaked off the terrible thought. 

"How long did you wait?"

"About one hour."Chanyeol groaned. He's sure that Baekhyun was lying, he had definitively waited much longer.

"How can i make it up to you? I will do anything. Should i come over?" 

"No! It's okay. I just want to be alone right now." He practically shouted out the first word.

Chanyeol swallowed hard. "Baek.."

"Just let me some time, please?"

His word put an ache in Chanyeol's heart. "Okay. I understand, but please contact me if you need anything." Just don't ignore me. 

"I will." His voice were nearly a whisper and he hang up.

Chanyeol threw, out of frustration, the vase, which stand next to him, on the wall. He managed to screw up everything again. It wasn't the first time where he upset Baekhyun. In fact they have been in a big argue that almost lead to their break up. He could clearly still remember how much Baekhyun had cried that day. Since then Chanyeol had been promised himself to never upset his boyfriend again.

But he did it.

He knew that this situation couldn't be compare to their big fight from that time, but he was still scared. He just couldn't imagine to lose Baekhyun. He lay down on the couch, hoped that his boyfriend would call him anytime soon.