Fate

Love Within Heaven's Gates [HIATUS]

Jessica can’t stop crying when she sees all the blood, “Shhh Shhh, it will be okay Sica.” Taeyeon was trying to coax Jessica into stop crying.

Tears were streaming down Jessica’s face smearing her eyeliner, “No it isn’t! It isn’t okay! Just look! There is too much blood!”

Tears were b on Taeyeon’s face but she tried to stay strong for her wife, “I said it will be okay. We can always try again...”

 

Jessica was silent as she walked around heaven in search of the man that killed her while Taeyeon followed closely behind. It wasn’t long before the two made it to a place that had many kids running around, “What is this place?”

“It will make sense soon.”

Taeyeon remained mum while Jessica continued her way to a small park that was filled with smiling children. Jessica went over to a man who was playing with a little girl that was around 3 years of age. The man recognized Jessica right away, “Oh you are back?”

Jessica smiled, “Yes and I brought a friend this time.”

“Oh really? Your friends are finally arriving I see.”

“It is about time.”

“I guess it should be.”

Not long after a woman came up and gave a man a kiss on the cheek, “Oh Jessica? You came back?”

“Of course I would. I miss her so much already.”

The little girl hugged the woman before noticing Jessica, “Aunty!” Jessica smiled as the little girl leaped in her arms, “Eunji missed you.”

“I missed you too Eunji. Did you want to play with aunty for a while?” The girl smiled happily and tried to lead Jessica away but Jessica resisted and faced the man and woman, “Can you do me a favor and tell her how you killed me? She was...well is my wife at that time.”

The man smiled, “Of course we can. You better go and play with Eunji. She missed you a lot while you were gone Jessica.”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica went to the playground to play with the little girl. A smile plastered on her face seeing Jessica with something she always wanted...a family. “So you are Taeyeon? Jessica mentioned a lot about you during her time with us.”

Taeyeon turned to face the woman and man again, “Umm yes and you are?”

The man smiled, “I am Yeosup and this is my wife Dayea and over there is Eunji our daughter. Why don’t we go over there and sit while we talk?”

Taeyeon nodded and followed the man and wife to the picnic table, “So you want to hear how we killed Jessica I take it?”

“Umm yea. I was curious about it. I was only told it was a hit and run but no court proceedings went through because the person who hit Jessica was already deceased when found as the culprit.”

“Ah yes...sorry about that, but that would be me who was deceased.” The man answered, “I guess we should give you the whole story then.”

 

Yeosup was sitting at the kitchen counter sipping his coffee as it was a normal Monday morning in which he enjoyed his coffee and newspaper to start the day. Meanwhile his wife was helping Eunji get ready for daycare because she also had to go to work. Yeosup looked up as his wife and daughter who joined him in the kitchen, “How are my lovely ladies?”

Dayea came up and gave her husband a kiss on the lips, “Energetic as ever love.”

Yeosup got up and helped his daughter to a bowl of cereal as his wife started making Eunji her lunch, “Honey did you pack Eunji’s markers? I bought her new ones for school.”

“No can you do that while I make her lunch?”

Yeosup nodded and went to go find the markers to put in Eunji’s bag but not even a minute later he heard his wife and child crying out in pain and fear. He quickly ran back to the kitchen and noticed a swarm of wasps attacking his wife and daughter. Out of reflex he grabbed is daughter and took her away from the danger before going back and helping his wife. All of this was caused by a baseball that happened to hit the wasp nest that was next to the open kitchen window.

Yeosup didn’t know what to do as he saw the multiple stings in both his wife and child. Not thinking to call an ambulance, he put his child and wife in his car to get them to the hospital as quickly as possible. He also didn’t know that Eunji and his wife were having an allergic reaction to the stings causing them to go into shock.

Upon driving to the hospital, Yeosup was blinded by fear that he ignored the fact that he went over several curves and eventually a bigger bump collided into his car, unaware that he just hit a person. All he cared about was saving his wife and daughter.

When he arrived in the ER, allergic shock already killed Eunji but his wife was currently breathing so she was wheeled into the emergency room to be treated. However, also unknown to Yeosup, his wife had a slight heart defect and in combination with the allergic shock, she suffered a heart attack which killed her soon after the doctors started treatment for the wasp stings. Within an hour, Yeosup lost his wife and daughter, and unknowingly killed another woman.

A few days later, Yeosup thought life was not worth living and decided to end the pain himself with the help of some self-medication.

 

Taeyeon looked at the man and wife with tears streaming down her face, “I feel so guilty.”

The man and wife were smiling, “Please don’t. We wouldn’t blame you for all the anger and resentment you had towards us at that time. We took away someone you loved so those feelings are natural.”

“Yea but...you lost so much more.”

The woman went over to sit next to Taeyeon and put her hand on her shoulder, “Taeyeon fate is fate. It was cruel to both of us. No one should have guilt or sadness for something we didn’t decide for ourselves.”

The man spoke, “Also love is the same for all of us. No one can have more love than another. When you love, it is the same. I loved my wife and daughter with all my heart but I only have one heart while you also loved Jessica with all your heart. We both lost what filled our heart.”

Taeyeon nodded before looking back at Jessica who was happily playing with Eunji, “You know Jessica and I always wanted a family...I am happy you got to experience something Jessica and I couldn’t.”

“You know when we met Jessica for the first time we thought she would be angry with us for taking her away from you but the most unexpected thing happened. Jessica saw Eunji and just started playing with her. She had no questions for us...it was like everything made sense to her in that instant.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I could see that...when Jessica and I tried having children we always failed. Jessica was pretty broken up about the fact that we couldn’t have children. I am sure when she saw Eunji, she knew a parent’s feelings of losing a child. If Jessica had any resentment, she already knew you hurt enough.”

“You know it may seem weird to talk about fate in heaven but I believe we were meant to kill Jessica so she could have a family. Eunji has a strong attachment to Jessica and we kind of adopted her into our family with all the time Jessica spent with her here in heaven. In the end, I think Jessica’s fate was a happy one. She got her family that she always wanted.”

Taeyeon smiled, “It seems that she did.”

The man looked at Taeyeon in the eyes, “Taeyeon did you also want to join our family? We would like you to have you with us.”

Taeyeon thought about it. She always wanted a family with Jessica but Jessica wasn’t her whole life. Tiffany was also part of her but seeing Jessica with a child made her think of the times she wanted everything Jessica wanted. She wanted a family because Jessica wanted a family. Then she remembered being with Tiffany and not having a family and there was still happiness. What did she really want that would bring her happiness?

Jessica returned to Taeyeon with a smiling child, “Did you have a good talk Tae?”

Taeyeon broke from her daze to look Jessica in the eyes, “Umm yea. It was good.”

“Did you want to go then?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay here and play longer?”

“I can come any time. There is still something I want to show you.”

Taeyeon nodded before looking back at the couple who was now holding their daughter, “It was nice to meet you finally.”

“It was nice meeting you too Taeyeon. Please do come again and our offer is always open.”

“Thanks again.”

Taeyeon and Jessica left the playground and started making their way to the magic door. Jessica opened the door, “Go in Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica before entering while Jessica followed, “Oh wow! My favorite cake place!” Jessica laughed as she saw Taeyeon like a kid in a candy store looking at all of her favorite sweets with a sparkle in her eye.

Taeyeon didn’t even notice Jessica already picked out a cake and held the door open again, “Let’s go Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica holding a box, “when did you get that?”

“While you were distracted with those eyes that seem to love cakes more than your wife.”

“What? That isn’t true!”

Jessica walked through the door, “Sure Taeyeon...sure.”

Taeyeon followed Jessica as she made her way to a table in a garden, “So what is that?”

“The one thing I hate the most.”

“How can you hate a cake? It is just an object.”

Jessica opened up the box, “It is our favorite strawberry and banana crème cake.”

“And if I remember right, we both love this cake. How can you hate something you love?”

“Because this cake took me away from you.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica confused, “What do you mean? That man killed me.”

“...while I was buying this for you.”

Taeyeon had agape while she looked at the cake. Jessica thought Taeyeon would rant about feeling guilty or say sorry about making Jessica buy it for her but Taeyeon was full of surprises today. The girl took the cake and tossed it into the trash before taking Jessica’s hand and pulling her away from the table, “I guess it is possible to hate something you once loved.”

“That is all you have to say?”

“In the end what is there to say? We both had a happy fate in the end although that cake caused us to believe we were subjected to a cruel fate.”

Jessica smiled, “I would like to see what made your fate a happy one.”

“I think we should get Tiffany away from Yoona and Yuri before she kills our two other friends then.”

Jessica leaned to give Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek, “I would like that.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

I am sorry for the angsty chapter after such a long wait. Wow...I wrote some strong angst here (I mean I killed like 4 people in one chapter). Ah well let mission Taenysic commence after this chapter! Please anticipate!