Life Was Good

Love Within Heaven's Gates [HIATUS]

She kissed her lips tenderly savoring the feeling of the gentle touch. Her eyes opened, “Jessica Jung I will love you even if death separates us.”

The other girl looked into her eyes with all the love that filled her heart, “My heart will always be yours Taeyeon. Never forget that.”

Both girls smiled before their lips connected again.

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes with tears rolling down. She rolled over to see her lover’s face and her cheeks gently, “With all my heart I will love you too.”

The other person in the bed slowly opened her eyes, “Did you dream about her again?” There wasn’t anger or pain in her voice. Just a caring question to the one she loved.

Taeyeon nodded her head before burring her face into her lover’s embrace, “I love you so much Tiff...”
Tiffany held her lover tightly, “I love you too. I know she will never leave your heart but I am glad you let me in as your wife.”

Taeyeon smiled hearing her wife being so understanding to her complicated heart, “I am glad you picked me up even though I was broken.”

Tiffany smiled, “you were worth it. I will do anything to help heal your heart.”

Taeyeon propped herself up to look her wife in the eyes before she leaned down and fully kissed her lips, “I will do anything to keep letting you heal me.”

Tiffany grinned before pinning Taeyeon down on the bed. She pulled down the collar of Taeyeon’s shirt before kissing Taeyeon on her left side below her collarbone, “If I kiss your heart does it feel better?”

Taeyeon giggled at her wife’s friskiness, “I think this is a whole body illness. I think you have more kisses to give me.”

Tiffany gave Taeyeon a seductive look before her hands across the side of Taeyeon’s body, “We can’t have that can we.” Tiffany slowly kissed her way from Taeyeon’s collarbone, up her neck, until she traced kisses along her jaw, “We better get you healed fast then.” From there both the lovers enjoyed the touches and love each other gave early that morning.

 

“Do you take Jessica Jung  to be your wife, to live with her, respect her, and love her as God intends with the promise of faithfulness, tenderness, and helpfulness, as long as you both shall live?”

Taeyeon looked into her lover’s eyes, “I do.”

“....You may kiss the bride.” The two lovers looked into each other’s eyes before sealing their love within a beautiful kiss.

Taeyeon broke from her thoughts after she put down the picture of her former wife. Surprisingly no tears fell this time, just a smile on her face thinking of the happy memories she had with her. At least she had her even if it wasn’t for as long as she wanted.

“Mrs. Kim? Did you finish the report for the conference this weekend?”

Taeyeon looked up at her secretary, “I need to make a few changes before it is ready. You can go home tonight. It is already late.”

“You should go home to Tiffany too. You are getting too old to stay out this late.”

“Yah! I may be in my seventies but I am still young and spry.” Taeyeon was about to get up and playfully hit her younger secretary but the younger girl knew her boss well and quickly retreated to the door.

“Don’t forget senile! See you tomorrow boss.”

Taeyeon laughed at her secretary making her think that she was still in her twenties. It wasn’t like age suddenly happened but more like she wondered where the years went. Her life passed by so quickly that she has trouble remembering that she is older now. Her life could end at any minute but she chose to stay working although her wife had already retired.

Taeyeon looked at the clock before packing up her work thinking it would be better to just do the work in the comfort of her home instead.

The drive wasn’t long because her work was close to her home, “Baby I am home.”

Tiffany walked out of the kitchen with a spoon in hand, “Come on dinner is almost done.”

Taeyeon smiled when she walked up to the kitchen smelling all of her favorite foods, “Aww my baby is too good to me.”

Tiffany put her cooking equipment down before walking up to Taeyeon and giving her a kiss, “I think I would have learned after being your wife for 32 years.”

Taeyeon smiled and stole another kiss before Tiffany resumed cooking, “Yet you only got it right for the last ten years.”

“Yah! You knew when you married me that I couldn’t cook well.”

“Oh I remember. Somehow that was very attractive. I like teaching you new things.” Taeyeon held her wife captive by placing her hands on Tiffany’s waist, “like I could still show you new things in bed.”

Tiffany quickly released herself from Taeyeon’s hold, “I swear once a ert, always a ert.”

Taeyeon gave her signature laugh while taking a seat on a stool near the counter, “And you knew that when you met me.”

Tiffany ignored her wife’s comment and placed the food on the table, “Come on erted wife of mine food is done.”

Taeyeon stood up and gave her wife a peck on her cheek before sitting down at the table. Before she picked up her chopsticks, Taeyeon reached her hand across the table and took ahold of Tiffany’s hand while rubbing it gently, “Thank you love.”

Tiffany gave her a gentle smile, “I am glad you are home.”

“It is good to be home.”

Tiffany was always to bring up this subject but as time passed, it became easier, “Did you visit her today?”

Taeyeon resumed eating, “Humm yea...”

“What color?”

“White...her favorite.”

“I am sure she will love the flowers like always.”

Taeyeon smiled, “She always loved flowers.”

 

Taeyeon stepped into her home and carefully pulled off her jacket, “Sica? Baby?” It was odd not seeing her wife greeting her this time. She carefully looked around the house but Jessica was not to be found. Assuming her wife went out for errands, she just went to the living room a bit dejected and decided to watch some TV before her lover returned.

It was close to 10pm when Taeyeon became worried. She received no call from her saying she would be out late so out of panic, Taeyeon quickly called every one close to Jessica. However no one knew where she was.

“When did you last see her?”

Tears were rolling down Taeyeon’s face, “she was here this morning. We ate breakfast like always.”

Taeyeon’s friend patted her on her back, “Don’t worry Tae...maybe her phone is just out of battery.”

“Yoong...it is almost 1am. Why would she be out this late?”

Taeyeon leaned into her friend’s embrace, “I am not sure...we just have to wait.”

 

A few days passed and no Jessica. Finally Taeyeon was able to put in a missing person’s report at the police station because 72 hours passed with no word about her wife’s wearabouts. Taeyeon was an emotional wreck without Jessica. Not one night since she disappeared had Taeyeon slept. She was always going around the city looking for her loved one but no one had seen her. It was tearing her heart into pieces that she couldn’t find the only person that could make her heart complete.

Two more days passed when a phone call came, “Mrs. Kim. We found your wife Mrs. Jessica Kim.”

“Where...where is she?”

“We are sorry to say that she passed. Would you like to come and identify the body at the hospital morgue?” Taeyeon dropped the phone and clutched her heart. Her whole world shattered at that moment hearing those words.

Yoona and Taeyeon made their way into the morgue of the hospital, “Mrs. Kim is this your wife?”

Taeyeon looked carefully at the frozen body. She saw the woman’s once rose lips turned blue, her once glowing skin void of color, and her once sparkling eyes sealed closed. “Ye..yes...this is her.” Staying strong in front of others is what Taeyeon was used to doing so she stood tall while the doctor explained the details.

“Your wife came in with internal bleeding and a blow to the head. We believe it was a hit and run incident. We tried our best to save her but she passed during the second surgery.” Knowing the details didn’t make Taeyeon feel any better. All she could see was that her wife will no longer be able to give her a kiss, no longer greet her when she came home, no longer be next her when she always needed her close.

 

Taeyeon stood at the grave stone and placed a white rose on the freshly made gravesite. “Now and forever my love.”

Yoona watched as her best friend bid farewell to her wife before walking up next to her, “You both had a good life together.”

Taeyeon gave her friend a weak smile, “I will never forget the 20 years we knew each other more than friends and I will always cherish the 15 years she was my wife. Not even death will take that away from me.”

Yoona placed her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “No death can never take that away from you.”

 

Taeyeon finished her meal before looking back up to Tiffany, “Do you ever wonder what life would have been if you met me when we were younger?”

Tiffany was surprised Taeyeon even mentioned living in a life without her first wife, “Difficult.”

“Why would you say that?”

“Because you didn’t know English and I didn’t know Korean when we were 18. Communication would have been hard. Also the distance between us might have been hard.”

Taeyeon laughed, “I forgot that you lived in the USA. Okay okay I am glad we met later in life then.”

“Why even mention that? Both of us know you shouldn’t be in a life without Jessica.”

Taeyeon leaned on the table, “Maybe with old age all you can think of the past and the past always leaves us with questions. Like what if we did things differently?”

Tiffany listened to her wife ramble, “Our life was good and your life was wonderful. You had two people who loved you dearly. That is more than I could say. I just had you.”

Taeyeon smiled hearing how her wife always had the right words to say, “Life was good....”

 

 

A few months passed and Tiffany stood at a freshly made grave, “My love...life was good....I just wish we had some more time together. I hope you find happiness in heaven. I will join you soon.” Tiffany placed a white rose on the grave while the tears rolled down her face, “She always liked white...”

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Hope the first chapter was good! Not the end though! Most of the story will be in heaven. I was getting a bit confused with the age of Tiffany, Taeyeon , and Jessica so below I outlined their ages during different times in their lives:

Taeyeon and Jessica started dating: 19/20 years of age; Taeyeon and Jessica married: 25 years of age; Jessica died: 40 years of age; Taeyeon and Tiffany married: 43 years of age; Taeyeon died: 75 years of age.