To See You Go

Love Within Heaven's Gates [HIATUS]

 

You know it is love when your heart can’t stop beating when they are around, you know it is love when all you can do is think of them, you know it is love when it hurts when they are not there, you know it is love when it is them that gives you life, you know it is love when your heart finally stops because they didn’t come back.

 

“Kim Taeyeon to Welcome Center, Kim Taeyeon to Welcome Center.”

Taeyeon put down the checker piece she was holding and looked at Jessica, “You think that is Tiffany this time?”

“Maybe, you better go Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Sorry babe.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a bright smile, “No worries. If it is her, make sure I am the first to meet her.”

Taeyeon reached to ruffle Jessica’s hair, “Silly girl I can see you are jealous already.” Jessica was about to say something but Taeyeon quickly leaned down and gave her a soft kiss, “I will be back.”

Jessica watched as Taeyeon turned her back on her. She sighed as she started to clean up the game they were playing since she had a feeling this game would never be finished even though they had infinite time together.

Jessica ate her toast in silence but would occasionally look up at Taeyeon as she was drinking her coffee and reading something on her iPad. She sighed thinking it would be nice if Taeyeon didn’t ever buy that iPad since she was always glued to it either playing games or reading during their quiet mornings that they could use to converse before their days started. Jessica took a drink of her juice before getting up to clear her plate. It was then that Taeyeon moved her eyes away from the electronic device, “Hey babe what should we have for dinner? I should get some groceries on the way home.”

Jessica put the dishes in the washer before looking back at Taeyeon, “Don’t worry about it. I have most of the day free so I will go out and buy them. Is there something you want?”

Taeyeon gave her infamous puppy dog eyes telling her wife that she would want something special, “Can you please go to the corner store and get some of their cakes while you are out?”

Jessica laughed, “You will get diabetes with the amount of sweets you eat already.”

“Please! Babe I want to share something special with you.”

“I am not planning on getting diabetes with you.”

“But that could be another thing we have in common.”

Jessica gave out a loud laugh before walking briskly towards her wife who was leaning on her chair, “Babe you need to cut out the sweets for a while. I don’t think you are losing the weight anymore with your metabolism. You are not as youthful as you were before even if your palate is still childish.”

Taeyeon laughed as Jessica patted her tummy, “We can add more exercise in our week.”

Jessica leaned in for a kiss which Taeyeon happily accepted, “ert.”

Taeyeon quickly d her wife’s behind before running away playfully, “If you get my cake, we can share two sweet things tonight!”

“Other than the cake, what else?”

“Our love!” Taeyeon made a heart with her hands before reaching to put her jacket on, “I have to get to work.” Taeyeon was about to run out the door but she quickly turned around and ran to Jessica. She cupped her wife’s cheeks, “I will see you soon. Love you.” The two shared a loving kiss before Taeyeon turned away and went out the door.

Jessica smiled at her childish wife but her mind wandered to the sight of Taeyeon’s back. It was something that would come every morning and something she hated to see thinking that it would be the last memory of her lover. Jessica quickly finished the dishes before putting on her jacket so she could also go to work for a while.

It was almost 3pm when Jessica finally finished her work and decided to leave and get the groceries for dinner that night. On the way to the food market, Jessica saw the cake shop Taeyeon was referring to so she quickly stopped and parked across the street of the shop. After looking around the store a bit she decided on a cake that had their favorites which was a banana and strawberry crème cake. She smiled thinking how much her Taeyeon would like the little surprise when she got home. After leaving the shop, a strong force made the cake drop while her body rolled over with her head finally hitting the pavement. It was then that she saw it again...Taeyeon’s back. The last thing she saw was her Taeyeon leaving her...

 

YoonYul saw Jessica looking off into space, “What you doing Jessica?”

“Thinking of food.”

The two ladies quickly took a seat next to Jessica, “Sounds like you are speaking our language.” They saw no reaction from Jessica so they sat closer, “Jessica I don’t think you are thinking of food. You see, when we think of food, we smile and drool a little.”

Jessica looked towards the two girls, “I think Taeyeon is going to leave me.”

Yoona and Yuri looked at each other wondering what food and Taeyeon had to do with each other, “Did you take Taeyeon’s food?”

Jessica broke from her trance and looked at her friends confusingly, “What would taking her food have to do with leaving me?”

“If you stole my food, I would break up with you.”

Jessica was about to say something but she closed before standing up, “I don’t even know why I even talk to you two.”

“What? Leaving us already?”

Jessica waved without looking back, “I need to find a cake.”

“We can help!”

Jessica turned to give the two a glare, “Not over my dead body. I won’t have you two eating it.”

YoonYul pouted as they watched Jessica leave them.

 

Taeyeon looked up at the clock, “Three minutes.”

“So Taeyeon it has been a while since we saw each other. I hope our Tiffany treated you well.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I am afraid I was always a disappointment. Your daughter was really a blessing. I am really sorry for leaving her the past two years.”

“You shouldn’t blame yourself. It is just something that happens naturally. Don’t make yourself feel burdened over something you couldn’t control or prevent.”

Taeyeon looked down at her hands, “Thanks.”

“You don’t need to thank us. You are family to us Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon looked up and smiled at Tiffany’s parents before their focus turned to the girl that was now laying before them. Quickly, Taeyeon got up and took one of Tiffany’s hands as the girl looked up, “Welcome home.”

Tiffany instantaneously leaned up and wrapped Taeyeon in a hug, “I missed you so much.”

“I know. I was watching.”

“Am I dreaming?”

“This is real. You are with me in heaven now.” The two shared a sweet moment before Tiffany’s parents interrupted.

It had been a while before Taeyeon and Tiffany were able to leave Tiffany’s parents and roam around the confines of heaven. They talked and Taeyeon mentioned a bit about meeting Jessica which upset Tiffany some but she knew Taeyeon would see her here. It was then that they spotted the girl. Taeyeon and Tiffany were about to walk up to Jessica but they stopped when they saw what the other girl was doing.

Jessica sat looking at the banana and strawberry crème cake. With such delicious cake in front of her, anyone would guess that she would eat it but Jessica had other plans. She took her finger and wiped it across the creamy top before sticking it into , “It never tastes sweet...” The girl then took the cake and threw it away before walking away in sorrow.

Taeyeon saw the whole incident wondering why a cake would make Jessica so upset. As far as she could remember, Jessica and her shared a passion for sweet things such as cakes. Never had she seen a cake make Jessica frown, “You should go to her.”

Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany, “What? I mean I should be with you since you got here and all.”

“I see Yuri. I should go say hi. Jessica looks upset.”

“But but you...”

Tiffany gave Taeyeon a huge smile, “I got to see you again. That is more than I could ask for. I can deal with you leaving me for a little while to talk to Jessica. I have a feeling you are the only one here to cheer her up.” Taeyeon was ready for another rebuttal but Tiffany walked away already which left her no choice but to go find Jessica.

Tiffany stopped walking towards Yuri and turned to see Taeyeon running towards her past lover, “You never looked so far away until I saw you up close again...”

 

 


Author's Note

I don't think I need to explain why there was such a long wait this time. You should be happy this story got time for an update!!! Woot woot!

Please leave comments!