The Boy Is Mine

The Boy Is Mine

Chapter 9

 

Tiffany & Yoona looked at one another & stared back at the door of the study room. They were still reluctant of whether to knock on it or not. Finally, Yoona let out a deep sigh & knocked on the door while Tiffany looked at her sister, startled that she would actually want to go in there. Immediately, the door flew open & standing before them was their father, looking solemn. Tiffany gulped & followed Yoona inside the room. Both of their mother didn't seem happy either. They were both crying their guts out.

 

"I guess you all know." Mr. Hwang said. Obviously, everyone knew. Tiffany wanted to hurt her father for putting all the women through all the heartache but she still respected him. All the women weep silently & nodded their heads. Only Tiffany wasn't crying, she just wanted to overcome this family dilemma that they were going through. Mr. Hwang cleared his throat & looked around the room, "I know that nothing I can say or do can undo all the mistakes I have made." He began.

 

"I just wanted to say sorry." He lowered his head & looked back up at Yoona, "Yoona, I don't know how long you have known this secret but I truly hope you can find a place in your heart to forgive me?" He did looked like he meant it. Yoona nodded slightly, "I don't know how much pain I have put you through. I didn't know that just some of my reckless words can change you like that but I promise that I will change all of that. From now on, you will be treated just as Tiffany."

 

Yoona was touched by her father's words but still didn’t respond, "Will you still accept me as your father?" He asked, with his arms opened up towards her. Yoona looked at him with teary eyes, "Daddy!" She cried, like a little girl & ran into his opened embrace. The father & daughter cried in one anothers arm, causing the rest of the people in the room to cry, too. Then Mr. Hwang slowly, one by one, apologized to all of the female in the family. Just like a family they are, he was forgiven by everyone.

 

"I'm so happy." Tiffany declared, as she fell back in her bed. Yoona just giggled & made herself comfortable on the floor. This was the first time in years that these two girls were in the same room without ticking each other off, "I can't believe daddy is going to make a declaration party!" Tiffany squealed, with happiness. Yoona nodded in agreement, "I can't wait." Tiffany seemed to be more happy over this then Yoona was, "Wow." Yoona murmured quietly, "I can't believe this day has finally come."

 

"Well, believe it." Tiffany said giddily. She quickly jumped off her bed & hopped over to her closet, "Hmmm, what do you think I should wear for the party?" Tiffany asked Yoona. Yoona didn’t answer. She was daydreaming, showing only a slight smile on her lips. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, "Come in!" Tiffany called, out loud while she was modelling different dresses in front of the mirror. It was their maid, "Miss Yoona, there's a young gentleman here to see you." & with that, she walked out of the room.

 

Tiffany & Yoona glanced at each other, "I wonder who it is?" Yoona said to Tiffany confusedly. Tiffany's heart pounded wildly as she thought it was Jaejoong, "Just go & you will see." Tiffany replied nervously. Although, she knew she should be happy for Yoona, her heart felt like a thousand of needles were poking at it. Yoona gave Tiffany a look & hurried downstairs, leaving Tiffany alone. Tiffany looked aimlessly at nothing in her room. Images of Jaejoong & Yoona kept flashing before her, ‘You should be happy.’ Tiffany thought herself, ‘Yoona has had a harsh live. She deserves this.’

 

Yoona dragged her feet down the staircase of the house. She dreaded the person she was about to see. Although, Yoona had no clue who it would be, she knew it wouldn't be anything good. Considering all the guys she knew, she expected one of those pimp she had met in one of the pubs but the person before her caused her to gasped. It was Changmin, Tiffany’s ex. The thought Tiffany’s ex caused Yoona to cringed in guilt. He was smiling that devilish smile at her & raked his hand through his short, dark brown hair, "Hi." He said to her.

 

Yoona just stood at the door & looked at him. Changmin just continued smiling at her, "Aren't you going to invite me in?" He indicated to the chairs in the living room. His remark caused Yoona's cheeks to flush red, "Um." She stammered, "Come in." He smiled wryly at her & plopped himself on the loveseat. Yoona trailed beside him & sat down, "What brings you here?" She asked nervously. She was worried that Tiffany might come down. Yoona knew she had already caused enough trouble for Tiffany & she didn't want to cause her anymore pain by seeing Changmin with her. It was all her fault, ‘Why was I so stupid?!’

 

Changmin noticed something different about Yoona. She wasn't wearing the usual skimpy clothes she wore & she didn't have that seductive smile anymore but instead, Yoona looked innocent. Like an angel. She was wearing a black surplice shirred jumpsuit. Today instead of smiling, Yoona seemed to look extremely uncomfortable, "Can't a guy come to see his girl?" Changmin joked. Yoona wanted to slap herself. When she started, she hadn't exactly expected him to be serious about her. She thought he knew she was just playing. It was merely a scheme to break Tiffany’s heart. Everything's changed now. Yoona vowed to undo all the messes she's caused.

 

"Um...your girl?" Yoona said, raising her eyebrows doubtedly at him. Her look caused Changmin to be confused, "Changmin Oppa, I think you misunderstood." Yoona blushed even more. She was ready to die from embarrassment. She couldn't tell him it was only a game all along. She would feel like a total witch, ‘But I’m a witch.’ Changmin became even more confused, "What do you mean?" The maid of the family came in & brought them both a drink & left. Once she left, Yoona cleared , "I...well." Yoona couldn't say it. Could Changmin actually like her? That couldn't be right. Changmin belongs to Tiffany & Tiffany only. It was Yoona who had broken them up.

 

"Yoona." He called her name, "Tell me what's wrong?" Changmin looked intently at her, showing his concern through his brown, almond-shaped eyes, ‘Oh, ! He does like me.’ Yoona really wanted to undo this mess that she's made, "Oppa, I." She looked at him in the eye, showing a questioning look, "Why do you care?" She murmured. Tears slowly trickled down her cheeks, "This isn't right. You belong to Tiffany." Changmin was bewildered. What in the world is Yoona talking about? "Yoona." He said, "What are you trying to say? That you don't love me?" His voice was restraint with emotions, "Oppa, you don't understand. What was between us was only a game. Nothing more."

 

Tiffany had heard everything Yoona had just said & gasped. Yoona, that silly girl. Tiffany would never date Changmin again, ‘Great, she's making an even bigger mess. That idiot Changmin Oppa does like her!’ Tiffany decided that she didn’t want to listen anymore & walked back into her room, "Got to talk to her later." Tiffany silently told herself.

 

"So, do you understand?" Yoona tried desperately to explain to Changmin. Changmin shook his head, "I don't believe what you are trying to say. This is all because of Tiffany?" He was still in disbelief, "Oppa, please understand? You & Tiffany were together first, I was the one that ruined you two. Don't you see? If I wasn't there, you & her would still be together. So, when you think about it, I was just the third wheel all along." She explained quickly. This was like the eighth time she had tried to tell him that he & Tiffany were meant to be, "Oh my god." Changmin gasped as he threw his hands in air, "Tiffany & I are through. It's you whom I care for." Changmin tenderly took her hands in his & gazed into her beautiful eyes, "Don't tell me you have never cared for me." He murmured, as he stepped in closer to her. Yoona pulled her hands back & stepped away, "Oppa, I." She stammered, ‘Do I care for him? Do I still?’ "Oppa, please?" Yoona pleaded, "Don't do this. I don't want to hurt Tiffany more than I already have." Tears continued to flow down her cheeks.

 

Changmin wasn't listening to a word Yoona was saying. He didn't want to. Yoona was the only girl he was actually serious about & now, she's telling him all this garbage that can tear his fragile heart into pieces. Without realizing what he was doing, Changmin firmly pressed his thin lips against hers. Soon, he was forcing her into a kiss. Changmin slipped his tongue in , exploring all she got to give. Yoona, on the other hand, was terrified. It was true that Changmin wasn't the first guy she kissed but still, he was scaring her with his aggressiveness. She tried to push him away but he was too strong for her.


Slowly, Yoona responded to his kisses. Once Changmin loosened his grip on Yoona, she pushed him away, hard. He gave her a hurtful, disbelief look, "Don't do that!" Yoona commanded him, through her sobs, "Why...Why are you doing this?" Changmin asked, with sorrow in his eyes. His hands were still stretched as if waiting for her to fall back in his arms. She refused to look at him. "I'm sorry Oppa, I don't think we should see each other anymore. It's not right." She said, "Please leave?" Yoona walked over to the door & held the door opened for him. At first, he couldn't move, ‘Why is she doing this?’ But slowly & reluctantly, Changmin walked out of the door but before he left, he gave Yoona one last look, "Whenever you are ready, I will be here waiting." He whispered.