The Boy Is Mine

The Boy Is Mine

Chapter 11

 

That night, when they got home, Tiffany immediately went upstairs to her room to model her dress. Suddenly, she heard chuckling from the doorway. Yoona was leaning against the doorway, watching Tiffany model, "How long have you been standing there?!" Tiffany demanded, as her cheeks started to glow red, "Long enough to see you model & compliment yourself." Yoona chuckled & stepped into the room. She laid down on Tiffany’s bed, "So, did you call him?" Yoona asked.

 

"Call who?" Yoona rolled her eye & sighed, "Don't play dumb. I mean, did you call Jaejoong Oppa?" Tiffany tensed up, "Why would I call him?" She asked innocently. Yoona rolled her eyes again, "Because you like him & you want him to be your date for tomorrow night." Yoona pointed out. Yoona's honesty caused Tiffany to blush, "But he doesn't like me." Tiffany chirped, "Aw, I know these stuff." Yoona reassured her, "I know for sure that he likes you so call him."

 

"Okay." Tiffany said quickly, a little too quickly. Yoona was able to sense that she was lying. She knew that Tiffany would never call him, "Are you sure?" Yoona asked her, her eyes trying to make Tiffany tell the truth, "Of course." Tiffany lied, ‘Liar.’ "& what about you? Are you going to call Changmin Oppa?" Now, it was Yoona's turn to play dumb, "Why would I call him?" Tiffany sighed. This scenario was all too familiar, "Because you like him & you want him to be your date for tomorrow night." She repeated, Yoona's words earlier.

 

"Hey, that was my line." Yoona declared. Tiffany shrugged her shoulders, "I don’t know but you better call him." Yoona flashed her a smile, "No worries, I will." Tiffany rolled her eyes, ‘Liar.’ "Well, I'm going to go to bed now!" Yoona announce, & walked out of the room, ‘I know you won't call him, no worries, I will call him for you.’

 

Omce Yoona was in her room, she picked up the phone & dialed Jaejoong’s number. After a few rings someone finally picked up, "Hello? Jaejoong Oppa?"

 

Meanwhile, in Tiffany's room, she had been thinking the same thing as Yoona did. Since Changmin was her ex, she already knew his number. Tiffany quickly called him, "Hello?" A tired voice asked, "Hey Oppa. It's Tiffany. It's about Yoona."

 

The whole Hwang family spent the whole day getting ready for the party that night. Actually, it was more like the women in the family that did. Mr. Hwang didn't even have to get ready until the last hour. At the party, guests were arriving quickly & the place was beginning to filled up with reporters, all curious of what Mr. Hwang had to say. The two, Mrs. Hwang were off socializing with their friends. Tiffany & Yoona stayed with their father but soon, they got bored of him talking with all his business associates & wander off by themselves, "Tiffany. Yoona." A voice from behind called them. Just as they predicted, it was Taeyeon with Yunho. Yunho looked like he was going to die from choking on his green plaid tie, "Hey." Yoona greeted, as her & Tiffany made their way over to the loving couple. Yunho had an absolute stunned look on his face, ‘Why are these girls so friendly to Yoona? Isn't there a feud going on between them?’

 

"Ladies?" Yunho asked wryly, as he raised his eyebrows. The poor boy looked like his head was going to burst. Tiffany laughed, "Yunho Oppa, my dear, you got to admit that you are somewhat like a girl." Tiffany pointed out, "Hey." Taeyeon said defensively. Her actions only caused Tiffany & Yoona to laugh, "I don't get this." Yunho whispered to Taeyeon.

 

His whisper was audible to Tiffany & Yoona who turned & glared at him, "What is that supposed to mean?!" They both demanded in unison. Yunho shrunk back & looked at Taeyeon with his puppy-eyes, "You will see." Taeyeon told him. The three girls looked at one another & burst into giggles, leaving Yunho completely confused. Tiffany looked around the room. She was starting to get impatient. Changmin is supposed to be here by now.

 

‘What if he doesn’t show up?’ Tiffany quickly threw that thought away but to her surprises, instead of seeing Changmin entering the place, she saw Jaejoong. Tiffany gasped. Why is he here? Who invited him? She quickly turned around & pretended that he wasn't there. Tiffany blushed. Did Yoona invited him here? "No worries, I called him for you." Tiffany turned & glared at Yoona but only to find her with a innocent smile on her pink lips.

 

‘Oh my god, I'm going to kill her.’ "Well, go make a move." Yoona winked at Tiffany. Tiffany made a face & walked off somewhere across the room, "Where is she going?" Asked Taeyeon. Taeyeon & Yunho had been to lovey dovey to pay attention to the two girls, "I don’t know." Yoona shrugged, "Probably off to get a drink." Jaejoong scanned the big ball room & finally found Yunho & the crew in the middle of it all, "Hey guy!" He shouted, trying to get their attention. Unfortunately, he managed to get the attention of everyone else, too. Jaejoong tugged on his aqua geoffrey beene dimension solid tie & tried to avoid everyone's gaze, "What are you doing here?!" Yunho demanded. He didn't know Jaejoong was going to be there. Poor Yunho had been left out of all the gossips & planned, "Uh...I was invited." Jaejoong said flatly. He continued to look around, in hopes of catching a glimpses of Tiffany.

 

Yoona also looked around the room. Something about the entrance kept her gaze on it. She was hoping a certain person would enter soon. If he even come at all but she doubted it, he didn't even know about it. Tiffany was off somewhere. Jaejoong still tried to look for her & as for Taeyeon & Yunho. Those two were too involved with themselves to acknowledge anyone else. Yoona just sighed & gazed at the entrance once more but this time, something caught her eyes.

 

Standing a couple of feet away from her was Changmin. He looked absolutely dashing wearing a haggar slim-fit stria gray tux. Just looking at him took Yoona’s breath away, ‘Tiffany. She invited him. I'm going to kill her.’ But deep down, Yoona knew she was thrilled. Her heart was thumping & her hands were starting to get clammy. It seemed like he was making his way towards her but suddenly, a voice spoke up, "Ladies & gentlemen." Mr. Hwang spoke, through the microphone. Everyone stopped what they were doing & turned to him. Yoona walked up to the front to where Tiffany was standing.

 

"He's going to say it." Tiffany said excitedly. This was the moment that Yoona had been waiting for all her life. Her true identity was going to be revealed. Mr. Hwang cleared his throat & looked at the audience, "You all know the saying, looks can be deceiving. Well, that saying is true. Many people look at me as if I'm a man of honour but I don’t deserve that title." Murmurs began to rises among the people, "Today, I have something to confide. Many years ago, when I was young & foolish. I did something so horrible that I chose to ignore it & pretend it wasn't there but today, when I think about it, in a way, it was actually a good thing. As you all know, I have a beautiful daughter named Tiffany Hwang Miyoung but the truth is, I don’t only have one but two daughters."

 

The whispers now turned into loud accusing questions. Reporters are starting to fire questions at him. Mr. Hwang told everyone about their whole family affair. Once he was finished, the room was silent. No one spoke up. Tears were streaming down the cheeks of many people. Everyone was touched that someone of such honour had the power & pride to confess such a thing. The governor even offered to make an exception of the law for their family, "Mr. Hwang, about the two wives thing. I think we can somehow manage an exception."

 

Tiffany & Yoona looked at each other & collapsed into a hug, "I’m sorry to bother you again." Mr. Hwang interrupted, "But this young gentlemen also have a speech to say." Tiffany & Yoona let go of each other & looked up. Standing right before them was Changmin, "I don't have anything planned." Changmin told the crowds, "But the one thing I really wanted to say to is Yoona Im." He looked directly at her, "You called him, eh?" Yoona whispered.

 

"Yoona Im, if you will accept me as your boyfriend or even accept me at all, it would make me the happiest on this planet." The crowd laughed at Changmin’s last few words, "This may seem like a joke but it isn't." She looked at him with tears glistening in her eyes, "I don't care if you don't accept me right now but I want you to know." He was silent for awhile, thinking of what to say next, "I love you. I loved you before, I love you now & I will always love you. Through life or death."

 

"That was so sweet!" Cried Tiffany’s mom, from the back of the room, "My baby is all grown up!" Yoona’s mom pitched in. The two women were obviously very drunk. Changmin stepped down from the stage & walked towards Yoona with his hands stretched out. The audience started to back away, making a circle for the two couple. Tiffany giggled. She was the one that planned all of this. From out of nowhere, Tiffany felt someone pulling her elbow, dragging her away from the crowd.


Yoona just stood there with her eyes wide opened. She couldn’t believe what was going on. Changmin took her hands in his, "Will you do me this honour & accept me as your boyfriend?" Changmin murmured. Yoona didn't respond. Tears of happiness flow down her cheeks. Today was truly the happiest day of her life, "Will you?" Changmin asked, once more when she didn’t respond. He was beginning to get nervous but a simple nod from her caused the whole room to go wild. Changmin stepped in & leaned towards her lips. Their lips met & sparks flew. The two couple we engaged in a deep kiss, ignoring their surroundings.