The Boy Is Mine

The Boy Is Mine

Chapter 10

 

Once Changmin left, Yoona dragged her small feet upstairs. She didn't know why she was feeling so down.

 

‘Do I actually care for him?’ Yoona turned the doorknob & dropped herself onto her bed. Yoona hadn't even bother to turn on the lights. Everything has turned out unexpectedly. Yoona, never in her mind, would expect her father to apologize to her. Worse, she didn't think that Changmin would actually fall for her. She thought if she changed her ways, things would change for the better but boy, she was wrong.

 

Yoona shifted her position & looked at the door when she heard knocking, "Come in." She called. A figure of a woman stepped into her room & greeted her, "Hey you." Tiffany called back. Tiffany plopped herself down beside Yoona & stared out of her window. Tiffany was debating within her mind whether she should tell Yoona what she had heard downstairs. Tiffany didn’t seem like she was prying into Yoona's life but Yoona & Changmin deserves to be together. Yoona hadn't noticed Tiffany's silence since she entered her room.

 

Yoona was also lost in her own thoughts. Both girls sighed at once. They both looked up at each other & giggled. That was when Tiffany decided she would tell Yoona, "Um...Yoona?" Yoona was still staring into space, "Yeah?" Her voice sounded far away as if she wasn't even paying attention to what Tiffany was saying. All she thought about was Changmin, "Yoona, I heard what you & Changmin Oppa said earlier." Tiffany mumbled quietly. She felt guilty for listening to their conversation.

 

"That's nice." Yoona breathed, "How was it?" Tiffany was startled by Yoona’s words, ‘What the hell is she saying? That's nice? Is Yoona okay?’ Tiffany continue giving Yoona a confused look. Yoona didn't even noticed that Tiffany was looking at her, "Yoona!" Tiffany snapped. At first, it didn't seem like Yoona was listening but then she raised her eyebrows to show that she had heard Tiffany, "Huh?" Was the only thing that escaped Yoona's lips. Tiffany rolled her eyes. This girl was really out of it.

 

"Well, Yoona, you know when that guy came to see you?" Tiffany tried to explain. That caught Yoona’s attention. She sprung right into a sitting position, "Yeah?" Tiffany bit her lips & looked at Yoona with guilty eyes, "Well, it was Changmin Oppa, wasn't it?" Yoona felt as if her heart just stopped. She felt like she was suffocating. She was right afterall, Tiffany did want Changmin back. Yoona felt proud of herself for considering her sister's feelings, "Don't worry, I told him that he should go back to you." Yoona reassured her, but the truth was, Yoona was the one that needed reassuring. The words that just came out of her lips seemed like a lie. In reality, Yoona didn't really want Tiffany & Changmin to get back together. Tiffany nodded her head & smiled, "You silly girl." Tiffany said, "I don't want him back. You need him more than I do." Yoona shook her head stubbornly, "No." She shot back right away, "You guys were meant to be together. I was the one that broke you guys up."

 

Tiffany just gave Yoona a look & smile, "I think that was a good thing. When I come to think of it, Changmin Oppa wasn't really my type." Tiffany confessed. However, Yoona didn't believe her. She believed that Tiffany was only saying that to make her feel better, "You don't mean that." Yoona remarked, as she stood up & walked over to her desk, "Yes, I do." Tiffany replied, with a mischievous smile started to form on her lips, "& you & that guy would make a great couple."

 

Yoona raised her eyebrows at Tiffany but quickly turned to the object on the desk. It was a crystal statue of a dolphin, something Changmin had given her, "You know Yoona, I actually want you to consider him." Tiffany said, "He's actually a pretty good guy." Yoona gave Tiffany a surprised look, "You are not mad at him for cheating on you? Or at me? For...For seducing him?" Tiffany shrugged.

 

"That's all in the past. It doesn't bother me anymore." Tiffany stood beside Yoona, "But I was mad." Yoona’s hopeful look faltered. Tiffany flashed her a toothy grin, "I'm kidding." Yoona then smiled as an invisible light bulb flashed above her head, "Well, Changmin Oppa & I can get together." Yoona slurred slowly, "But." Her voice trailed off, "But?! But what?!" Tiffany demanded. Yoona laughed to herself, ‘This is going to be super cool.’ "But you have to promise to consider Jaejoong Oppa." Yoona quickly blurted out. Just as the words slipped out of , Tiffany's smiled disappeared from her face & she cringed.

 

"Ew." Tiffany’s action was fake & Yoona can sense it, "You know you like him." Yoona pointed out, "Or else, you wouldn't have gotten mad at the theatre." Tiffany didn’t reply but her actions showed it all, "So, that's settled it, I will get Changmin Oppa & sister dear, Jaejoong Oppa is all yours." Tiffany didn't reply, "Tomorrow, we will go shopping for the party." Yoona declared, as she broke into giggles. She was extremely glad that Tiffany actually encourage her to go for Changmin.

 

"What?!" Taeyeon bellowed, through the phone. Tiffany cringed & pulled the phone away from her ear. Taeyeon was definitely overreacting, "You what?! Yoona's what?!" She screamed again. Tiffany was nearly going deaf because of Taeyeon. For the last half-hour, Tiffany had told Taeyeon everything about her family & Yoona's identity, "Taeyeon, chill." Tiffany told her friend. Tiffany still had the phone away at a safe distance, "I still can't believe it." Tiffany rolled her eyes, "Well. believe it ot not, she's my half-sister." "So, just because she's your sister, you are forgiving her for making your life a living hell?!"

 

Tiffany didn't know how to answer to that, "You are too nice." Taeyeon pointed out. Tiffany bit her light red lips & thought about it for awhile, "You can't just judge her because of that." Tiffany said. Tiffany was sitting her bedroom, picking out an outfit to go shopping, "I know, how about you get to know her better." Tiffany said. She wanted to invite Taeyeon along for the shopping trip with Yoona. Maybe these two can become friends, "I don't think so." Taeyeon said directly. She wasn't willing to be nice to that girl.

 

"Come on." Tiffany persuaded, "It won't kill you." Taeyeon sighed, "No." The conversation went silent for awhile, "I'm picking you up in half an hour, bye." Tiffany hung up the phone before Taeyeon can refuses or argue back, ‘They are going to get along just fine.’ Tiffany thought. Thirteen minutes later, Yoona came knocking on the door, "Hey Yoon, ready to go?" Tiffany asked cheerfully. Ever since their father said there was going to be a declaration party, Yoona had been happy. Mr. Hwang had invited all the famous people, reporters & everyone important in the Seoul society. He was going to tell them the truth.

 

"Ready." Tiffany stood up & grabbed her amber dooney & bourke pebble charleston purse, "By the way, Taeyeon’s coming, too." At the mention of Taeyeon, Yoona tensed up. She knew that Taeyeon doesn’t liked her, "Oh, okay." She said uneasily, trying to conceal her tension. However, Tiffany could sensed Yoona's feelings, "Don't worry, Taeyeon's a really nice person." She assured her. Yoona just simply nodded & smiled at her. Tiffany smiled back & the two girls ran downstairs & out to the car, Tiffany’s silver BMW mini cooper. Tiffany & Yoona were standing in front of Taeyeon's apartment, waiting for her to come out after ringing the doorbell, "Coming!" The heard a loud yell coming from inside. Tiffany smiled inwardly to herself, ‘These two are going to become great friends.’ Yoona, on the other hand, wasn't thinking so, ‘Hope she doesn't hate me.’ Taeyeon, from inside, was putting on her black nature’s own ankle boots, ‘Stupid Tiffany! I can't believe she forgave that !’ In a matter of minutes, a breathless Taeyeon opened the door for them.

 

"Hi." Tiffany greeted her, "Hi." Yoona repeated. Taeyeon tried her best not to be mean to her, "Uh...hi. So, where are we off to?" Taeyeon said, "Shopping." Tiffany declared, & burst out laughing. Tiffany noticed Taeyeon rolling her eyes & Yoona trying her best to look comfortable, ‘This is going to be harder than I thought.’

 

"How about this dress?" Tiffany pointed to an off white chain detail dress. Both, Taeyeon & Yoona turned to look at it, "It's nice." Taeyeon said. Yoona nodded her head in agreement. For the last hour since they have been shopping, Tiffany noticed an improvement in Taeyeon & Yoona’s behaviour. They were actually being nice to each other, "You should try it on, Yoona." Taeyeon said. Tiffany smiled contently to herself, ‘Yes.’ Yoona gave Taeyeon & Tiffany a questioningly look, "Go ahead, try it on." Tiffany urged.

 

Pretty soon, all the girls got their dresses picked out. Yoona decided to take the one Taeyeon picked out for her. It was a black high low ruffle hem dress. Tiffany chose a blue lace print dress, elegant, yet simple. Taeyeon was the only one who didn’t picked out a dress, "I don't see any point of wearing a dress!" She complained. Tiffany & Yoona looked at each other & sighed, "Yes, there is." Yoona said, "You need it for the party tomorrow night." "Party, huh?" Taeyeon became confused. No one told her about any party. Tiffany giggled & sighed, "Oops, forgot to tell you." Tiffany then quickly explained the whole thing to a confused-looking Taeyeon, "Oh, but can't I just wear pants?" She asked hopefully, "No." The two sisters said in unison. They both looked at each other & giggled.


After the shopping trip, the girls decided it was for the best to go have a drink, "You know, Yoona." Taeyeon spoke up, "You are not such a once we get to know you." Tiffany barely choked on her orange juice. She didn’t expect any words like that to come out of Taeyeon’s mouth. Yoona, however, took it as a compliment, "Thanks." She said, "So friends?" Yoona stuck her hand forward for Taeyeon to shake it. Much to Tiffany’s surprises, she actually shook it, "Friends."