The Boy Is Mine

The Boy Is Mine

Chapter 5

 

Tiffany couldn't believe her ears. That stupid Jaejoong actually agreed to go on a date with Yoona?! Tiffany shuddered, ‘What bad taste.’ She thought. Tiffany just shrugged off what she just heard & climbed up the stairs to her room. Taeyeon was visiting her that day. The two girls were just lounging around in Tiffany’s room, doing almost nothing, "Why aren't you out with your boyfriend?" Tiffany asked, out of the blue. Tiffany plopped onto her little couch, holding a bag of chips in one hand & the phone in another, "Who? Yunho Oppa?" Taeyeon asked cluelessly.

 

Taeyeon was lying tummy-down on Tiffany’s bed & was intrigued with one of the magazines. Tiffany rolled her eyes at her friend's reply, "Who else?" Tiffany demanded lightly, as she popped a chip into , "I don’t know. I think he's doing something with Jaejoong Oppa." She said casually, as she flipped through the pages. For some odd reason, the mention of Jaejoong’s name caused Tiffany’s heartbeat to quicken, ‘Must be the fat in these chips.’ She thought to herself.

 

As if on cue, the phone in Tiffany’s hands rang, "Hello?" She said, "Hey Tiffany. Is Taeyeon there?" The person on the other line asked, "Yeah." She replied, as she put another chip in & handed the phone to Taeyeon. Obviously, Tiffany knew it was for Taeyeon. This wasn't the first time Yunho had called her house just to talk to Taeyeon. The couple chatted away for awhile, forgetting about Tiffany’s existence. Soon, Taeyeon hung up & jumped off the bed, "Let's go." She declared. Tiffany gave her a confused look, "Where to?" "To the movies, silly." Taeyeon grabbed ahold of Tiffany’s arms & pulled her off the couch. Tiffany just shook her head but she agreed anyway. The two girls quickly grabbed their bags & headed downstairs, "Oppa will be here to pick us.” True to his words, Yunho came to pick them up, "Which theater, my beautiful ladies?" The two girls looked at each other & bursted out laughing. Yunho could be such an idiot when he wanted to be, "City Cinema!" They cried in unison, & burst into another fit of laughter.

 

Jaejoong was beginning to fill a sense of trepidation taking over him. This woman, Yoona, who sitting beside him inched closer & closer as Jaejoong tried to move away from her. Jaejoong tried his best to concentrate on the movie but it was more than impossible. This horrid woman was clinging onto his arm more tightly than a rigid leech. Suddenly, she screamed & grabbed his arm tighter. He can feel her nails digging into his flesh. Jaejoong bit his tongue back from yelping, ‘Is she trying to hit on me or what?’

 

Yoona smiled to herself contently. Seems to her that Jaejoong was beginning to fall for her, ‘He's mine now, Tiffany.’ Yoona pretended to be frighten by this cheesy film but for a fact, she just wanted to let Jaejoong know how good of a woman she can be. She kept on stealing glances at him. So far, he seemed to be enjoying the movie & maybe even her presences. Already, Yoona was beginning to love the warmth of his body, the look on his face & the smell of his citrus verbena summer fragrance cologne. She couldn't get enough of it.

 

"I don't want to watch this movie!" Yunho wailed in a whisper. The trio decided...well, more like the two girls bossed him into watching Apt. The trio were quietly creeping into an already filled up theatre. Quickly, they found a three empty seats near the back row, "Shhh." The girls shushed him in unison. Yunho almost said something back but decided against it. When he was walking to his seat, Yunho accidently dropped half of the bag of goodies that he was holding. The two girls turned to look at him. Yunho gave them a pleading look to help but instead, they just gave him as evil glare.

 

He just shrugged & picked up the bags himself, ‘Girls, all of them are so bossy.’ He picked the bags up & took the seat next to Taeyeon. Soon, the three of them quiet down & began to enjoy the movie. Suddenly, a ghost popped out of the screen, causing everyone in the theatre to scream. Taeyeon jumped & grabbed onto Yunho’s arm. Yunho didn't mind this at all. He just sat back & enjoyed the moment. Not everyday was Taeyeon this vulnerable. Usually, she always bossed him around. Tiffany, however, was laughing mercilessly. She couldn't hold in her little giggles. This is what makes Tiffany different from everyone else. When she's scared, she laughs instead of screaming. People all turned around started giving her weird looks.

 

Jaejoong was enjoying the cute little laugh coming from the back of the theatre. It seemed familiar to him but he couldn't remember where he heard it from. Listening to that laugh is like listening to the best melody on this thriving planet. Jaejoong couldn't get enough of it. It seems that it was the only thing that kept him sane for the moment. The witch next to him was doing it all over again. Her nails were digging deeper into his fragile arm as the movie proceeded. He wanted to slap her off but didn't want to hurt her feelings so he kept quiet, "Ahhh!" Yoona screeched. Jaejoong's ears were ready to fall off. Her screaming was getting really irritating. Yet, the laughter from the back rose again.

 

Jaejoong tried to look back but Yoona quickly turned his head back but instead, she turned around. To her horror, she found Tiffany & her stupid little friends at the back! Yoona gritted her teeth & her hands rolled into fist, unleashing Jaejoong's flesh from the grip of her nails. Taeyeon, whom was cuddling up with Yunho, noticed a face looking at them from the front. She recognized that it was Yoona & stuck her tongue out. Yoona was startled by Taeyeon's antic & fumed even more. Yoona turned around & pretended that she didn't see Tiffany, Yunho & Taeyeon. She just simply cuddled up to Jaejoong even more.


Unfortunately, Tiffany noticed Yoona & Jaejoong sitting ahead. The sight of Jaejoong & Yoona cuddled up made Tiffany’s blood boiled. Yoona kept on inching closer to Jaejoong & Tiffany didn't like it one bit. All throughout the movie, Tiffany kept on giggling through the scary parts. Poor Jaejoong, on the other hand, was terrified. He wasn't terrified of the content of the movie but of the woman sitting next to him.