The Boy Is Mine

The Boy Is Mine

Chapter 2

 

It has been about eight days since that incident at Changmin’s house. Everyday, Tiffany tried her best to avoid Yoona but it was always no use. She would always somehow bump into the evil woman & she would give Tiffany a looked of triumphant & each time, Tiffany just turned around & walked away. It was a nice Saturday afternoon & Tiffany & Taeyeon had planned to go play some tennis. That morning, Tiffany woke up feeling somewhat happy, "Good morning." Tiffany greeted everyone in her family.

 

She expected everyone to be seated at their usual place but when Tiffany got downstairs & sat down, to her surprises, no one was eating breakfast, except for her aunt, "Where did everyone go?" Tiffany asked, as she took a sip of her orange juice. Like always, Tiffany was eating Yakiniku & drinking orange juice for breakfast, "Hmmm, your parents had some business to attend to." ‘Typical.’ Tiffany thought. Her parents were never home, "& Yoona still hasn't come down yet."

 

At the mention of Yoona’s name, the smile on Tiffany’s baby pink heart-shaped lips quickly disappeared. Her aunt probably noticed it because she said, "Are you two girls fighting again?" Tiffany didn't reply because her aunt probably knew the reason why already. Yoona’s mother knew Yoona more than Yoona realized. Although, Yoona always acted innocent around the elders, her mother knew better, "Just ignore that girl." She instructed, "She will eventually get her senses back." Tiffany nodded her head mutely.

 

"Good morning everyone." Greeted a jolly voice. To Tiffany’s disappointment, it was her cousin. When no one answered her, Yoona continued talking, "Why is everyone so glum?" Yoona was wearing a brown draped surplice top & black zipper detail corduroy pants. On her long, skinny legs were black over the knee boot. She waved her hand in the air, "Staying around you people make me ill." Yoona chirped. Without even saying goodbye, Yoona walked off. Yoona’s mother didn’t say anything but just shook her head in disapproval.

 

She turned to Tiffany, "You see your cousin? She's going to end up as a . I don’t want you to be like that, do you understand me?" Her aunt asked sternly. Tiffany nodded her head, "Yes, auntie." The two women continued with their breakfast in silence. The only sounds that were audible to their ear were the clinging of dishes, forks & chopsticks.

 

"Your aunt said that to you?" Taeyeon asked, with shock in her voice, "Yeah." Tiffany nodded. Tiffany had told Taeyeon all that her aunt had said to her over breakfast, "Wow, I never thought anyone would say that about their own daughter." "I know, me too." Tiffany agreed, "You know what? I'm not in the mood for tennis, how about shopping?" Tiffany suggested, "Girl, do I look rich to you?" Taeyeon was imitating the ghetto talk. Tiffany laughed at her friends mocking voice, "Unlike you, I don’t have money to spend."

 

"Yeah, that’s true." Tiffany joked, "You are on welfare." Tiffany started giggling at her own joke, "Hey." Taeyeon said defensively, but Tiffany knew she was joking because a wry smile was still on her lips. The two girls looked at each other & started laughing. They were always like this, making jokes out of the lamest things, "So?" Tiffany said, "How about that shopping trip?" "Hmmm, I don’t know. I think I prefer tennis." "You can help me choose a dress."

 

"Dress?" Taeyeon chirped. Tiffany giggled at her friends reaction. Tiffany knew Taeyeon was a slave to dresses. She had about a million of them at home. So, that was decided, the two friends would spend the afternoon shopping for Tiffany’s dress, "Hey, you still haven't told me what you needed the dress for." Taeyeon pointed out, "Some wedding." Tiffany replied, "It's my mom's best friend's sister's daughter’s wedding. Am I confusing you?" Taeyeon giggled & nodded.

 

"Well, for whatever reason, dress here we come!" Taeyeon announced.

 

"Hey, is that your girlfriend?" Jaejoong asked Yunho. The two guys have been shopping, helping Jaejoong look for a tux for his brother's wedding. Just as they were walking out of tux for men, a famous tux shop, Jaejoong noticed a beautiful figure through the window of the next shop, "Hey, it is." Yunho said, "Let's go see what's she's doing in there." Yunho quickly pulled Jaejoong into the shop, "Hey sweetie!" Yunho called out, just a bit too loud because all attention were on them.

 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked, as he leaned in for a kiss, "Shopping until we saw you. What are you doing here?" "Shopping too, but Tiffany’s shopping." Both, Yunho & Jaejoong looked around for any signed of Tiffany but she was nowhere to be seen, "I don't see her." Jaejoong said, a little bit disappointed, "Oh, I see someone's got a crush." Yunho chanted. Taeyeon quickly turned to glare at Jaejoong, "Remember your promise, no funny ideas. She's at the back talking to the manager. She needs to get one of the dress altered."

 

"Huh? Why would she need to get it altered?" Yunho asked, obviously confused, "So when she goes to the wedding, no one would have the same dress as her." "Why would she care if they have the same dress?" Jaejoong asked, even more confused, "It's a girl thing." Yunho told him, "Something we will never be able to understand." Tiffany squirmed in her seat. Her whole family was dressed & were heading to the wedding. Although, Tiffany should be used to these occasions, she still wasn't. Each time she would become more nervous. However, Yoona was the exact opposite, she loved these occasions. Occasions where she can meet guys & get them in her pants. Tiffany shuddered at the thought. Her aunt was right, her cousin was going to turn into a .

 

Once they reached the hotel where the wedding was taking place, the whole family started to pile out of the car., My, isn't this lovely." Yoona commented. She was wearing a black gold ruffle asymmetrical cocktail dress. Guys on the street were starting to hoot at her, "Some people will never change." She heard her aunt mutter. Tiffany couldn't have agreed better.

 

"This is going to be such a wonderful wedding." Mrs. Hwang said, "Isn’t it, honey?" She said to Tiffany, "Yeah." Tiffany replied flatly, showing no enthusiasm in her voice, "Just wonderful."


‘I can't wait until this wedding is over.’ Tiffany thought to herself.