Chapter Eight

Marionette

“What are you thinking about?” JongIn approached himself at the curled body of KyungSoo. They were doing the first round of the guard that night.

“I’m thinking about my family. I miss them so much, I don’t know what happened to them and I’m very worried…” He sighed and he hided his head between his arms.

“It seems you love them so much, do you?” JongIn approached more until he was touching KyungSoo’s shoulder with his.  

“A lot, actually.”

“They’re so lucky for having a pretty son like you…” When KyungSoo was going to complain JongIn kept talking. “I miss my family too, and MinSoo. I hope they’re okay.”

“I wish I had a friend like you have MinSoo, it seems pretty nice.”

“You don’t have one? Why?” JongIn frowned.

“I’m not very sociable and… well… I don’t really have friends. Only classroom mates and that’s all.”

“Really? They don’t know what they are missing. You’re really nice.”

“I’m not that nice… I don’t know why you’re so nice to me, I am really boring and uninteresting.”

“What? You’re not boring or uninteresting. I think you’re amazing and you know a lot of things. You knew the real voice behind the distorted one was a young boy, who would had knew that? You’re really awesome. And you’re very cute too.” JongIn blushed a little. “So don’t underestimate yourself, you deserve a lot.”

“Thank you, JongIn. The girl who will marry you will be very lucky, trust me.” He smiled at him with one of his most beautiful but painful smiles.

“Who says I like girls? I don’t like them.”

“What are you talking about, JongIn?” KyungSoo looked at him with his eyes wide opened.

“It wasn’t obvious? I’m gay, KyungSoo. So I’m not going to marry a girl.” He laid his head comfortably in KyungSoo’s shoulder.

“A-are you being serious? D-don’t fool m-me…”

“I’m telling you the truth! And it’s because I trust you. And what about you?” He was smiling until he realized what has just asked the little boy. “Oh God sorry, I didn’t mean that, I didn’t want to interfere in your private life…”

“It’s okay, JongIn-ah. Well… you told me your little secret so I’ll tell you mine. I’m gay too. Well, not gay at all, maybe biual? I don’t know… I have never been in a relationship so I don’t know what I really like. I just know I like boys because the last year I liked some guy but he was transferred to another school so, yeah. I’m very unlucky.” He sighed and stared on the floor.

“It’s okay, KyungSoo.” He looked at him. “You don’t know when you will meet your soul mate.” As he said that, he laughed smoothly and he laid his head again in KyungSoo’s shoulder. Inside of him he felt that KyungSoo in the future would be important for him.

“You think I’ll find mine?”

“Sure! You’re such a great person, you deserve the best, trust me.”

“If you say that…” He laughed a bit and he imagined a future with JongIn. He barely knew him from two hours ago but he was very nice to him and it seemed his stomach wouldn’t stop doing backflips when JongIn told him he was pretty or nice. As he enjoyed the warm company he thanked for a moment the one who trapped them there and made possible meeting JongIn.

-    -    -

“I want the bed!” Tao raised his hand.

“No way! I saw it before! I don’t want to sleep in the floor with the germs!” SuHo complained. Those jerks were so stupid interfering in his plans against the germs…

“Can you guys stop arguing please? Gosh you’re so irritating. The bed is mine!”

“What? I’m not going to sleep in the floor and mess my new clothes!”

“Everything you wear is new or something?” Lay said with an arched eyebrow.

“Everyone shut up!” ChanYeol screamed. “You’re so ridiculous! Tao, SuHo, Kris, the bed’s not yours. We’re going to search blankets and everyone will sleep in the floor. And not more arguing!”

“But… the germs…”

“You’re not going to die! The blankets will protect you.” “ChanYeol pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “Okay, everyone, let’s search the blankets!”

“And who made you the leader?” Kris told him, frowning. “You’re not the one to tell me what I have to do.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Do whatever you want and sleep in the floor without blankets. Its’ your decision.” ChanYeol raised both hands in surrender. “But then don’t blame to me if you’re attacked by germs.”

“What germs?” SuHo asked with wided eyes.

“Nothing SuHo, nothing…”

-    -    -

“Rise and shine, boys! We have to win a competition!” The deep voice of ChanYeol waked up everyone.

“Can you please shut up? I’m trying to sleep.” Tao complained.

“You can’t sleep more, we have to go to the high striker and win the other six boys wherever they are.”

“But I’m sleepy!” BaekHyun protested. “I want to sleep more…”

“C’mon guys, ChanYeol is right. Let’s get off of this trailer and let’s start searching the damn high striker of hell.”

“Thank you, Lay.” He smiled and everyone started to get up from the blanket-filled floor.

As the laziest persons started to leave the trailer, Kris started to hand everyone a cereal bar. “I had them in my backpack because I get hungry easily. Eat them, they will give you a lot of energy.”

“I remember the high striker is near from here, probably going straight and then left.” BaekHyun commented. 

“Let’s start walking, then.” Lay said happily.

As SuHo said, the high striker was where he thought. Everything was normal, excepting a little mannequin sit in the floor.

-    -    -

“From here, it’s left and then you go straight. Finally you go left again.” SeHun said with confidence. This time he will be right.

“You’re wrong; you have to turn right after you go straight.” LuHan said, nodding as if he was assuring himself.

“You’re both wrong. You have to go straight two times and then turn left. If we turn left like SeHun said we will find ourselves in the Ferris wheel.” Chen said.

“What? We’ll end at the Ferris wheel? What I am, a magnet to the Ferris wheels or something?”

“That’s what it seems.” Chen laughed.

“What if we talk as we walk? It’s 8:50 right now.” XiuMin said. “I want to finish the challenge fast and then go to sleep again.”

“Are you really sleepy?" LuHan asked. "You have slept all night; you neither had done the guard because no one could wake you up. You’re the sleeping monster.”

“Yah! I’m not a monster!”

“Poor guy! Don’t call him a monster…” Chen pouted and he embraced XiuMin who was pouting too.

“Let’s stop that cheesy thing and let’s start walking.” JongIn said.

“Says the guy who cuddled into KyungSoo all night.” Chen smirked.

“Shut up! I like to embrace things when I’m sleeping…”

“Things or boys? Huh?”

“Really, just shut up Chen.”

“Alright, fine. Let’s turn left before I kill all of you with a spoon.” KyungSoo said.

“You would kill me, pretty face?” JongIn asked with a pout.

“Okay, you won’t die. But I’ll kill the others so let’s start walking!”

Because everyone appreciated his live, they started walking. When they arrived, they weren’t surprised not only by the fact Chen was right about the Ferris wheel prediction but also because there was a little mannequin sitting in the floor, looking at them. When all of them approached the figure, the said mannequin started to talk.

Hello, my pretty boys! Nice to see you, JongIn. KyungSoo, you too. Welcome to your first challenge! It consists of trying to ring the bell located at the highest point, more or less at 17 levels. It’s easy, you’ll see. As I said yesterday, the winner can choose the next challenge and the loser team will lose one of their member’s power. It’s not necessary to say that you win if the bell rings, right? Good luck! Or have strength, whatever.”

The six boys saw the mannequin disappearing leaving a message in the air: You have three opportunities.

“Who will try first?” JongIn asked.

“I want to try! I’m really strong.” SeHun said.

“Okay, but don’t mess it! We only have three opportunities.”

“Okay, okay, here I go.” SeHun picked the mallet and kicked the platform. He only reached the “weak” mark, causing the other five burst in laugh.

“You’re really strong, huh? Yeah, sure…” Chen was laughing like a maniac.

“I am!” SeHun was red in anger.

“I want to try!” XiuMin said as he was wiping his tears away.

“I hope you’re better than SeHun.” JongIn said.

“I am! I am really strong.”

Perhaps the flowers he threw himself because of his strength, he only reached the “hunky” level.

“What? That high striker is tricked! I am very strong!”

Everyone started to laugh again. It didn’t seem like a competition, it was more like six friends went to the carnival to enjoy.

“Now I want to try!” KyungSoo said with a serious face.

“Are you serious? You think you could ring the bell?” JongIn said, frowning.

“You seem weaker than me!” Chen complained. “I don’t think you could.”

“Trust me; I think I could do it. Something inside me tells me I can. Perhaps someone is stronger enough? Just let me try and if I fail you can blame me.”

“I wouldn’t blame you ever…” JongIn muttered but LuHan heard him and he smiled. He knew JongIn liked KyungSoo.   

“Okay, okay. Try it then.” SeHun said.

KyungSoo picked the mallet and he positioned himself in the front of the high striker. He felt an aura enveloping him and he suddenly felt very, very strength. He kicked the platform and surprisingly he ringed the bell.

“He did it!” Chen was amazed.

“You did it, KyungSoo! You’re so awesome!” JongIn screamed and went to hug KyungSoo. LuHan was smirking and SeHun saw him. Now both of them were smirking; they were thinking the same.

“I can’t believe I did it, it’s like I was like a beast or something.”

As they were celebrating, an alarm sounded in the sky.

-    -    -

“JongIn? KyungSoo? What the hell… He or she is happy seeing them but not us?” Tao was pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Why do you mind? Just kick the damn platform!” Lay screamed to him.

“Okay, okay!” Tao kicked the platform with the mallet but he only reached the “titan” level. “Whaaaaat? Only titan? Are you kidding me or something? Stupid machine.”

“Tao, calm down please.” BaekHyun said. “You’re only tried once. Let’s let ChanYeol try and then Kris.”

“Yes! It’s my turn!” ChanYeol, the happiest of the six, picked the mallet and kicked the platform. For the surprise of everyone, he only reached the “weak” mark. “Are you being serious? Weak? I won an arm wrestling competition in high school!”

“Now you have to calm yourself, ChanYeol.” Lay said. “Kris, please, ring the damn bell of hell.”

“Everything for you is from hell?” Kris asked him.

“Maybe. Just kick the platform… of hell.”

Kris kicked the platform and everyone waited impatiently for the bell to ring.

 

 

A/N:

Hello! They censured me a word LOL... it's not biual, it's bsxual u know. And yes! That's the ending! I'm evil, I know. I have a lot of subscriptors!! (they are a lot for me OTL) So thank you everyone for subscribing and also thank you for reading and commenting. Lots of love ~