Chapter Nine

Marionette

Congratulations boys! You have won the first challenge. Since KyungSoo had rung the bell but the others had not, he will choose the destiny of the loser choosing a number from the one to the six. Please say it loud enough. Much better if you can scream it.”

KyungSoo was still trembling because of the adrenaline. He just couldn’t believe he just rang the bell and now they were the winners. “I choose the number three!” He screamed above him.

Number three! Great number. Let me see… Okay. Before I say the lucky person who will lose his power, I will let choose the winner team the challenge they want to do. You can choose between “spill the bottle” and “cover the spot”. They’re pretty easy, right? When you decide, please say it veeery very loud.”

“Gosh he’s so stupid. I hate him.” SeHun made a scornful look at the sky. The boy was really annoying him. “What we should choose?”

“I’d never played “cover the spot”” Chen scratched his chin. “I know “spill the bottle” is usually tricked but I think it’s the best option. You can win if you kick in the right place.”

“Okay, so “spill the bottle” then.” LuHan said. “Hey you, jerk! We want to play “spill the bottle!””

So you choose “spill the bottle”? Perfect then! At 14:00 the game will start. The game is located next to the circus. And finally! The one who’s not longer having powers is BaekHyun! Congratulations, you’re very lucky. After I end the announcement, I want to explain why you have powers. I will use KyungSoo for an example. You rang the bell because your power is strength. It makes sense now, right? Well, everyone can use his power for the competitions, but you have to discover them. By the way BaekHyun, you had the power of control the light. Have a good day!”

“The powers thing was not a joke?” Xiumin yawned. “I just want to sleep but these things are very interesting for just go and sleep.”

“You’re very strange, XiuMin… really.” SeHun looked at him like he was the strangest thing he saw ever.

“Enough, SeHun.” JongIn said. “Listen. I have a theory.” He started to talk lower. “It may seem a little bit strange but that’s the conclusion I’ve arrived. I think the one who kidnapped us or whatever has a very poor method for keeping an eye on us. We have to scream for talk to him and SeHun was doing rude gestures to him while he was talking and he didn’t saw him. He probably has only a mic in the clock or something.”

“And why that matters?” Chen asked.

“Let me finish. When I realized that I talked to KyungSoo about it and we arrived at a conclusion.”

“Well…” KyungSoo blushed a little. “I wasn’t only interested in voice-modification programs but also in computers too. If he’s able to have the supposed alternative universes inside a computer, a replica of the computer has to be here. Also he has to have a very expensive computer but why he doesn’t have a CCTV or something? Well, there are theories and one of them says that you have to travel to the alternative universes to install or build something that is not in the initial world. You can program easy things like a clock with a poor mic but not complex security stuff. The carnival doesn’t have one so that’s why he can’t watch us.”

“I still don’t understand why that matters.” Chen replied again.

“I didn’t finish!  As I said, a replica has to be here for the alternative world to work. If we find it, probably all the alternative universes will be unstable and we will return into our world.”

“So you’re saying you know how to exit the circus? You’re a genius KyungSoo!” LuHan hugged KyungSoo but, when he saw the looking JongIn was giving to him, he stopped.

When KyungSoo was able to breathe again, he continued talking. “Also, since he doesn’t see us we can search the replica with no problems.”

“He’s a genius, isn’t he?” JongIn ruffled KyungSoo’s hair and he blushed. “And he’s really cute when he blushes.” He whispered at his ear.

“And what we should do?” XiuMin asked.

“We should think about the places the computer can be hidden. Any suggestions?” JongIn rubbed his eye as he yawned a little. He had to admit that he was a sleepy person. Not like XiuMin, but a sleepy one.

“Probably it will be in the indoor ones.” SeHun said with his arms crossed. “Especially the bigger ones like the circus or the house of the mirrors.”

“We should divide us for search.” LuHan commented as he approached more to SeHun. “SeHun and I will go to search to the circus. KyungSoo and JongIn can go to the house of the mirrors and Chen and XiuMin can go… maybe to search in other little places?”

“It sounds good to me. What do you say, KyungSoo?” JongIn asked him.

“It seems a pretty good plan. What about you Chen? Xiumin?”

“Perfectly fine.” Both of them answered.

“Okay, then. We can meet at 12:00 in the Ferris wheel since is the only place we know to go. If you find the computer don’t do anything, we’ll go together.” LuHan smiled. “Everyone’s ready?”

“Yes sir!”

“SeHun, don’t call me sir.” He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Let’s start going before they start arguing or something.” JongIn grabbed KyungSoo by the arm and they both started to walk in the way of the house of the mirrors.

-    -    -

 “WHY ARE YOU SO INCOMPETENT?” Tao was shaking Kris like nobody’s business.

“Stop shaking me!” Kris left Tao’s grab. He was starting to get tired of this boy. “You didn’t do it good either! Besides, it was because the power of that KyungSoo. It’s not my fault!”

“It’s true Tao, don’t blame him.” BaekHyun held Kris’s arm in a comforting way. “Also I was the one who lost his power. You should be grateful!”

“But controlling light is useless.” Tao said in a childish way.

“Are you sure? What if you’re lost in the dark alone? You can generate light for yourself.”

“I didn’t think about that…” Tao started to think and he raised a little his hand as he turned. Everyone stopped moving but Tao just moved the hand again just in time for not see everyone paralyzed.

“We should go to the Ferris wheel and eat something there.” ChanYeol said.

“We could eat bacon and lays!!!” Tao smirked.

“Tao, it’s not funny.” Lay hit Tao in his arm. “Kris, you have some food in your backpack?”

“I don’t, but maybe the hotdogs are still able to eat.”

“I don’t want to eat something is out of date, I prefer die of hunger.” SuHo said. “Food intoxication is not the best choice to waste your time.”

“Okay, Mr. Exigent, we’ll search some food in condition and then we’ll go to the Ferris wheel.” Lay replied him.

“We can try to search at the trailers.” ChanYeol said. “Maybe they have conserves-“ SuHo was going to complain but he cut him off. “-that are not out of date or infected by germs or whatever you dislike.” He knew he said the correct words when SuHo smiled at him.

When someone was going to talk, BaekHyun’s stomach started to demand food. As Tao was going to laugh to him and tell him that he should eat bacon, his stomach did the same sound.

“We should go to the director’s trailer, I know where it its.” Kris said and, with an air of leadership, he started to lead the way.

-    -    -

“You seem out zoned again, KyungSoo.” JongIn waved his hand in front of his face. “Were you thinking again?”

KyungSoo, blushing with a billion shades of red, nodded. “Yes, I was thinking…” Like hell he was going to tell JongIn he was thinking about him. “I was thinking about the alternative universes.” He lied.

“And what’s wrong about it?” JongIn arched an eyebrow.

“I don’t know…” He started to think for an excuse. “It’s strange. Who in this whole world can use a computer for create alternative worlds? It’s just irrational.” It seemed that the excuse had succeeded.

“It seems that someone can use it. Maybe it’s false and he’s fooling us.”

KyungSoo stopped walking. “You don’t remember the house? It disappeared, JongIn!” He realized he was being a little bit hysterical and he apologized. “I’m sorry… I’m just confused.” He rubbed his forehead.

“It’s okay.” He rubbed smoothly his arm comforting him. “And I remember it, but it’s confusing for me too.” He laid his head into KyungSoo’s shoulder. JongIn started to feel that sensation again. He liked KyungSoo in that way? He knew him for only a day, although it seemed like ages. Why was he like that?

They started walking again and they arrived at the house of the mirrors. As they were going to enter, KyungSoo grabbed JongIn’s arm.

“Are you scared?” JongIn asked him.

“O-only a little…”

“It’s okay, we won’t separate, okay?”

“Okay...”

The light bulbs illuminated their way to the interior as they went in. Both of them were searching the right way to the center while they were laughing at the deformed reflections in the mirrors.

“Ah, right. When I went here with MinSoo yesterday I saw myself in the mirror with a black suit. Can you believe it? It was awesome!” JongIn said, happily.

“Really? You saw another you in the mirror? That’s very strange…”

“But these mirrors can do it, right?”

“I don’t think they can… Are you sure you saw it? It wasn’t a hallucination?”

“It was not!” JongIn pouted.

“How strange…”

After laughing a little bit more about themselves, they reached the center of the mirror maze.

“Where could the computer be?” JongIn asked his new friend.

“I don’t know, maybe behind the mirrors?” KyungSoo hummed and then he had an idea. “I know! Computers always make noise; we should try to listen if there’s some noise behind the mirrors.”

As KyungSoo said, they started to listen through the mirrors. Although they tried with all of their forces, it was in vain. The house of the mirrors was filled with silence.

“I think we should go to the Ferris wheel; there’s nothing to see.” JongIn said.

As he just said that, they started to search the exit, not seeing the reflex of a smirking JongIn wearing a black suit.

 

 

A/N:

Hello guys! Sorry for the delay but today I had a physics exam so I had to study really hard. I hope you understand! Also I wanted to comment a few things. I don't know absolutely nothing about alternative universes so everything explained here is fictional. Also I'm sorry if the group of Tao, Kris, SuHo, Lay, BaekHyun and ChanYeol doesn't appear a lot but since JongIn is the "main" character (if you can call him that) I have to write more about him (you'll see why). Also I promise there will be more scenes with the other group. One more thing! In the tags, CheMin and HunHan appears but they're there because of minor interactions. What I'm saying is KaiSoo is the main ship in this fic and ChenMin and HunHan have less importance. But they still will have their moments! (fast writting = lot of mistakes, sorry OTL)

Lot of loves from the lovely author :D (?????)