Chapter Three

Marionette

“Okay, okay. JunMyeon. Think with logic. You’re in a bathroom. That’s okay, yeah. With germs and that stuff…You only have to open the damn door and go outside.” SuHo tried to convince himself but it was in vain. “Oh God I’m going to die here.” SuHo started to sob. “Why, in all of the places of this carnival, I had to be trapped here? And why had I to be trapped, exactly!?”

SuHo started to hyperventilate. He hated dirty places like public restrooms. The one who let him die in the bathroom had been very considerate with him. He started to walk inside the restroom. He saw the mannequin he kicked after he was untied. “Ugh, such an ugly mannequin” And then he had an idea. “If I kicked the mannequin, could I kick the door? I won’t die if I kick it with shoes”

With one kick, the door was opened. “Finally! Thanks precious mind” SuHo left the restroom with a large grin but, when he reached the outside, his face changed drastically. “Where I am?” He looked around him. He was alone? He started to walk between the carnival games stalls. “Where is everyone? Mom? Dad? Sister?” He kneeled. “Oh God… this is so illogical” He looked at the sky. “Where are these black clouds from? After was sunny and… a clock?” He started to laugh like a maniac. “Definitely I’m crazy” While he was laughing, he saw a boy sprawled in the floor. He stopped laughing and he stood to help him.

The clock showed 18:29 and he started to run. After he could reach the boy, he disappeared in front of him.

                                                   -    -    -

ChanYeol finally left the circus. He woke up after a mannequin attacked him and now he was trying to find help. He was still shaking after being tied in a high platform; getting out of there took him a couple of minutes, maybe more. Walking, he caught sight of the clock in the sky but when he was going to complain about that he saw a boy lying in the floor. Immediately, the super tall boy went to help him.

“He-hello? A-are you okay?” The body didn’t answer. “Do you hear me?” He went to touch him. “Hey, wake up!” He tried to lift him up. “What if he’s dead? Oh God what I’m going to-“

“Hmmpf, my head hurts…” The boy said in an attempt of opening his eyes.

“Are you okay?”

“Not really.” When he fully opened his eyes he jumped in surprise. “Who are you?”

“Park ChanYeol.” He said, getting away from the new boy. “I woke up in the circus and I went out searching for help”

“Oh great, I thought you were my help. Perfect” He sighed. “By the way, I’m Byun BaekHyun.”

“Nice to meet you.” ChanYeol stood up and bowed. “Why are you here in the floor?”

“I was tied in the carousel and I saw a mannequin. I was so scared of him that I started to run but he followed me. Before I could run faster he threw me a purple gas and I don’t remember anything more.”

“It’s exactly what happened to me” ChanYeol replied.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I was tied and a mannequin threw me a purple gas. It dizzied me and after that I only remember waking up in the same platform I was tied” ChanYeol helped BaekHyun to stand up. “Let’s go if we see someone. If you’re here probably more people will be here too.”

“Sure” BaekHyun said with a smile. As he stood up completely the two of them started walking.

                                                     -    -    -

Lay was feeling a thin thread around his wrists. He started to open his eyes and he tried to see where he was. A smooth snore started to sound as he was awakening. When he was fully awake, he saw he was in a cage. He looked at his left where other cage was occupied with a sleeping boy. “You, boy! Stop snoring and wake up!” The other boy started to move.

“Why are you so loud? I’m trying to sleep”

“I don’t think you want to sleep more in a cage”

“A cage? What are you saying?” The boy turned his head to see him and, when he was going to spoke again, he realized that the boy was right. “Why am I in a cage? What did you do with me? You’re a ert!”

“What? I’m not a ert, I’m in a cage too! Are you blind or something?”

“How I am supposed to be blind if I saw myself in a cage? Are you stupid?”

“What? What did you said-“Before they could continue arguing, both boys saw a mannequin approaching.

“What the hell is that?” Lay said.

“Is a mannequin, you jerk” The other boy said in a burlesque tone. When Lay was going to answer him, he saw a purple gas and both of them went to sleep.

                                                    -    -    -

“Hey, you moron! Wake up!” Lay, angry, opened his eyes and, if stares could kill, he would have killed the annoying boy.

“Can you please shut your mouth? You’re very annoying” The boy frowned at his reply.

“I was going to tell you that you’re untied and I know how to leave the cage but with your attitude your life will ” The boy looked away.

“You know how to leave the cage? Nice!!!”

“Yeah, I know.” The boy started to approach the verge of his cage. “A few meters from here there is a button. If you hold it you can open the cage but when you’re not tapping it the cage closes.”

“I see… we could throw some weight on the button and leave before the cage closes. But, how do you know that? ”

“I had some candy in the pocket and I threw it and the cage door moved” The boy explained.

“Hmm okay…” Yixing was thinking. “You, boy, throw me one of your shoes.”

“What? I’m not “you, boy”, I’m Tao. And no, I’m not going to let you throw my new luxury shoes.”

“Why not? Gosh, fine. I’ll throw mine” Lay started to untie his converse and he threw one of them. The first shoe didn’t reach the button but the second hit the target. Slowly, the cage started to open.

“We’re out! Finally!” Tao started to scream happily. Lay went to reach both of his converse when he remembered he didn’t say his name to Tao.

“By the way, Tao, I’m Yixing. But call me Lay, please”

Tao started to laugh. “Hahahaha! Like the chips! You call yourself like the chips!”

“It’s not the same” Lay blushed in angry. “The chips are Lays, not Lay”

“Fine fine, whatever. Oh gosh you’re so funny”

“Let’s get out of there before I lock up you in the cage again” And with that the two boys headed out.

When they were outside, the circus was right in front of them. They started to walk in that direction but Tao saw someone else.

“Look, Lay, there’s a boy there”

“What? Where?” Lay looked around him and he saw a tall boy walking in other direction. “We should call him?” Tao nodded and Lay shouted to the boy “Hey, you!” The boy started to face them but, before he could see the two boys, he disappeared.

 

A/N:

Hi everyone! As you see everyone has appeared in the story! (More or less) When I woke up this morning I saw I had another upvote!! Thank you very much for your support. I love you all ~