Prologue

Marionette

“The best carnival arrives to your town! From the spectacular rollercoaster to our marvelous and exclusive circus, you will have an unforgettable experience. We’re waiting for you!”

“That sounds really amazing, even though we had read this a billion times” MinSoo said with a brochure in his hand.

“Yeah, you’re right MinSoo, this will be really amazing” JongIn said, grinning.

JongIn and his friend MinSoo were arriving at the most expected carnival of Seoul. It was spring and the weather was truly amazing: sunny and warm. The entrance of the carnival was enormous, with a cotton candy seller and an old ticket window. There was a large queue but the two friends went to buy their tickets with large grins in their faces. 17 minutes later, MinSoo and JongIn entered the carnival open-mouthed. It was true that this carnival was the best!

First of all, the friends went to the amazing rollercoaster, but for MinSoo and his stomach that wasn’t the best choice. When MinSoo’s stomach was better, they went to the house of mirrors.

It was pretty dark except for the colored light bulbs that guided you inside. Inside JongIn lost MinSoo and, in his attempt to find his friend, he arrived at the center of the house. It was round-shaped and he saw his reflection everywhere. Admiring his face he caught sight of one different JongIn. He wasn’t wearing a white t-shirt and jeans; he was wearing a black suit. JongIn was looking at his reflection in amazement. How could the mirror change his appearance? When he was going to touch the mirror, MinSoo appeared.

“JongIn!”

“God, MinSoo, where have you been? I’ve searched you everywhere!” Jongin said in relief.

“Sorry JongIn, I was totally overwhelmed by the mirrors and I got lost”

“It’s okay, now you’re here and that’s what matter. Look at my reflection! I’m wearing a black suit!” Jongin said extremely amazed although MinSoo didn’t show any emotion.

“JongIn, you’re not, believe me”

“What?” JongIn looked back to his reflection. “But… I swear to god I was wearing one on the reflection”

“C’mon JongIn, the mirrors are turning you crazy”

“But… It’s true…”

With a sad face, JongIn followed MinSoo to the exit, looking again his reflection without any changes.

When they left the house of the mirrors they decided to go to the Ferries wheel, MinSoo’s favorite attraction of the carnival. The views were spectacular; they could see the entire carnival from there! While JongIn was watching the things above them, he saw a striped circus tent.

“MinSoo, look at that, there’s the circus! It seems it’s going to start soon, should we go when we leave the Ferris wheel?”

“Sure, I love circus!” MinSoo said extremely happy. “I can’t wait to see the lion tamer; it’s the best performance in the circus”

The interior of the circus was pretty big, with almost 500 seats nearly filled. JongIn and MinSoo took place in two of the remaining sits, with the numbers 17 (JongIn’s favorite) and 18 at one of the upper rows. There the views were the bests. JongIn was very happy; he hadn’t in months a break of the college. Observing the people around him, he caught sight of a boy with huge eyes and pretty lips. “He’s cute” JongIn thought with a smile in his face. He wanted to go to talk to him but the spectacle started.

Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the best circus in the world. We hope the spectacle please your taste. Enjoy and have fun!” The director of the circus announced after he left the stage as it was occupied with clowns. They made not only the kids but also the adults laugh as they performed with balloons and monocycles. While JongIn was enjoying the circus, he was looking sideways with a smile at the boy he saw when he got inside, who was also enjoying the circus.

After the clowns, the lion tamer made his performance with the greatest lions JongIn had never seen, fascinating the audience and, of course, MinSoo. Straightaway, the acrobats started their performance. A man did tightrope walking in a very long rope, making the audience watch it with open-mouthed expressions. Afterwards, the acrobats started to join the performance with a beautiful music. JongIn was enjoying it like a child but, suddenly, the music and the lights were off.

JongIn, in panic, went to hold his friend’s arm but, for his surprise, it was a cold arm made of plastic. And then the lights came on.

All of the sits were filled with mannequins with no emotions in their faces and the stage was empty. All of the sits apart from the one of the huge eyes boy. JongIn stood up and went to reach the pretty little boy who was in panic but, when he was a few meters apart from him, everything went dark.

 

 

A/N: Well, hi! Welcome to my horrible fic :D Well as I said in the best foreword in the whole world, English's not my first language so probabily my fic is full of mistakes so I apologise. It's a veeery short prologue so I'm sorry for that too. If you like it please comment and subscribe :D Another thing, you can leave me comments in Spanish since I'm spanish, I'll apreciate them too. Lots of love!